test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big thumbs up for NEW FERENGI CONTENT!

I've been saying since before LoR came out, they need to focus on Ferengi content, and all this time later, its finally happening :D

A Free T6 ferengi ship for everyone, with a ferengi bridge.

A cool new ferengi doff

Ferengi dance

Canon Ferengi voice acting.

Can the great dream be far off? The dream expressed by a word, a word on the lips of every person, all speaking together in one great voice?

FERENGINAR
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    More than that.

I noticed something when Nog was talking, went into the tailor and confirmed players can have it too:

Ferengi teeth are in the game now and available to Ferengi players.

I think a certain Grand Nagus in the STO community will be doing backflips of joy over access to Ferengi dentistry.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    A couple of notes:

You get alternate dialogue with voiceover as a Ferengi playing this mission. Nothing substantially different but Qwen gets a lot more sexist and you can haggle with the Orion.

Here's those teeth.

HgqsXuQ.jpg

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Oh, didn't expect Nog's teeth to be available for players.

(Then again I noticed yesterday Tom Paris' greying hair is also available to players now.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah new Ferengi content is really nice. Espcially the grand ferengi dance (looks like a hilarious mating ritual).

ferengi%20Dance_zpsaryningr.png

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Really enjoyed the comedy in Ferengi episodes of DS9. Glad to see the Ferengi in-game. *drops two slips of latinum as paid respects*
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Not a big thumbs up from me, but this was a acceptable mission and far better than Kahless the Idiot one that preceded it.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Aaron did a great job in the voice acting. the new teeth are wicked cool. The ship has many fun toys. The doff is handy (there's a lot of gpl doff missions I'll be able to run more often now). And the danse is silly.

All in all its a very nice addition of much ferenginess. I'm enjoying it.

*goes off to replay the new Romulus warehouse mission, light madran on fire and do the ferengi dance while madran begs for his life*
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    toiva wrote: »
    Oh, didn't expect Nog's teeth to be available for players.

(Then again I noticed yesterday Tom Paris' greying hair is also available to players now.)

We also have the Doctors "Lack of" Hairstyle :smiley:

Pretty sure Mirals' is in there too.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1118.gif

Body is 10 characters too short.

Dude, that's not cool.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »

Not for Klingons, neither is Worf's or Kahles's hair. (Worf's being his new hair not the TNG one).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    More Ferengi content means more Ferengi females.... Wonder how Quark Enterprises is doing with the Female business....

hgUL4oE.jpg
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Quick note: the Sharp Ferengi teeth have been around far longer than the new Episode. (also note: Ferengi females don't get that option, but do have a Narrow Eyes option. I feel both males and females should have access to these features but w/e)
    Anyways, yeah, it was quite the delightful surprise to see my Ferengi captain get access to exclusive dialogue options with the other Ferengi in the mission, heh. I hope this trend continues.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    *gives sunseahl a cookie*
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    *gives sunseahl a cookie*

*takes cookie with a bow* Thank you. ^-^
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • TorgTorg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have two Ferengi captains, and in addition to the extra dialog option the mission even had a small part that acknowledged that my captain was a female Ferengi too :)
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »

Not that I see.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

Not that I see.

That's a curious misquotation that happened in your post. It would appear I mentioned Miral Paris while it was primar13 that did while quoting me on Tom Paris.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    My question is: since the Ferengi Dance emote is a per character unlock, will it still be around to unlock after this initial Featured Episode run? I don't want to see it disappear like the Kobali uniform did. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    I think the Kobali uniform is still available. Just... locked behind a mission that you need to be lv 60 to play. Just like the Yesterday's Enterprise costume parts are still available via Temporal Ambassador even after that Anniversary event is long over.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator

Can the great dream be far off? The dream expressed by a word, a word on the lips of every person, all speaking together in one great voice?

FERENGINAR

Um... hate to break it to you... but I know of at least one Trill in game who isn't thinking or saying that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jocelynbruneljocelynbrunel Member Posts: 19
    Anyone has a GIF I can borrow?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I think the Kobali uniform is still available. Just... locked behind a mission that you need to be lv 60 to play. Just like the Yesterday's Enterprise costume parts are still available via Temporal Ambassador even after that Anniversary event is long over.

Nope, not available even at 60. Would have been nice if they had said that in the blog rather than a Dev post in the middle of a rather large thread. My characters that didn't take it could have and picked up a Space Set item at a later time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns