test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [June 11th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 2.5 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9358943

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can we see some more clarification regarding:
    Removed the Delta Recruit UI which was still appearing for Delta Recruit captains.

I'm still working on leveling my Delta Recruit, so does this mean that button where I can see the progress is going away?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    When's that in your time zone?
    [*]All Feather Monkey and Tropical Bird Duty Officer Assignments have had their durations reduced from 24 hours to 20 hours.

Woot! Been asking for this since the first year. :D
    [*]Female Board Shorts no longer appear in Off Duty.

Have to say, I'm not sure why board shorts aren't allowed in Off Duty, when the shirts are... I mean we can already wear beach comber bottoms in Off Duty slots.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm still working on leveling my Delta Recruit, so does this mean that button where I can see the progress is going away?

I guess you will see it tomorrow. :D
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hula Shirts can now be used in Off Duty.

Damn it, I had something for this...
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015

Most likely, though it does the exact same thing as the tesseract device you got during the tutorial. Just double click that in your inventory and it opens that window.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    not that I am upset about fixes (nice job BTW) but, I would like to know if there is any information on the very low frame rate on some ground maps issue that some of us are having
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I'm guessing this is the server wide reward display that serves no purpose since the event ended.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know you're going to get this post with every release note.

"Still no fix for X? WTF cryptic, you've let down the entire history of western civilization in your inability to immediately solve a glitch which I've invested a suspicious amount of my ego into!"

But....still no fix for the apocalyptic framerate glitch(es) quite a few people are having on Risa (if you're unaware of this check the support forum.)

What the **** cryptic, you've not only let down the entire history of western civilization but also the ~3.9 billion year history of organic life (and if I have to explain that's hyperbole I'm going to be very disappointed with y'all) in your inability to solve just one aspect of a problem brought to your attention well in advance of the event via multiple support channels.
    (and definitely by more people than just myself. Me being the big shouty man in this situation is no excuse for a comprehensive QA process flop. Not all that passes through cryptic's QA does flop, it must be said, but that doesn't excuse the failure here.)

It needed fixing two weeks ago (at the very, very latest). Now...well just get the job done and we'll take it from there.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice patch notes!

Quick question: Will we have the option for chest hair when bare chested, or only when wearing the Aloha Shirts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2015
    Most likely, though it does the exact same thing as the tesseract device you got during the tutorial. Just double click that in your inventory and it opens that window.

Thank you, forgot about that so hopefully that remains functional after the patch.
    edited June 2015
    Is the following fix regarding the direct 3D issue that has been reported since S10 launched? I have not yet personally seen an official recognition of that issue.
    Resolved an issue which was causing a few players to crash upon logging in.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938221
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, hoping that fix takes care of the direct x 3d deal...

Also excited for the 24 to 20 hour Coleman redux for the creature raising!!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And now I'm wondering what changes in the Risa update completely destroyed the tailor and costumes...
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It's the 'Recruit Rewards' button under the mini map they're talking about for Delta Recruits. If it is removed for recruits that haven't earned their rewards yet you should still be able to double click your tasseract device in your inventory to access the rewards window, as you can already do that now.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    * All Feather Monkey and Tropical Bird Duty Officer Assignments have had their durations reduced from 24 hours to 20 hours.

THANK YOU!
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So no more lag fixing only summer event/clothing stuff? :(
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So no more lag fixing only summer event/clothing stuff? :(

You do realize that fixing what is possibly causing lag takes a LOT of time vs some (not simple but simple enough) fixes that can be done quickly?

Yes, lag is a priority but if they only focused on it then a lot (and I do mean a lot) of other things would not get done.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I express my thanks for making the doff assignments for raising tropical birds and feather monkeys take 20 hours instead of 24. Any chance the same will be done for winter epohhs next winter event? ;)
  • solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Big thanks!

Ship customizing and and some costume stuff were big things for me. Looking forward to the fixes.

I pity those with low frame rate or whatever, but I've never see it or experienced it so I'd just say don't hate on Cryptic. It might not be an easy fix.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    I guess you will see it tomorrow. :D
    I hope they don't remove the UI from people who are still working of there DR as I am also working on mine if so and we can't get the rewards the character was pointless to make and will be deleted as long with my other alts and possibly my main as it will be another lie of cryptics and I have had enough of them now guess we will wait and see
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Excited to see that the Veteran Destroyers have been moved so they are claimable at level 40! Does that mean a T6 veteran ship is actually on its way?
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    askray wrote: »
    You do realize that fixing what is possibly causing lag takes a LOT of time vs some (not simple but simple enough) fixes that can be done quickly?

Yes, lag is a priority but if they only focused on it then a lot (and I do mean a lot) of other things would not get done.

You do realize that the lag issue is preventing many players from even participating in the event at all? You ever tried a board race with 5fps? Go ahead I want to see you do that and still have fun.

The lag issue should be number one right now, not some stupid costumes or text edits. But instead the issue does get completely ignored by the developers. Not once has any Dev even acknowledged the existence of the issue... how about we start there huh?!
  • dawndaydawnday Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kajofolf wrote: »
    You do realize that the lag issue is preventing many players from even participating in the event at all? You ever tried a board race with 5fps? Go ahead I want to see you do that and still have fun.

The lag issue should be number one right now, not some stupid costumes or text edits. But instead the issue does get completely ignored by the developers. Not once has any Dev even acknowledged the existence of the issue... how about we start there huh?!

There already is a fix for the low frame rate and I'm using it, its called turn your graphics settings down. OK its not a pretty but at least it gets the job done.

Btw I only have to turn mine down one notch so it is most likely caused by one setting in the high options.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All Feather Monkey and Tropical Bird Duty Officer Assignments have had their durations reduced from 24 hours to 20 hours.

Fantastic! :D
  • ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    T.b.h. I don't have any frame drops, still I can imagine how annoying it is. And I'm sure the devs are aware of and working on it..

But (regardless of what kind of software) please remind, it's not done just by knowing the bug.. Some bugs are easy to find but hard to correct. They have to inspect tons of code, especially when it's a bug that does not appear to everyone but only a group of users.

So keep calm and raise the roooof
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Added a bonus Summer Event donation task to give 40 marks for 40 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers.

The bonus Summer Event donation task requires the Ferengi Nandi project to be completed on one character on an account.
    This project has a 20 hour cooldown.
    No small amount of dilithium with the marks? Awww...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Resolved an issue which was causing a few players to crash upon logging in.

This is great, considering I haven't been able to play for a week now due to this. Problem is, I was unable to earn the specialization point for the second week of the newest featured episode.
  • ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    This is great, considering I haven't been able to play for a week now due to this. Problem is, I was unable to earn the specialization point for the second week of the newest featured episode.

If you're reffering to the "Fatal Error: Direct3D" thing, there has been a workaround for a while. Start in safe mode, don't maximize the window until the characters screen appears, switch to DirectX9 mode in display settings, enjoy
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2015
    I noticed....
    wrote:
    Resolved a text inconsistency for the Speed & Turn Rate on the LLAP Powerboard.

referring to the Spock board

Is the following included but someone forgot to add to patch notes in time?

I've seen multiple threads asking about the Targ H.O.G Mini-Powerboard's speed compared to Superior Powerboards. The Targ H.O.G.'s stats are currently bugged.

The base speed should be (and will be once the fix goes to you all) 60 - the same as a Superior Powerboard.
    The turn rate will be 150, which is higher than a Superior Powerboard. While it isn't shown, the H.O.G's Inertia (ability to start/stop) is lower than a Superior Powerboard.

So, Mini-Powerboard = higher turn rate, lower start/stop capability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yea! Thank you!

"Letheans now have the correct hands when wearing swimsuits."

He can wear the "Full wet suit", and fit in a bit....
    And what ARE bare Lethean FEET supposed to look like? Anyways?

And, thank you, so much for:

"Added a bonus Summer Event donation task to give 40 marks for 40 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers"
    "All Feather Monkey and Tropical Bird Duty Officer Assignments have had their durations reduced from 24 hours to 20 hours."
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.