test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your character background with Tovan Khev?

feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Romulan Discussion
For those of you that make bios for your characters. What is/was your relationship with Tovan on Virinat?

Echo Moiraine (Delta Recruit/Alien Gen): 21st century human college student. Signed up for an experimental cryo suspension experiment that was only supposed to last a week. Centuries later D'vex bought the canister from a ferengi and took it to Virinat. When Tovan opened it salvaging for parts he found me. Since then he has been tutoring me in what has happened in the past several hundred years and in basic romulan. I have been working with him in the local constabulary, handling odd jobs and helping to keep my new home running. He has been my first teacher and comrade in these trying times. And we won't let anyone mess with the other.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
Network engineers are not ship designers.
Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
Post edited by feiqa on

Comments

• Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sander Delvardus was a Tal Shiar Agent sent to Virinat to observe and determine if there was any involvement between them and the (at that time) newly emerging Romulan splinter government. That's how he initially met Tovan. As time went on and he discovered how despicable his agency had become, his loyalty to the Star Empire led to his betraying the Tal Shiar and taking out Hakeev. However, during that time he noticed how Tovan always seemed to steer things in his own direction, and how he never seemed to be the one in the line of danger. Upon further research he discovered that Tovan is actually a high-ranking member of the Tal Shiar, a deep-cover sleeper agent who's true memories and personality could be awoken at any time. He keeps Tovan on the crew so he can keep an eye on him and discover what plans the Tal Shiar have that involve him.

I'll just leave this from another post as my Tovan Backstory.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When my Rom moved to the Virinat colony, Tovan was one of the first people to go out of his way to make her feel welcomed. So she and he became friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Been friends for a couple of years now before the assault started.

My first Romulan I play as a Star Empire officer. So her relationship with Tovan is..... well, in my fanfic, she and he were friends from the age of 5. The colony they were on was one of the ones assimilated by the Borg in the erly 2360's. They remained friends all teh way through to their adult life. She was present at Virinat during the assault, but only for visiting her friend. Tovan joined her crew as an 'unofficial member of the Empire' to find his sister. Once she was found, he left her crew to remain on New Romulus with her (he isn't on awway team, nor ship stations. And he wears the TNG Rom uniform, like the rest of the crew).

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Interesting off-shoot of the other discussion.

An'riel had a very different life before Hobus and its after-effects burned the heart out of the Empire. It'd been a life intending to teach one the basic skills one needed to survive Romulan politics regardless of career. The chain of events that led her as a refugee to Virinat she prefers not to dwell on, but a definite desire for avoiding politics had been part of it.

She became full time water dowser for the perpetually dry settlement, and part-time militia member, as a sort of conscious effort to tie herself to something better than the RSE had been. As a result, she ended up working with Tovan, who's general level of higher passion ended up having them work together, An'riel falling into a sort of older sister role, with a tendency to spend time in the taprooms debating over what could or should be done for the greater Romulan people... a fairly common topic wherever refugees gathered out from the Tal Shiar's shadow, admittedly.

Unfortunately, thanks to Hakeev, the debates stopped being so hypothetical.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Klingulon is a Garidian (a Romulan client state appearing in the TNG game "A Final Unity"). My RR headcanon involves the Garidian Republic providing a large chunk of technology and aid to the Romulan Republic (first and foremost to explain the vast resources and Starships the RR got at it's disposal) as the fall of the Star Empire put the Garidians in a sudden position of power, roughly two decades after the violent uprisings on Garid and hroughout the Republic after the fifth scroll has been discovered went without any aid from the Star Empire and shattered the relations between the two powers. My character is one of the rare "full blood" soldier types I have in my roster as she already was a part of the Garidian Republican Guard when she was on a diplomatic mission on Virinat. Tovan is in this character's story also Garidian, albeit not a guardian but a civilian tagging along for diplomatic and trade relations on Virinat. I guess they became somewht friendly with each other and when hell broke loose he turned out to be a capable fighter and after the evacuation he was offered a position on her staff.

My Fed aligned Romulan wasn't actually on Virinat (I pretend ;)) and he also has no relation to Tovan Khev. Of course he's around, but he's just a random member of the colonial militia the character belongs to. After the Empire fell, the Garidians rushed in to provide support (and establish control over, of course) to a lot of colonies and worlds, soon finding their resources to be spread too thin. Some rather rushed diplomatic sessions with the UFP resulted in a few border colonies of little value to be set under Federation jurisdiction in exchange for Starfleet providing for a colonial militia that utilizes both somewhat outdated Romulan/Garidian and Starfleet assets (an Ambassador class in the character's case).

My projected headcanon for my stories is that the Romulan Republic will of course overpower the Garidians once again in the long run. They also will start waging war against the other powers at some point, basically repeating history.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I ignore Tovan Khev as much as I possibly can. He doesn't exist but for scrubbing the ****ters.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Kelah is half-Romulan, half-Reman; her parents moved to Virinat due to the discrimination they faced on more central worlds in the Star Empire. She grew up to be a cop of sorts, one of the senior members of the Virinat militia. She met Tovan Khev, a former Star Navy security officer, when he left the service and settled on Virinat. He became her right-hand man in the militia, assisting in drilling the rest in case of attack by local predators or (a very long shot) invasion from offworld.

The ironic part is that the colony was never attacked by predators; most of their training was for naught.

Now that Kelah has hooked up with the Republic fleet, Tovan has tagged along as her major-domo and first officer (of sorts; she doesn't run a terribly military vessel). He's also pretty good with the plasma-torpedo launcher.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For my primary LOR character, Lorina Lee (Human via aliengen): When Lorina's runabout crash-landed on Virinat, Tovan was the first of group of Romulans on the scene, and was the one that found an injured Lorina in the wreckage. While her wounds were serious, they were not beyond the ability of the healers. During her recouperation, Lorina and Tovan became good friends. Because she felt an obligation to the Virinat colonists, she chose to acclimate herself to Romulan customs and traditions. Tovan, along with D'vex (who had Lorina's wreck of a runabout stored on the old warbird) helped to teach her, and she helped the colony wherever she could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For my Romulan only character (as in, I am not advancing him past "Choosing Sides" part of "Turning Point" until they actually give us the neither option and remain pure Romulan), Senator Quintus Arrius, Toven Khev was one of the locals who worked at the Arrius noble family estate on Virinat. When events conspired to push Senator Arrius back into galactic politics, Tovan Khev happened to be one of the few retainers to survive and got caught up in wake. Senator Arrius mostly ignores Tovan Khev.

Draba of the Reman Resistance was on Virinat looking for support for the Reman Rebellion on behalf of Obisek. His presence was politely tolerated by Quintus Arrius, though Arrius was looking for an excuse to have Draba removed. That Draba was technically a citizen of the Klingon Empire (being from the Reman colony in the Klorgat System), and from a Reman colony Arrius worked behind the scenes to create only made his presence much more complicated. Tovan, having gotten bored serving the Noble Arrius family was greatly moved by Draba's words about fighting the Tal Shiar. After Hakheev's assault on Virinat, Tovan found himself fighting alongside Draba as an ally and comrade. While Draba retains some suspicion because Tovan is Romulan, Tovan has proved himself a reliable wingman and Draba has come to trust him to watch his back as he would trust one of his Reman bretheren.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    For my Romulan only character (as in, I am not advancing him past "Choosing Sides" part of "Turning Point" until they actually give us the neither option and remain pure Romulan), Senator Quintus Arrius, Toven Khev was one of the locals who worked at the Arrius noble family estate on Virinat. When events conspired to push Senator Arrius back into galactic politics, Tovan Khev happened to be one of the few retainers to survive and got caught up in wake. Senator Arrius mostly ignores Tovan Khev. (...)

I'm curious about this character - do you just stop playing at level 10 or 15 or did you actually grind it to high levels somehow? And if so, what can this character do? It should be locked out from basically anything?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Triana, born 2475, was very young when Shinzon became Praetor and threw the Star Empire into disarray. She witnessed the early struggles to rebuild the RSE from her home on Virinat, where the Korel family had moved their ale fields from Calanista on Romulus a few years prior. She remained on the rural world after the Hobus Incident - a tragedy that claimed her immediate family, who had been visiting the homeworld to market their goods, while Triana had remained on the estate to manage production.

Tovan Khev was one of many friends she had gotten to know over the years. Both of them were in the local security establishment, so had already been accustomed to working together on a regular basis. Triana was one of the more senior leaders, while Tovan enjoyed flying shuttles for airborne patrols.

After the escape from Virinat, they joined the Republic Fleet. They both settled into their natural positions - Triana being given a command post, and Tovan being her helmsman.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah interesting topic.

Lydia Mahariel, my Romulan was found living as a refugee by D'Vex a few years before 2409. He brought her to Virinat where she worked as a farmer and as part of the local security force/militia. According to the loremaster Tovan was also found by D'Vex at a mining colony relatively recently and was brought to Virinat. Obviously he was also put on the security team/militia.

It was inevitable that Lydia and Tovan would end up working together doing security work and it was during those short encounters that they became mild friends. This mild friendship continued on until the Tal Shiar invaded Virinat and they fought their way free and she assumed command of the old warbird in orbit.

Tovan just happened to be there escaping with her. He just happened to help her activate the old warbird and rescue a bunch of fellow colonists. Afterwards after they joined D'Tan's rebel movement, well, Tovan was a capable fighter and tactical officer so Lydia kept him around.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tovan who?

I kicked him off my bridge, and have been hanging with my other bros ever since Virinat.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I'm curious about this character - do you just stop playing at level 10 or 15 or did you actually grind it to high levels somehow? And if so, what can this character do? It should be locked out from basically anything?

Yes, pretty much the only thing this character can do is grind the intial Romulan story arc from the Suliban Helix to finding New Romulus. I actually re-created him after deleting my previous version. In both cases, I didn't advance them much past level 12. I got pretty tired of doing the same few missions over and over. I really wish I could grind some foundry missions just for variety, but alas, I cannot.

I am tempted to go ahead and grind him up to level cap just to see how those early missions really play when I am in a Dyson Psi-Destroyer, Command Warbird, or Intel ship, but I can easily to that with my KDF-allied Reman. I do kind of wonder what Cryptic/Perfect World would do if a majority of players created one of these Star Empire-Romulan only character, and did indeed do a power grind to level cap.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For my first Rom, he is a farm buddy from Virinat. Her first officer is a reman borg (LoR pack, technically, I had him before Tovan, since I opened the box before ending the tutorial). They share a rather similar bond than the Viceroy <-> Shinzon, or from another license, Chewbacca <-> Han Solo.

So, while the Reman is kinda like a big brother she can always trust, no matter what, Tovan is just a buddy I had on Virinat. Not the best one, but still I will not kick him, he is still a friend.

On my other 2 rom, I have no idea. It's difficult to have the same BOFF on 3 different character, and make it work. It's like "oh wait, I know that guy...". So I just pretend it's "a guy".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A good friend that helped my Romulan out. After she got there in hopes to start a new home. Where before she was just wondering the stars in a ship. Then the junk hit the fan and that just helped her gain more trust in him. Now he is her 1st officer and loyal trusted friend. And at times ask him for some advice to help her think of other ways of doing stuff.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For my Delta Recruit Fed-(Aliengen) Rom Engie, named Eurthyr:

My "alien" is from a group where the mantra "peace at all costs" means "kill all who aren't peaceful".

Having met Tovan, who already had his rebellious streak against the Empire in him, Eurthyr bled him for information, and reported it back to his high command.

When High Command was beginning their invasion preparations, Eurthyr reminded them of their previous beliefs that peace could be attained without killing all non-peaceful "barbarians". Banished to the hinterlands for his hearsay, Eurthyr instead went to Virinat and struck up a further relationship with Tovan, now both expatriates from their respective navies. When the Elachi and Tal'Shiar started their things, Eurthyr took up arms in support of his allies on Virinat, which eventually expanded to him being an "inside agent" attempting to stave off the conquering of the universe.

Having gathered a crew of Republicans and other "like minded" refugees like Satra, Hiven, etc., Eurthyr provides the calm, strategic viewpoint to Tovan's hot headed and impulsive nature. Despite Eurthyr's preference of naming Satra XO, Tovan frequently pipes up and reminds the crew of his concerns, one of which is how many of the recent ladies of the Romulan High Command - Donatra, Taris, Sela to name a few - have treated the Romulans, and he frequently (ab)uses his long standing friendship with Eurthyr in an attempt to practically run the ship - as he says it, "Romulans won't stand to take orders from an Alien, so let me do the ordering".

Whether or not Eurthyr likes it, he maintains his usual calm demeanor as Tovan goes about his merry way - and Satra makes sure the crew is closer to Eurthyr's plans than Tovan's. The primary reason Tovan remains aboard the Little Paradise is that Tovan's quite a crack shot with the phaser arrays...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Interesting idea... since you can't really get rid of him, build a story around him...
    I think I'll have to do this for my KDF aligned liberated borg female romulan...
    where to start?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Interesting idea... since you can't really get rid of him, build a story around him...
    I think I'll have to do this for my KDF aligned liberated borg female romulan...
    where to start?

The natural start involved Virinat. I would also look at the various options on how the character started out on Virinat, whether since foundation, recruited by the Maori, D'Vex, or even more recent arrival. How the player character met Tovan, whether on Virinat or before both arrived at Virinat should help you to craft a good backstory.
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    R'Tath worked alongside Tovan and Rinna in a organized mercenary group known as The Justicars, soon after the Hobus disaster they left to find R'Tath's brother Hanril and his two sisters Anitra and Tiva'raau. Anitra was found serving in the RSN but joined her brother, Tiva'raau was found working in a Romulan-only merc group known as the Raptor Wings, and Hanril was found serving as a bodyguard in a Denobulan reaserch station. Once they all were together they settled down on. Virinat. In that time R'Tath and Rinna started developing feelings for each other but that was cut short when Rinna signed onto the Usa'ken. The Tal Shiar attacked the colony a month later.

Ta'eth's relationship with Tovan started when Temer convinced her to leave the Tal Shiar. Her shuttle was shot down in orbit of Virinat by Tal Shiar fighters. She was lucky that Tovan found her in the wreckage and got her to the colony hospital. She chose to remain friends with Tovan and wanted to find the remnants of her family (her mother and three siblings died on Romulus). Tovan helped her get past greaving for her father after she watched him die. She is trying to find her two brothers but is having no luck.

Vranuk was born an orphan in the Reman mines. He was found in the mines by Zden who took him in and treated young Vranuk as if he was his own son. They eventually found a home on Crataris and Vranuk married Zden's daughter Veril. Vranuk was sent to Virinat to negotiate trade with the colony and that's where he met Tovan. They worked together to set up trade agreements with the Maiori and Obisek but it was cut short by the Tal Shiar attack.

Ta-da!
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tovan is my RR political officer. My Fed-Romulan is a member of the old guard, and would love to see his old Star Empire brought back from the ashes - without Sela, with our Reman brothers. He wants to see it rise again from the status of lackey Republic depending on hand-outs from the Federation or Klingon Empire to be able to stand toe-to-toe with them as a great power in the quadrant once again.

Tovan is the party stooge placed on my ship to keep an eye on me.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Tovan is my RR political officer. My Fed-Romulan is a member of the old guard, and would love to see his old Star Empire brought back from the ashes - without Sela, with our Reman brothers. He wants to see it rise again from the status of lackey Republic depending on hand-outs from the Federation or Klingon Empire to be able to stand toe-to-toe with them as a great power in the quadrant once again.

Tovan is the party stooge placed on my ship to keep an eye on me.

So you said in another thread that the Republic is just a bunch of Federation and Empire bootlickers, if you take it that way then you've just called the 'Star Empire' a bootlicking faction. :D:D

And the Republic CAN be everything the empire was and more, at least the RR is not run by psychotic, corrupt, d*ckheads like your empire Ugly Spock
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    So you said in another thread that the Republic is just a bunch of Federation and Empire bootlickers, if you take it that way then you've just called the 'Star Empire' a bootlicking faction. :D:D

And the Republic CAN be everything the empire was and more, at least the RR is not run by psychotic, corrupt, d*ckheads like your empire Ugly Spock

Come come now, this is not a thread to start flame wars. This is where people put their backstory with Tovan.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    where to start?

Well the lore keeper on Virinat will tell you Tovan is someone recruited by D'vex four years prior. And she will ask when you came. And you can claim to be native, immigrated or a D'vex recruit, I think you can even claim to be a member of the maori's crew.

So where do you come from? Once you know that you can see where you might have met Tovan.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    sharksinspacesharksinspace Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My character was one of the deputies on Virinat and around the same age as Tovan Khev and kind of considered himself sort of his keeper. More recently he had been attempting to make Tovan into a more behaved and productive member of society. They were training Tovan to be a fellow deputy when the Elachi invasion happened.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »

Touchy subject?

I don't see how I called the RSE a bootlicking faction. I said the RR was.

The Senate itself was never the problem, that's why Shinzon killed them. The Senate could limit the power of the Praetor. He knew they could stand in his way. So, in one fell swoop, the governing body of the Empire was eliminated and after Shinzon was killed, the power grab began.

Unfortunately, the Tal Shiar was allowed to get too big, too powerful. It conducted quite a lot of activities (allegedly) without the knowledge of the Senate. Sela is largely to blame for that, and I am all for seeing her head on a pike somewhere. The Tal Shiar can't exist again - at least not in the same manner it did. We do need an intelligence service, but it must have significant oversight.

The Remans need to be reintegrated as well. It was foolish to oppress them for as long as they were, and now it would be impossible to subjugate them again. They need representation in the Senate, and rights as every other Romulan.

Anyway, in this game we have the Romulan Republic and no Romulan Star Empire. It is not an independent faction, but it is dependent on either the United Federation of Planets or the Klingon Empire. Therefore, the Romulan Republic as it stands, is a puppet of the UFP or KE, because we are beholden to them for many things. I want a truly independent Romulan faction and it should be a new RSE.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Touchy subject?

I don't see how I called the RSE a bootlicking faction. I said the RR was.

The Senate itself was never the problem, that's why Shinzon killed them. The Senate could limit the power of the Praetor. He knew they could stand in his way. So, in one fell swoop, the governing body of the Empire was eliminated and after Shinzon was killed, the power grab began.

Unfortunately, the Tal Shiar was allowed to get too big, too powerful. It conducted quite a lot of activities (allegedly) without the knowledge of the Senate. Sela is largely to blame for that, and I am all for seeing her head on a pike somewhere. The Tal Shiar can't exist again - at least not in the same manner it did. We do need an intelligence service, but it must have significant oversight.

The Remans need to be reintegrated as well. It was foolish to oppress them for as long as they were, and now it would be impossible to subjugate them again. They need representation in the Senate, and rights as every other Romulan.

Anyway, in this game we have the Romulan Republic and no Romulan Star Empire. It is not an independent faction, but it is dependent on either the United Federation of Planets or the Klingon Empire. Therefore, the Romulan Republic as it stands, is a puppet of the UFP or KE, because we are beholden to them for many things. I want a truly independent Romulan faction and it should be a new RSE.

See my reply in the Dead Star Empire thread

• Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    where to start?

I made the decision to ignore him and come up with my own background story as it seemed to make it too generic, since they meant for the Romulan story to be single player instead of a broad range of players contributing. and not everyone can have him/want him on their ship.

A brief description of My character is that was born on Romulus Decades before the disaster, and has served in the Star navy fighting the Tal'shiar and defending the Empires territory.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]