test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameclient.exe has stopped working...2-26-15 patch

Several times a day now since the 2-26-15 patch I get 'Gameclient.exe has stopped working' box that pops up and kills the game. I finally got a fix for the D3Derror crash by altering the .pref file and it was smooth sailing for the last 3 weeks...now since the 2-26-15 patch, its constant Gameclient.exe stopped working crashes..sheeehs....I just want to play!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Post edited by highcasualtyrate on

Comments

• cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here. Any word on a fix?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here. Any word on a fix?

Absolutely none whatsoever.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Absolutely none whatsoever.

For the umpteenth time (because I'm tired of counting), the gameclient.exe (Windows platform) crashes during play.

Map transition, in-game mission or STF PvE play, it happens once or twice an hour: the gameclient.exe suddenly fails. I get kicked out of STO. This has been occuring for me since February 2015. Bug reports have been submitted; no responses.

Cryptic/PWE: Please note (and FIX) this bug!
  • wndrrwndrr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This problem not only continues to happen for me, it has gotten worse and worse. I barely have time to do my invocations and crafting now before the game crashes! I've reinstalled, checked all drivers, Dx11, tried safe mode and turned off on demand patching, lowered graphics settings, have deleted the gamePrefs.prefs file multiple times, verified files and nothing works!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Used to have a stable game, minimal lag (minus the event-related rubber-banding), but now it's just plagued with CTD (Crash to desktops) with map changes, or sometimes funny enough when I'm doing nothing at all but just sitting in sector space. Bursts of lag also add some bad rubberbanding out of nowhere and it isn't on my end of things.

I try to submit the crashes, but the submit bug window itself sometimes vanishes real quick.

Please look into it, and prioritize. There was a time a month or two ago where some fixes and improvements were rolled out, but now the quality of gameplay is just degrading too much.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    for me when I click the launch button,i get a box stating that some game files need verifying,this may take 20 minutes.when finished,it just freezes on black cryptic screen for up to 5 min,then error box with can't connect to server. please fix this.it started just before 10.5
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Got gameclient error and now it loads but just stops responding and eventually crashes.
  • wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    same issue here also, I know my internets working fine its just the game client that's bugged, just goes to not responding ??????????????
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    their priority should be fixing both the game server and patch server.this has gone on way too long.
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Yup, only way in at the moment is via safe mode and then set everything up again.
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    I made Topic with a link to a youtube video showing a possible fix for this issue...its possible you are suffering from the same thing....

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=