test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game nearly unplayable due to lag.

heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
Extreme rubberbanding in sector alerts and PVP zones. Cooldowns not registering correctly - any time I find myself needing to activate a boff power which appears ready to use, I click it, and am given an additional 2-5 second cooldown (even if the power was ready for at least 5 seconds.) After this second cooldown is up, the power again becomes available, I click it, and it takes another 2-3 sec to activate.

It is completely impossible to maneuver your ship correctly at times. It is possible to point your ship at your target, fire your forward weapon battery, have nothing happen, and then 5 seconds later have your forward fire emerge from your ship's TRIBBLE long after you've crossed the target. Then you rubberband some more. Then, to mix things up, your powers stop working altogether for a few seconds.
I AM WAR.
Post edited by heckgoblin on

Comments

• patrokoluspatrokolus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, exactly, the lag is a total turn off
  • captainblueshoescaptainblueshoes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    saw a post before season 10 something about their system not being able to handle it and this story about a guy who keeps building on his home when the engineer told him not to. the guy hit the nail on the head.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i've been playing my level 60 for about 2.5 hours now without any lag. it's not everyone having a problem.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The odd thing to all this... I'm in Australia, if there is a major latency issue, I should be experiencing it... I am not...

In fact, STO has been running smoother than ever for me and there are many people who are not having any issues what so ever... The problem is not universal...

The latency issues are apparently related to something at the ISP Cryptic use to host STO's servers and are being looked into...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, there are times when STO runs smoother than a pureed baby's bottom, but they're rare. 90% of the time, there's enough lag to make me alt+F4 and play something that doesn't connect to the internet via smoke signals.
    I AM WAR.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Heh, without any of the "traits"...and in a group where folks weren't sporting buff bars from NY to LA...I wished I'd recorded it, could have taken bets on when weapons would actually fire again. Was more like a sightseeing tour of the Borg than shooting them. Hitting up missions, running around social areas, flying through sector space, etc, etc, etc...fine...Hell, even hitting up CCA - fine. ISA...yeah...not doing that again. I joke about punch the wall lag but I almost did....so yeah...not doing that again.

edit: I mean, seriously, 10-15 folks at a Planet Killer spamming everything they've got - with pets out the wahzoo (hangar, Photonic, Fleet, friendly NPCs) - while the Undine are spamming snot and rifts...should not offer massively better performance than five folks fighting a Tac Cube.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Those of you not experiencing lag what settings are you playing the game on ?, Not just graphics but the HUD do you have damage floaters on ? names of enemy targets/Health set as always or never ?. Show enemy fighters ext ?

I was finding the interact buttons were delayed and unresponsive so turned bloom effects to low and there was a major improvement in there function and Voth Battle Zone which i was in also became more fluid as on the previous settings it was almost slow motion. (Which is strange as i would;t thought this wouldn't effect that function)

I've mentioned it before but Infected Space seems to be the worst culprit for the LAG and Rubber banding. Although it does occur on other maps, It's nothing as severe as i've seen when in Infected
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive found its only certain missions that have lag, infected is one of them.

It seems missions that have a ton of stuff going on are bogging it down while the lesser stuff missions seem to be fine. Although I have no concrete evidence to support any theory at this time either then there is lag sometimes, and its bad when there is.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Extreme rubberbanding in sector alerts and PVP zones. Cooldowns not registering correctly - any time I find myself needing to activate a boff power which appears ready to use, I click it, and am given an additional 2-5 second cooldown (even if the power was ready for at least 5 seconds.) After this second cooldown is up, the power again becomes available, I click it, and it takes another 2-3 sec to activate.

It is completely impossible to maneuver your ship correctly at times. It is possible to point your ship at your target, fire your forward weapon battery, have nothing happen, and then 5 seconds later have your forward fire emerge from your ship's TRIBBLE long after you've crossed the target. Then you rubberband some more. Then, to mix things up, your powers stop working altogether for a few seconds.

DITTO to all of the above PLUS I'll be flying along in combat (or running in ground combat), line up on a target and *BAM*... my POV suddenly switches and I'm staring straight up or straight down or just anywhere but at the target! Very frustrating :mad:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Itz beeing "investigated"...... haha

Same issues for me for weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    The lag is not related to network issues. It's due to the game engine not being able to handle all the new shiny toys released since DR.
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    The lag is not related to network issues. It's due to the game engine not being able to handle all the new shiny toys released since DR.

