test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Armada System - Centralized Info - Going Live July 16th

comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
UPDATED NOTE FOR DOES THAT DON'T KNOW!!!

SEASION 10.5 Going Live JULY 16th, 2015.

I posted this on another thread but I feel like it would get buried down too fast and not be visible to others. So here is my quick notes on the Armada System after spending a couple minutes on it. This was tested with 5 fleets so far and shall be expanded upon more testing.

Delta Alliance X - Alpha Fleet
Borg -Tribble Alliance - Beta Fleet
Section 31 - Beta Fleet
SaW - Gamma Fleet
Starfleet M.A.C.O. - Gamma Fleet

Notes after messing around with the system

TESTING
1. Yes, you can block Armada Invites like you would Fleet invites
2. Yes, Beta/Gamma fleets can donate to Alpha fleets
3. Yes, Alpha fleets can donate to Beta/Gamma Fleets
4. Yes, there are options to block single holdings or all holdings all together
5. Yes, there are options to block incoming/outgoing specific items donated i.e; Dilithium, DOffs, Commodities, Fleet Marks the whole shamango
6. When creating an Armada a new chat channel is auto created and available to all fleets in the Armada.
7. Yes, there is an options to "Kick" a fleet from the Armada. (although I'm not sure if its sub-fleets will go with it as-well as stated by the MMORPG.ORG article)
8. Yes, there is an option to "Leave" the Armada.

Channel (Armada)
2. It is auto created upon joining an Armada
3. (Not sure if it is removed when leaving an Armada) - More testing needed
4. It is like "Local - Fleet - Zone" channels not a Private channel

Bonuses
BONUSES HAVE NOT BEEN HOOKED UP TO THE SERVER YET!
As per the interview with "Al 'Captain Geko' Rivera" on Priority One: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po229/
Skill Point Bonuses (BOOST): will range from .05 to 2.5% (not official) for Leveling purposes, will be bigger for Alpha & Beta Fleets
Dilithium Bonuses (DISCOUNTS): will range from 0.5 to 2.5% (not official) for holding discounts purposes, will mostly affect Beta & Gamma Fleets

As per Broticus.
Bonuses unlocks at Armada level 50. Increases every 50 levels from there on.

A few quick Q&A:

Q: How is Fleet Level / Armada Level determined?

A: Every Holding Tier your Fleet possesses should be worth one Fleet Level. This means getting a T4 Shipyard is 4 levels on its own.

Q: What is max Fleet Level / Armada Level?

A: Extrapolating from the previous answer, you should be seeing a total as follows:
* Starbase = 20 Levels
* Embassy = 9 Levels
* Dilithium Mine = 9 Levels
* Spire = 9 Levels
* Research Lab = 9 Levels
* TOTAL FLEET LEVELS = 56

Now, if you take that and multiply it by the max number of Fleets that can be in an Armada, you'll get (56 * 13) = 728 Armada Levels

*** NOTE: There is currently a series of known bugs with how Fleet Level and Armada Level are displaying on Tribble Builds, and we're working to correct them. The two above answers are how it should be working.

Q: What are the bonuses, when do they unlock, etc. etc.

A: Right now, Armada Bonus Tier 1 starts at Armada Level 50, and increases for every 50 Armada Levels past that.

Armada Bonuses are currently as follows:
Skill Point Bonus:
* Alpha Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1
* Beta Fleet = 0.5% + 0.5% per Tier above 1
* Gamma Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1

Dilithium Discounts:
* Alpha Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1
* Gamma Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1

All of this information is still subject to change.

COMMUNITY CONCERNS ADDRESSED
1. [Y] - Block Request/s to join an Armada
2. [Y] - Allow certain areas to be accessible/closed in each holding
3. [Y] - Block all contributions going in and out
4. [Y] - Leave Armadas Penalty free :D

PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Holding UI when donating to another fleet via the Armada System is relevantly super compact/hard to navigate and confusing?!? Hope this get a face lift-up soon.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS/PREFERENCES
1. Out going invites to another fleet should be able to be cancelled by the fleet sending it (no option for that currently)
2. Request invites to already formed Armadas
3. Armada Uniforms (For RP communities)
4. Allow other ranks to accept/send Armada invites
5. Armada Bank - Mail System

POSSIBLE EXPANSIONS
By @szim - Joint PvE's/Missions
szim wrote: »
So more options to contribute for large fleets and some small bonus on XP and dilithium costs. That's all? That's the whole functionality of the armada system? No actual gameplay like joint attacks or something like that? ...

