bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    Ill i can say is ...
    101_zpsarpu729m.gif
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Do you know what Google cannot find?

The brains that were supposed to be delivered to the Klingons after the Dominion War.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    Any PWE Vanilla forum thread. :o

I just tried doing a search for forum info on a thread title I know well. It could not find it. ...until I added the word vanilla to the search. Then it was right on top.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Search Engines to catch back up with a big change to page like we just had? Is it weeks, months, years?

Edit - spelling error. always a spelling error.

Good, that'll prevent necromancers.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Google finds everything, eventually.

Nope .
    Contrary to this urban myth the Internet does forget and neither Google or The Wayback Machine are there to actually save all of it .

The biggest collective example thus far has been the deletion of the early "free website" provider GeoCities , by Yahoo .
    On a historical scale, that really amounted to throwing out the first few books in a Lexicon series ... , and while attempts have been made to salvage some of that, the damage to the mid-late 90's Internets (and the creativity that went with it) is both mindboggling and sad .
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    zobovor wrote: »
    Google finds everything, eventually.

Nope .
    Contrary to this urban myth the Internet does forget and neither Google or The Wayback Machine are there to actually save all of it .

The biggest collective example thus far has been the deletion of the early "free website" provider GeoCities , by Yahoo .
    On a historical scale, that really amounted to throwing out the first few books in a Lexicon series ... , and while attempts have been made to salvage some of that, the damage to the mid-late 90's Internets (and the creativity that went with it) is both mindboggling and sad .

I'm not exactly sure how you got the idea that "finds everything" means "finds everything and never lets go, EVAR" but it's a curious reading of the phrase nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm not exactly sure how you got the idea that "finds everything" means "finds everything and never lets go, EVAR"

You really think that it's a jump in logic to read "Google finds everything, eventually" and think "finds everything" ?

Not that it matters .
    It's enough to know that Google has been manipulated & will be manipulated and that early Google were so ineffective (or just lazy) that they could not bother to archive very well their very own "Google Groups" (formerly Dejanews) .
    So yeah, Google is about as cutting edge as Apple is the latest tech ... , as in both get manipulated for ... reasons .
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    zobovor wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure how you got the idea that "finds everything" means "finds everything and never lets go, EVAR"

You really think that it's a jump in logic to read "Google finds everything, eventually" and think "finds everything" ?

No, as I said, I think it's a leap to assume
    "finds everything" means "finds everything and never lets go, EVAR".

Of course stuff gets dropped. Try Googling Web sites that aren't around anymore. You won't get them. If TRIBBLE wasn't dropped from Google, it'd be awash in dead links and we'd never be able to find what we want. When I said it'll find "everything, eventually" I was referring to the fact that if you have a site on the Web, Google will find it sooner or later. Those Web spiders are relentless.
  • Options
    When I said it'll find "everything, eventually" I was referring to the fact that if you have a site on the Web, Google will find it sooner or later. Those Web spiders are relentless.

Fair enough . :smile:

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Do you know what Google cannot find?

The brains that were supposed to be delivered to the Klingons after the Dominion War.
    Ah, the good old rumours of Klingon intelligence.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you find posts in a Google search from the old forums, when you click to go to it you are just brought to the STO Vanilla overall Forum Index.

Yea and that's the problem.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    If you find posts in a Google search from the old forums, when you click to go to it you are just brought to the STO Vanilla overall Forum Index.

You've been shown how to work around that challenge (not problem) already, until Google's spiders get around to this site and crawl it. Obviously, PWE can do little about this except wait like the rest of us. In the meantime:
    click me and read the post that comes up.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    That's Coko, on the left, and Drinko on the right.
    OH my god.
    I think Drinko is my spirit animal.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    But in full honesty, the SEO will be helped out moderately by redirects from the old forums' parent levels.

Over the course of searches and google digs, you'll probably see this appearing more and more on le google.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's Coko, on the left, and Drinko on the right.
    OH my god.
    I think Drinko is my spirit animal.

I think Harpo is mine.

hBrhc0I.jpg
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,777 Arc User
    But in full honesty, the SEO will be helped out moderately by redirects from the old forums' parent levels.

Over the course of searches and google digs, you'll probably see this appearing more and more on le google.
    Does that mean all of our STO links will soon come with berets, pointy mustaches and outrageous accents?
    pointy-beret-mustache.jpg
    Will it also, troll us with hope of finding the grail only to fling cows in our general direction?

But seriously, it's good to know that the big G will eventually catch up with PWEs game of hide n seek.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »

You've been shown how to work around that challenge (not problem) already, until Google's spiders get around to this site and crawl it. Obviously, PWE can do little about this except wait like the rest of us. In the meantime:
    click me and read the post that comes up.

uNI1pTq.gif

They're already on it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    your wrong, I did a search for "Star Trek Online General Discussion" and the very top link took me to this forum.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    Can it see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,777 Arc User
    quintaris wrote: »
    Can it see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

It's... ...not a life guard.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.