test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should Laughing Trendy or Holly Amos lead the Dev Panel at STLV?

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Today it was announced that STO are having a Dev Panel at STLV with Holly Amos, Product Development Coordinator for CBS Consumer Products leading the panel (See STO Blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9469033).

My reaction was (posted in forum post: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196573/see-you-at-star-trek-las-vegas):
What! Why? Shouldn't we have Laughing Trendy our STO Community Manager doing this?
Especially as the livestream with Aron Eisenberg was handled so well too - why give us someone we've never heard of?

I also think that people will see and hear CBS and try asking about licensing, future TV series etc that Holly will not and cannot answer!

I vote for Trendy to do this!!

What does everyone else think? Should we have Laughing Trendy or Holly Amos lead the Dev Panel at STLV?

Should Laughing Trendy or Holly Amos lead the Dev Panel at STLV? 54 votes

Laughing Trendy, STO's Community Manager from Perfect World Entertainment
72%
primar13startrek1warsmidniteshadow7jodarkridercheesebaskethippiejonsarosspsyman87smeeinn1tmjarbarartan42kjwashingtoncidjackmeimeitoosysil84repetitiveepickitsunesnoutangrybobhvegeta50024bloodyriz 39 votes
Holly Amos, Product Development Coordinator from CBS Consumer Products
27%
belidosreiklingraidershpokscoupaholiccrypticarmsmanlogos1326patrickngotacofangsmarkhawkmantylermaxwellkavaserezkingazurealli4ncestorulesbubblegirl2015 15 votes

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Trendy! UNLEASH THE LEEK OF DOOM ON VEGAS!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Trendy. I know who she is. As long as she doesn't mention the Ferengi, she'd be there all day :D.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
    imo you're missing the real critical piece of news here...
    implementation of the Star Trek universe from a classic series to a masterful, digital experience.
    so when is this "masterful, digital experience" coming out?! What will it be named? How much will it cost at release?

yes this is sarcasm
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Well considering it's a Dev panel and Holly's a Dev while Trendy isn't a Dev ...
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,272 Arc User
    There is again NONE of the above...come on people...give us more choices normal-7.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    As much as I love Morrigan.... this is what Holly does. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Why can't i vote for Captain Geko, i just purchased a new pitchfork and torch :) joking >:)
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    belidos wrote: »
    Well considering it's a Dev panel and Holly's a Dev while Trendy isn't a Dev ...

Okay Holly working for CBS does not in any way make her a dev. I don't know Holly, and its always nice to meet a new face, but midnite is Right. Lets keep her on the Panel, but give the Dinosaur the Reins!

I vote Trendy!
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    I say a best out of five sack race.
    primar13 wrote: »

Okay Holly working for CBS does not in any way make her a dev. I don't know Holly, and its always nice to meet a new face, but midnite is Right. Lets keep her on the Panel, but give the Dinosaur the Reins!

I vote Trendy!
    Here's a pic of Holly from last year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nduguid/14889176431/in/album-72157646371063041/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Trendy's been keeping this community together, trying to be the person communicating with us the most. As such, she should be one to do it. It's only logical. :smiley:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Today it was announced that STO are having a Dev Panel at STLV with Holly Amos, Product Development Coordinator for CBS Consumer Products leading the panel (See STO Blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9469033).

My reaction was (posted in forum post: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196573/see-you-at-star-trek-las-vegas):
    What! Why? Shouldn't we have Laughing Trendy our STO Community Manager doing this?
    Especially as the livestream with Aron Eisenberg was handled so well too - why give us someone we've never heard of?

I also think that people will see and hear CBS and try asking about licensing, future TV series etc that Holly will not and cannot answer!

What does everyone else think? Should we have Laughing Trendy or Holly Amos lead the Dev Panel at STLV?

seriously ..............there should be a 3rd option...that no one cares who does it and this is a stupid post
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    edited July 2015
    cries at the thought of no expansion
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    wildweasal wrote: »
    wildweasal wrote: »

seriously ..............there should be a 3rd option...that no one cares who does it and this is a stupid poll ...I thought people were not being serious when they were saying the "polls" were getting out of hand

3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    My vote goes to Trendy, wholeheartedly! :)

Kinda strange to see another CM put forth the question. though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Doesn't the panel "lead" do not much of anything besides introductions and acknowledge who's going to ask the next question?