By @comrademoco - Armada Coalitions

So the idea was taking the same system and making Armada alliances that could be made maybe from 2 to 13 Armadas making vast alliances.

Think of the numbers of players that could ban together with that... I calculate around 84,000 players...

These are some quick notes after testing the system. Keep in mind that it was the 1st version of the system I tested. So yes WIP... This is all I have so far, as I was not able to get more fleets into the quick Armada that I made... more fleets are needed for testing this at it's full potential.

I will also "try" to update this post once every new update to the system is done, until full release. If you would like to help me test this on Tribble send me message here or in game via @comrademoco.

Cheers and see you around Captains!

P.S. - Yes you can copy this and reproduce it else were for confirming or giving your fleets news/info/updates about the Armada System.[/color]
6tviTDx.png

Post edited by comrademoco on

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    good to know, thanks.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    is this up on tribble or redshirt?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It's on Tribble. There is also an official feedback thread now: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1193209/official-thread-for-the-fleet-armada-system#latest

We really need a Dev Tracker again.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    i think the armada channel is kind of annoying, and i hope there is functionality to remove from the armada altogether, similar to the fleet channel. many of us are already using global channels in favour of faction/fleet locked channels.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    is this up on tribble or redshirt?

It's on Tribble, and since many don't have access to those section of the forums, it is why I'm posting some here :)
    i think the armada channel is kind of annoying, and i hope there is functionality to remove from the armada altogether, similar to the fleet channel. many of us are already using global channels in favour of faction/fleet locked channels.

Yes, you can turn off the channel altogether. Just go into your chat settings and you can mute it. As far as allowing certain fleet ranks to be be able to see it like fleet/officer channels, that has not been added yet. Remember early WIP.
    It's on Tribble. There is also an official feedback thread now: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1193209/official-thread-for-the-fleet-armada-system#latest

We really need a Dev Tracker again.

Not all accts have access to the sections, and you must be logged in to view them. Another reason why my info is here rather than there.

6tviTDx.png

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User

Yes, you can turn off the channel altogether. Just go into your chat settings and you can mute it. As far as allowing certain fleet ranks to be be able to see it like fleet/officer channels, that has not been added yet. Remember early WIP.

thanks for the info :)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Thank you very much for the information provided OP.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2015

2. Yes, Beta/Gamma fleets can donate to Alpha fleets
    3. Yes, Alpha fleets can donate to Beta/Gamma Fleets

Did you test donations from gamma to gamma, beta to beta, gamma to beta, and beta to gamma?

It's on Tribble, and since many don't have access to those section of the forums, it is why I'm posting some here :)

Not all accts have access to the sections, and you must be logged in to view them. Another reason why my info is here rather than there.

If this is a deliberate change in policy, then @pwlaughingtrendy or someone else from PWE should confirm it, because it wasn't this way in the old forums.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    To: comrademoco...please check to see if the Fleet's Dilithium discounts from the Armada applies to everything... including the stores, R&D, as well as the Fleet projects? Thanks. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Cheers!
    6tviTDx.png

edited July 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Did you test donations from gamma to gamma, beta to beta, gamma to beta, and beta to gamma?

As per the blog: "All Fleets in an Armada share a new Armada chat channel, and can contribute resources to the Fleet Projects of any other Fleet in the Armada." This should be possible. I will test this today in order to confirm.

If this is a deliberate change in policy, then @pwlaughingtrendy or someone else from PWE should confirm it, because it wasn't this way in the old forums.

I'll tag @pwlaughingtrendy so she can confirm as well... cause as far as I know, you need to be logged on in order to see the test server sub-forums.
    6tviTDx.png

Cheers!

Oh, I do not own a fleet.

And I am really not good in "testing" environments....I start nit picking and get derailed on all the things that are wrong and "can't see the forest for the trees". I avoid going on Tribble most of the time.

I just have tons of questions on the Armada...and Cryptic is so slow in releasing detailed news. :(

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited July 2015
    No worries @where2r1, If you have questions I can probably answer a few. :)
    6tviTDx.png

edited July 2015
    Some more information from today's blog post:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9436793
    While any Fleet can leave an Armada at any time, joining an Armada is a big commitment. Any Fleet that joins an Armada will not be able to participate in any of the bonuses or Armada contributions until a probationary period has passed. During this probationary period, any leader of the Fleet above it can kick them out of the Armada with no waiting period necessary. Or, if during the probationary period any one of your Fleet leaders decides the Armada is not the right environment for your Fleet, they can leave the Armada, once again with no waiting period.

