Install Arc
Options

Sixth Annual Pride Weekend

Stonewall Fleet

Presents

The Sixth Annual Pride Weekend

Saturday, July 11th, 2015 - Sunday, July 12th, 2015

rainbowfederation.png

Stonewall Fleet is proud to host the Sixth Annual Pride Weekend for the Star Trek Online community. This time of year is a time of great celebration for the GLBT community. Millions worldwide celebrate during this time of year in remembrance of the Stonewall Riots. The Stonewall Riots were a major changing point in the TRIBBLE & TRIBBLE Rights Movement that not only affected the GLBT community, but the entire world.

For this occasion, Stonewall Fleet will be hosting events throughout the weekend. The events will be open to the entire Star Trek Online community and we hope that you and your fleet will come join in.

Join STOPride! To participate in all the festivities and follow along with the days events, please join the STOPride channel! Enter '/channel_join STOPride' to join.

Check out the complete weekend schedule at fleet.stonewallgaming.net/pride.
ef60ddee6509cfb00c93237a0bfeec6b_large.png

Comments

• Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Nice. These ingame events are always fun. Not sure if I will be on but good luck with the weekend.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I shall Try! to be there vQTD03D.png​​
    Post edited by jam3s1701 on
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Looks like a lot of fun. My schedule is not looking promising for me to be playing much STO at all on Sunday, though.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I can't make it, but your in my thoughts happy Pride Weekend.
  • Options
    gxv4gxv4 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Ill be there!!
    Blue02.png
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    TRIBBLE and TRIBBLE, caught by the chat filter.

Thanks, I'm a row of astrixs now...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Not interested.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I thought the forums censor would have been fixed by now.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    I tend to find these "pride" events counterproductive, but if you want to shoot yourself in the foot to host one then go right ahead.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I tend to find these "pride" events counterproductive, but if you want to shoot yourself in the foot to host one then go right ahead.​​

i agree.

personally i don't like this idea of "community", this is just a way of creating ghettos. i understand that you are proud to be who you are, but no need to be hidden behind a "community" in this game or in rl, same thing for all the other "communities" (black, asian, christian etc etc etc). the world would be a better place without gates between people

good luck for your event, and have fun :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    All they are trying to do is celebrate diversity there will be a world one day when there is no need but for now this is a good way to be proud of who and what they are.

There is no need to view your disagreements when all they are trying to do is make sure everyone and anyone feels welcome.

Please can we not divert this thread into what it others became.
    ​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I support this.

"Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations"
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    *munches on popcorn*
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    All they are trying to do is celebrate diversity there will be a world one day

maybe, we could try to build this world right now ;)

btw, i don't disagree, I give my opinion, without judgement. btw, i have a friend; she is black, @TRIBBLE and muslim, in which community, she should be??? and like she lives in Brittany, she considers herself to be Breton, not french; complicated, isn't it!!!

i hope, you understand what i mean. personally i like the people for their personality, not because they are like me.

like i wrote "i understand".

follow your advice. and don't try to find in my sentences more than I wrote; it is only an opinion, without judgment, pettiness. :)

• Options
    edited July 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    All they are trying to do is celebrate diversity there will be a world one day

maybe, we could try to build this world right now ;)

btw, i don't disagree, I give my opinion, without judgement. btw, i have a friend; she is black, @TRIBBLE and muslim, in which community, she should be??? and like she lives in Brittany, she considers herself to be Breton, not french; complicated, isn't it!!!

i hope, you understand what i mean. personally i like the people for their personality, not because they are like me.

like i wrote "i understand".

follow your advice. and don't try to find in my sentences more than I wrote; it is only an opinion, without judgment, pettiness. :)

it wasn't aimed at you man just a broad general statement is all.

Sorry if you felt it was aimed towards you my bad.

​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    gravity2705gravity2705 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    There are some great events and great prizes being given away over the course of the weekend, i hope many of you can swing by :)
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Parading LGBT people like animals of a circus, yeah, what a good way to improve publics view....
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Nice b8 thread m8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    That's nice. I'll be busy taking the Star Trek approach to homosexuality or race for that matter, which is to treat as an already-accepted thing no more worth mentioning than heterosexuality and ignore it.
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The events will be open to the entire Star Trek Online community and we hope that you and your fleet will come join in.
    the world would be a better place without gates between people

It's hard to think of something less like putting gates between people than inviting literally everybody in STO to join in their event.

It's been raining for days and I may be stuck outside making up yardwork all weekend, but if I can make any time at all, I'll come celebrate with you. Thanks for the invitation!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    eighrichte wrote: »
    The events will be open to the entire Star Trek Online community and we hope that you and your fleet will come join in.

It's hard to think of something less like putting gates between people than inviting literally everybody in STO to join in their event.

It's the absurdity of creating a pride event which is erecting walls. By hosting a pride event the LGBT community, for as far as there is such a thing, effectively sets itself apart from everyone else thereby creating obstacles between both communities (LGBT and non LGBT).

If i were to host a pride event for heterosexuals, or simply for men, people would at the very least wonder if i lost my sanity.
    So why is a pride event suddenly a good idea when it's directed at a LGBT community.
    ​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    That's nice. I'll be busy taking the Star Trek approach to homosexuality or race for that matter, which is to treat as an already-accepted thing no more worth mentioning than heterosexuality and ignore it.

That's nice. Really didn't need your opinion on this at all. Some of us are supportive of this, but if you're, not, perhaps you should take your own advice and ignore it instead of grandstanding your indifference.

The sad thing is you don't even realize what you're saying there in reply to what was said.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    This is a good thing, but simply because I don't have the time and I don't want to deal with Dental I'm not going to be there.

There's also the matter of my Internet connection being about as strong as an anesthetized fly in a pitcher plant, so...yeah.
    shazia9191 wrote: »

That's nice. Really didn't need your opinion on this at all. Some of us are supportive of this, but if you're, not, perhaps you should take your own advice and ignore it instead of grandstanding your indifference.

The sad thing is you don't even realize what you're saying there in reply to what was said.
    The hypocrisy is amusing, isn't it?
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I take pride in being who I am. Human. To more and no less.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Sounds good, OP. As previously mentioned if you want any prize donations or whatnot feel free to hit up Dental/NoP.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    admiraldunwalladmiraldunwall Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    eighrichte wrote: »

It's the absurdity of creating a pride event which is erecting walls. By hosting a pride event the LGBT community, for as far as there is such a thing, effectively sets itself apart from everyone else thereby creating obstacles between both communities (LGBT and non LGBT).

If i were to host a pride event for heterosexuals, or simply for men, people would at the very least wonder if i lost my sanity.
    So why is a pride event suddenly a good idea when it's directed at a LGBT community.
    ​​

I think you need to look up what an 'oppressed minority' is dude. This isn't about erecting walls. The LGBT community are actually taking down these 'walls' that were put up in the first place by religion, homophobes, governments, and prudes. These oppressed minorities take pride in the fact that they are now earning the same basic human rights that white, middle class males all enjoy (the right to marry, adopt, not be harassed in public, job discrimination based simply on their sexuality, not having to deal with parents that would abandon you simply due to your sexuality... the list goes on).

It baffles me that so man straight people are basically saying 'okay, you have almost the same amount of rights now, pls stop making a fuss about it'. I'm pretty sure if you had less rights than everyone else for thousands of years, you'd want to celebrate finally getting them.

Also, weren't you the one who kicked up all that fuss about the TRIBBLE Klingons, saying it shouldn't be forced on us (When it wasn't even apparent, I didn't notice it until my second playthrough)? There is clearly some homophobia here, even if it is somewhat passive. If you don't like it, go elsewhere or ignore it. It's not like these people are trying to make you TRIBBLE.

EDIT: Cannot believe that g*a*y and l*e*s*b*i*a*n is censored....

EDIT 2: One minute, these are censored, next they aren't?

tumblr_n8bewt4QjC1qm2fu4o2_r1_400.gif
    "Polls are so annoying, let's make a poll to see who agrees!"
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User

Yup, me too. That is true equality.
This discussion has been closed.