test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Week 5!

Comments

• crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The progress bar still shows 0%, I guess not many people are bothered to replay any missions. :o
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I kinda lost interest in this after it hit week 3 I was like yeah I'm done here. Not that it wasn't a good idea its just that I've done this so many times already over the past almost 5 years now that yeah its getting old and boring to keep doing the same stuff over and over again. Best way I can put it without it sounding flamatory.
  • emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pretty sure it already is ... but pretty much every EC Source is excluded ... Vendors i.E.

I doubt that as the R&D bonus amount is still on. If they don't make it Vendors then what point is there to this?
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »
    The progress bar still shows 0%, I guess not many people are bothered to replay any missions. :o

I think probably everyone's hoping someone else does the replays. Unlike all the previous Delta Recruit week stuff, where you could progress the bar through normal play (or normal contributions, like the fleet credit earning that just passed) this requires deliberately going and doing something you wouldn't otherwise do.

And with the exception of the missions that reward multiple pieces of a gear set, or multiple different goodies (like Surface Tension), the rewards for episode replays are pretty uninspiring. It definitely doesn't give the one thing that people who might have gotten stuck in a missionless gap in the 50-60 range actually need: decent XP.

As much as I'd like the free dilithium, I think it might be healthier for the game if we end the week with very little progress on the bar. A very public "meh" to the concept of simply grinding mission replays for negligible rewards might theoretically lead to their reward level being addressed.

I'm not saying don't participate of course, far from it. I might or might not end up doing so myself. But only if I get something out of the mission. I'm not going to grind replays for a worse reward than I could get spending my time elsewhere.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I doubt that as the R&D bonus amount is still on.

Vendors & Exchange are excluded ... several DEV's including Trendy already told us ... it's basically "Dabo Week" afaik ... does it make any sense ... of course not ...
    If they don't make it Vendors then what point is there to this?

Yeah ... little late to the party ...
    After poking one very experienced and super smart person, I can confirm things like the exchange and stores will not apply the bonus because that would be infinitely scalable.

PS : Unless you really need huge amounts of GPL ... this entire Week is pointless, anyway ...

PPS : Just got 1750 GPL (Instead of 1000 GPL) for a simple "Dabo" => Dabo Week is ACTIVE !!
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Holy TRIBBLE!!

Dil prices were insane before but are you guys seriosuly trying to set a new record for all time high dil prices on the exchange?? :confused:

Since PWE is rumored to being sold off, the answer is obvious.

I think the secret strategy is obvious that Cryptic wants Dil to rain down on us for in-game projects like upgrades, but be near-worthless for converting into Zen for buying from the store.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think probably everyone's hoping someone else does the replays. Unlike all the previous Delta Recruit week stuff, where you could progress the bar through normal play (or normal contributions, like the fleet credit earning that just passed) this requires deliberately going and doing something you wouldn't otherwise do.

And with the exception of the missions that reward multiple pieces of a gear set, or multiple different goodies (like Surface Tension), the rewards for episode replays are pretty uninspiring. It definitely doesn't give the one thing that people who might have gotten stuck in a missionless gap in the 50-60 range actually need: decent XP.

As much as I'd like the free dilithium, I think it might be healthier for the game if we end the week with very little progress on the bar. A very public "meh" to the concept of simply grinding mission replays for negligible rewards might theoretically lead to their reward level being addressed.

I'm not saying don't participate of course, far from it. I might or might not end up doing so myself. But only if I get something out of the mission. I'm not going to grind replays for a worse reward than I could get spending my time elsewhere.

Ah good point. Repeating the same stuff over and over again with very little worth in rewards appears to be a waste of time to people. If these replays would actually give the decent XP worth the grind, I could see people go through with it. In any case most of you are far further into progress of the Delta Recruit event than me. I got mine as far as level 13 and actually got bored pretty quick. I can't bring myself to keep on going.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a question regarding the Delta Recruit event, how long will it last?

and if you made a DR character and have no time to finish all the missions etc... will it still unlock its rewards at the end of the event?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stark2k wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the Delta Recruit event, how long will it last?

and if you made a DR character and have no time to finish all the missions etc... will it still unlock its rewards at the end of the event?

As long as the Delta Recruit finishes the tutorial and gets the temporal thingamabob, you can finish collecting the rewards at any point. There is no time limit on finishing/getting the rewards, only creating the character.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait! There's an in game, recruit? :eek:

:: looks left, looks right, looks left, looks right ::

Where? :confused:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Mission replays? So basically Spin the Wheel week. Alrighty then.

Another chance to have Leeta whisper in my ear? I'm there! :)

Also, a good chance to acquire an at level Hargh'peng Torpedo. Whenever it hits my enemies they all say the same thing.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since PWE is rumored to being sold off, the answer is obvious.
    PWE is not "being sold off". Its CEO wants to take the corporation private, no longer beholden to stockholders. Depending on his plans after that, this could be glorious good news; stockholders are notorious for wanting earnings improvements every single quarter, while an individual owner might well be more patient and willing to reinvest in the company.

Ultimately, it remains to be seen, but there's certainly no reason to be crying "doom" over this news.

And if you think the Dil exchange is insane, go try to swap Questionite for Zen over in Champions Online. Last quote I saw was around 430 to 1.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So instead of pve quests to get them active which would help everyone even recruits to get to 60 and beyond, help boost their rep, r&d and spec trees you make recruits rerun content they just did 3 weeks ago...I hope the bar stays at 0% and tell cryptic what a woeful idea this is. After all the talk of how awesome the event is this would show just how true that statement is.
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    is the progress bar bugged? says 0% for me even though i replayed the helix mission.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2015
    Shhhhhh . . . That place is going to be packed

"Look at the game, not the girl."

"I wish Rom was here."

"The game isn't rigged anymore."

"Buy yourself a drink. Maybe your luck will improve."

(Okay, so I've played Dabo a few times.)
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    oceansong wrote: »
    is the progress bar bugged? says 0% for me even though i replayed the helix mission.

It's a GLOBAL thing (it's 0% for everyone) ... like the last 4 weeks ... 1 guy (re)playing 1 Episode doesn't really matter ...

So it's ...

1. either bugged ...
    2. or people just don't want to replay Episodes, they already replayed with their Recruits 2 weeks ago, for 2k XP & 100 Dil, for some weird reason (who would've thought) ...

take your pick ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the secret strategy is obvious that Cryptic wants dil to rain down on us for in-game projects like upgrades, but be near-worthless for converting into Zen for buying from the store.
    If what they wanted was to dramatically devalue dil to that point while giving us more of it to use in-game, it would be much easier--and generate an enormous amount of player goodwill, at least at first--to raise the refining cap. Players would be showering praise on Cryptic all the way up until the point where the d:Z exchange rate shot up in proportion to the degree to which the cap was raised.

A lot of players think the refining cap is an annoying and pointless limitation that Cryptic set out of greed. While there are game balance reasons for it, it is actually to everyone's benefit, especially players trying to stay F2P. The fact that there is a fixed cap on the amount of dilithium that can enter the market on a daily basis is what keeps the exchange rate under control and low enough that it is perfectly viable to farm sufficient Zen to get all of the game's content for free, if that is what one wants to do.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Mission replays? So basically Spin the Wheel week. Alrighty then.

Hello,

There have been several posts mentioning "Spin the Wheel" as being a good way to do mission replays.

Can someone outline why?

I've had a look at the mission details here, and it doesn't appear particularly short? It's not like a patrol.

Or is it in fact, actually a short mission?

Or are the rewards good?

It doesn't seem like something that you can be "Away from keyboard" and complete - each bit of the puzzle requires running around somewhere.

I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Also, are there any other recommendations for "good" missions? Say a top three? (Doesn't have to be absolute, just throw some choices out there.)

If I were to do a replay, I'd hunt around. (As other people say, I've just redone the missions by creating three new Delta Recruits, soon to be a fourth, so I don't need to replay just yet. I've only just done them.)

My main Delta Recruit is at L53, Romulan (Federation). I've got there by only doing storylines. Just finished "Candle in a Hurricane" and I will state clearly that I'm no hurry to redo THAT particular mission. :)

Oh, but even with all that story and picking up every bit of Iconian tech, regular play each day since D.Rt, I'm still only about halfway through the Iconian Tech. pickups. But lots of people seem to have finished. . . maybe I'm doing non-essential missions (???). Maybe others play more?

Thanks, thedancingfox.

Main character ingame - Kristen (Fed).
  • emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Vendors & Exchange are excluded ... several DEV's including Trendy already told us ... it's basically "Dabo Week" afaik ... does it make any sense ... of course not ...

Yeah ... little late to the party ...

PS : Unless you really need huge amounts of GPL ... this entire Week is pointless, anyway ...

PPS : Just got 1750 GPL (Instead of 1000 GPL) for a simple "Dabo" => Dabo Week is ACTIVE !!

Kind thanks, this is what I needed to know. Though how is it infinitely scalable? Its 75% extra. Thats pretty finite.
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »

I'm beginning to think it's broke. I've been replaying the whole Klingon arc this after noon, and it hasn't moved one bit.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's a GLOBAL thing (it's 0% for everyone) ... like the last 4 weeks ... 1 guy (re)playing 1 Episode doesn't really matter ...

So it's ...

1. either bugged ...
    2. or people just don't want to replay Episodes, they already replayed with their Recruits 2 weeks ago, for 2k XP & 100 Dil, for some weird reason (who would've thought) ...

take your pick ...

can't it be both? :)
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think it's broke. I've been replaying the whole Klingon arc this after noon, and it hasn't moved one bit.

Well remember it took multiple days even to fill the "complete missions for the first time as a Delta recruit" meter all the way, and that was with apparently a majority of the population playing missions with relentless vigor, blazing towards 50 as if they were going to stop handing out levels tomorrow. Any one person playing missions is going to be an infinitesimal increment.
  • rexnebular51rexnebular51 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My fleet has been doing replays all day [10 hours now]. I know others have been doing the same. No progress on the DR bar. Still says 0%.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So a dilithium bonus week after a dilithium bonus weekend. Nice.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These bonuses haven't worked since the end of the first week. The Temp Officer has nothing.

Instructions are vague and since you guys are rounding vendor trash down, there went the bonus.

At the very least..please put the info somewhere ingame.

Thanks

Bonuses have been working just fine, have you not bothered to look?

What exactly do you mean the Temporal Officer has nothing? once you claim all the goodies of course he has nothing, the bonuses server side aren't claimed, its automatically given

What info do you want? Im all for finger pointing like Harrison Ford but, you cant be vague about it.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• rexnebular51rexnebular51 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately, Hartzilla, we have 7 days to reach Tier 1 for a 50% bonus and after almost 12 hours, the counter is still at 0%. At this rate, there's not going to be any bonus.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Holy TRIBBLE!!

Dil prices were insane before but are you guys seriosuly trying to set a new record for all time high dil prices on the exchange?? :confused:

We both know they're not trying...it's a factor of so much more coming on the market, and mostly affects people who've been hoarding dil for zen trades. I've been saving some, but this reinforces the decision to take care of my backlog of items to upgrade while waiting a month or 2.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I normally don't jump on the bandwagon, but i'm with them. FE rerun would be great
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    another one I won't really be taken my time on. If it involved all story mssions I would have been all over it but not replaying missions that I have already spent my time on.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On the bright side, since quest rewards are affected by the bonus, Tour the Galaxy is giving out some very generous EC. Even if you can't complete it, it's something like 40k per system visited.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster