test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian War Disappointing

andrew1707andrew1707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Federation Discussion
In the new Iconian War, they keep on killing off characters that I like. I hope that this is not a permanent trend, like in some old RPGs. I hope that it turns around before the end.
Post edited by andrew1707 on

Comments

• Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    with all this krenim foreshadowing i'm expecting it to end voyager style, with a reset button that'll rewrite the war into never happening.

they'd have to go to some 200k years ago, chroniton-infect the iconians that try to escape and make them lose all memories once on the other side of the gate.

they'd never even start breeding heralds or build fleets since their grudge and campaign would be forgotten.

this would allow cryptic to do as much mayhem and main cast butchering/location destroying as they wanted, since they'd just rewind it at the end anyway like voyager used to do.

you could even destroy earth or quonos at that point. it'd drive the point that iconians are an overwhelming, unbeatable enemy home if destruction of 1/4 of all of allied fleet in one shot wasn't enough.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If they killed off characters you did not like then you would not care. So, by default, they need to kill of characters people like for it to have any type of impact at all - especially since they cannot kill players' characters or Boffs.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    with all this krenim foreshadowing i'm expecting it to end voyager style, with a reset button that'll rewrite the war into never happening.

they'd have to go to some 200k years ago, chroniton-infect the iconians that try to escape and make them lose all memories once on the other side of the gate.

they'd never even start breeding heralds or build fleets since their grudge and campaign would be forgotten.

this would allow cryptic to do as much mayhem and main cast butchering/location destroying as they wanted, since they'd just rewind it at the end anyway like voyager used to do.

you could even destroy earth or quonos at that point. it'd drive the point that iconians are an overwhelming, unbeatable enemy home if destruction of 1/4 of all of allied fleet in one shot wasn't enough.

At this point, I'm hoping that is the case with Romulus and Remus being saved. Honestly, I would have rather allied with Taris over Sela. While Taris is na
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »

Oh I don't doubt it'll involve temporal shenanigans. why else point out in the plot so heavitly that Iconians can't utilize time travel due to their physiology?
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    andrew1707 wrote: »
    In the new Iconian War, they keep on killing off characters that I like. I hope that this is not a permanent trend, like in some old RPGs. I hope that it turns around before the end.

It makes sense to kill off characters. It happens, it's war. I'd be very much unimpressed if Cryptic decided that all named NPCs had impenetrable plot armour.

Having some characters die in the course of battle or some other storyline event makes sense from time to time. Shouldn't be overused, that's for sure. But, it does need to happen to make the storyline deeper.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Other than Kahless and the dude with Delta Flight, what other characters have they killed?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Where and what is this... "war" that people sometimes talk about?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    5 years they where teasing us with the iconians being the big bad guys and now since they officially "attack", everyting is as usual. Heck we even have time to go on vacation on Risa, instead of fighting for our lives everywhere.

What interests me more is what will Cryptics devs come up with, after this war of boredom is finally over?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    What interests me more is what will Cryptics devs come up with, after this war of boredom is finally over?

Mutant tribbles. They've already used the situation to further their nefarious ends and made inroads as far as First City on Qo'noS.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    5 years they where teasing us with the iconians being the big bad guys and now since they officially "attack", everyting is as usual. Heck we even have time to go on vacation on Risa, instead of fighting for our lives everywhere.

It stems basically into what has always happened in STO.

The game world is static. It's not dynamic. There was no difference in any of the conflicts once you were outside the tailored story missions or multiplayer queues. Once you were in ESD, First City, the Academies, Sector Space, etc, there was nothing signifying there was a conflict or a war going on.

Even when the Federation-Klingon War was going on, there was no gameplay impact for a KDF/Fed character flying into opposing faction space, or even approaching their borders.

It's always been like this.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Heck we even have time to go on vacation on Risa, instead of fighting for our lives everywhere.
    So? As I said in another thread, go and watch MASH on TV. They were in the middle of the Korean War, yet they had time to go to Tokyo for R&R.

Heck, Worf and Dax were married in the middle of the Dominion War and planned on going to Casperia Prime for their honeymoon - after Dax rejected Worf's ideas to go to Vulcan or Andoria. Just go and look at one of the Trek timelines and see how many people visited Risa during the Dominion War - let alone the Fed/KDF war that took place the year before the Dominion War.

