test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do players make "human" custom aliens?

13»

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to those making a point of it, is the thread out of date or no longer relevant? who actually cares if its a year old? does it somehow detract from your experience?
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to those making a point of it, is the thread out of date or no longer relevant? who actually cares if its a year old? does it somehow detract from your experience?

I'm not about to sift through 6-7 pages of this thread to see what has or has not changed. But that is pretty much exactly why you dont necro threads if the topic is of a technical nature. With this particular thread the info should still be good, but like i said i'm not about to go and double check everything. But also you know how people are...see a several year old thread pop up and everybody yells ZOMBIE!!!

EDIT: since i still think its a relevant question even though its a year old. Some reasons i pick Alien as a race and go with a Human look is because i picked them for their traits NOT their ability to look like whatever. Also on one or two occasions i have changed from a Human looking Alien to a Vulcan looking one and have even tried a Jem'Hadar looking one. Its nice to be able to have that option in the future to change your look to something else without actually having to reroll a new toon for the race.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. Rules say do not necro.
    2. the OP can be answered with "Because they can."
    3. There is no point to the op's question. (see #2).

It distracts from experience, because it's flotsam, contributes nothing and generally gets in the way of relevant intelligent rants about why the game doesn't meet your standards.
    People are entitled to have their entitlement front and center. This is not about entitilement, this is just a stupid "I can't see how other people think" post count. Much like your post and my response.

Also it is generally a good idea not to play like you are a mod. :cool:
    gHF1ABR.jpg