test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - April 28, 2015

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150401a.28.

General:
  • Resolved an issue which was causing players who purchased the Intrepid Bundle to not receive the Fleet Module discount when attempting to purchase the T6 Fleet Long Range Science Vessel.
  • Resolved an issue which caused a small drop in FPS for all maps.
  • Added new Iconian Ship death explosion animation.
  • Iconian ships have improved warp out animation.

Content:
  • Borg Red Alerts:
    • Reward packs are now automatically unpacked when received and function just like system patrol rewards such as in the Delta Quadrant.
    • The daily repeatable missions for these have been removed.
    • Added a 30 minute cooldown to each Borg Red Alert.
    • Each Borg Red Alert requires the Captain to be at least level 50 to enter.
  • “Blood of Ancients”:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing the camera to shake in the first cutscene.
    • Added small amounts of VO and music which were missing.
  • “Delta Flight”:
    • Resolved an issue where the Iaidon Dreadnought would not fight in stage 2 and 3 of the encounter with it.
    • Added small amounts of VO and music which were missing.
    • Closed up holes in the asteroid cave which occasionally could trap players or allies.
  • “Fluid Dynamics”
    • Resolved an issue which was causing KDF Captains to not be able to enter this episode.
    • Resolved an issue where allies would sometimes not help the players.
  • Updated the cutscene of the Romulan ship abduction at the end of "Cutting the Cord," in light of recent story revelations.
  • The Iconian is no longer missing from the ending cutscene of "Surface Tension."
  • Battle Group Omega location now has an object in Sector Space which represents it.

Known Issues:
  • Some items are missing in a player’s Account Bank, Fleet Bank, Exchange, and Mail.
    • There is a fix currently being worked on for this and no items will be permanently lost.
  • Foundry functions will temporarily not be available when Season 10: The Iconian War goes to Holodeck on 4/21/15.
  • The Radiant Antiproton Pulsewave Assault Weapon is missing audio effects.
  • Occasionally, when accepting a new Episode, the sub tasks under the episode name will not initially appear in the mission tracker.
    • In order to make these appear, the player can open the journal and either clear or make the episode the primary mission or transfer maps.
  • KDF players do not appear in the scoreboard at the end of a PVP match.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• jackalope#2332 jackalope Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about Encoded Data Receivers from Iconian Tier Rep, Temporal Beacons, Tal Shiar Command Codes not being able to be used? This has to be an easy fix!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any ETA on the huge reward disparity between episode replays(192 dilithium) and patrol missions(480 dilithium)? Because we were told that rewards were supposed to be based on time, regardless of the type of content, and episode replays reward less for more time.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This all well and good but we need a lag fix ASAP game unplayable!!! really unplayable

the lag is a very well know issue and from what has been said is a hardware issue that is being addressed as fast as possible
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • xbpathfinderxbpathfinder Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unplayable. Will leave soon... Unless fixed.
    100k Dps Member =) Flying in space is great! When there is no lag...
    dps.shivtr.com/
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow, looks like the item bug could continue for over a week, that's slightly unusual for a bug of this magnitude.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i agree mark which means this is a tough bug to track down and squash but good to see some fixes for content :)
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Known Issues:

So is Doffing "working as intended" ... because I could think of mulitple things that seems wrong/off ... but I haven't seen any DEV Response on the matter ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    * Lag all around the game still not fixed.
    * Missing items still not returned.
    * Tal shiar command codes, datachips, etc. still unusable
    * Sector space DOFF missions not updating properly is not even a known issue
    * Not working Improved Pedal to the Metal not even a known issue
    * New lockobx Tac,Eng and Sci power not interacting properly with related traits not even a known issue
    * Constant crashing in Zaria system mission not even a known issue
    * R/D Crafting traits including the engineering one not doing anything at all is still not a known issue
    * W to S epic mod on warp cores not doing anything still not even a known issue
    * KDF players do no appear in the scoreboard in PVP EVER SINCE DR is released. Looks like no one even gives a c**p.

