What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [June 11th, 2015]

Comments

• ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    referring to the Spock board

Is the following included but someone forgot to add to patch notes in time?[/COLOR]
    just a rumor by whiny people, who don't want to buy this year's board or so.. not an actual "bug", "exploit" or whatever term they use
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ynrocjd wrote: »
    just a rumor by whiny people, not an actual "bug", "exploit" or whatever term they use

No, not a rumor. It is a bug and, now that you know that, using it in a race is technically an exploit until that bug gets fixed.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    wow, my apologies.. must have missed that it actually comes from the devs.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    robeasom wrote: »
    I hope they don't remove the UI from people who are still working of there DR as I am also working on mine if so and we can't get the rewards the character was pointless to make and will be deleted as long with my other alts and possibly my main as it will be another lie of cryptics and I have had enough of them now guess we will wait and see

To reiterate what has already been said. The button will be removed, but as all Delta recruits are keeping their tesseract device it hardly matters as we have always been able to open the reward interface from there. (Most of us have just been to lazy to do that because of that very convenient button :P)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Added a bonus Summer Event donation task to give 40 marks for 40 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers.

The bonus Summer Event donation task requires the Ferengi Nandi project to be completed on one character on an account.

Sorry, but I need some clarificaion on this.
    The donation task, that gives us extra Prize Vouchers will only be available AFTER we already got the Nandi? But the Nandi is the only thing these Vouchers can be used for and the event ships are account unlocks now.

So, what is this bonus good for?:confused:
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Thanks 4 that .

... it's been missing lately ...
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All Feather Monkey and Tropical Bird Duty Officer Assignments have had their durations reduced from 24 hours to 20 hours.

Does this already include the winter Eppohs and regular Eppohs as well ?

... if not ...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cryptic, love all the fixes! This looks like a great update, thank you!!!

Extra-special THANKS about the Monkey/Bird Assignments dropping to 24hrs. Monkeybone13 and Aelfwin1 mentioned it, and I'll ask, too:
    Please apply the same changes to the Winter (and Regular Romulus) Epohh assignments as well.

Added a bonus Summer Event donation task to give 40 marks for 40 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers.

The bonus Summer Event donation task requires the Ferengi Nandi project to be completed on one character on an account.
    Sorry, but I need some clarificaion on this.
    The donation task, that gives us extra Prize Vouchers will only be available AFTER we already got the Nandi? But the Nandi is the only thing these Vouchers can be used for and the event ships are account unlocks now.

So, what is this bonus good for?:confused:
    I'll add to what Leadme2kirk said... This addition is really so much win, and let me tell you why:

There are what, ~35 days in the event, right? But it only takes 25 dailies to get the Nandi. Since we can no longer save the Vouchers for next year (as we used to for the Pearls), it becomes pointless to continue playing after 25 days. This new little project now gives you a reason to keep playing each day of the event. It may not seem like many marks, but I think it's more than enough for the <5mins it takes to complete the daily.

*AND* since the Nandi is now an account-wide unlock, there was literally no reason for your alts to run the daily at all. Now there is. You can start running the daily on your alts now... saving your Vouchers until you get the Nandi on one toon, then turn in all the Vouchers on your alts, allowing them to get a windfall of marks.

This is fantastic!

(And yes, I can hear the cynics complaining now that it's just a way to "beef-up the metrics" by getting people to keep playing beyond 25 days/play on their alts... And so what if it is? A) It's OPTIONAL. B) You're getting 40 marks (which can be turned in for Dil Ore, even), it really is a super-worthy award for the micro-investment of time/effort required.)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • captionbnplcaptionbnpl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hii, its Fleet Admiral Solstice here! For those of you who are living in areas where the time is set to EST, the start time of the maintenance will commence at 10:00 am, and the end time will be at 12:30 pm, based off of those 2.5 hours. Thought it may be worth mentioning as Trendy did not post a link to identify what time the maintenance would be in your timezone.
  • hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hmmm still nothing about the graphic problem [ no weapons transwarp visuals or cannon weapon's fire visuals ] :mad:
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I really liked this addition:

*Added a bonus Summer Event donation task to give 40 marks for 40 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers.

After I got the Ferengi Nadi (with thanks to Lobi crystals), there wasn't much point getting more vouchers with the 20 hour race before this.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maintenance is on, quite a few fixes, updates and additions according to patch notes. Thanks for fixing the logo thing. :)

"Resolved an issue where ships with fleet logos were not properly being able to be customized."

Alot of nice nice Summer Event updates and fixes. One thing you haven't gotten to yet though is the one about game crashing at the end of the race. I've seen it, it's legit and happens for some at race end as soon they click the flag.
  • pec3pec3 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What about problems that I have reported many times? :mad:

Defera Invasion Zone:
    Bugged Hard missions Power Plant and the City.
    City is bugged for years.

Ground:
    We can not see our ground weapons and when they shoot.

Space:
    Same thing as ground we can not see our weapons fire.

Dyson Battlezone:
    When you get mission "Aquire Battlezone Coomand Credits" this "credits" are invisible. There are more people that can not see them.

Here is the link to one of my bug reports about invisible items. and I am not only one that posted topics like this on forum.

