test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TARg nerf..?

torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
rumors are abound that its getting a stealth nerf today...

honestly why? its not that hard too get the favors together to get it#

so why are peeps gripping..:eek:

also if they increased it from 1 30 second run to maybe 3-4 laps, easier for people to mess up so other can possible catch up..

defo need a redo.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2015

also if they increased it from 1 30 second run to maybe 3-4 laps, easier for people to mess up so other can possible catch up..

defo need a redo.

IMO, it would be because there shouldn't be only 1 supreme board, all 1500 favor boards should be equal and, only desirable for their appearances.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It should be changed because it's a bug. I don't know why they'd stealth that change, though, since one of the team already posted about it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let rumors be rumors. We'll see if something happend once the holodeck goes live again, no point in worrying about it now.

Yeah, it really isn't. Building castles (even outside the event) and the Horga'hn hunt give loads of favors. Srsly even with the cheapest flaoter it's possible run it with 3 toons. That's 3x 75 for completion and all the favors and eggs you get from collecting.....

Cause people want everything, now and for free. Or else they'll start crying again.:cool:

Edit:
    Since the the higher speed is a dev confirmed issue why isn't it in the patch notes if it gets changed. Srsly that's the real problem here...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Edit:
    Since the the higher speed is a dev confirmed issue why isn't it in the patch notes if it gets changed. Srsly that's the real problem here...

because if it was added it would be like confirming that it was an accidental exploit that got added and if you had an embarassing little secret get out, you sure as hell want it buried quietly where no one would find out rather than shaming yourself further. but at least now the board is not a lot more different from the standard superiors, so least i dont have to save up another 500 for smaller board.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    wonder if the spock board was the same as the targ in spec..

how many we would have seen..?
  • Options
    ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Release Notes don't say anything about nerfing the PitBull errr Targ H.O.G.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Edit:

The other option is that that change somehow didn't make it into this patch. If that's so, the people who have Targ boards likely get another week of a board with stats that don't match the text description, but do match the numbers in the description. That board going live the way that it did was just a mess, somebody not double-checking which stat was supposed to be improved when the text description and the blog clearly stated which one it should have been.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Numerous. One could be forgiven for assuming that the primary reason for the popularity of the Targ board is/was that it is/was marginally faster than ordinary sized boards.

I have 3 toons on risa 2 do the board runs.. 1 has the targ (kdf toon) the other the spock board (ferengi)..

I can win as many races on the spock board as the targ..

the race is fundamentally flawed.. now here is an idea.

1 NAS car... round and a round so 3-4 laps

2 F1... fast cars but stop/start so a slarm course.

a 1-5 award 1st=200 favors reduced 20% per rank.

this is dependent on cryptic getting the lag sorted..
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They are clear that they are fixing it. Now as to 'exploit' the tool tip always said '65' for Speed Rating. How is that an exploit when it tells you it is faster. Mistake, yes, but no sneaky extra speed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bait-and-switch
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    They are clear that they are fixing it. Now as to 'exploit' the tool tip always said '65' for Speed Rating. How is that an exploit when it tells you it is faster. Mistake, yes, but no sneaky extra speed.

It's not an exploit if you don't know that that number was wrong. Even if you do know that it's wrong, this would rank very low on the continuum of exploits, possibly above using restricted costume options that you already have access to on a costume slot that shouldn't allow them to be used, but below something that allows you make infinite EC or dilithium with little to no time or effort involved.
    bait-and-switch

Funny that nobody said this about the higher turn rate that isn't present, but is described in the blog and the text description.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    it was not an exploit.. 65 speed

don't wishy wash this..! they released the spock board which should have had a 66/64 speed.

with the lag issues peeps are gripping.

look at it this way.

they have obsoleted the old boards, as there is no skill required.. unless its a 3-4 lap race.

why not just upgrade the 'Spock board' too 65..

I don't win all game on my targ, its the same ratio with the spock board..

its the finishing that pees everyone off.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it was not an exploit.. 65 speed

don't wishy wash this..! they released the spock board which should have had a 66/64 speed.

with the lag issues peeps are gripping.

look at it this way.

they have obsoleted the old boards, as there is no skill required.. unless its a 3-4 lap race.

why not just upgrade the 'Spock board' too 65..

I don't win all game on my targ, its the same ratio with the spock board..

its the finishing that pees everyone off.

If it doesn't matter, why do you seem so bothered about the fact that they are choosing to fix the Targ's unintentional speed increase instead?

I sure as hell do say it matters, I see Targ's shooting away from my superior board in every race, which is very annoying when you know that the board wasn't supposed to have that extra bit of speed.

That said, I do say that even as it is now a Targ board doesn't guarantee wins, more often then not I and my lovely superior board do win even from Targs who apparently can't handle their mini board.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Targ board should get a nerf, pure and simple.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I sure as hell do say it matters, I see Targ's shooting away from my superior board in every race, which is very annoying when you know that the board wasn't supposed to have that extra bit of speed.

its because you don't do the 2 second count.. with this board I steam forward.. thing is I need to hit certain points to hit the boosts.

screenshot_2015-06-11-11-59-43_zpss2gnelnz.jpg

with the targ

screenshot_2015-06-11-12-02-29_zpsiby2njjd.jpg

I handy cap myself and leave last.

2 seconds after everyone has banged the boards, I end up flying pass them.

but I still mess up on the dogleg.

:)
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    anodynes wrote: »

Funny that nobody said this about the higher turn rate that isn't present, but is described in the blog and the text description.

Because nobody cared as it isn't needed at all.:D

The track consists mostly of long straight shots which are pretty hard to actually TRIBBLE up. Then add the fact that faster boards gain a higher speedboost from stuff, since the boost is percentage based (very birght idea :rolleyes:) and you'll see why people only cared about it's speed.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Numerous. One could be forgiven for assuming that the primary reason for the popularity of the Targ board is/was that it is/was marginally faster than ordinary sized boards.

Not for me :P :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sorry for those who would be upset by this, but honestly I hope they do slow it or make it in-line with all the 1500 favor boards. I have the TARG and feel forced to use it right now. But I'd much rather go back to my UFP and KDF boards because I prefer their looks and handling. Plus from a RP standpoint the TARG really dosen't fit my fed's style. :rolleyes:
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well, THAT I can understand! :D

Hehe *grunts* :D
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    I'm sorry for those who would be upset by this, but honestly I hope they do slow it or make it in-line with all the 1500 favor boards. I have the TARG and feel forced to use it right now. But I'd much rather go back to my UFP and KDF boards because I prefer their looks and handling. Plus from a RP standpoint the TARG really dosen't fit my fed's style. :rolleyes:

I absolutely agree. I was puzzled why this board was faster than others in the first place. And why it actually handles worse then the rental board as welll. Equal speed, less inertia but better turn would be something appropriate. But considering that there's only one mini-board available at all my guess is that Risa updates were more of an afterthought this year.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    the start is very easy to get instant leaps off the line everytime, you just need to time it right. how you can do it is upto you.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You should ... RELEASE THE TARG !!! -- not NERF THE TARG ... :(

Also , this .
    (yeah , I went there !)

... no Targs were nerfed during the making of this post ... ;)
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I personally do not think it should be nerfed. it is a new product a year down the line.... it is a bit like the owners of ivy bridge processors calling on intel to slow down haswell cores because it is not fair their processor is slower or apple removing functionality from the iphone 6 because iphone 5 users complain..... simple do 5 extra dance offs..... this game is grind or pay, not shout till it is nerfed.... devs do enough nerfing on their own......
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    krilldarn wrote: »
    I personally do not think it should be nerfed. it is a new product a year down the line.... it is a bit like the owners of ivy bridge processors calling on intel to slow down haswell cores because it is not fair their processor is slower or apple removing functionality from the iphone 6 because iphone 5 users complain..... simple do 5 extra dance offs..... this game is grind or pay, not shout till it is nerfed.... devs do enough nerfing on their own......

the problem with that logic is that if they decide to increase the speed of these boards, then it wont stop there, eventually it would get out of control. set it at something sensible that players can get without it being too much of a bore or a bother and then let them have fun with it. the metrics are great for that time spent and the players get to take their time with it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

It's the same class as the faction boards - superior. There shouldn't be a difference in speed. If it's "newer" or not is irrelevant (arguing "lore" in fun-activities for the summer event which takes place the third or fourth time in the same year again is a bit wonky anways ;)). If it would be superior to all other superiors on purpose it would also decrease the variety of boards you see, effectively reducing evryone to the same board. That would also be visually boring :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I don't buy Apple products for the exact same reason.

And it's already established this is a bug.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Except there isn't a Fed or Rom or neutral equivalent. Races will get pretty boring with everyone using the exact same model. I mean can you imagine a NASCAR race (And I have to because I don't actually watch NASCAR if I can help it, but my retired dad does :rolleyes:) with 50 identical cars? Sure we don't have to worry about getting the drivers confused as such a thing is irrelivant for powerboard racing but it is still very boring. Plus why should two boards with an equal price have an unequal speed. That is like trying to sell a BMW and a Toyota for the same price and thinking anyone would buy the Toyota.

EDIT: Wow, ninja'd by four people... that has to be a record. :P I guess that answers the question of what the majority think of krilldarn's idea though. As well as the question do I type too slow. :D
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I still prefer my old "prince woodie" basic board. And I expect to earn 40,000 favors this year roughly.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24213621&postcount=210

^^ as has been mentioned, is just a bug and is rightly getting fixed. I can see why the whining though, players who bought it to race faster and win races will find their advantage removed after maintenance according to CrypticRock's post. About the exploit part... in gamespeak; being it's a bug, then players who have been using said bug to win races by using miniboards (which I have seen many racers bragging about) have been using an exploit; albeit though a mild one. Funny though, I haven't seen anyone say yet the miniboard was OP, please nerf. ok there, said it. :P
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I bought that UGLY TARg only coz 65 speed...

And what is this - "the H.O.G's Inertia (ability to start/stop) is lower than a Superior Powerboard"???

LOWER ability to START... Srsly??? :mad:

I DEMAND a refund!!!
    Make available to trade this useless board to any other Superior Powerboard!!!!