test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing at Zaria beam down

2»

Comments

• roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just happened to me in the mines yesterday as well...

A dev comment on this and the crashes in the dyson ground BZ would be appreciated.
  • masssquaredmasssquared Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Froze up as well on a delta recruit. 1/2 way through mission.

Playing in full screen also freezes the PC. . .hard restart is extremely unwelcome.

This is not a random freeze for me, it's specific to that moment. and can be repeated.
    It also appears not to be an isolated incident.

Time for action.
  • lyranthorlyranthor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Having the exact same issue. I get to the room with the 2nd transporter inhibitor and instantly crash to the desktop. Bug reporter also crashes.
  • warwolf01warwolf01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yup Can't Finish it ether... Funny Thing, I have On-Demand Patching and This Was the First map I noticed, That Did Not patch, When it loaded on my First Run..

Can we have an Event Extention PLZ.
  • marctomassmarctomass Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yup - but I land on Zaria, begin fighting Breen, and at a random time get a hard crash for my efforts.

Does this mean we can't get the reward for completing all the missions, even when it's not our fault? What can be done for us? Help!

:/

5/13/2015 Note: I just finished it successfully as part of a team - a tiny bit of lag, but no crashes! :))
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,153 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    starmanj wrote: »
    Same Issue Crashing to Desktop when doing Fed Side Emancipation

Happens for me too on that mission. Either on initial beam to Zaria or in the first cavern coridor of the mining facility.

The game client crash doesn't occur for me anywhere else in the game ONLY for Zaria.
  • archeybald1archeybald1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I kept crashing as well, but after reading a chunk of comments I noticed that a trend seemed to be it crashed during combat. I made it through the mission mostly avoiding combat by sending my away team ahead, and that seemed to work. I don't know if it was luck or not, but it's something.

Avoid combat, send away team ahead, make it through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Zaria also crashes doing the "Emancipation" daily mission, when beaming to ground.
  • malkaveermalkaveer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have been experiencing this for the past five days. How can I finish the mission if the zone keeps crashing? I've sent tickets and got the following:

9 of 441
    Star Trek Online missions and STOs keep crashing [Incident: 150509-002591]
    Inbox
    x
    Perfect World Entertainment customerservice@perfectworld.com via mailmw.custhelp.com

May 12 (1 day ago)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you're having issues running the game on various missions. To help resolve the issue, kindly open your Star Trek Online folder and delete the file "gameprefs.pref". All your settings in-game will be reset, from your graphics settings to your keybind settings. Also please try to "Force verify" the client files by following the short guide I've outlined below:

1. Shutdown your PC and wait for a few minutes before restarting it
    2. Shutdown all non-essential (including browsers, downloaders, instant messengers, gaming related software) applications running on your PC
    3. Launch the game via Arc
    4. Click the "Options" link located at the upper-right corner of the launcher
    5. Check the option "Force verify"
    6. Click the "Save" button

At this point, the launcher will manually check each file against the server, and if it finds any discrepancy, it will download the correct file. After this process is completed, please login to the game and test if it is working as intended now.

If the issue persists, please run the game with an administrator permission, here's how:

1. Shutdown all non-essential (including browsers, downloaders, instant messengers, gaming related software) applications running on your PC
    2. Go to the installation folder of the game
    3. Right-click "Star Trek Online.exe" and choose "Run as Administrator"

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage.

I would like to point out that this didn't solve the problem, and I sent another trouble ticket expressing this.
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hello all.
    just patched the game and tried to do the daily mission 'Emancipation' at zaria.
    the game still crashes almost immediatly after starting the mission.
    the current patch did not fix this
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    We do not yet have a fix for this. It's still being worked on. Sorry.
    STO QA Team
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We do not yet have a fix for this. It's still being worked on. Sorry.

but at least we now have confirmation you are aware of this issue and are attempting to produce a fix ..

It's similar to the bug at Voth batlezone ,if you ask me , and there's also relation to the occasional CTD folks experience when switching characters or transferring maps ( again,just my opinion ,based on observation of how client "acts" prior to crash to desktop)
  • gunney85gunney85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will Delta Recruits get a grace period if this isn't fixed before the event ends? Currently my KDF captain cannot finish the Breen story arc to complete all the Delta mission events because of this crash. Every single time I start combat in the final room with the two transport inhibitors i get a CTD.
  • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So is there a workaround? My DR is right at this point in the story as well.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cecil08 wrote: »
    So is there a workaround? My DR is right at this point in the story as well.

I'm not certain how universal it is, but the mission didn't crash for me on my Delta Recruits, and I read of at least one other person saying the same. Both of us had screen shake turned off in our Options for Ground. I believe that is on the Controls tab.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    •Resolved an issue which was causing some players to crash when loading in to the login screen or certain maps. I was hopeing this fixed the Issue But not yet
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From what I understand, we also have a resolution fix to the Zaria map crash.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Beam down issue? What about the crash in mines ?

This would be the sixth week we've been reporting this problem. I've given up on trying to finish my Delta Recruit.

Fingers crossed!
  • joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Good to hear. I was just doing Emancipation daily, when it crashed. It also crashed twice last night. Didn't look at the forums. I'll drop the daily now and do something else.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Fix this and the Dyson BZ, seriously. I'm afraid to be on the ground anymore.

Dyson got so bad for me that it was crashing during load on logging into the character.

I finally fixed it by logging another one on first, then having the cursor right up at 'beam out', hitting it instantly when I saw the char for a moment.

Haven't gone back since. Surprised there aren't more breach and storming the spire queue hits, must4 be people just4 ignoring doing rep stuff on their deltas :p

Edit:

... and then I look and see there's another separate thread with response on that. Silly me. :p:)