test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having trouble logging in tonight.

It started the arc update the little window was updating it was almost done then it crashed to another error box saying this. It seems to be an arc issue, i did put in a support ticket with arc but in the mean time im seeing if any one here can help. If you dont hear back from me in an hour or so i went to bed il look at this tomorrow morn. I will also provide anymore info if its needed. Im on a dell windows xp 3 gigs ram, 1 gig vid ram, was working fine last night
something with todays update? I did try to uninstall and reinstall arc, didnt work.

Arc.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

thanks for any help
Post edited by johnnystarflame on

Comments

• asanthirasanthir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah yes THIS one...
    Had the exact same problem. Just wanted to check some R&D and doff stuff before i go to work,
    when this thing wanted to get an update which did... Something...?
    Arc was just like: Blablabla Entry Point not found... :(
    Downloading a new graphics driver version right now as suggested on another forum for a
    similar problem...

Edit: Nope, didn't work!
  • david2pacdavid2pac Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Arc.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I have the same issue, and also using windows xp sp3, on my brother's laptop who using windows 7, arc working well, but on my computer not anymore -.- so idk, fix it mates. kkkk ty:o:)
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "Arc.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in dynamic link library in kernel32.dll

- tried reinstalling ARC. Didnt work.

If it wasn't broke, someone shouldn't have "fixed" it
    edited May 2015
    XP and similar: Go into "Program Files" select "Perfect World Entertainment" go into the STO file select star track online launcher.

Or better yet copy and paste a link on your desktop to it.
  • newplayercoopernewplayercooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i try it not working for me
    edited May 2015
    I am on a dual boot system with XP just for playing STO. Look in your program files for the Game Launcher (It looks like a federation icon) usually in a "Star Trek Online" file (usually in "Perfect World" file). Bypass the ARC thing (for now) completely.

I just got done playing so it works for sure with XP.

Tell us if it works.
  • rado79rado79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am on a dual boot system with XP just for playing STO. Look in your program files for the Game Launcher (It looks like a federation icon) usually in a "Star Trek Online" file (usually in "Perfect World" file). Bypass the ARC thing (for now) completely.

I just got done playing so it works for sure with XP.

Tell us if it works.

It works!! Outstanding, man. Thank you for sharing this. I have the same set-up as yours and was in the same boat with that 'entry not found' issue. So I have created a shortcut to desktop. I have also noticed that the game loads up slower through this way and that the game seems to crash less often now so thats a real bonus :))

For XP users: look in C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en and click on the starfleet icon and you're there.

Thank you again tango2bravo, I owe you a crate of whiskey :)

Intel: Sobek - StarFleet Tactical. Ship - USS Osiris (TCBC Presidio) I just started playing this game a few months ago, enjoying it so far. No lag issues except the occasional rubberbanding and CTDs. My first forum post BTW.
  • captaintpc27captaintpc27 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    same thing is happening for me i went to program files and started star trek online says timed out to log in account so hopefully they fix this soon
  • miumi0miumi0 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in kernel.dll.
    I tried reinstall Arc/STO. Not work. After the game folder removed, i can't launch the game directly with the program icon. Any suggession?
    edited May 2015
    Yes. My problem is this on the XP system. InterlockedCompareExchange64.
    edited May 2015
    " For XP users: look in C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en and click on the starfleet icon and you're there. " Thats okay, but tried reinstall the game. I don't have this .exe file. Can't reinstall, the InterlockedCompareExchange64 error message show up with the ARC install, earlier than i can start the STO install progress.
    edited May 2015
    " For XP users: look in C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en and click on the starfleet icon and you're there. " Thats okay, but i tried reinstall the game. The game folder removed. I don't have this .exe file. Can't reinstall the program, because the InterlockedCompareExchange64 error message show up with the ARC install step, earlier than i can start the STO install progress.
    :confused::confused:
  • johnnystarflamejohnnystarflame Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for all the replies. When I get home I will try the one people say is working by going into /c program files, startrek and clicking on the startrek icon to start the game. I do hope eventually this arc update issue does get fixed.
  • phantasmrhesus2phantasmrhesus2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    XP and similar: Go into "Program Files" select "Perfect World Entertainment" go into the STO file select star track online launcher.

Or better yet copy and paste a link on your desktop to it.

I did try to go with that strategy but the error still keeps popping up. :(:confused:

What do I do now?
  • darqlarldarqlarl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, Im an xp user and tried doing what you all have said, I went into my program files..and there is no starwars_en. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling, getting same issue, but there is no starwars folder, won't even install Perfect world folder is completely empty, nothing in it
    edited May 2015
    I tried this too and it works in XP and may get around the different menu issues as a temp fix until they fix ARC :

Go to search in the Start menu, click search for "all files and folders" - Then type/ copy paste "Star Trek Online" no quotes of course - Press search - the one that comes up with the icon, and/or around 63 k in size, and/or is a "Application" is the one to double click on. Do it and then it should go.
  • chylfesterchylfester Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On my Windows XP SP3 setup the ARC loader does not comply since it was updated May 7.
    The error message 'InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in kernel.dll' is not caused by an error in the Windows XP system. I guess the programmers at ARC do not use and or test with Windows XP (anymore).

The problem with the ARC loader can be bypassed simply by bypassing the ARC loader.

Start Star Trek Online by doubleclicking the file 'Star Trek Online' in the game folder.
    I guess the standard location is C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en

" For XP users: look in C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en and click on the starfleet icon and you're there. "

This actually works. Thanx to tango2bravo

My hope is, however, that ARC wil think of us XP users and edit their ARC loader, so it is XP friendly again.
    edited May 2015
    I want them to fix it too. I fiddled a long time trying to get STO to run in Linux. It works but the graphics were flaky and I didn't like the feel. XP was available form older equipment so I installed and used it. Im not about to purchase a new OS and trash my system trying to install it and it is beyond infuriating to have some non Linux person suggest "its time to upgrade" and buy some new propriety OS for this.
  • johnnystarflamejohnnystarflame Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am able to log in by going into the star trek folder in program files and hit the exe. Any other way wont work, I cant even pin the exe to desktop i have to go into it the long way as mentioned. The arc log in is toast, nothing fixed it, no repair, no reinstall, nothing. At this rate it seems spotty at best how long this bypass method will work. The good news is they are aware, this is a reply from yesterday to a ticket i put in the day i made this thread.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this concern about the Kernel32.dll error and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

I can confirm that we are already aware of this and currently being worked on. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all
    bugs as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we investigate and resolve this matter.

Regards,
    Liuna
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    edited May 2015
    I am able to get into arc after a dowload. It seems to be working in XP again.