Plus I do not remember you complaining about Risa last year during the Klingon War. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The game world is static. It's not dynamic. There was no difference in any of the conflicts once you were outside the tailored story missions or multiplayer queues. Once you were in ESD, First City, the Academies, Sector Space, etc, there was nothing signifying there was a conflict or a war going on.

Even when the Federation-Klingon War was going on, there was no gameplay impact for a KDF/Fed character flying into opposing faction space, or even approaching their borders.

The problem is the same with all MMO's, you cannot do major game wide events without causing parts of your player base to flip out. Do you not understand how much grief Cryptic (and God knows they get enough grief already) would get if you had no choice but to fight the Iconian war...

Realistically all of our captains would be on the front line doing everything possible to hold back the Iconian tide. We would watch as friends died almost daily to an inexhaustable supply of Heralds in superior ships...you would see ships that were mothballed decades ago being Captained by fresh Academy graduates and you would watch them all die seconds after going into battle...

But to really get this into an actual gameplay impact is impossible...players would whine about being forced to do this...

you would have to do things like if your ship was destroyed, it was destroyed and you have to get a new one (and thats being nice and saying you got away in a lifepod)...the game would need a ship counting system where as ships were destroyed that ship type became less and less available, until your character couldnt have a ship of that class any longer as the Federation/Empire couldnt keep up with demand...

On ground maps your BoFF's would die permanently, and no brining them back...you would survive somehow(only because making a new character every 5 minutes is a little extreme)...but alot of that awesome equipment would be perma destroyed...

While this would make the War in your face and close to what theyre trying to portray, it would never happen...players would explode...

So we get what we have now...something that doesnt really please anyone...Im hoping something big happens...but Im not gonna hold my breath
  • Options
    jamjullisonjamjullison Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    So? As I said in another thread, go and watch MASH on TV. They were in the middle of the Korean War, yet they had time to go to Tokyo for R&R.

Heck, Worf and Dax were married in the middle of the Dominion War and planned on going to Casperia Prime for their honeymoon - after Dax rejected Worf's ideas to go to Vulcan or Andoria. Just go and look at one of the Trek timelines and see how many people visited Risa during the Dominion War - let alone the Fed/KDF war that took place the year before the Dominion War.

Plus I do not remember you complaining about Risa last year during the Klingon War. :)

I would say what makes this war different then others is the locations of the front lines are pretty clear. In this one the iconians could attack anywhere they chose and there wouldn't necessarily be ships in place to help defend whatever place they attack in time. That said the Risa stuff doesn't bother me because that is how it is in MMO's. It is more of a break from the story. That said I would love to see an episode where they take the event into consideration and the iconians decide to try to destroy Risa while so many high ranking officers are there relaxing. They try to catch them when their guard is down.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    my sword is stained with the blood of Iconian slaves, my decks drip with their blood. My crew do not bother to learn new names as so many have died on my watch. Only a handful of my elite crew have survived this war.

Klingons sing praise of me. Me! A starfleet officer! I have slaughtered so many... I have trophies of those who actually knocked me down... the trophies? Their heads! They adorn my mess hall and my office.

Drydocks tremble when they see my ship come in for repairs. There are usually bodies to clean up.

Disappointing? I entirely agree... they can still clean the blood up from my decks. Until it gets to the point where the blood cannot be washed away anymore, then I shall be satisfied!

tld:r; MORE!! MORE!!!!!
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Korean War was a local conflict far away from the US or europe (where many UN troops came from) no one was invading the US for example. I bet, no one would have gone to tokyo on holiday if enemy troops where marching towards Los Angeles then.
    But this Iconian war is different. They are supposed to attack anywhere, no place is (supposed to be) secure, no front lines, they attack out of nowhere. We should be running from one inhabitant system to the next, defending all homeworlds and colonies. Do you remember the masses of ships we saw in "Uneasy Allies"?
    They are supposed to invade Alpha and Beta Quadrant, but we go on vacation, let them wait :P. lol.
    I wasn't so bored last year to reply to threats like this. :)

EDIT:

That's true, it's a big letdown in STO that nothing changes at all.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    mikew83mikew83 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Bwahaha! Right? What a friggin joke. If you don't care about the game anymore, just say so Devs! I mean, even the Witcher 3 gives you free DLC. When was the last time you guys gave us ANYTHING for free? Meaning you didn't have to work, run a daily, buy Zen, etc. for it?

