test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Armada System - Centralized Info - Going Live July 16th

Comments

• phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    New UPDATE:
    • Armada Bonus Tiers are now achieved every 35 Armada Levels.
    • The cap on Armada Bonus Tiers is now Tier 20 which is reached at Armada Level 700 capping at 20% bonus.
    ​​

Darn it.

Was hoping they would leave it at every 20 / 500.
    ::::hee, hee, hee::::

Where are you seeing the numbers??? On Tribble itself?

Tribble release notes for today
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

And, of course, I have to sign IN to read it in the test forums. LOL!

This forum is.....in all sorts of ways. :s

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hey comrademoco..... thanks for all the updates. :)

Looks like I will be able to see it all on Holodeck soon enough.
    I am outta here! Have fun in the game. :wink:

(The forums are too hard on these old eyes!)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    No Problem, and see you all in holodeck when S10.5 hits...

fly safely Captains... the war has only just begun...

Let the all-on-assault begin!
    6tviTDx.png

• typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Am i missing something, is that all the Armada System is? It seems like another empty item to put up that does nothing to the overall game in general. Big Deal we can merge fleets, just more grinding and more of the same.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    typhoncal wrote: »
    Am i missing something, is that all the Armada System is? It seems like another empty item to put up that does nothing to the overall game in general. Big Deal we can merge fleets, just more grinding and more of the same.

It would seem so. And yea dependent of each players attitude on it this can easily be more of a grind than actually less. “I always wanted to help maxing out my fleet, will I want to do the same for my Armada?”

In any case this seems to be the thing that was mentioned earlier to ease the XP grind in STO. Lol.

Well see it that way: If you set your expectations low enough this Armada system is what it is… Better than nothing. :|
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    I'm personally excited about the armada system.

It's completely optional (as are fleets) and all things constant, no one is worse off as a result. For those fleet leaders who want total autonomy running their fleet, they still have that, but with the option of getting additional assets contributed to their base. Large fleets rejoice in that now they can have up to 143 [=13*(3+2+2+2+2)] daily projects to contribute to, which actually does something rather than the almost-worthless 30 minute special projects that they had had to use for generating fleet credits in large groups before Season 10.5.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    25% if a fleet can keep the pyramid scheme going + 15% when you reach tier 3 of the new holding and can slot a project for a weekly boost + Double XP weekend = Almost as good as the 250% boost we got a while back which made XP progress seem normal.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    25% if a fleet can keep the pyramid scheme going + 15% when you reach tier 3 of the new holding and can slot a project for a weekly boost + Double XP weekend = Almost as good as the 250% boost we got a while back which made XP progress seem normal.

To me... some bonus is better than no bonus... So yeah I am looking forward to it... :)
    6tviTDx.png

• grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User

To me... some bonus is better than no bonus... So yeah I am looking forward to it... :)

Hey Comrademoco do you know if one can view the roster of the other Armada fleets? You know to see which member is in which fleet?

For invite purposes and such. Thanks for the info if you know. Take care.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User

Hey Comrademoco do you know if one can view the roster of the other Armada fleets? You know to see which member is in which fleet?

everyone in the armada can see everyones roster​​

everyone in the armada can see everyones roster​​

Thanks NinaStepford, that does make your idea for the alt. fleet leader invites a lot easier to maintain since we can see who's where and keep track of everyone.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

Sorry for the late response, yes unfortunately (if it can be said so) you can view the full roster of a fleet, like @tehbubbaloo mentioned.​​
    6tviTDx.png

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,272 Arc User
    Sorry for the late response, yes unfortunately (if it can be said so) you can view the full roster of a fleet, like @tehbubbaloo mentioned.

