Options

Tier 5 iconian rep message

2»

Comments

• Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »

Also, a big fat NO to a "Dominion" faction. The devs have said, flat out, that they won't do a "villain faction" in STO... and if they try and TRIBBLE all over the Dominion, making them into some "oh, we're just misunderstood" shadow of what they were in DS9... no, thanks. Go for a Cardassian faction. It makes a lot more sense.

Sense may say "Cardassians", but it's the revenue that whispers "Dominion".
    And while the borg as a faction is heavily disputed, the Dominion is nowhere near.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    starjammer1165starjammer1165 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My guess would be that sense it was a player who brought about the release of the changeling in Facility 4028 the only ambassador the dominion is going to listen too is the players toon so my guess is there will be a future mission sending us there to recruit the dominion into the war.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Sense may say "Cardassians", but it's the revenue that whispers "Dominion"..

Yup, that's why there's a dominion lock box and two jem'hadar prize ships. Profitable doesn't mean "faction," not with viable alternatives to deliver the ships, costumes, weapons, duty officers, and bridge officers.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Interesting in itself, as 'Sphere of Influence' indicated that the Iconians preferred "observation but no engagement".

Which is probably smart since Iconian advanced tech probably isn't going to give them too much of an advantage against a power that can mass produce armies and fleets at a ridiculously fast level.

Serious fighting a war of attrition with the Dominion is like fighting a war based on real life rules on troops and materials construction against a guy who gets to play by Real Time Strategy Game rules.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    According to certain sources, there seems to be a bit of Dominion and Krenim things that might possibly appear.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why Dominion at all?! Far as I'm concerned, we closed that chapter with the old Cardassian Struggle. I much rather see the Krenim.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    They should be more cautious knowing that we've thwarted some of their plans already.

The foolish Iconians suffer from the same ignorance that all afflicts all those who oppose the Federation. The script writers are on our side...
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valenn1 wrote: »
    We don't really know their level of arrogance/hubris.
    They could be like the Kzin in Nivens "Known Space" universe, higly intelligent, but with a lot of culturally/biology-induced blind sports.

In the new FE the iconian says to kahless "how dare you strike a god" hubris right there the iconians beleive they are gods .
  • Options
    zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    marcel314 wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/twWVDl7

*shakes fist* Sela!!!! When i find you, i will kill you with my own hands!!!
    So much hype for dominion and now this!!!

No boff or special reward except dili, ec, xp and marks.
    No special mission too.

What? There are messages? I'm almost Tier 5 in Iconian Rep and I haven't gotten any Sela messages...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zenn3k wrote: »
    What? There are messages? I'm almost Tier 5 in Iconian Rep and I haven't gotten any Sela messages...
    you have to actually turn the gadget you get at T1 on to get them. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    marcel314 wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/twWVDl7

*shakes fist* Sela!!!! When i find you, i will kill you with my own hands!!!
    So much hype for dominion and now this!!!

No boff or special reward except dili, ec, xp and marks.
    No special mission too.

doesnt change anything, if the dominion notice the heralds and realize that sela is serious, the dominion will take her a lot more seriously, perhaps enough to sway them into opening a dialogue with the beta quadrant once again when sela has given her bit to the dominion for protection. it depends how seriously the dominion see the threat.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.