STO has sadly turned into WoW. I'm certain the next season will have us fighting Alien Pandas in the mist.

Sh*t or get off the pot, cryptic. Are you guys really in it to win it anymore? I hope so......
  • Options
    orbdamorbdam Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They should have added an Iconian Red Alert for every quadrant. Now it feels like we're still at war mainly against the Borg, and occasionally Tholians. Random Iconian incursions in various systems, starbases and other places of interest would keep things interesting and it would feel like there's a war in the Milky Way.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mikew83 wrote: »
    When was the last time you guys gave us ANYTHING for free? Meaning you didn't have to work, run a daily, buy Zen, etc. for it?

I think the last free giveaway for C-Store items was leading up to the Anniversary Event? And then a few months before that they gave away free TNG-themed things.

They also just added the 'first-time buyers' system, where if you buy something through Arc, you can get a handful of freebies from the C-Store.

Oh, and the game - that's free too :D
  • Options
    mikew83mikew83 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I think the last free giveaway for C-Store items was leading up to the Anniversary Event? And then a few months before that they gave away free TNG-themed things.

They also just added the 'first-time buyers' system, where if you buy something through Arc, you can get a handful of freebies from the C-Store.

Oh, and the game - that's free too :D

Chip, you are absolutely right, I stand corrected! I forgot about that because I had already purchased most of those items before they were given away. None the less, they have given us a few freebies over the last 2 years. However the first-time buyers doesn't count, considering you have to purchase to get something. As is par for the course in STO, and that's fine.

Now, on to your most important point. Yes, the game is "free to play" but answer me this, have you ever bought Zen? Cryptic Points (I think that's what they were called WAY back when lol) or a lifetime sub? You probably have. FTP is a brilliant marketing strategy to get you to spend far more money on an MMO than you would a traditional game. Over the course of four years, I've probably spent $1-2k on STO. Most of my fleet has spent some serious cash on this. Heck, I've never actually met a player that hasn't... That's the main reason everyone is so upset, because you're vested. If you only spent $59.99 on STO 4 years ago, how pissed are you really going to be that it's taking a nose dive years later? You would probably just move on, and find a new game to occupy your time. But when you've invested years, friendships, countless hours playing, perfecting your build, collecting Doffs, Epic loot, buying ship slots, just to have the privilege of paying money via Zen to buy more ships (*Clears throat* really cryptic?) and some serious dough, you're livid that this is the BS that they're pulling.

Free to play, certainly doesn't always mean "free" at face value. :)

STO is a business, not just a game. So if you have a loyal player base that is apparently funding something for years, why not give them what they want? People have been griping about this kind of stuff for ages. Let's not even go into the lack of PvP content in this game... It doesn't seem to make much sense to alienate and anger people who constantly reinvest into your product, and help keep your company in the black. I mean, I was at ESD a couple of weeks ago and there were FOUR, yes FOUR of us at the ship selector. When have you ever seen that happen?! ESD is always overcrowded at any of the vendors... I hope Cryptic turns this around quick, or just shuts the game down and lets it go with grace. Something has to give here.

(P.S. I just want to make it clear, my tone certainly wasn't meant to come off as nasty towards you. I rant, and it's hard to tell over the interwebs :P )
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2015

This! What war are we speaking of besides a few drab missions?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The ball is being fumbled on this story. I'm sorry, but that rests with Kestrel, the writer, and the game production. There is zero sense of urgency to any of this. Back in World of ********, when they did the first expansion, and opened the Dark Portal? it was a huge deal. People cared. When WoW opened the gates of AQ40/20, they had another huge event.

Star Trek goes to war with the Big Bad, and what? Crickets. A planet is not destroyed, the Preservers, whom haven't done jack **** since we found them 3 years ago are killed off, one throw away NPC Maverick, and one Clone are killed in the story thus far.