What a nightmare in the making...guess I will pass on this one for a while...till it gets properly updated normal-50.gif
    ​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    Sorry for the late response, yes unfortunately (if it can be said so) you can view the full roster of a fleet, like @tehbubbaloo mentioned.​​

You make it sound like that's a bad thing though. You don't want to be able to see roster of fellow armada fleets?
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

Sorry for the late response, yes unfortunately (if it can be said so) you can view the full roster of a fleet, like @tehbubbaloo mentioned.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing though. You don't want to be able to see roster of fellow armada fleets?

its not such a bad thing at all, but some fleets rather have their rosters hidden for security reasons? harassment? trolling? etc... but to me it doesn't actually matter, hehe...

sorry, wasn't clear :Dtiger-3.giftiger-3.gif
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

its not such a bad thing at all, but some fleets rather have their rosters hidden for security reasons? harassment? trolling? etc... but to me it doesn't actually matter, hehe...

​​

Well I think a good armada is going to require clear lines of communication and some transparency within fleets involved. Might not work so well for those that work under a veil of secrecy :/ just my thoughts
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User

​​

Well I think a good armada is going to require clear lines of communication and some transparency within fleets involved. Might not work so well for those that work under a veil of secrecy :/ just my thoughts

it will take a lot of coms between fleet leaders to make sure the alpha don't shaft the beta and gamma if you get me.

I fear lots of fleets will end up hard done by in a hurry to join one.

JtaDmwW.png
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

​​

it will take a lot of coms between fleet leaders to make sure the alpha don't shaft the beta and gamma if you get me.

You realize that the betas can shaft the alphas quite well too. Leaving with their Gammas would make XP bonus drop like a bad 80's Rock video...I can see the Rick Rolling even now.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

You realize that the betas can shaft the alphas quite well too. Leaving with their Gammas would make XP bonus drop like a bad 80's Rock video...I can see the Rick Rolling even now.

This I did not know​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Sounds to me like another zen and dil sink - just add more things to research. And TRIBBLE like kicking subfleets after they have spent time doing "mandatory" donations.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

And I'm not sure what you mean by 'mandatory' donations. If you're in a fleet that has a donation quota... why? That's the number two thing that would make me run in the opposite direction from a fleet invite.
    I'm with you on this. No fleet should have 'manadatory' donations. That's just asking for all kinds of problems.

Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    I'm looking for a nice big Alpha fleet for two medium sized fleets, I have no actual power but I can make introductions to those who do. ;)
    lsegn wrote: »
    I'm looking for a nice big Alpha fleet for two medium sized fleets, I have no actual power but I can make introductions to those who do. ;)

Hey @Isegn. This is Comrademoco, Chief of Staff of the 1st Fleet... currently, our Armada has 1 spot open for a Beta Fleet and it's 3 Gammas... Although I am still awaiting a response from @crusader2007 and Starfleet Liberty Force fleet and a 3rd Fleet... 1 Beta spot is good and the other 2 are already secured... :)

Interested let me know...

our Alpha Fleet is Level 44... and almost 500 Members...​​
    6tviTDx.png

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Armada drama. Boy am I glad our fleets already had an alliance that had been in place for a long time...I think if our current fleets were going to have problems with each other, it would've already happened.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.

Hey @Isegn. This is Comrademoco, Chief of Staff of the 1st Fleet... currently, our Armada has 1 spot open for a Beta Fleet and it's 3 Gammas... Although I am still awaiting a response from @crusader2007 and Starfleet Liberty Force fleet and a 3rd Fleet... 1 Beta spot is good and the other 2 are already secured... :)

our Alpha Fleet is Level 44... and almost 500 Members...​​

Sounds like fun! I'll tell my boss! I'm @kronos1996 with Dark Horizon fleet which is a medium sized multi-MMO fleet. My bosses name is Diana.

our Alpha Fleet is Level 44... and almost 500 Members...

Sounds like fun! I'll tell my boss! I'm @kronos1996 with Dark Horizon fleet which is a medium sized multi-MMO fleet. My bosses name is Diana.

Hey I know @kronos1996, helped me test le Armada stuff on Tribble a couple days ago tiger-3.giftiger-2.gif
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

Hey I know @kronos1996, helped me test le Armada stuff on Tribble a couple days ago tiger-3.giftiger-2.gif
    ​​

Yeah that was me! ;)

Yeah that was me! ;)

ah lol... hey I am currently in-game if you want to go ahead and start the Armada... pm me... @comrademoco.
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I have a very important question. Can KDF fleets armada with Federation fleet? Or is this faction-specific.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.