The waiting period for leaving/kicking only applies for Fleets with multiple Fleet leaders. During this waiting period, the Fleet cannot participate in any of the bonuses or Armada contributions. The waiting period can be bypassed if all Fleet leaders agree to the leave or kick action. Alternatively, if any of the Fleet leaders disagrees with the kick or leave vote, they can undo the kick or leave any time before the waiting period is up. Hopefully this will help reduce instances of abuse in case a Fleet leader decides to take action without the consent of the other Fleet leaders.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the probationary period and the waiting period are different. The probationary period begins when a fleet first joins the armada, and the waiting period begins if, at any time after the probationary period, a leader in the parent fleet decides to kick the child fleet or a leader in the child fleet decides to leave the armada.
    qVpg1km.png
    edited July 2015
    Some more information from today's blog post:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9436793
    If I'm understanding this correctly, the probationary period and the waiting period are different. The probationary period begins when a fleet first joins the armada, and the waiting period begins if, at any time after the probationary period, a leader in the parent fleet decides to kick the child fleet or a leader in the child fleet decides to leave the armada.

My thoughts on this is that it will most likely be like the Fleet Leadership system in which a new Leader is provisionary for 14 days until he has full power over the fleet...

and the waiting period is when the fleet is being removed "leave"

so I guess its a 14 day period???
    6tviTDx.png

My thoughts on this is that it will most likely be like the Fleet Leadership system in which a new Leader is provisionary for 14 days until he has full power over the fleet...

and the waiting period is when the fleet is being removed "leave"

so I guess its a 14 day period???

OK, I asked about this in the thread for the blog post; probably should have asked there in the first place.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12588118/#Comment_12588118
    qVpg1km.png
    edited July 2015
    I just updated the OP to show some of the latest news for the Bonuses. (not all info has been released but the info was digged from the latest P1 Interview: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po229/ and a post from @borticuscryptic:
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I'm currently not seeing any bonuses for the Armada I'm in. Also, only one Beta fleet is properly showing its Fleet Level as 11. I know my fleet is also Level 11, and if the Armada's contributions screen is showing properly, the Alpha fleet's level is also 11.

Right now, the first Armada Bonus kicks in at Armada Level 50, then increases for every 50 levels after that.

These might not be the final values. Just what was included on the first pass.

I was also told that the Armada bonuses were causing a builder error in one of our builds and had to be turned off until they could be debugged (which already happened). I don't know if they are actually active on the current Tribble build or not.

I am also going to have to re-listen to the whole interview so I can get more bits from the information. i.e leaving/kicking/logos/uniforms etc...
    6tviTDx.png

Thanks for keep this updated, comrademoco :smile:

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Thanks for the testing and the info dump!
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Thanks for keep this updated, comrademoco :smile:
    Thanks for the testing and the info dump!

Tiz for the community.

I also updated the OP again under the SPOILER section to add official responces about the Armada Leveling and, everyone's favorite part of the new system, BONUSES... Since I know that was the mayor concern everyone had...

I also edited the Titled of the thread cause it has become more than quick notes and feedback it is now a "Centralized Information" thread...

tiger-1.giftiger-3.giftiger-4.gif

P.S. there is more info to be taken out from le P1 interview so I'll do that laters.
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

• kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Skill Point Bonus:

Does that mean MAX skillpoints for a T5 fleet as Alpha is 6%. I thought the podcast said max was a meager 0.5 to 2% max?
    edited July 2015
    Skill Point Bonus:

Does that mean MAX skillpoints for a T5 fleet as Alpha is 6%. I thought the podcast said max was a meager 0.5 to 2% max?

I would say that the stats @borticuscryptic mentioned are more accurate since he is the one working directly with the system. The ones from the podcast were only a rough idea, believe Geko said they weren't final tho. So for now, the stats from bort are more accurate. Until full release.

Edit: I am going to try and understand the bonus a little more and post a reply here with what I do find...
    6tviTDx.png

edited July 2015
    Skill Point Bonus:

Dilithium Discounts:

Ok so taking that info I will attempt to simplify this. To understand this you must understand that a fully maxed out fleet is level 56 as per current Tribble build and that the Armada system allows up to 13 fleets. So 53*13 = 728 levels. Each Armada tier is unlocked every 50 levels.