I'm sorry, but The Old Republic has better story telling and presentation. I was really hyped for the Iconian War. I thought that suggestions made about hyping up the player base had been considered. I guess this is their version of it? I appreciate the effort, but it's falling flat.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    warpedcore wrote: »
    The ball is being fumbled on this story. I'm sorry, but that rests with Kestrel, the writer, and the game production. There is zero sense of urgency to any of this. Back in World of ********, when they did the first expansion, and opened the Dark Portal? it was a huge deal. People cared. When WoW opened the gates of AQ40/20, they had another huge event.
    What happens in WoW does not matter here. Plus WoW just lost 3 million players in one Quarter, so maybe they are not a great example company. :)
    Star Trek goes to war with the Big Bad, and what? Crickets. A planet is not destroyed, the Preservers, whom haven't done jack **** since we found them 3 years ago are killed off, one throw away NPC Maverick, and one Clone are killed in the story thus far.
    To be fair, in in-game time we met the Preservers, maybe, 6 months ago, probably less.

And from a canon aspect, what exactly happen to those alien parasites taking over Starfleet in Conspiracy? Oh, yeah, TNG ignored them for 7 years. :)
    I'm sorry, but The Old Republic has better story telling and presentation. I was really hyped for the Iconian War. I thought that suggestions made about hyping up the player base had been considered. I guess this is their version of it? I appreciate the effort, but it's falling flat.
    Then come on over and play SWTOR. There is a reason why there is more then just one game to play in the world. :)
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The War Story seems backwards to me. I liked the first mission alot, New Romulus getting beaten to hell and back, we lose a major source of power and 25% of all ships and such get destroyed. Pretty awesome start. Then the next two episodes are all about making a major blow to the enemy. It just seems out of place for the beginning of a major war of extermination.

If they wanted to make this war seem more dangerous they really should have had a few more episodes where we can barely keep the tide of Heralds out. A mission or two were we have to evac planets, defend this position until the civilians get away. Make it seem desperate. Then something turns the tide and we are able to make moves like Delta flight and such. Its like basic screen writing here.

Make all deep space encounter Heralds and unavoidable again like they were when the game started. Replace fleet starbase defend missions with Heralds and we might feel like we were in a war.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    my sword is stained with the blood of Iconian slaves, my decks drip with their blood. . Only a handful of my elite crew have survived this war so far.

Klingons sing praise of me. Me! A starfleet officer! I have slaughtered so many... I have trophies of those who actually knocked me down... the trophies? Their heads!

Drydocks tremble when they see my ship come in for repairs. There are usually bodies to clean up.

Disappointing? I entirely agree... they can still clean the blood up from my decks. Until it gets to the point where the blood cannot be washed away anymore, then I shall be satisfied!
  • Options
    mic1001mic1001 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What happens in WoW does not matter here. Plus WoW just lost 3 million players in one Quarter, so maybe they are not a great example company. :)

To be fair, in in-game time we met the Preservers, maybe, 6 months ago, probably less.

And from a canon aspect, what exactly happen to those alien parasites taking over Starfleet in Conspiracy? Oh, yeah, TNG ignored them for 7 years. :)

Then come on over and play SWTOR. There is a reason why there is more then just one game to play in the world. :)

U're paid per post of per day or for every contributor you try to discredit, I mean working for Cryptic must be very lucrative for you!

Nearly 100 000 players have left this game in past few months, and game only had 250 000 active players, like at most. WOW looses 3 million, with a base of 10-12 million isn't that bad, STO looses 100 000 players on base of 250 000 players, that's telling.

IF Star trek online is still around in 2017, and I strongly doubt it will be, it'll be solely due to the development team behind STO, not player base, players are ignored by development team, harassed and attacked by players such as you when they question STO Development team and the logic behind anything current development team is doing, don't forget very same development team manged to mess up another lucrative game they had way before Star Trek online.

U instead of offering a constructive dialogue attack anyone who has issue with the game, and I can tell you, a vast majority do and evidently reason why game is loosing so many players on a daily basis.

A BRILLIANT summary by an online blogger to describe what Cryptic is doing. Boldly Ripping You Off !!!
    This was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I uninstalled the game and never looked back. I realized what a waste of time and money this game is and how it’s a shameful mockery of what Star Trek is supposed to represent. PWE and Cryptic are taking advantages of a fanbase that is so thirsty for new Trek that they blindly pay these crooks thousands of dollars to give them something that vaguely resembles the franchise they love.

