test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing in Zaria and Dyson Ground Battles

Hi,

STO keeps crashing whenever I play any of these scenes and gives me an oops your cryptic application has crashed without allowing me to submit details.

I can't finish the Breen assignments as a Delta recruit because of it.

Please can this be fixed!!??
Post edited by raebotrekky on

Comments

• perico#0789 perico Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here keep crashing during the breen episode ground mission this is my 4th delta character, first 3 had no problem what so ever, but 4th one was created after release of season 10 and now it's crashing left and right, why oh why must you guys change anything in graphics in attempt to make it look nicer, when things were working fine lol now it's just crashing left and right..... I have noticed whenever i throw grenade it's a guaranteed crash, testing that as we speak... will post updates
  • discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can confirm this. now i cant log back in without crashing at the loading screen.
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    perico1974 wrote: »
    same here keep crashing during the breen episode ground mission this is my 4th delta character, first 3 had no problem what so ever, but 4th one was created after release of season 10 and now it's crashing left and right, why oh why must you guys change anything in graphics in attempt to make it look nicer, when things were working fine lol now it's just crashing left and right..... I have noticed whenever i throw grenade it's a guaranteed crash, testing that as we speak... will post updates

My Does the Same Main FED Character
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Odd, I've got near-constant crashes in the same 2 zones. I've heard a LOT of people complain about it as well.
  • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem.. constant crashes in dyson ground BZ, but nowhere else..
    It seems very random had like 5-6 in under 30mins a few days ago, then I gave up that day.. fine a couple of days, now i enter dyson BZ again for the dil event.. guess what 2 crashes to desktop in 5 mins... giving up..:(
  • lutherfrylutherfry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Having the same issue and have opened up a ticket for it with Support for all the good that has done.

After the first response consisting of a canned copy paste resolution they now are suggeting I allow them to rollback any characters having this issue which would undo any progression after the rollback point, and remove any items/resources gained from the rollback point forward. Putting together a spread sheet of all the threads that are open for the same issue to submit to them and push for escalation to someone who can and knows what to do, other than copy paste generic canned responses! Please dont let this issue go silent! Get on support and keep on them til they acknowlege and resolve the issues!
  • timewolf64timewolf64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been experiencing the Dyson ground combat crashes for a while. The crashes happen when things get most intense. When there are many other player characters around and I'm spamming ranged pew pew...

I switched to melee weapons when there is an intense furball and it really cuts down on the crashes.

But in the Zaria part of the Breen Episode nothing I do lets me pass. I have equipped multiple officers with melee weapons, I have tried taking it really slow through the combat and nothing changes that when I get to a particular room, near the end, STO exits with the submit info message.

I have updated video drivers, scaled back video performance and still it crashes in that room always.

I have tried it twenty times and I'm still stuck.

Anyone got a suggestion?
  • timewolf64timewolf64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Day after this post, I logged in and tried the scenario again. It crashed a dozen times but each time it remembered exactly where I was in the episode -- so I could progress.

Eventually I let my officers do all the fighting, as my participation helped crash the game, and it ended with success and the reward.

This cold combat fight is now a daily for me but I'm just really happy that I can proceed with the story.

Thank You STOL, somebody changed something and it worked for me.

Very appreciated!!!

Dahar Master Zena
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same problem for me. Crashing on Dyson BZ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]