test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment Week 6

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
It’s the end of the Delta Recruitment event, so it’s time for the final stretch. You’ve earned your stripes, scavenged dilithium, and worked hard to assist a fleet.

We have our final goal for this week here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So now it's marks.

This one better not have the 0% after 24 hours bug.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kind of an anti-climax for such a long event ... I was thinking fireworks , awesome mission ( something along those lines ) or is something like that also planned ?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    awww heck ya. esa es la bomba
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So how is this the end of the DR event if we still have one week left?
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This week's goal and reward are win in every way that last week's were not. Praise be. :D It's hard to say no to bonus marks, and this week we're back to a goal that rewards us for things we are probably already motivated to do anyway. That's really key, here.

If there's one thing that the Delta events and stretch goals have done, it's very clearly illustrated what kinds of activities players tend to enjoy--and what kinds they don't, regardless of how they're incentivized. The stark contrast between last week's outcome and the rest of the Delta recruiting event speaks for itself in terms of what players felt motivated to do.

It is one thing for us to point out that grinding mission replays just isn't fun, or to see the typical tedious uproar from the forums about... well, anything, really. It is another thing entirely when there is hard data clearly supporting that position.

I'm sure the dev team has access to considerably more detailed metrics than we do, including all the crosstabs. As much as people on these forums mock Geko's supposed reliance on "metrics", it is simply a fact that important decisions must be made based on good data. Anecdotal outrage from the vocal minority who participate in online forums has very, very limited value. Good data tells a story.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Note your own quote. The First Six Weeks... this is week six of the public rewards.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015

My guess is we'll get the Bonus Marks next week & don't have to work for the next goal, because there isn't anything after 2 weeks from now ... it's only logical ...

Anyway thx sounds like 2 more fun weeks ... since the last 2 were kind of meh ...
    amezuki wrote: »
    If there's one thing that the Delta events and stretch goals have done, it's very clearly illustrated what kinds of activities players tend to enjoy--and what kinds they don't, regardless of how they're incentivized. The stark contrast between last week's outcome and the rest of the Delta recruiting event speaks for itself in terms of what players felt motivated to do.

Meh I usually enjoy replaying Episodes ... I just don't want another "Replay-Week" within what's basically an entire "Replay-Month" (for most people), which is on top of that colliding with Dil-WE ... if they're going to draw conclusions, that nobody want to replay Episodes, and everyone loves Queues & R+D ... they really shouldn't ... not even speaking about the lack of Rewards last week (missing FE Series Replay i.E.) ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015

They mean that this is the final server-wide reward week. The week after will be us enjoying whatever tier we get before the DR event's end on May 21st.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Last week could be the FE reruns for shard/cane and boffs?

edit:
    nudge nudge hint hint ;D
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd be happy.

If the game even wanted to start up. Launcher is plain broken, freezes in seconds. Restarted, no luck.

Reinstalled the game, no luck.

Reinstalled Windows (it was through Boot Camp, it wasn't a big deal to do that)

Still not going to work.

Can't even get to the patching screen. So either you broke totally the code for the launcher, or you have a lame ISP. Definitely not an issue from my side. I know you have lag issues but damn, they're that serious?!
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Last week could be the FE reruns for shard/cane and boffs?

edit:
    nudge nudge hint hint ;D

Would be nice. Haven't had a replay event since May last year. I have four characters I'd like to be able to claim the rewards on.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *Obligatory "Will this include Iconian marks?"*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    raidcontrollerraidcontroller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It’s the end of the Delta Recruitment event, so it’s time for the final stretch. You’ve earned your stripes, scavenged dilithium, and worked hard to assist a fleet.

We have our final goal for this week here.

~LaughingTrendy

UM LISTEN CRYPTIC WTF?

Last week you advertised an increase to EC gains. You failed to mention this only applied to Doffing missions and a lot of people became angry.

The reward for this week. REally, you think no one would notice?

PER YOUR OWN NEWS FEED
    As the meter hits certain benchmarks, this will unlock progressively better rewards for the following week. Unlocking the initial reward will cause a dilithium bonus week – the following week to grant 50% more dilithium earned to everyone, not just Delta Recruits. Hitting the second benchmark improves this to 100% more dilithium, and hitting the third and final benchmark increases this to 150% more dilithium for everyone for the entire week!

Excuse me, but I can count.. why are we only receiving a 25% bonus? This time we sure as H do deserve an answer.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Would be cool if we got double "elite" marks as well you know so instead of 1 borg neural processor we get 2, same with ancient power cells, data spheres and so on, don't recall if we ever had a bonus on this stuff?

That would be the big bang id expect for a final week reward...ill take the more marks but more elites would be cool....hell same with more experience...

so....

please sir may I have some more?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    edited May 2015
    UM LISTEN CRYPTIC WTF?

Last week you advertised an increase to EC gains. You failed to mention this only applied to Doffing missions and a lot of people became angry.

The reward for this week. REally, you think no one would notice?

PER YOUR OWN NEWS FEED
    As the meter hits certain benchmarks, this will unlock progressively better rewards for the following week. Unlocking the initial reward will cause a dilithium bonus week – the following week to grant 50% more dilithium earned to everyone, not just Delta Recruits. Hitting the second benchmark improves this to 100% more dilithium, and hitting the third and final benchmark increases this to 150% more dilithium for everyone for the entire week!

Excuse me, but I can count.. why are we only receiving a 25% bonus? This time we sure as H do deserve an answer.

I almost jumped on the bandwagon ... but is it even active yet ?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015

I was thinking that, usually these things start at 6PM my local time. It's currently 1 minute to 6.... So I doubt it's in effect yet.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    raidcontrollerraidcontroller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015

yes it is active.. or cryptic raised dil rewards 25% across the board.. missions, doffing, etc

contraband is currently giving 2500 dil.. I fully expected 3000 dil
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking that, usually these things start at 6PM my local time. It's currently 1 minute to 6.... So I doubt it's in effect yet.

Yeah just checked it out, it's actice ... and it's really just 25% ... Contraband Turn-In for 2500 instead of 3000 (or 2000) i.E. ... what gives ...
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah just checked it out, it's actice ... and it's really just 25% ... Contraband Turn-In for 2500 instead of 3000 (or 2000) i.E. ... what gives ...

Not that big of surprise, just another cryptic lie and complete ignore of the players.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't worry!
    I'm sure they will edit the text of the Week 5 announcment soon!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Don't worry!
    I'm sure they will edit the text of the Week 5 announcment soon!

Maybe ... but while they're at it ... I'd really want to know if Bonus Marks will actually give 50/100/150% or 25/50/75% ... before next week, if possible ... thx in advance ...
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No surprise on the 25% instead of 50% Dil bonus this week. It's either a bug (that won't get fixed), a nerf (which fits the trend lately) or was wrongly presented to us (as 50%/100%/150% when it really should have been 25%/50%/75%) in the first place and never corrected.

Now that we are essentially at the end of the event, and as cruddy as the last few weeks have been (including this one), I still have to give this whole endeavor a thumbs up. All the good rewards were in the first couple of weeks, the middle rewards were pathetic and the last 2 rewards while decent, how we are to obtain them stinks.

I'm all about alts though and while most folks see no point in having a lot of alts past their main and perhaps 1 or 2 others, I have a creatively chaotic mind and alts help me explore these ideas. The bonuses the Delta Recruits get are pretty decent and will most definitely help them when leveling. If I ever get around to them. Haven't touched a Delta since the 2nd week and as such they haven't leveled much.

Another plus is it does look like we will have NO trouble getting to at least tier 2 by next week. Unlike how we barely hit tier 1 Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for this weeks bonus.

Hopefully if this type of event is repeated down the road, lessons can be learned from the mistakes of this event and corrected.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    karr007 wrote: »
    Not that big of surprise, just another cryptic lie and complete ignore of the players.
    Talked with the team. This week's rewards should be changed to reflect the 50% bonus dilithium that you earned from last week.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Talked with the team. This week's rewards should be changed to reflect the 50% bonus dilithium that you earned from last week.

And when might this actually happen?
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    there's no point to continue playing the DR's anyway : defera still crashes ( now even worse than before this patch )

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1453651

done with it ...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xablis wrote: »
    And when might this actually happen?
    From what I last got from communications, this change should have gone in just moments ago. It should be affecting mission rewards, queue rewards, dilithium mining at a 50% bonus.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Alright, so just got a check from the team that this week's blog should be reflecting the scalable tiers as the following:

Tier 1 - 25% bonus
    Tier 2 - 50% bonus
    Tier 3 - 75% bonus

I've updated the blog accordingly with them.
  • Options
    raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It’s the end of the Delta Recruitment event, so it’s time for the final stretch.
    <snip>
    The Delta Recruitment event is concluding!
    ~LaughingTrendy

Thank you for talking to the rest of the team about the Dilithium rewards, and continuing to let us know the details.

Relating to the comments about the end of the Delta Recruit event, I presume that we are nearing the end of the weekly challenges, but that the Delta Recruit event will continue until May 21st, as originally scheduled.

There has been a bit of confusion regarding the awards, and if they can be earned, and claimed, after the event. (So long as the Delta Recruit characters are created and have completed the tutorial.)

Near the start of the event we heard that, Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards. But then there seemed to be some confusion if that was actually true.

Is that still true that if I complete the objectives for the Paradox Corrector in late June, I will be able to collect the Paradox Corrector on my Delta Recruit, and on my other characters on the account?

Thank you again- I'm enjoying the additional Iconian story content with my Delta Recruit, and currently level 51 making my way through Nimbus III.

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com