Armada levels consists of adding all the fleet levels up to a total of 728.

Armada Tier 1 - 50 - Base Discount
    Armada Tier 2 - 100
    Armada Tier 3 - 150
    Armada Tier 4 - 200
    Armada Tier 5 - 250
    Armada Tier 6 - 300
    Armada Tier 7 - 350
    Armada Tier 8 - 400
    Armada Tier 9 - 450
    Armada Tier 10 - 500
    Armada Tier 11 - 550
    Armada Tier 12 - 600
    Armada Tier 13 - 650
    Armada Tier 14 - 700
    Armada Tier 15 - 750???

That being said here is the results for the discounts/boosts with a level 728 Armada:

Skill points:
    A - 1% base + (1*13) = 1 + 13 = 14% XP Boost
    B - 0.5% base + (0.5*13) = 0.5 + 6.5 = 7% XP Boost
    G - 0.25% base + (0.25*13) = 0.25 + 3.25 = 3.5% XP Boost

Dilithium Discounts
    A - 0.25% base + (0.25*13) = 0.25 + 3.25 + 15%(dilithium mine discount) = 18.5% Discount
    B - 0.5% base + (0.5*13) = 0.5 + 6.5 + 15%(dilithium mine discount) = 22% Discount
    G - 1% base + (1*13) = 1 + 13 + 15%(dilithium mine discount) = 29% Discount

The skill boosts applies to leveling
    The dilithium discount applies to holdings and it does stack with the mine discounts.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have questions so I can get more info :)

P.s. should I add this to the op?

Edit: I corrected my math errors :wink:
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

edited July 2015
    This wasn't set in stone, yet, was it? Didn't Borticus just say it was not set in stone?

edited July 2015
    Indeed making my math outdated! Hehe XD
    6tviTDx.png

edited July 2015
    Skill Point Bonus:

Dilithium Discounts:

The way you have written this seems unnecessarily complicated. I would have written

Skill Point Bonus:
    * Alpha Fleet: 1% per tier
    * Beta Fleet: 0.5% per tier
    * Gamma Fleet: 0.25% per tier

Dilithium Discounts:
    * Alpha Fleet: 0.25% per tier
    * Beta Fleet: 0.5% per tier
    * Gamma Fleet: 1% per tier

I suppose it's fine to leave it as is for now, since Cryptic might change the constants later.
    qVpg1km.png
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    So I'm looking at Skill points since my fleet is already maxed out and most interested in Bonus%. Asper your calculations it seems the MAX you can get might be 14% with all 13 fleets max.

To be honest 14% is not much compared to 50% or 100% bonus Cryptic gives out on XP bonus events. How do they want to entice other fleets to do this? Would be great if they can increase the bonus to at least 2X the current amount. However, 14% still better than none :D
    So I'm looking at Skill points since my fleet is already maxed out and most interested in Bonus%. Asper your calculations it seems the MAX you can get might be 14% with all 13 fleets max.

To be honest 14% is not much compared to 50% or 100% bonus Cryptic gives out on XP bonus events. How do they want to entice other fleets to do this? Would be great if they can increase the bonus to at least 2X the current amount. However, 14% still better than none :D

The bonuses were changed, so I'll be doing some math later on and posting the results with the new changes... but again, they are still WIP...

should be better results tho... :)tiger-3.giftiger-4.giftiger-45.gif
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

As per the new stats, the bonuses unlock at level 20 and increase every 20 levels up to 500, here is the new math.

Skill points:
    A -1*25 = 25% XP Boost
    B - 0.5*25 = 12.5% XP Boost
    G - 0.25*25 = 6.25% XP Boost

Dilithium Discounts
    A - 0.25*25 = 6.25% Discount
    B - 0.5*25 = 12.5% Discount
    G - 1*25 = 25% Discount

Dilithium Discounts with T3 Mine
    A - 6.25% + 15% = 21.25% Discount
    B - 12.5% + 15% = 27.5% Discount
    G - 25% + 15% = 40% Discount

The skill boosts applies to leveling and stack with the Z-Store Skill Point boosters.
    The dilithium discount applies to holdings and stack with the mine discounts.
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Nice, comrademoco! Thanks for the number crunching! Actually, the 25%bonus doesn't sound like much until you see how much content one actually plays. In essence, where a player might earn 4 skill points, this allows them to earn 5... It's enough of a difference to make an impact yet not make the game go too quickly... It certainly lessens the grind!

This Armada deal sounds like a win win for everyone!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble