Install Arc
Options

Does anyone else think the Nandi...

Comments

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cuatela wrote: »
    The way it looks now, it looks like a Cardassian/Ferengi hybrid to me.

Most definitely. Honestly, I thought there was going to be some story about how it's the product of a Cardie/Ferengi joint development deal!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    I just hope those are beam weapon shots and not impulse/warp trails in the image.

I think they have the ship flying the wrong way round. Then again, it's a 4 x 4 weapon ship, so I guess, I'' just go everywhere in reverse if it is.

Considering there are 5 trails...I don't think they're beams.

There are the cannon *pincers* like on the D'kora...pretty sure that is the front.
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kimony wrote: »

I really dig the gold one. I hope it has the skin variety like the Risian ships did and allow it to be very differently colored than the initial picture. Pretty sure the picture is from the front though, the frontmost part sticking out reminds me of the D'Kora front end.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The news item seems more than a little snarky.

The ship itself looks like someone kitbashed the D'kora.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, it certainly isn't what I had expected, but I'm eager to see it in three-dimensions before writing it off completely.

You know, in terms of Ferengi design I was most 'recently' impressed by the design approach taken by the Star Trek Infinite Space dev team (now canned). See their concept work for a Ferengi station here. I felt that sat well with the D'Kora while still being quite new.
    kimony wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the as shown materials so I slapped together some recolored images in the hopes different materials will be available:

Standard Ferengi Color:
    http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/blonderabbette/nandi3_zps7j5h4j5r.jpg

A good improvement!
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nynik wrote: »
    Yeah, it certainly isn't what I had expected, but I'm eager to see it in three-dimensions before writing it off completely.

You know, in terms of Ferengi design I was most 'recently' impressed by the design approach taken by the Star Trek Infinite Space dev team (now canned). See their concept work for a Ferengi station here. I felt that sat well with the D'Kora while still being quite new.

A good improvement!

Yes, that station is a lovely design.. shame it will (probably) never been used.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    ...looks AWFUL? I just saw the photo and it's camper than any Risian ship ever was and is just plain fugly. There's absolutely no, "Very impressive design" to it at all.

I don't really think it looks all that bad but to give a T6 ship TWO (2) thats right 2, ensign boff stations is flat out (lets make this t6 ship as cheap as possible) cheap. I understand cryptic wants in no way to codblock you from spending money on thier zen ships and lockboxes but please. Cryptic you should change this. Change the Enginnering boff station to a Lt. comm. or something. TBH It would be a better fit if they removed one of the ensign all together.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Of course it looks terrible.

It's Ferengi and everything Ferengi is stupid.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think it looks great, a proper ferengi ship.

I like the design ... It's just ... Backwards! <sigh>

Both my Klingon Talaxian Sci, and my RomFed Sci will want one though, but only because I can't afford 2 more Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruisers. <sigh again>
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't like the texture, makes it look like a plastic toy
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have the d'kora. Not seen any specs on the nandi as yet.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I have the d'kora. Not seen any specs on the nandi as yet.

Specs were posted up in a different thread. These would apparently be those specs:
    http://imgur.com/a/23WDB
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To me, it would look better flying backwards with different hull material. Also not sure why ships like this one and the galaxy get a Lt cmd spec slot while the pathfinder and breen carrier only gets a lt?
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gold thats my colour
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    I like the design ... It's just ... Backwards! <sigh>

Both my Klingon Talaxian Sci, and my RomFed Sci will want one though, but only because I can't afford 2 more Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruisers. <sigh again>

Spaceships are not backwards as space has no atmosphere, and thus no need to be aerodynamic.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've learned that static pictures often do not do Cryptic ships justice .

... yet at the same time , some stuff that looks hawt in frontal view can be TRIBBLE from behind ...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I think it looks like a modern Ferengi ship. So, spot on.

^^ This.

N.B. And can we be a bit nicer about Taco's work, please?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It is a waste of energy to debate subjective concepts. You like Fords I like Chevy. I think your Ford is ugly and you think my Chevy is ugly. Nothing either of us says will change that.

If you do not like the look of the Nandi do not waste your energy trying to get it. Problem solved. :)

Now imagine going to a big Chevy opening party and find out the main surprise price, in a game of chance for all attending, you just won is a Ford ;)
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It’s ugly beyond words and looks like something built by greedy little people so it fits Ferengi, not to mention anybody else who feels addressed right now, perfectly.

Well done Cryptic.

The seating looks a bit weird. Almost evenly split tac AND sci focus. Should be interesting to put some traits like “All hands on Deck” and “Reciprocity” on it. Perhaps even some other cool down reduction stuff like the Xindi Tac, Delta Console, or Maco Set.

I probably give it to one of my ground toons.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now imagine going to a big Chevy opening party and find out the main surprise price, in a game of chance for all attending, you just won is a Ford ;)

I'd sell that thing ASAP

Something that everyone forgets, you still get taxed on that free car
  • Options
    annahannah Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I kind of like it, except it looks backwards.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ This.

N.B. And can we be a bit nicer about Taco's work, please?!

Does Taco make ships these days?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Does Taco make ships these days?

The designs of them, at least, I think. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i like it, except 4/4 for the weapons. i have no builds for a 4/4 ship (except an old crappy one)

this ship would be interesting for my fed, but they have all dbb builds (avenger). no way, that i spend hours of grinding/crafting/gambling for beams array.

when crytptic will give us the possibility of having 2 360° beams of the same energy, i don't want to use antiproton for all my ships!
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The designs of them, at least, I think. :)

Taco is an environmental artist. He designed the SB1 interior and the Risian resort. Only part of ships he would have a hand in is the interior.

Also, in regards to the Nandi having the same amenities as the D'Kora, I do not see that happening. The D'Kora was a premium ship while the Nandi is a "freemium" ship. I have never seen a free ship be given the same treatment as their money makers.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Also, in regards to the Nandi having the same amenities as the D'Kora, I do not see that happening. The D'Kora was a premium ship while the Nandi is a "freemium" ship. I have never seen a free ship be given the same treatment as their money makers.

I actually strongly suspect it will. Why bother designing a completely new interior, when it'd be easier to just copy paste the old one?

Besides, i doubt the D'kora is a money maker anymore. Only a few hard-core fans will pick one up, as statistically it's quite inferior to many cheaper options, and the majority wont bother to unlock any lock boxes older than the Tal Shiar, due to vastly inferior 'consolation' prizes.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i.. really.. love it! its a Ferengi ship, no mistaking. it draws heavily from the original D'Kora, which took a while to grow on me, but is now 1 of my favourite ships to play. i really can't wait to get my large Ferengi TRIBBLE in that captains chair, order helm to take us out and have my 1st officer rub my lobes as i set of in search of a deal.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015