Totally agree. If it were network issues my highest Tracert time wouldn't be 49MS.

This run was one I did earlier today. https://youtu.be/yHXaY2qP1ig. It involves a full group of 75k members doing a typical 3/2 split, the fastest way to take ISA down. It took longer than going from Left to right and at the 5 minute mark we left the instance.

I can run things doing anything by myself up to and prior to starting a group run WITHOUT issue at maximum graphics or min graphics with the same result.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    I'd have to agree.

Delta Rising introduced a cascade of unintended consequences that they've been unwilling - or unable - to deal with. It's impacted more than just those of wiling to stay and play.

Delta Recruits was a bid to rebuild the lost playerbase. If anyone says that's not the reason why they've given away the store, they're deluding themselves. The problem isn't with the promotion - it's very cool - but if you can't play because the game 'doesn't work - all the free TRIBBLE in the world is meaningless.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to refit my ship for exploration and discovery... I mean excessive Diplomatic Powered Sensors.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd have to agree.

Delta Rising introduced a cascade of unintended consequences that they've been unwilling - or unable - to deal with. It's impacted more than just those of wiling to stay and play.

Delta Recruits was a bid to rebuild the lost playerbase. If anyone says that's not the reason why they've given away the store, they're deluding themselves. The problem isn't with the promotion - it's very cool - but if you can't play because the game 'doesn't work - all the free TRIBBLE in the world is meaningless.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to refit my ship for exploration and discovery... I mean excessive Diplomatic Powered Sensors.
    Totally agree. If it were network issues my highest Tracert time wouldn't be 49MS.

This run was one I did earlier today. https://youtu.be/yHXaY2qP1ig. It involves a full group of 75k members doing a typical 3/2 split, the fastest way to take ISA down. It took longer than going from Left to right and at the 5 minute mark we left the instance.

I can run things doing anything by myself up to and prior to starting a group run WITHOUT issue at maximum graphics or min graphics with the same result.

Sorry that you guys are having issues, but I can guarantee you that I've had little to no problems since DR was released in terms of gameplay performance. STO runs just about as good as it always has. The only problem I ever have now is an old (ugly) costume that I got rid of keeps showing up during cutscenes. But that's not related to latency or gameplay that's a bug.

My point is that while I understand that it sucks, since nothing has changed on my end, I'm suspect that it's a performance issue.. unless your specs aren't up to date.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As the poster above me said, only some people are getting lag. I for one, and I am very grateful for this, have had just about zero lag since Delta Rising launched. Further, as STO is the only MMO I play (I do play SWTOR sometimes but not currently) and I don't have any single-player games I need to get through I have put fairly substantial hours in during recent months. Only at the launch of Delta Recruitment (Day 1 and 2) and on the launch Day of Season 10 did I have any rubberbanding at all. And it was minor except during one queue of the Herald Sphere.

I am very sorry to everyone who has these problems, but the idea that it is a problem with the engine are just ill-informed hearsay. If there was a fatal error in the game itself (And not the ISP or even sometimes the user's computer not being up to snuff anymore or having outdated drivers) and its engine we would all be having problems. As plenty of us are obviously not, it must have to do with server connections, the ISP, or your computers.

That still dosen't take the ball out of Cryptic's court though as this has been a long reported issue and no players should have to endure it endlessly.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It really comes down to a combination of factors, I am not going to make any friends with this but I fixed "teh lag" and banding quite awhile ago on my end.

1) First thing I did was turn off floaters across the board.
    2) I dialed back the graphics settings.
    3) Learned to avoid the queues certain times of the day, if there are 20 or more instances of stuff running the game is going to have issues.
    4) Changed up my build -- instead of stacking buffs, traits and trying to maximize procs I went the other route... I build for fun now rather than pure min/max or DPS-munchkin.
    5) Lastly I got off of cable and went to DSL. Fewer people on the DSL these days, meaning more resources for my use. This had the second biggest impact after 1 and 2.

Its time for people to face it: The STO engine is good, but it is kinda old. With the graphics turned to max and having everything else running on top of that (floaters, buff-stacks/math-wizardry) you are going to end up with issues. Sometimes some of us can get lucky by popping new drivers or springing for more ram/new video card. Not all of us can do that... and when it happens on last year's top of the line card I realized it was time to make changes on MY side of the screen.

The development team can only do so much. It is up to us to game responsibly and try various setting combinations rather than run "balls out" and complain when the game goes :DY:D-up

As for the actual connection issues, happens to me sometimes. The internet is a series of tubes, and sometimes those tubes collapse, leak, get plugged up, get disconnected. I've had times where I couldn't get the launcher to update... I simply waited it out and eventually got back in.
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    Sorry that you guys are having issues, but I can guarantee you that I've had little to no problems since DR was released in terms of gameplay performance. ...snip...

Then why are you posting here? if you have no problems then you do not have a horse in this race.
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    As the poster above me said, only some people are getting lag. I for one, and I am very grateful for this, have had just about zero lag since Delta Rising launched. ...snip...

Again, why are you even posting then? Just because some people do not have a problem does not mean there isn't a problem with the game.

There is a problem with the game, severe lag and misfiring abilities, that started with DR and has gotten progressively worse since then. It's not affecting everyone, but it is affecting a lot of people; more and more as the months go on.

It is not related to network or the players computers. It is a problem with the game engine. All the new specializations, intel and command ship mechanics, synergizing and stacking traits, etc.. are causing a lot of grief to players.

you can go ahead and dismiss it as "computers not being up to snuff" or ISP issues; you're the one who is misinformed. Several devs and the CM have acknowledged the issues and have stated that it is being worked on. There have even been some unpublished "under the hood" changes done to the game that seemed to have mitigated some of the issues on Tribble; but although the changes did make it to Holodeck, they didn't seem to fix anything...

So yes there is a severe problem with the game right now, and it's getting worse. It's been going on for months. Those of use who are suffering through the issues would like to see more transparancy on this issue. Let us know what is going on and what is being done.

Just because some of the players don't have any issues will not stop other players who do have problems from posting about them. Trust me, this issue affects enough people, and is affecting more players the longer it remains an issue, that you will be seeing a lot more posts about it.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2015

on the ground in bug hunt elite you hardly have any lag at all, once and a while you do get lag but not often

in space like infected...........It can be like a slide show,,,,,you got a lot more stuff moving in BHE than in space

personally I believe most of it is the Traits acting up again
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited April 2015
    To keep the thread honest by showing the game isn't unplayable for everyone.

Who cares? that isn't even an issue. the issue is that there are people with a severe problem with the game. those who do not have any problems, like you, are irrelevant.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    The argument of 'I don't have a problem, therefore there isn't a problem' is a bit disingenuous.

The loot critter ran a bunch of tests and found lag virtually everywhere. If you're running the episodes, the lag isn't that bad. If you're in an STF it's a different story.

I get the impression that that we're just screaming into the vacuum. Cryptic doesn't see that a stable connection is required for a decent bottom line. For that reason, I'm not spending anymore money until something is acknowledged, and steps are taken to change that condition.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Who cares? that isn't even an issue. the issue is that there are people with a severe problem with the game. those who do not have any problems, like you, are irrelevant.

Because people are misrepresenting what the problem actually is. The point is that if you can show that some people aren't having the same problems with most things being equal (like I have a DSL 3 mb connection) without any latency issues, then I can clear up the matter that it's probably not entirely a game engine issue as some people are trying to claim.

I run a 4 gig ram triple core Phenom processor with a 1 tb harddrive (definitely not solid state :( ) with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 750. Most of this is not recent with the exception of the graphics card, but even that's low end because when I had to replace it I didn't have the money for anything too great. Everything else was built in 2010 so that I would be able to play STO. My PC isn't that new, and so it seems to me it isn't as much of a performance issue as some were making it out to be.

But go ahead, misrepresent the problem so that you're not giving solid information to the developers and support. It's not like they need that sort of feedback.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Then why are you posting here? if you have no problems then you do not have a horse in this race.

Again, why are you even posting then? Just because some people do not have a problem does not mean there isn't a problem with the game.