And the panelists (to include Trendy) are the ones who actually answer them?

If so, leave Holly in the "lead" slot, and let the devs do their answering - maybe through Trendy to prevent "foot in mouth" syndrome...​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I would love to see Trendy rep on an STO Panel...but I think she's outranked by this Holly person.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
    dareau wrote: »
    Doesn't the panel "lead" do not much of anything besides introductions and acknowledge who's going to ask the next question?

And the panelists (to include Trendy) are the ones who actually answer them?

If so, leave Holly in the "lead" slot, and let the devs do their answering - maybe through Trendy to prevent "foot in mouth" syndrome...​​
    Yeah, I believe so. Kinda like being a talk show host I guess. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I dunno. Isn't it kinda late for this kind of poll?

I think whoever has been picked for the job has probably been picked for a reason. Holly Amos being from CBS - the company that holds the actual Star Trek rights, at least most of them - seems to make sense to me.

Most of us won't be there anyway, so it will not really affect us. Heck, it might be better if Trendy is not even there, so she can take care of blog posts and updates on the website.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I have no doubt Trendy is a very nice, hard working person. But judging by Smirks livestreams she isn't very outgoing. By making her leading a panel you probably wouldn't do her a big favor.
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    Trendy will get more votes just because of popularity reasons, but Holly Amos is more fit for this role for obvious reasons.
    I dunno. Isn't it kinda late for this kind of poll?

I think whoever has been picked for the job has probably been picked for a reason. Holly Amos being from CBS - the company that holds the actual Star Trek rights, at least most of them - seems to make sense to me.

Most of us won't be there anyway, so it will not really affect us. Heck, it might be better if Trendy is not even there, so she can take care of blog posts and updates on the website.​​

Exactly.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2015
    I know both of them, and they are both rad people.

I'm honestly quite please Holly will be running our panel. She's pretty swell, give her a chance.

(Plus, I'm not sure Trendy is even going . . . ?)

Holly isn't a dev. She works for CBS, not Cryptic.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Would Trendy even want to do it, for all those who think your vote counts?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Still wont make any difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    [color="#f1c232"]None of the above...

How about Brandon or Smirk...I know no longer here but they are missed[/color]​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    None of the above...

How about Brandon or Smirk...I know no longer here but they are missed
    ​​

That would be an entertaining panel:

Bran: So, Taco, how is the DS9 revamp coming?
    Taco: Not doing that anymore, it was just an idea I wanted to do.
    Bran: Right, sorry. Bort, any word on the effort to throw a balance pass at boff abilities? There was a real good discussion thread on that a while back.
    Bort: Yeah, we switched gears on that, too. We created new boff powers through the training manual system.
    Bran: The kemocite power that is clearly balanced and in no way difficult to obtain?
    Bort: [mutters] not my decision...
    Bran: PVP?
    [silence]
    Smirk: Honestly, I was just trying to show off the new ship! My personal builds weren't really that bad!

All joking aside, the fact that the CBS coordinator is moderating has me very excited about the future of STO. Please, don't let this be a red herring. I really want this to mean wild, exciting news is coming!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

You'd think midniteshadow7 asked her, before putting up Trendy for consideration. :) Otherwise the whole vote is kinda silly.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    It seems to me that a third party not affiliated with STO is a good choice for the panel lead. They can be impartial and keep things on track. Anyway CBS owns the property and have the major say in any discussions. ( I love Trendy too but I think CBS should probably moderate.)
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Yeah, after reading the blog I don't really see the point in Trendy going. Besides, when would people get the chance to ask questions directly to a rep of CBS itself?​​
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    You'd think midniteshadow7 asked her, before putting up Trendy for consideration. :) Otherwise the whole vote is kinda silly.
    Quite true. It's very silly especially since the decision to have Holly do it has already been made.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing