What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Out in the Cold: Deferi Dilithium mission crashes

Comments

• Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is taking ages, when are they gonna fix it?

is it even marked as a "known issue " ( doubt it ) .It's not just this mission , dailies don't work either . So the entire Deferi map seems broken
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is taking ages, when are they gonna fix it?

Cryptic: PLEASE add this mission to your dev tracker. (At minimum, acknowledge this issue.)

With laughingtrendy out of the office, some of us wonder how bug reports are being upleveled/reported. Right now, this mission cannot be completed by normal means -- which ALSO affects the ability to complete the Delta Recruitment goals.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23621651&postcount=34

I just made this post in another thread about the same problem. I have been trying to do the map in different ways to try and track down the cause of the crash and it seems to be caused by the 7th group of Breen you have to face.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23621651&postcount=34

I just made this post in another thread about the same problem. I have been trying to do the map in different ways to try and track down the cause of the crash and it seems to be caused by the 7th group of Breen you have to face.
    I've had it happen with the third group and fifth groups. An earlier post was spot-on: when the client crashes, jump back in (and skip the client's auto-checking of the game files) and keep playing on. Rinse and repeat if it happens again (and again...)
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    I've had it happen with the third group and fifth groups. An earlier post was spot-on: when the client crashes, jump back in (and skip the client's auto-checking of the game files) and keep playing on. Rinse and repeat if it happens again (and again...)

Okay so I have the problem with the 7th and have had the problem with the third and fifth groups, can you remember what they were doing or consisted of at the time of the problem?

I seem to recall - and I will have to double check - is that someone said it was when they were throwing the freeze grenades. The more detail we can get as to what, where, and when the CTD occurs gets us closer to a potential fix.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    texasred79texasred79 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm also having this problem. I've had it crash during combat with the 2nd group and with one of the other groups later on (3 times in fact). I tried turning the graphics down to Crayon-mode (all the way to the bottom) and I still crash.

I'm running a GeForce GTX 660Ti, so this is happening with both ATI (from earlier people's posts) and nVidia drivers - having a hard time believing it's our video drivers when drivers from two different companies have the exact same problem. Regardless of graphics settings and regardless of who makes the graphics driver, people still crash - so I'm thinking it's not OUR graphics problems. The game has a bug and they need to fix this.

Oh - Fed Female Delta Recruit. Not sure how that would affect the game to make it crash, but they won't show me the source code.

:mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    texasred79 wrote: »
    I'm also having this problem. I've had it crash during combat with the 2nd group and with one of the other groups later on (3 times in fact). I tried turning the graphics down to Crayon-mode (all the way to the bottom) and I still crash.

I'm running a GeForce GTX 660Ti, so this is happening with both ATI (from earlier people's posts) and nVidia drivers - having a hard time believing it's our video drivers when drivers from two different companies have the exact same problem. Regardless of graphics settings and regardless of who makes the graphics driver, people still crash - so I'm thinking it's not OUR graphics problems. The game has a bug and they need to fix this.

Oh - Fed Female Delta Recruit. Not sure how that would affect the game to make it crash, but they won't show me the source code.

:mad:

no : I already established race doesn't matter . It crashes on FED DR as well as romulan and Klingon. Wondering if this latst patch fixed it ( not tempted to try it out immediately though :D )

It's the entire map as well, dailies don't work either ( there's a seperate thread for that )
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm stuck at the zaria system, now it's crashing upon clicking "continue"
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    gorg505gorg505 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    just adding to the reports of this happening, as it just happened twice to me.
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ticket # 3,417,194

My game crashed with the 5th, 6th(two times with this one) , 7th, and 8th groups.

I was finally fighting the last group when it crashed again!

Then when I was back on the game I had to start the ground section again! :mad:

I went to the 6th group and crashed again!

Edit: Again I had to start the ground section from the beginning.

Rage. Quit. :mad:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    fragtharfragthar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    The issue exists during the mission Out in the Cold within the Zaria system (during the "Deferi Dilithium" part of the mission).

Game crashes inside of the mine areas.

Usually the player reaches half of the objectives, then the game suddenly closes/crashes.

Allowing the client to auto-check the files before playing again doesn't fix anything.

I'm playing with a KDF Delta Recruitment toon. I cannot continue to progress until this issue is fixed.

I have the same issue.
    As soon as I get to the mine area where there is a transport inhibitor at each end of the area, and a breen npc dies, the game terminates.
    9 times out of 10, the crash reporter also terminates abruptly.
    There is no workaround, it always crashes at the same point of progress into the mission.

The game is unplayable in this state.
    I am unable to progress through the episodes, and as a result, unable to complete the Delta Recruit objectives.
  • Options
    haarddhaardd Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same here, since 4/30 update it crashes as soon as I engage the last group of breen in Deferi Dilithium
    I even tried re-downloading the hoggs
    LTS4LIFE
  • Options
    duntyrduntyr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just heard Gecko say on "Priority One Podcast" say that they've had a few bug issues with the release of the Delta Recruits and mission revamp "but nothing unexpected and well within tolerance." Well within tolerance?!? Really?!? None of us can advance our Delta Recruits! I'd say that is well outside "tolerance".
  • Options
    marcus2879marcus2879 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i got through the mission by going to non shaking points ( corridors ) and not using grenades.
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    same issue

passed first group then crashes on every group thereafter, twice on the boss fight. this has nothing to do with video cards or drivers, this is a purely a sto code problem with that mission. i had zero issues before the mission, and have had zero issues after. just that one mission.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I am convinced that PWE tech support is just a bot. I have repeatedly communicated to them that the problem is just on this one map and they send me the canned response: Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I understand that you are encountering some crashing issues with the game. Here are some possible solutions you may try:

1. Locate and delete the gameprefs.pref file on the game's installation folder: <install_dir>\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\gameprefs.pref

Kindly note that deleting this file will reset all your game preferences including keybinds, audio, and video settings to default. Afterwards, do a force verification of your game files. To do this,

I tell them again, it's just this one map, the rest of the game woks fine...Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

It'll be helpful to us if you could tell us some of your computer's information. Please submit a dxdiag log by following the steps below:
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I also encountered this crash.

I noticed that the cryptic error tracker dialog pops up, but it seems to fail geting a ticket id - so I guess even that doesn't get send out.

I didn't try the suggested workarounds yet, and now I haven't relogged quickly enough to get back into the mission progress and don't care right now to go through all of that again...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Good God Almighty! I got through it! I had to play it in one minute increments which was flippin' tedious, it crashed on me seven times but for a change I was getting logged back in at the point of interruption. (insert preferred string of profanity here) I think I managed to fire off a link to this forum discussion with one of the reporting dialog boxes, I had the link ready to paste and hit submit before it closed. Let's hope there is a human on the other end that will care enough to read it.
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's happening to me too. The game keeps crashing every time I get to a certain room on the map.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    As long as you can get logged back in at the point of interruption you can push your way through to the end. It will crash repeatedly and get tedious but you can eventually complete it and move on.

Of course PWE tech support is useless in this case. It's just a bot anyway, I'm convinced of that now. I could file a ticket saying I'm constipated and it would request I create a dxdiag log...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I finally managed to complete this mission . What I did was the following :

- first put the skills your team uses on the toolbar ( or at least ome of the long range ones ,like grenades , turrets etc )

- walk into the corridor

- my DR , who's an engineer, placed the lot ( disrupter turrets , shield gen, med gen ) .

- You fire ONE shot at the nearest foe and then you run back so you're out of Line of sight of said foe and your team kills the mobs (use the grenades and other team-skills you put on toolbar the entire time )

- you will repeatedly still have a CTD : immediately login again, no verify/force verify ( if you're lucky you'll continue where you left of )

- do not pick up any loot , this instantly crashes the client

although the next few missions also showed a CTD once or twice they were fairly easy to complete and showed no major issues ( not like this one,anyway)

But , this is vital : no picking up of any loot
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tried this, only to finish the last group off and be stuck in a pillar :/

"Stuck cannot be used. Try using transwarp if in space, or beam up if on ground."

Update:

Okay, alt-f4'ed and went back in, that got me out. Through Zaria and onward to the next part of Out in the Cold!
  • Options
    lonesquifflonesquiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mission continued to crash repeatedly for me. I wasn't always in combat when it happened. Using my rally point and keeping BOFFs in the tunnel part seemed to help and slowly I was able to progress just enough to complete it.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    marcus2879 wrote: »
    i got through the mission by going to non shaking points ( corridors ) and not using grenades.

This mission has not crashed on me...yet. However, the above quote got me thinking, under the control options of the UI for ground, do y'all have "Enable Camera Shaking" turned off? I always turn that off both on ground and in space as I find it extremely annoying and headache inducing.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lonesquiff wrote: »
    Mission continued to crash repeatedly for me. I wasn't always in combat when it happened. Using my rally point and keeping BOFFs in the tunnel part seemed to help and slowly I was able to progress just enough to complete it.

that's key, you have to run back yourself ( let your team kill the mobs ) . If the cryo-grenade visuals are anywhere near you , the client will crash instantly . So you have to run back to a quiet place while your team is busy . The boss in the final room is more tedious ...I just put down all the turrets ( of both my engi and one in my team ) when he first appeared . The client crashes about 3-4 times but you eventually kill the boss ....

Mind you : it's outrageous we have to come up with any of this stuff . They have time to make new ,fancy c-store ships every d**n week but are unwilling ( not unable..unwilling ) to fix these game-breaking bugs .

At numerous times past couple of weeks I have contemplated uninstalling the lot and be done with it and I'm not alone in having that feeling . I think Cryptic is completely unware just how big the discontent these days is . It's no longer a minority feeling this way . Then you have a serious problem as MMO-studio .
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lhoygow wrote: »
    This mission has not crashed on me...yet. However, the above quote got me thinking, under the control options of the UI for ground, do y'all have "Enable Camera Shaking" turned off? I always turn that off both on ground and in space as I find it extremely annoying and headache inducing.

no, I have had it crash with shaking turned off as well.In my opinion it has to do with client-server communication . The map is just too busy in a confined space .
  • Options
    vylaravylara Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This mission has now crashed on me three times in a row, at roughly the same spot.

I even turned off camera shake.

Cryptic, c'mon.. fix some of these bugs.
  • Options
    gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mad:I have the same problem with my character Dave the mission continue crashing in the same place and end of the tunnel. I doing already eight time many variable doing the same I don't what to do I was thinking with the maintenance today they will fix the problem, but continue with out fix the problem. What happened here. Please fix ASAP.

Thank you
  • Options
    newrooternewrooter Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I notice is I have to run this in safe mode or the game will crash on just loading into this mission.

Even in safe mode when you get to the room with the Vel'sh Tactician the moment you kill one of them the game will still crash for me.

Turning off camera shake helps the crashing in load but still the Vel'sh death crash still remains.
  • Options
    polethpoleth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i find it funny that no one from STO has posted to acknowledge that they are working on this.