There is a problem with the game, severe lag and misfiring abilities, that started with DR and has gotten progressively worse since then. It's not affecting everyone, but it is affecting a lot of people; more and more as the months go on.

It is not related to network or the players computers. It is a problem with the game engine. All the new specializations, intel and command ship mechanics, synergizing and stacking traits, etc.. are causing a lot of grief to players.

you can go ahead and dismiss it as "computers not being up to snuff" or ISP issues; you're the one who is misinformed. Several devs and the CM have acknowledged the issues and have stated that it is being worked on. There have even been some unpublished "under the hood" changes done to the game that seemed to have mitigated some of the issues on Tribble; but although the changes did make it to Holodeck, they didn't seem to fix anything...

So yes there is a severe problem with the game right now, and it's getting worse. It's been going on for months. Those of use who are suffering through the issues would like to see more transparancy on this issue. Let us know what is going on and what is being done.

Just because some of the players don't have any issues will not stop other players who do have problems from posting about them. Trust me, this issue affects enough people, and is affecting more players the longer it remains an issue, that you will be seeing a lot more posts about it.

No need to get hostile, if you read my post you would also know that I said those of you with such problems have my utmost sympathies. I also said that the ball was still in Cryptic's court as such a lingering problem is unexceptable. But as sopwithsnipe said, it is important in any debate to have all sides represented. If it were just a simple problem with the game's matrix being overloaded then we would all have the issue, but we don't. Therefore there must be more to it than that. Ignoring this will only make finding the fault more difficult for the devs. As for transparency, I'm afraid you are kidding yourself. I started college as a business major and there is a reason I switched away. The current state of business across the globe is one of keeping secrets from both customers and investors. A group on a forum, no matter how many of you there are, will never get transperancey from a corporation like Perfect World (and by defacto since they control them Cryptic) We, the individual consumer, simply do not matter enough to put out the effort or take the risk.

Also, as I said, I have had my first small bits of lag thanks to the influx from Delta Recruitment. As such, you need to consider that while extreme server overload is not the heart of the problem it just might have been exacerbating it these last weeks. Just to preempt you from getting upset I will repeat that I do NOT think that is the main problem, just that it is making it worse. When the event ends and the Season premiere is old news you might see some improvement. Pehaps not a lot, but some.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure if any of ddesjardins' comment "The argument of "I don't have a problem, therefore there isn't a problem" is a bit disingenuous" was directed at my post, but if it was you really didn't read it. I never said the problem wasn't of the utmost importance to fix. I may not have much lag, but I lived through the "season" of endless power tray resets. I do understand frustration at Cryptic's slowness at fixing things.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    Sorry that you guys are having issues, but I can guarantee you that I've had little to no problems since DR was released in terms of gameplay performance. STO runs just about as good as it always has. The only problem I ever have now is an old (ugly) costume that I got rid of keeps showing up during cutscenes. But that's not related to latency or gameplay that's a bug.

My point is that while I understand that it sucks, since nothing has changed on my end, I'm suspect that it's a performance issue.. unless your specs aren't up to date.

for the 10000000th time, it is not a computer spec issue nor has it been since people starting having this problem, why? because a majority of people starting having massive rubber banding problems and other lag orientated issues at roughly the exact same time which is more than a coincidence.

Just because you don't experience it doesn't mean that it isn't their servers.
    in all likelihood the servers are throttling connections randomly for some unknown reason causing packet loss which will cause rubberbanding, frankly the moment so many people started having problems they should of made an announcement about it and started looking into it as usual though they are "cryptic" about it or rather completely silent on the matter.
    edited April 2015
    Accusing people who are reporting little to no problems with lag of ignoring the issue is just as disingenuous. Being truthful about who is and isn't having problems, helps the devs discover patterns of when the problems occur and narrow down what's ultimately causing the problems.

not the point, "some" people who are not experiencing the issue are coming here and automatically blaming peoples computers when its practically obvious that it isn't a user issue its a client issue to expand on that its a server issue.

"it doesn't happen to me therefore the servers are fine" pfft.