But nice patch, the most important thing is they fixed the camera shake in blood of the ancient. hooray.

Also nice going nerfing borg alerts.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about Encoded Data Receivers from Iconian Tier Rep, Temporal Beacons, Tal Shiar Command Codes not being able to be used? This has to be an easy fix!

I had the same issue with a Tal'shiar command code I got from a lock box but found there is a workaround for such items.

Open the available skills window ('P' key by default; or click the button on the right edge of skill tray), find your item and drag it to your skill tray, then click it on your skill tray to activate it. This worked for me and I was able to start the doff assignment for the Tal'shiar command code item. If you don't see it in the skills window on a ground map try beaming to your ship and doing it in space. Make sure you don't have an overflow bag button at the bottom of your inventory. If you do then open it and remove all items (if it won't open you'll need to completely shut the game down and relaunch it).
  • jackalope#2332 jackalope Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same issue with a Tal'shiar command code I got from a lock box but found there is a workaround for such items.

Open the available skills window ('P' key by default; or click the button on the right edge of skill tray), find your item and drag it to your skill tray, then click it on your skill tray to activate it. This worked for me and I was able to start the doff assignment for the Tal'shiar command code item. If you don't see it in the skills window on a ground map try beaming to your ship and doing it in space. Make sure you don't have an overflow bag button at the bottom of your inventory. If you do then open it and remove all items (if it won't open you'll need to completely shut the game down and relaunch it).

Dude you're the freaking man! Totally Works!!!
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The most pressing issue is the crashes on loading for many, many people. I have yet to even see this acknowledged.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    * Lag all around the game still not fixed.
    * Missing items still not returned.
    * Tal shiar command codes, datachips, etc. still unusable
    * Sector space DOFF missions not updating properly is not even a known issue
    * Not working Improved Pedal to the Metal not even a known issue
    * New lockobx Tac,Eng and Sci power not interacting properly with related traits not even a known issue
    * Constant crashing in Zaria system mission not even a known issue
    * R/D Crafting traits including the engineering one not doing anything at all is still not a known issue
    * W to S epic mod on warp cores not doing anything still not even a known issue
    * KDF players do no appear in the scoreboard in PVP EVER SINCE DR is released. Looks like no one even gives a c**p.

But nice patch, the most important thing is they fixed the camera shake in blood of the ancient. hooray.

Also nice going nerfing borg alerts.

Dunno if these are game-wide, I haven't experienced these aside from the Tal Shiar Command Codes.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... lol wut?

Red Alerts are key part of raising skill at low levels. Is why the 2x skill multiplier even exists.

And now you are going to lock them out?
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... lol wut?

Red Alerts are key part of raising skill at low levels. Is why the 2x skill multiplier even exists.

And now you are going to lock them out?

Raising skill on low levels? You can get to lvl 50 on story missions alone, almost all my toons did.

And that was before I got the LTS.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Raising skill on low levels? You can get to lvl 50 on story missions alone, almost all my toons did.

And that was before I got the LTS.

you can get there faster if you take the Red Alerts that pop up all the time

story missions suck the 10th time through
  • prolegapprolegap Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Resolved an issue where allies would sometimes not help the players.

Since you're fixing old issues, could it be possible to fix the years old miscategorization of all of the costume parts for the Fleet Scourge Destroyer? The ship customization interface still thinks the Scourge parts belong to the Gorn Draguas, and asks me to pay 1500 zen to use them, making it impossible to customize the ship at all.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This all well and good but we need a lag fix ASAP game unplayable!!! really unplayable
    Unplayable. Will leave soon... Unless fixed.
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150401a.28.

[*]Resolved an issue which caused a small drop in FPS for all maps.

hey...you know what that looks like?

a lag fix!
      they're getting there, give them time.
      27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
      edited April 2015

Would it be possible to use that for historical datachips.

