test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make a KDF ONLY mission to recover the Sword of Khaless!

ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
OK Devs a thought. Seeing how the Sword of Kahless is such a cultural icon of the Klingon society and as such a key part of Klingon History and Lore would it not be reasonable to try and recover it? A recent allagory to this would be the Honjo Manasune a cultural icon lost to history but still being looked for. I would love to have a mission chain just for KDF to search for and recover or failing that destroy The Sword of Kahless. As a reward for recovering it perhaps an Epic level Batlath with very high level procs say plus 50 to shields and armor, plus 50 critical hit chance, plus 50 heal, plus 50 critcal damage something really epic in nature. I'd like to see the mission be tough so when you either recover or destroy the Sword (destroying it to keep it from being used by the enemies of the Empire) you feel like you actually did something heroic. A reward for destroying it could be a special unlock piece of gear not epic but still fairly serious stat wise. THis could be a one shot type mission simaler to some of the ones in the game already.
So please can we have a mission to recover The Sword of Kahless? :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd love to see such a mission. The Sword would be returned to Q'onos, and perhaps as a reward, we could earn a trophy of T'Ket's severed arm. :-)
  • Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While this is a good idea sadly the last exec dev actually stated that the Klingon fed war was ended so they didn't have to make any more KDF only missions. I don't have the link but I'm sure someone else does.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They lost it by being stupid, let it go.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The most worthiness mission to do, it will be never be. ��
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Last time we saw it it was floating in space. Do I hear a scanning mission incoming?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its a very good idea for a mission, and I can see plenty of reasons to make it all faction. I'd prefer the reward to be a very rare melee weapon of choice.. I like batleths, but of the "Current" melee weapons in sto my personal favorite is the scimitar looking sword.

Could add a hand axe for the romulans (nod to JJ) a mekleth for the KDF, and either a rapier/cutlass/sabre for the feds, or maybe paired commando knives. or maybe even a classic strait blade.

Can't jam or overload a sword.. and Iconians aren't to fond of em apparently...
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While this is a good idea sadly the last exec dev actually stated that the Klingon fed war was ended so they didn't have to make any more KDF only missions. I don't have the link but I'm sure someone else does.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22226881&postcount=31

It was gecko not Stahl.

The relevant quote is emphasized in green. I gave the full transcript to provide context.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Heck, I'd settle just for them offering the Shard Sword of Kahless again, if only so they actually make the thing upgradeable.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How about they make a KDF only mission to find themselves some gorram brains. Kill the TRIBBLE first, then monologue about how honorable you supposedly are.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    How about they make a KDF only mission to find themselves some gorram brains. Kill the TRIBBLE first, then monologue about how honorable you supposedly are.

There is. It's a doff mission called "Investigate Rumors of Klingon Intelligence"
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They lost it by being stupid, let it go.

If you think that you're a fool. Kahless knew he was going to die going into that battle. He did it to prove that the Iconians can be defeated, yes he died, but he has shown us that we CAN beat them. Recovering the sword would provide a moral boost like nothing else, the blade that took an Iconians arm would galvanize everyone fighting against the Heralds and their masters not just the Klingons.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Recovering the sword would proved a moral boost like nothing else, the blade that took an Iconians arm would galvanize everyone fighting against the Heralds and their masters not just the Klingons.

Instead of just picking up their most revered relic, they just let it lie there on the ground, and bravely ran away for inexplicable reasons. Going back for it now only underpins their failure, and the stupidity of their carelessness. Which brings us back to "They lost it by being stupid, let it go."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    If you think that you're a fool. Kahless knew he was going to die going into that battle. He did it to prove that the Iconians can be defeated, yes he died, but he has shown us that we CAN beat them. Recovering the sword would proved a moral boost like nothing else, the blade that took an Iconians arm would galvanize everyone fighting against the Heralds and their masters not just the Klingons.

Dumb@ss f*ck decided to close to melee range of something that vaporizes people with a wave of its hands instead of staying back and hosing it down with disruptor fire like my "honorless" Lethean, my Fed, and my Rom were doing.

What Kahless showed was that he was a waste of oxygen, nothing more. You're not going to beat the Iconians with lumps of dead iron, glorious charges with naked blades, and fatuous monologues about honor, you're just going to die faster. View the counterexample of "Delta Flight", where a Federation-led team fights like soldiers, not warriors, and actually achieves its mission objective. A victory is going to do a hell of a lot more for morale than a "glorious sacrifice".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Instead of just picking up their most revered relic, they just let it lie there on the ground, and bravely ran away for inexplicable reasons. Going back for it now only underpins their failure, and the stupidity of their carelessness. Which brings us back to "They lost it by being stupid, let it go."

Would you have jumped down there and died instantly for no reason? Sure your character could have jumped down and grabbed the Bat'leth, but you would have died immediately and the sword would have still been laying there.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Would you have jumped down there and died instantly for no reason? Sure your character could have jumped down and grabbed the Bat'leth, but you would have died immediately and the sword would have still been laying there.

No, I wouldn't have jumped down. Not right away. I would've thrown down a few overloading phasers and hosed the TRIBBLE down with gunfire, and then jumped down after he's been reduced to a greasy stain on the floor. :D

See, that's how a soldier fights. Kahless fought like a warrior, and look what happened to him. To beat the Iconians, the Klingons are going to need to use their brains for more than taking up space between their ears.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22226881&postcount=31

It was gecko not Stahl.

The relevant quote is emphasized in green. I gave the full transcript to provide context.

