test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How long would you sacrifice playing to game, to fix the bugs?

13»

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Your IQ is leaning in the negative if you continue to refuse to acknowledge the error of your ways. LOL!
    When you're able to compile a sentence that makes sense, and doesn't otherwise come across as cryptic (no pun intented) I'll pay attention to you. That is unless you'd care to explain the error of my ways? I'm confident you can't because you don't know what you're talking about.
    Because ignorance/laziness is a virtue (sarcasm). Not my fault if you don't watch the news like any other responsible and well informed adult.
    I find it incredibly hard to believe you are an adult. The need for an adult to comment with 'LOL' as often as you do is worrying.

Again though, other than anything to do with your connection, name and shame a couple of bugs (other than yourself). If your problem is solely that you're unable to play because of lagging or disconnects, then you can't provide what it is that I seek.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pssht.
    So many infants on this forum, incredible.

I wonder why they aren't removed from the forum, there is an age limit, no?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tend to agree with this sentiment. I know STO requires some sort of emergency maintenance plus an update overhaul of their engine. Unfortunately, this will never realistically happen due to so many factors in the way. STUPID money problems.

All they need to do, IMHO, is work on Tribble (and not stop until most of the egregious bugs are fixed); and not constantly release new stuff.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Help! I'm an immature infant that wants some attention.
    You'll get your limelight, but not today.

I have already clarified my position in a previous post (one that you've read). I consider bugs (in the traditional sense) to be internal issues that effect the entire player-base. I can not say that any simpler than I already have. What you are seemingly having issues with is more to do with connections, and I wouldn't place them in the same category.

Do You Understand That?
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    Personally, I would sacrifice being able to play the game for a week, if it meant being able to correct Every. Single. Bug. in the game and especially if we all got some sort of special reward for the privilege!

At the moment, between lag, missions not completing, getting stuck and all the other errors, it's hardly playable anyway, so why not just shut it down until it is?

And oh, can we please have the organized events back, because I do still dearly miss being able to play "Mine Trap".

It will take a lot longer than a week to fix all the bugs in this game. They do, however, leave bugs unfixed for far too long. There are bugs in this game that are years old.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    All true. But would it really kill them if they, O, actually tested stuff before releasing it?! Aka, be less greed-driven, and more focussed on quality. That means they would have released, say, Command ships two weeks later. Would that really have meant the end of the world!?

While any new code will inevitably introduce new bugs, that doesn't mean they can't work on minimizing their occurances.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    All they need to do, IMHO, is work on Tribble (and not stop until most of the egregious bugs are fixed); and not constantly release new stuff.
    I'm thinking they can't even do that. Most of their efforts are most likely focused on developing next season/expansion content to meet their budget demands from the parent company. They probably can't put aside enough resources and labor to squash problematic code. Even if they tried, PWE would shut them down for not meeting their quarterly quotas and splitting resources for unapproved projects.

Of course, this is just my opinion (much speculating going on here).

Here's a recent example of bugs that were reported on Tribble, but released onto Holodeck anyway.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    As I understand it, the list of duty officer assignments is supposed update when the user crosses certain borders in sector space. Here are maps from tacofangs:

Sector Space DOFF Regions

Many people reported problems with this feature when the sector space revamp first appeared on Tribble. I personally filed several bug reports on Tribble. I reported the same bugs again on Holodeck after Season 10 went live. As far as I can tell, there has been no change since I first reported the bugs on Tribble. Here are the bug reports again for reference:

Holodeck ticket #3,388,908: New assignments disappear when ship crosses sector border
    Holodeck ticket #3,388,921: Assignment list does not change when ship crosses sector border
    Holodeck ticket #3,388,930: New assignments from first officer do not show up when ship crosses sector border
    Holodeck ticket #3,388,946: Department heads do not refresh when ship crosses sector border
    Holodeck ticket #3,388,966: Assignment list changes in the middle of the Bajor Sector
    Holodeck ticket #3,394,869: No assignments under "Current Map" when ship enters Alpha Quadrant

I do not claim that these are all the bugs, but I think I have provided enough information for someone to start debugging.

UPDATE: Added a new bug report about the "Current Map" tab being empty in certain sectors of the Alpha Quadrant.

More than a month before the release of Season 10, I reported five bugs on Tribble about doff assignments not updating correctly in sector space. I reported the same bugs on Holodeck the day that Season 10 was released. Two days later, I reported one additional bug. Note that I was not the only one reporting problems with doff assignments in sector space. Before Season 10, there were other posts on the Tribble forums saying the same thing, though perhaps not with the level of detail that I provided.

If they didn't know about these bugs before Season 10, then they aren't paying enough attention to the bug reports that players submit on Tribble. If they did know about them, then someone made the decision to allow these bugs to go live.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have absolutely zero reason to believe your incredibly warped version of the facts over Cryptic's official standing on the matter, especially considering that you don't have anything tangible to back up your claims.
    It's not a warped version of facts. It's what I believe to be bugs compared with connection issues. I know you don't see it, but in my warped mind, they are two very different things.

You're also right, I don't have no proof to back up claims. I've been asking for proof of bugs since I posted, and as of yet, the only bug that's been mentioned is connection related. Furthermore, I think, just maybe that Cryptic (or whoever) is using the term bug out of context, and you're blindly taking that as truth.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oooooo, i just *farted*

Oooooo, i *farted* again

Oooooops, i think i*farted* again

thats how long i would take the game =offline= to wait for code fixes

get real, and trolls get back under yer bridges before i *TRIBBLE* on YOU !!!!!!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    None.

I've tried that already, and it turned out worse than before, so no thanks... Current pace seems more reasonable.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It will take a lot longer than a week to fix all the bugs in this game. They do, however, leave bugs unfixed for far too long. There are bugs in this game that are years old.

Here's a recent example of bugs that were reported on Tribble, but released onto Holodeck anyway.

More than a month before the release of Season 10, I reported five bugs on Tribble about doff assignments not updating correctly in sector space. I reported the same bugs on Holodeck the day that Season 10 was released. Two days later, I reported one additional bug. Note that I was not the only one reporting problems with doff assignments in sector space. Before Season 10, there were other posts on the Tribble forums saying the same thing, though perhaps not with the level of detail that I provided.

If they didn't know about these bugs before Season 10, then they aren't paying enough attention to the bug reports that players submit on Tribble. If they did know about them, then someone made the decision to allow these bugs to go live.

From my own experience they've basically stated that they don't pay attention to the bug reports an employee told me that the only thing they look at now are twitter posts about it so report it there if you want it fixed. Why do they even have a bug report system if they aren't paying attention to the bug report system?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Depends on the numbers,lets just say for arguements sake that only 25% of the playerbase suffers from lag,rubberbanding and bugs....would you lock out 75% of the playerbase that doesnt have any problems with the game just so 25% can play the game?

P.S: Special reward?¿ hehe gotta love people using any sort of post and excuse to cue in the "give me the free stuff"...

Plasma you took the words out of my mouth :eek:

Ok who the hell are you and where is the real plasmanugget

:eek: Your not the real plasmanugget your from the mirror universe and shaved off your evil goatee

All jokes aside you hit the nail on the head