The naysayers may argue that everything in-game can be purchased via the dilithium exchange. However, the time invested into the process of converting dilithium to Zen accounts for hundreds of man-hours running the same material over and over again. What is this process called in gaming? Level grinding. Perfect World Entertainment represents everything that is wrong with the free-to-play MMO market. Star Trek Online has become a product run by a soulless off-shore company that wants nothing more than to rob its consumers with shiny products, broken promises, lame gameplay and shady business practices. I, for one, will never give them another cent. Jesse Garza

Another brilliant reply on steam chat boards,
    Cryptic Studios are doing their damndest to sink this ship for all their might. They have (inside of 2 weeks since their release of Delta Rising) done more to kill this game, the playerbase, and the sense of community than they have in the past 2 years combined. And that's SAYING something!

They've exponentially increased dill requirements while geometrically decreased dil rewards on any given thing. They've added 12x hitpoints to all targets so that it's a tedious die-of-boredom fest but meanwhile almost all missions on "Elite" are unfinishable but are the ONLY way to get certain rewards you need to get rep, gear, or any other items... which you essentially need to play Elite anyway.Avoid this game like the plague. Cryptic studios needs to fire Rivera and D'Angelo for their horrible crimes against gamer humanity. Do not give Cryptic Studios or PWE any of your money. Ever.

Markster

And this is just few of many players that actually cared to post. So when you start to defend current game mechanics and playability, as well as shear greed of current developers, the blatant racism that is continuously going on in zone chat, one can only wonder how long this game can last. As I've said I give it 18-24 months max, and game will be no more, I just pity all who wasted hundreds or even thousands of dollars on this game, it ain't star trek, it has nothing to do with Star Trek, it'll never be a star trek game, for starters in star trek universe nobody rips you off blindly.

BTW as i type this, 50 players have left the game, this is how fast this game is loosing players.
  • Options
    armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mic1001 wrote: »
    U're paid per post of per day or for every contributor you try to discredit, I mean working for Cryptic must be very lucrative for you!

Nearly 100 000 players have left this game in past few months, and game only had 250 000 active players, like at most. WOW looses 3 million, with a base of 10-12 million isn't that bad, STO looses 100 000 players on base of 250 000 players, that's telling.

IF Star trek online is still around in 2017, and I strongly doubt it will be, it'll be solely due to the development team behind STO, not player base, players are ignored by development team, harassed and attacked by players such as you when they question STO Development team and the logic behind anything current development team is doing, don't forget very same development team manged to mess up another lucrative game they had way before Star Trek online.

U instead of offering a constructive dialogue attack anyone who has issue with the game, and I can tell you, a vast majority do and evidently reason why game is loosing so many players on a daily basis.

A BRILLIANT summary by an online blogger to describe what Cryptic is doing. Boldly Ripping You Off !!!

Another brilliant reply on steam chat boards,

And this is just few of many players that actually cared to post. So when you start to defend current game mechanics and playability, as well as shear greed of current developers, the blatant racism that is continuously going on in zone chat, one can only wonder how long this game can last. As I've said I give it 18-24 months max, and game will be no more, I just pity all who wasted hundreds or even thousands of dollars on this game, it ain't star trek, it has nothing to do with Star Trek, it'll never be a star trek game, for starters in star trek universe nobody rips you off blindly.

BTW as i type this, 50 players have left the game, this is how fast this game is loosing players.

Uhh...you can clearly see he doesn't work for Cryptic. You wasted quite a few words on just a fan who wants to support the game instead of the company, itself. But really, do YOU have any proof to what you claim? Like the one YOU attacked said, go play some Old Republic if you don't like it here.

As for what I think about the war, we just have to see what Cryptic has in store for the time being.:cool:

BTW, what the heck is it you're saying in that first line?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Seriously, if I worked for Cryptic the forum would only be for Subscribers and idiots like you would have been banned from posting here long ago. So clearly I do not work for Cryptic. But it is always fun to watch someone who cannot refute a point throw in the "working for" line to try and discredit someone else's post. A juvenile tactic, but still always fun to watch.
    You have no idea how many players have left STO over the past few months. I can just as easily say 100,000 people have joined STO in the last few months and be just as wrong. You stating it does not make it fact. You have no insider knowledge. You are just a nobody with a keyboard.

I would also point out that WoW losing 3 million Subscribers means 3 million paying customers gone. STO losing your imaginary 100,000 means only 5,000 paying customers gone - because in FTP games only about 5% of the players financially support the game. So yeah, WoW lost $40 million per month while your STO imaginarily lost $50,000. It is a huge difference. :)

But you just keep on preaching your doom. It is so much easier to scream the sky is falling then to simply stop playing, yourself. If you stopped playing no one would care, but shouting doom gets you a little attention, right? :)
  • Options
    mic1001mic1001 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously, if I worked for Cryptic the forum would only be for Subscribers and idiots like you would have been banned from posting here long ago. So clearly I do not work for Cryptic. But it is always fun to watch someone who cannot refute a point throw in the "working for" line to try and discredit someone else's post. A juvenile tactic, but still always fun to watch.

You have no idea how many players have left STO over the past few months. I can just as easily say 100,000 people have joined STO in the last few months and be just as wrong. You stating it does not make it fact. You have no insider knowledge. You are just a nobody with a keyboard.

I would also point out that WoW losing 3 million Subscribers means 3 million paying customers gone. STO losing your imaginary 100,000 means only 5,000 paying customers gone - because in FTP games only about 5% of the players financially support the game. So yeah, WoW lost $40 million per month while your STO imaginarily lost $50,000. It is a huge difference. :)

But you just keep on preaching your doom. It is so much easier to scream the sky is falling then to simply stop playing, yourself. If you stopped playing no one would care, but shouting doom gets you a little attention, right? :)

U call everyone that you disagree an idiot on open chat board ? Or is it just your teabagging ways of communicating with anyone that you disagree with ?

I know you are old, fat sad ugly git sitting in his room with no life, probably voting republicans and holding to his stockpile of assault rifles, however we live in a real world, reports on how well game performs are tracked by independent gaming journalist and websites. And since November last year game is doing dismally. I know in you thick headed brainless scull it is hard to comprehend this fact but it is something that is happening and players that have seen demise of other similar games can see it happening here as well.

Also since you're compering STO to WOW, two different games and different markets you ought to know WOW has many spin offs and updates and what not, anyhow here it is described why WOW lost nearly 3 million players and how they still got 7 million+ http://uk.businessinsider.com/world-of-********-still-has-over-7-million-players-2015-5

Not that it really matters why WOW lost players, we are talking STO, and why STO is loosing players big time. BTW your attitude is fine example why many players are leaving STO, you don't believe in star trek universe or what it represents, in fact you have no clue what star trek is about, if you did you'd question direction of this game.

Long standing STO players are laving many not returning cause of what is happening to the game, and disregard and utter contempt development team has for Star Trek fans and community,but what would you know, you're full of yourself, arrogant to the extreme.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    U call everyone that you disagree an idiot on open chat board ? Or is it just your teabagging ways of communicating with anyone that you disagree with ?

I know you are old, fat sad ugly git sitting in his room with no life, probably voting republicans and holding to his stockpile of assault rifles, however we live in a real world, reports on how well game performs are tracked by independent gaming journalist and websites. And since November last year game is doing dismally. I know in you thick headed brainless scull it is hard to comprehend this fact but it is something that is happening and players that have seen demise of other similar games can see it happening here as well.

Also since you're compering STO to WOW, two different games and different markets you ought to know WOW has many spin offs and updates and what not, anyhow here it is described why WOW lost nearly 3 million players and how they still got 7 million+ http://uk.businessinsider.com/world-of-********-still-has-over-7-million-players-2015-5

Not that it really matters why WOW lost players, we are talking STO, and why STO is loosing players big time. BTW your attitude is fine example why many players are leaving STO, you don't believe in star trek universe or what it represents, in fact you have no clue what star trek is about, if you did you'd question direction of this game.

Long standing STO players are laving many not returning cause of what is happening to the game, and disregard and utter contempt development team has for Star Trek fans and community,but what would you know, you're full of yourself, arrogant to the extreme.
    That was a really good 13th post. You are really involved with the community and have had your finger on the pulse of the player-base over the last 3 years. Not.

Opinions are like buttholes. We all have them and they all stink.

You have nothing but your own disdain for the game; and like far too many people live under the belief that "what I do not like everyone must not like, and thus it is doomed to failure." Life is a little more complicated then that.

If you do not like STO, that is fine. I only consider it to be an average game, myself. But I do not delude myself into believing that everyone has to feel the same way about the game that I do. I am man enough to know that when I do not like something I simply stop doing it. I do not need to grandstand to make myself feel important. But I guess that is just the difference between an adult and a child mentality.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I see this thread getting locked