test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Direct 3D fatal error

neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
Hello I have been getting a error called "Fatal Error: Direct 3D Driver returned error
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query

Technical Detals: Sync query 5 0x1d466280 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF 8657

D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006".

I have been trying to access both Star Trek Online and Neverwinter to no avail and it seems localized to Cryptic only games since other games i play are functioning perfectly

I use a Intel I7 quadcore
NVIDIA GeForce 460M
6GB RAM

can you please help me?
Thank you
manipulator of time and long time space traveler
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did you do a search? There are several threads regarding this issue
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    powerman913powerman913 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I found a work around that works most of the time, but sometimes it still crashes on boot up.

Go to options in the launcher before you enter the game.
    Turn on safe mode, make sure to click save.
    Run the game, once character selection is open click on options.
    Go to the display tab, and at the top of the tab is something called "video card" or something like that.
    Change the setting from auto to the DirectX 9 version, currently 10 is causing the bug.
    Exit STO, then reopen through standard means without safe mode.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I have tried to set stuff in game for lower DX but it still crashes upon loading unless I use safe mode.

it's not a big issue as I can still load the game but it would be nice to know if or when this is going to be fixed.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    digiduckdigiduck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I get something similar, But mine is FATAL ERROR: Direct3d driver returned error code (D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG) while checking sync query.
    Techincal Details Sync query 1 0x3bcdb00 Getdata==0x88760874 0 f 0, The only soulotion I could find was the safe mode trick. I found that in safe mode, the game will not save the preferences you set while in that mode. Since I am new too windows 8.1, I am unsure how too bring up the directx exe file in order to try and set it to run in direct x 9 mode.
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    all i know is this has to do with the game auto starting up in directx 11 compatibility and i have yet to see an actual fix or a way to get the game to start up in directx9 settings. i've tried changing the gameprefs.pref file i've tried safe mode nothing seems to work. so i don't know
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I've been having a similar issue but it only arose when I updated my graphics driver so I'm going to roll it back later, you might consider trying the same thing if you updated recently.

Having tried using an older driver I've just had the same issue, however it seems to happen less frequently.
    Post edited by adamkafei on
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I got the fatal error while Locking Sprites. First I've seen of this error
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    i still can't get into game no matter what happens the display driver fails to respond and all i get to is the iconian wars display screen even using my gameprefs.pref file from what i had windows 7 installed on my comp doesn't fix the issue.
  • Options
    vardanoirvardanoir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    was posting in another post here about having game crash issues but thought i'd put my two cents in on this one and say I too got this or a very similar crash message twice this evening during my failed debacle that was a windows 10 upgrade ...not sure if this is how you got ur message to pop or if it's related to my now ongoing game stall/freeze/crash issue and my video settings for the game itself ... just adding in that it's not just you this message has been given to is all
  • Options
    machin3gunmachin3gun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    very sad,

i cant get fullscreen to work , just purchased new laptop windows 10 Geforce GTX 860, directx 11 way better then my last laptop and now it dont work.

keep getting direct x error unable to switch to fullscreen
  • Options
    topman112topman112 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i have problem with my computer it froze up my game then the screen went all black and white dots. I try again but it said the video card is not compatible , somebody said reinstall the drivers for the video card. I did it says its says its install try play the game, the game would not work said fatal error Direct 3D. It not just happen only on Star Trek Online it mosty on other games I play. The video card is nvidia geforce gtx 260
  • Options
    hypodemicushypodemicus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    AAARRRG!
    Same error with me at the load screen. Only STO crashes, all other games i tested run perfect.
    And yes, i read about all threads i could find (here and in internet) about it, no solution until now.
    I upgraded my system, so i gues that made the difference. Due to the reworking of the PC i played the last 2 months on laptop, so if any patch was the culprit, i may have missed it.
    Since i use the same OS (win 7 64 SP1) and graphics card as before, i doubt that my graphic card is broken. I did replace mainboard, CPU and HD, but how that will give me a divx-error, i don´t know.
    I tried about 10 different approaches, but only working solution is to start in safe mode.
    Alas, i thought the new PC intestines would give me a better STO gameplay... :disappointed:
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just started happening to me today - never had it happen before (that I can remember.)

(I tried safe mode, but still same error.)

Update: Okay... here's what I did to finally get it to start: I turn on safe mode, but did NOT put it into full screen until after everything had loaded. It warned me that the graphics setting were reset and then I maximized the application.
    Post edited by fadmbambam on