But it doesn’t mean that I don’t want to update that content. My goal is to replace all our old content with really solid voiced content. We’ll get to it all.

The Fek'Ihri Arc is the best in this game.
    While I don't really like the idea of geko getting his mits all over it, perhaps a Delta Recruit exclusive Temporal mission to retrieve the Sword of Kahless (picking up where the Main beams out) during this arc would be something worth consideration.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    edited June 2015

That only attests to the questionable premise of the entire mission, really. But there they were, defeating endless waves of Heralds inside the corridors, making their to the inner sanctum successfully. At that point, there was no reason to suddenly take off, head over heels, with no room to pick up a sword.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ummmm.... guess some people missed a certain Ds9 episode where two Starfleet officers and +1 go searching for the sword. Trek fans indeed. ..
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »

No, not necessarily.
    If my idea of a Delta Recruit temporal mission is used, then the Delta would have already retrieved it.
    Not much incentive to stick around, is there?
    From the KDF perspective, anyway (the one that counts).
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd be happy to play a mission to recover Kahless's blade that shared Klingon themes and culture that was open to both factions.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Ummmm.... guess some people missed a certain Ds9 episode where two Starfleet officers and +1 go searching for the sword. Trek fans indeed. ..

More like two Klingons and a +1, if you will recall. Worf was acting as a Klingon in that ep, not as a Starfleet officer.

And then they beamed it back out into space because the two Klingons couldn't stop fighting over it. Which is another reason why going back for Kahless' stupid hunk of metal is a bad idea. It's not going to unify the Empire, it's just going to be an attractive nuisance.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited June 2015
    More like two Klingons and a +1, if you will recall. Worf was acting as a Klingon in that ep, not as a Starfleet officer.

And then they beamed it back out into space because the two Klingons couldn't stop fighting over it. Which is another reason why going back for Kahless' stupid hunk of metal is a bad idea. It's not going to unify the Empire, it's just going to be an attractive nuisance.

Worfs race is irrelevant, as the ops argument was a Klingon cultural venture based on culture. Worf always was a Starfleet officer first and a Klingon warrior second.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Worfs race is irrelevant, as the ops argument was a Klingon cultural venture based on culture. Worf always was a Starfleet officer first and a Klingon warrior second.

Noting a conspicuous lack of a counterargument for the rest of my post... :rolleyes:
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Noting a conspicuous lack of a counterargument for the rest of my post... :rolleyes:

I didn't know two separate subjects were a packaged required debate. My point is that seeking the sword wasn't strictly limited to The Empire , but a venture experienced by Starfleet once upon a time.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I didn't know two separate subjects were a packaged required debate. My point is that seeking the sword wasn't strictly limited to The Empire , but a venture experienced by Starfleet once upon a time.

All right, here's the counterargument for that, then. That mission happened in peacetime. But last time I looked the Federation, not to mention the Romulan Republic, was a little too busy actually fighting the Iconians to worry about Kahless' useless hunk of metal.

This is something the Picard lovers apparently haven't gotten yet. This is war. Throw out your cultured, erudite Earl Grey tea and biscuits and get used to sh*tty trench coffee and MREs. The resources that would be spent on recovering the Sword of Kahless can be better spent on outfitting starships and ground forces. You can worry about your little archaeological dig when we aren't all at risk of conquest and enslavement.

This is the Federation of the Dominion War, buddy-boy, not the Federation of TNG.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In regards to some of these posters considering it's a worthless chunk of metal. That can be said for the Constitution it's a worthless piece of a paper. BUT the ideals it represents make it valuable. The same can be said for Khaless's sword. It's not the artifact itself but what it stands for that gives it value. Also It was an NPC that beamed everyone out in a panic. Historicly many lost cause charges have in the long run changed the tide of the larger conflict. An example of this can be seen with Gen. Jimmy Doolittle raid on Tokyo. It was a forlorn hope that had a very slim chance and would do little actual damage. BUT it did show the Imperial Japanese Forces were not all powerful and the American public and armed forces rallied around that mission that had a 100% loss of equipment and heavy casualities at a point when it seemed hopeless. On the other side the Japanese forces over reacted and withdrew vital assetts to the home islands to defend against further incursions leaving the forces deployed weakened and shipping vunerble to attack. Perhaps this was the goal of the raid no matter the personel outcome for the Allied forces involved with the raid to create a rally cry. Remember there was a massive defeat at Starbase 234 and the Presevers were destroyed deep in "safe" territory. Pretty demoralizing.
    Back to reasons that a raid to recover the sword could be a major rally point can be taken from the raids to free captured allied forces both in the ETO and PTO in WW2. A small victory can have a massive effect on the moral of either side.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    The same can be said for Khaless's sword. It's not the artifact itself but what it stands for that gives it value.

Nonetheless it needs to be the original Sword of Kahless: otherwise it's really just a worthless chunk of metal (that could be easily replicated).
    Also It was an NPC that beamed everyone out in a panic.

Touch
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Uh...don't you mean arm?
    (As it seems the Sword of Kahless can't be used to decapitate...:P)

LOL. Well played! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Iconians are gods, do understand that. There are probably 7 or 8 of them. Khaless wanted to go toe-to-toe with a god, so we can say, he fighted the gods. Doing so he expects himself to become a god. You know, all that Klingon stuff about war, honour, challenge.

To win the war we have to kill the gods. One will probably survive and come back for revenge. We will also get the sword back, don't you worry, the writers will take care of it. That last Iconian, I hope to see a mission, The Last of the Iconians.