It's interesting when I look at the accolades for the Path to 2409, most of them are just missing. I don't know how that works.
      tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
      "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
      edited April 2015
      I broke down what Borg Red Alerts give you now on tribble and on holodeck using Orellius as a baseline:
      http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3489vm/borg_red_alert_changes_on_tribble_4282015/
    • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      ...and yet another patch goes by with still no fix (nor even mention in "known issues") for kdf players with a defective T5U tholian orb weaver with no sensor analysis.
    • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      The game is currently unplayable with the lag. All other issues need to be dropped and priority set to fixing the lag.
    • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
      edited April 2015

[...]
      Content:
      • Borg Red Alerts:
        • Reward packs are now automatically unpacked when received and function just like system patrol rewards such as in the Delta Quadrant.
        • The daily repeatable missions for these have been removed.
        • Added a 30 minute cooldown to each Borg Red Alert.
      [...]

Two issues come to mind.

1) There are a bunch of accolades associated with the various Borg alerts. Rendering them incompleteable would be ... unfortunate.

2) I am wary of the cooldown. Does that mean my character cannot enter ANY of the various Borg RAs that used to be around? Can he only not enter the recently completed RA? Can we SEE 'before' using the warp to option on the RA button that we are on cooldown for that RA? Because currently you can only tell which Borg RA it is after you warped there.

---snip---

And my personal opinion: Making it even harder for the average Joe to get decent amounts of specialization experience is the wrong approach.
      Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
    • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Does the "Cutting The Cord" update mean the asteroid has also been replaced, seeing as they seem to have tossed out the Obex? (that one ship with the violet cloud)
    • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      What about the freighters in sector space? No trade ships any more?
    • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
      edited April 2015
      captz1pp wrote: »
      Does the "Cutting The Cord" update mean the asteroid has also been replaced, seeing as they seem to have tossed out the Obex? (that one ship with the violet cloud)

No. /10char
    • kyhas1kyhas1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Thanks for your continued hard work.

Was hoping to see the new elite Xindi hanger pets make this list, i guess my elite will spawn advanced for another week then.
    • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I broke down what Borg Red Alerts give you now on tribble and on holodeck using Orellius as a baseline:
      http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3489vm/borg_red_alert_changes_on_tribble_4282015/

OK, thanks for that. It might not be that bad of a change, BUT:
      - Isn't Tribble still under the double XP event guise? It would put the updated Red Alerts at 'only' double xp of current holodeck (which is still nice, sure).
      - Is the 30 min lockout applying for ANY Borg Red Alert, or only for the specific sector Borg Red Alert (and, uh, yes, you don't know what sector a current RA will take you to in the mission window).
      - Locking it to lvl 50 is unfortunate, it's been fun figting the Borg in low-tier vessels. And it's a welcome change of pace from story missions (when you run a dozen or two of story missions, a very welcome change of pace).

Either way, seems like this is a plus for those that are level 50 that are doing it for marks (small quantities but still more than before).

It's a bad change for those that liked to run it at lower levels and/or to get xp (despite the added xp, you can now run many, many red alerts in half an hour, that will apparently not continue to be possible) and/or to get the associated accolades.

All in all, where revamps go, that's on the better side, but I still can't say I like it. I was rather in the group 'bad change' above.

Otherwise some nice fixes, but why is the account/fleet bank and mail item change to dynamic taking so long? That's one bug that I considered caused by an oversight, which should be easily fixed. Apparently I was wrong...
      TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
      Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
      Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Server lag needs to take #1 priority gents. I'm glad yall are hammering out the bugs and all but whats the point if lag is nerve wreckingly bad. ;)
    • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Updated the cutscene of the Romulan ship abduction at the end of "Cutting the Cord," in light of recent story revelations.

Still retconning the story I see .

Not that the is anything more important to do .

... I know , I know , what could be more important then "THE FRIKK'N ICONIANS DID IT !!!!!!!" . Remind us again how you're planning to shortchange the Iconians by shortening this "war" to a few skirmishes ... ?

#GameUnplayable
    • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Any ETA on the kdf PvP leaderboard issue please? Its been know for a long time now!