I have posted more topics and nothing of that is fixed.
    When do you plan to fix stuff like that? :mad:
    edited June 2015
    hmmm still nothing about the graphic problem [ no weapons transwarp visuals or cannon weapon's fire visuals ] :mad:

I have made topics about that. Even I am asking that same question, and We are not only one. :mad:
    Cryptic makes me angry. :mad: :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All Feather Monkey and Tropical Bird Duty Officer Assignments have had their durations reduced from 24 hours to 20 hours.

Does this include doff missions already in progress?
  • bengusbengus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 2.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9358943

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Outfits? Really? Get your priorities straight, How about fixing the bugs first? Maybe actually do some lag reduction work? Something to actually make the game enjoyable without wanting to straight up Hulk Smash Rage Quit it :mad::mad::mad::mad::
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Does this already include the winter Eppohs and regular Eppohs as well ?... if not ...

Thanks for the fixes Cryptic! I personally don't have the fps issue, but hope it gets fixed soon.

My bugaboo is this: Why are idiots still getting away with throwing up shields during the powerboard race? I've had creeps do this a dozen times in the past week. I thought that was patched out last year. It's an annoying and childish exploit, and the system should disqualify immediately anyone who activates one. Either that, or enable phaser pulsewaves so I can take the idiots out...
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the fixes Cryptic! I personally don't have the fps issue, but hope it gets fixed soon.

My bugaboo is this: Why are idiots still getting away with throwing up shields during the powerboard race? I've had creeps do this a dozen times in the past week. I thought that was patched out last year. It's an annoying and childish exploit, and the system should disqualify immediately anyone who activates one. Either that, or enable phaser pulsewaves so I can take the idiots out...

I'd rather see them get booted from the server for an hour. Would serve them right.
    bengus2 wrote: »
    Outfits? Really? Get your priorities straight, How about fixing the bugs first? Maybe actually do some lag reduction work? Something to actually make the game enjoyable without wanting to straight up Hulk Smash Rage Quit it :mad::mad::mad::mad::

It's not a matter of priority. Graphical stuff with outfits is a relatively easy fix and are done by a completely different team than those who would handle server/lag/bug issues. You're getting angry at the wrong team of people.

Certain bugs are going to be harder to iron out than others. That takes time to pin point what specifically causes said bugs. Sadly, it's true, some bug fixes fall by the wayside and get ignored over time.

Yes, it's frustrating, I understand that, but a little patience pays off. It's not that they're not aware of many of these issues, it just takes time to figure out how to fix them.

I, for one, appreciate the work they've done to address our concerns and hope they continue to improve.
    edited June 2015
    pec3 wrote: »
    I have made topics about that. Even I am asking that same question, and We are not only one. :mad:
    Cryptic makes me angry. :mad: :mad:

Easy... this is not the place or time to flex yer pecs.. no pun intended :P

As with all things, they'll get to it when they can. That list of fixes in the patch notes doesn't write itself you know, and it doesn't get written until it's done and that takes time. For sure you've got an emergency if you're Brendan Fraser in front of a 10,000 year old Mummy. For everyone else, patience is a virtue. Remember you're smarter than the game... well, some of us are at least. lol
  • blackfang31blackfang31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    whenn will the game go online in eu time zone it is 18.00 pm here just wondering
    edited June 2015
    whenn will the game go online in eu time zone it is 18.00 pm here just wondering

In about an hour or less unless there's delay.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    whenn Will The Game Go Online In Eu Time Zone It Is 18.00 Pm Here Just Wondering

9:30 Pst = 16:30 Utc = 18:30 Cest
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2015

it's started at 16.00PM,and will end at 18.30PM, If everything go as planed
  • denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    The game developers are in California. UTC -7 time zone (due to daylight savings; in winter, UTC -8).

Just a hint: if you're running Windows, it has a capability in the time and date settings for "additional clocks". You could set one to the California timezone, and then you can see just by hovering your mouse on the clock display on your desktop.

server status is green :D
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maintenance is done! Also new ships! Yay! ALL THE THINGS
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015

They look epic, Morrigan! :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited June 2015

Looks cool, though, I wish the chimera didn't have that big beer gut. :P
    edited June 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Easy... this is not the place or time to flex yer pecs.. no pun intended :P

As with all things, they'll get to it when they can. That list of fixes in the patch notes doesn't write itself you know, and it doesn't get written until it's done and that takes time. For sure you've got an emergency if you're Brendan Fraser in front of a 10,000 year old Mummy. For everyone else, patience is a virtue. Remember you're smarter than the game... well, some of us are at least. lol

It is time to put my anger on Cryptic for not fixing problems in the game that makes more players want to leave the game. I was patiente for so long and it is over.
    They have time to make changes and do they do it?
    No. They have time to fix all the problems in the game but they do not fix them. They can fix them but they do not want to fix them. People are reporting bug problems with a reason and still problems are not fixed.
    And that is making me angry and I want to leave this game.
    edited June 2015
    Problems that I have and many others are not fixed. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's probably a choice of rep or fleet marks of your choice for any extra vouchers we have left over.

hmm, you know that actually makes sense. For some strange reason I thought it was the other way around. Yeahh.... not my brightest moment.:P

Thanks
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
This discussion has been closed.