test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashed hard; error handler taking 2 hours to complete

Sorry, I didn't get the ticket number.

What happened: I entered DS9 system and chose to beam down to the station when the game crashed hard on me. I put in what I was doing in the crash report and clicked submit.

Well the error handler seems to be doing a full dump and is showing around 2 hours for it to complete (the time remaining went up to 2 hours and at the time of writing it's showing it will take over an hour and a half still).

Screenshot: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/Cryptic%20error%20handler_zpswe1svc7x.jpg~original

Since season 10 launched the game crashes once in a while, but over the past couple weeks or so it crashes at least once a day.

The crashes seem random. Sometimes it crashes right when I choose to beam to the DS9 ground map. Other times it's crashed was during an episode. For example: in 'Boldly they rode' the game crashed right after beaming to my ship for the final space battle, about a week or so ago. It crashed once when doing a Borg episode, again after beaming to my ship for a space battle (don't recall which episode).

After the game crashes I let it force verify the files and can continue with whatever I was doing, usually without anymore problems the rest of the day, with maybe only getting disconnected once or twice from the game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Crashed again yesterday sometime after the error handler finished and I got back into the game. Forgot what I was doing that time when it happened. Edit: I remember now. I was at the tailor customizing my outfits. I had minimized the game several times so i could look at color guides. After bringing the game back up and clicking a color slot for an outfit piece is when it had crashed.

Crashed again just now. I was in sector space and chose to enter my fleet dilithium mine holding (system space). Ticket #40575898

It seems to happen after I've been logged in for a while and have switched between characters to get doff assignments started, though that is not always the case. :(

So far it seems to crash right after choosing to change maps such as entering/exiting a system, beaming to a social zone ground map. It doesn't even go to the loading screen; just flat out crashes to desktop immediately after clicking the button. And other times shortly after I actually transfer maps, such as beaming to my ship to do the final space battle in an episode, it crashes around 15 seconds or so after I load into the map and start attacking ships.
    edited May 2015
    This is getting old.

Game seemed fine for quite some time.

I was doing the episode 'Surface Tension'. I was fighting the Undine at the Qo'nos system. I defeated the first group and started attacking the next when suddenly the game crashed to desktop. At the time of writing, the Cryptic Error report is showing an hour and a half to complete.

Ticket #40823922
    edited May 2015
    Sorry. Forgot to get the ticket number but I did post what I was doing and submitted the error report.

I was in the middle of a deep space encounter: the true way (the one next to the fleet dilithium mine system in sector space). There were a few other players also in the encounter. I used fire at will and was shooting in all directions at several ships when suddenly the game crashed to desktop. *sigh* Edit: On the bright side the error handler submitted right away instead of taking an hour and a half to do whatever the hell it does, as I reported in the first post with a screenshot.
    edited May 2015
    Ticket #39897038

I went to my KDF fleet dilithium mine, started the daily doff assignments, then clicked the contact traffic control button and chose to return to sector. My character started to beam out for a split second then CRASH! game was toast. First time I can recall the game crashed on me more than once in a single day. :mad:
    edited May 2015
    Ticket #41619921

I was doing Borg Disconnected (normal difficulty) in the PVE queue. It was almost over. We were fighting the dreadnaughts at the end when suddenly the game completely locked up. It took a couple minutes for the game to shut down and give me the error report box. Edit: Of course this means I won't be getting my Omega Marks I need for reputation gear. :mad:

Edit: Weird. I force verified the game files and logged back on on that character. I spawned in the STF with the dreadnaughts still present. I thought I might have been lucky to get back in before the other players finished it but that wasn't the case. A few seconds later I was booted from the STF and back on Qo'nos. What's also weird is that the STF wasn't on cooldown nor did I get a leaver penalty for it.
  • baiter366baiter366 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ticket #41619921

I was doing Borg Disconnected (normal difficulty) in the PVE queue. It was almost over. We were fighting the dreadnaughts at the end when suddenly the game completely locked up. It took a couple minutes for the game to shut down and give me the error report box. Edit: Of course this means I won't be getting my Omega Marks I need for reputation gear. :mad:

Edit: Weird. I force verified the game files and logged back on on that character. I spawned in the STF with the dreadnaughts still present. I thought I might have been lucky to get back in before the other players finished it but that wasn't the case. A few seconds later I was booted from the STF and back on Qo'nos. What's also weird is that the STF wasn't on cooldown nor did I get a leaver penalty for it.

I completely understand your issue because i'm suffering the same way!
    edited May 2015
    Ticket #40575898

I was at my fleet dilithium mine and chose to return to sector space when the game crashed just after I started to beam out. :(

This was the third character I logged on with today. Usually the game doesn't crash for a while and after I've logged in on a few more characters to get doff assignments started. The first two I did an Alpha Quadrant Borg Red Alert once each. So maybe when doing stuff on different characters without logging out or exiting the game in between characters is partly to blame?

It's starting to seem like this issue is getting worse.
    edited May 2015
    Ticket #14609233

I was on DS9 and chose to beam up to my ship.
    edited June 2015
    Crashed twice on me today.

The first time I was on DS9 and chose to beam to my ship so I could get doff assignments started. The second time it crashed I was on DS9 and started beaming up to enter a Gateway to Gre'thor PVE event. (Different characters each crash)

I didn't get a ticket number in either case. Both times the ticket number in the error report window showed as "unknown" for a few seconds then both the game and the error report window closed before I could even type anything and I wasn't able to submit a ticket.
  • baiter366baiter366 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    try and disable digital signal processing in sound settings
    edited June 2015
    Ticket #37471002

I was on Risa at the tailor and had minimized the game while at the head options because I was in the middle of reporting outfit bugs on the STO forums when, ironically, the game crashed to desktop. I brought the game back up and changed the sunglasses in the head options when the game decided to implode.

Really starting to get sick of this.
    edited June 2015
    Ticket #37471002

I was in the middle of using the tailor in First City on Qo'nos. :(

Edit: I think I forgot to mention it all this time. I run the game in 'windowed - maximized' mode if that has any bearing.

Also, like my last post, I had minimized the game (by clicking the button in the far top right corner of the screen) several times while having my Firefox browser open because I was, again, reporting outfit bugs on the forums.

So far since yesterday I haven't had any random crashes from changing maps. Both times since yesterday's patch I was at the uniform tailor and had clicked on something after bringing the game back of and after I had minimized it a few times.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ticket #37471002

I was in the middle of using the tailor in First City on Qo'nos. :(

Edit: I think I forgot to mention it all this time. I run the game in 'windowed - maximized' mode if that has any bearing.

Also, like my last post, I had minimized the game (by clicking the button in the far top right corner of the screen) several times while having my Firefox browser open because I was, again, reporting outfit bugs on the forums.

So far since yesterday I haven't had any random crashes from changing maps. Both times since yesterday's patch I was at the uniform tailor and had clicked on something after bringing the game back of and after I had minimized it a few times.

my theory is that "some" of the crashes are caused by resources that the tailor team likes to move. Some are in different sections, some missing, some "retired", many have had their color options changes. This changes every week. Just load some saved outfits to see the weirdness in all its glory.

Everytime I go to the tailor to do something minor like change a belt or update a color I have to redo most everything because so many pieces have been moved around.

Likely there are many conflicts now in the database.

That's sometimes why we crash at the tailor or at the character select screen.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]