test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing at Zaria beam down

grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was trying to complete one of the cold episodes, got to the part where team beams down to Zaria, system crashed.
Tried logging back in to same character, system crashed.
Tried logging into another character at academy that worked, played for a few minutes, no problem.
Switched to another character, also at the academy, no problem, played a few minutes no problems.
Switched to delta recruit came up with no problem above zaria, clicked on continue episode, game crashed.
Cannot completed breen episode that requires beaming to Zaria.
Post edited by grob44 on

Comments

• agentwormagentworm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same problem with the mission "Out in the Cold" on Zaria, I am in the room with the two transport disruptors the game crashes. Cant start in the map game crashes instantly. This is a kdf delta recruit toon.
  • galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. It also occurs in the episode Dust to Dust, when the gorn engineer tells me to repair the Romulan turrets. Instant crash to desktop, the crash reporter doesn't even work, that crashes out too.
  • emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also happening to me. Please add to known issues, which I am sure there are volumes of.
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Broken for me too...
  • abrannon4abrannon4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Count me in too. Crashed three times now. Just the "Out in the Cold" mission, Zaria part.
  • dharmasaladharmasala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue. Same room.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not fixxed in the patch ... even bettter ... cant login in with that character at all ... :(
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    post 04/30/15 patch, same issue affecting my KDF-ally/romulan delta recruit. I get about halfway through then screenfreeze and crash. Half of hte time when it crashes the logger crashes too so no report sent that I can see.

I tried verifying files after second freeze and crash.

I guess I give up trying to finish that delta recruit's missions until after a patch addresses this issue, if ever.

@alk
  • fullcircle2fullcircle2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same room, same CTD. Got a little further with each reload. All CTD's happened while in combat.

KDF toon.
  • groselicaingroselicain Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's simultaneously affirming and depressing when I go to see if someone's already written about a bug I'm experiencing.

So yeah, it's happening here as well.
  • gamerj689gamerj689 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Had the same issue, I managed to get back in and play on Zaria, but would crash every couple minutes. Once I got off it, I was fine.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    now had CTD on Kobali prime as well.... we just keep adding maps it seems
  • xadrenal1nxadrenal1n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had the same issue, tryed multiple times, each resulted in crash.

Each time I restarted the client I was prompted with a "verify all files" popup (or something similar - forgot the exact name).

At the third time I tryed that and now it works fine. Hope it works for you too!

-Hayden

edit: Nevermind, crashed after a minute or so. But still, improvement!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1 here.

Fed Rom science
    Already in safe mode so anyone doing the bug hunting can remove that from their list.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1. CTD during Voth ground battlefield. It seems to be random, generally caused by initiating combat. I've had it happen during the Breen arc, too.
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh good, it's not just me then. Having the same issue. KDF delta recruit.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please every file a ticket with PWE. https://support.arcgames.com/
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    Welp... after the patch I made it to the boss, only to have it crash again. So, I'm going to verify files now and see if anything changes.

Update: No, it's still not working.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same Issue Crashing to Desktop when doing Fed Side Emancipation
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, this happens to me, too.
    When it first happened, I was lucky enough to type something into the crash logger, but can't remember the ticket #.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • sandman324sandman324 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cant finish the missions to get the full unlocks on my delta recruit please fix of make it so we get our full unlocks even with skipping the mission, would also be nice to have the breen set item you get for completing it
  • alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was just coming to this forum to report this when I found this thread! Its good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing technical difficulties with this mission!
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i too am crashing at zaria.
    i tried to do the daiily deferi mission there but each time a couple of minutes into the mission the game crashes.
    edited May 2015
    I'll add that doing problematic maps on a team seems to fix the issue for me. No idea why.
  • kiltwearer32kiltwearer32 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same problem. Tried three times to finish but just far too annoying. Place saver is nice but hardly a fix. Second DR i've had problems with in this episode.
    Crashes can happen seconds after beaming back in or a few minutes apart.
    One apparent reset and 2 more crashes later P.S.:
    I could run around, dance on bodies, climb walls as Spiderman...okay not really climb walls...once all the fighting was done. Ran around whole area twice without incident.
    On this DR i tried it with the GPU and CPU turned all the way down. Basically everything looked like blocks is what i'm saying. Didn't help.
    I do have a DXDIAG saved if it would help.
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    starmanj wrote: »

Same here. I noticed that since season 10 releasing
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Many of us are crashing in the Defera set of episodes. It's been happening for three weeks.

Apparently this level of quality user experience is acceptable to Captain Gecko.

When will we get anyone who cares about the quality of their work more than the BS they spoout in podcasts?

'Frustrated player'
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I did a full re-install just in case there was local file corruption. It didn't help.

If it's been going on for three weeks then my waiting for a fix on Thursday is a little optimistic, no?
    boldly-watched.png
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    starmanj wrote: »

Same here. I have experienced that only after releasing of Season 10
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well it's still happening to me this time on a Reman Fed aligned tac toon.

Nice to know after three weeks this is still a problem with no feedback from a dev, no fix of the problem and to top it off is a requirement for getting all the rewards as a delta toon!

I've filed so many tickets with details that I just can't be bothered anymore :(
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!