^thats whats annoying people.
    edited April 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    1) First thing I did was turn off floaters across the board.
    2) I dialed back the graphics settings.
    3) Learned to avoid the queues certain times of the day, if there are 20 or more instances of stuff running the game is going to have issues.
    4) Changed up my build -- instead of stacking buffs, traits and trying to maximize procs I went the other route... I build for fun now rather than pure min/max or DPS-munchkin.
    5) Lastly I got off of cable and went to DSL. Fewer people on the DSL these days, meaning more resources for my use. This had the second biggest impact after 1 and 2.

one problem with all that, its not fixing the issue its finding ways to ignore an issue you have no control over.

except for "5" however even being on DSL wont fix it entirely as ive said multiple times in multiple threads it is no a user issue. its a client issue (HOST).

A majority of us from what ive seen on the forum were fine before about 2-3 weeks ago (maybe slightly more) before everything went to hell on the stability side of things.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Accusing people who are reporting little to no problems with lag of ignoring the issue is just as disingenuous. Being truthful about who is and isn't having problems, helps the devs discover patterns of when the problems occur and narrow down what's ultimately causing the problems.

There does appear to that combative thing going on between the groups...and...even amongst the groups.

Still think it comes down to Cryptic perhaps offering some form of survey thing to try to get the route of the issues some folks are experiencing. Cause from many of the descriptions of issues that folks are experiencing, they're not all experiencing the same issues.

I mentioned hitting up a Planet Killer in a crowded zone in the DSBZ. I mentioned hitting up an ISA. Even in my comparison of those two, I probably could have done a better job explaining the difference in performance there.

With the PK, there are so many objects on the screen - so many effects - etc, etc, etc...that the game can become sluggish. It's pushing my machine as far as resources go...things slow down. I'm sitting there inside 2km on the PK, I've got a screen full of everything impacting that PK with all the various FX involved. To the sides, I'm going to have all sorts of other things going on from the Undine as well as from players, pets, and the rest. Second stage comes and off I go depending on whether it's Klingon, Fed, or Romulan to do the second bit. Can feel the element of performance loss - FPS loss - cause of what's going on, etc, etc, etc.

With ISA on the other hand, there is no sense of that. There is no the screen is being butchered, so I'm playing through molasses. Everything is running smooth...whether it's the first time I see it on the screen or the fifth time I see it on the screen. What? Yeah, the issues I experience in ISA aren't client performance loss. It's like a desync issue. It's the rubberbanding - the skittery jumps - etc, etc, etc. It's going to use an ability only to have the little clock CD animation play - possibly two to three times before the ability actually triggers. It's the sitting there watching nothing happening...but to be clear on that, it's not sitting there with nothing happening - it's not a performance loss looking at a screenshot thing - everything on the screen is still moving...but no weapons are firing, no abilities are triggering. Kind of like I'm there but I'm no longer connected...although I am.

Can add into that a comparison of something else where I experienced issues running the new missions after S10 launched. It wasn't a performance drop with nothing happening - it was along the lines of a momentary disconnect - then everything from those few seconds flies across the screen. That's not what happens in ISA, though. This is more of a network load, backlog sort of thing.

So there's going to be the performance things. There's going to be the network load things. There's going to be the desync things.

Those performance things, get me in something that otherwise runs fine - spammed to Hell and back with everything else...introduce 3-4 guys with Scorpions, and it will turn it to TRIBBLE. So performance stuff can happen elsewhere - but it's something that I've learned to play through - flipping over to settings and killing some stuff clears that up for the most part.

Those network load things, yeah - new release, etc, etc, etc - it tends to be expected. Been there, done that, accept that.

The desync things...just irritate the Hell out of me. Cause if it was a packet loss sort of thing going on between me and Cryptic, it would be everywhere - and - I could do something about it...take a look at what's going on with my home network or call up and complain to my ISP, yadda-yadda-yadda. But it's not...it's just with certain queues for me. Which tells me it's something they've got going on.

If somebody tells me CCA is fine but ISA is not, that provides me an opportunity to do a relatively quick comparison. Can check for any differences...hardware, physical or virtual - network mappings - database mappings - etc, etc, etc. Any rules in place for traffic/resources, any throttling, anything that didn't get remapped/updated while something else was? They've done network and database updates - everything kosher there between the two? Something in the way the instances are created - is it consistent or is there a trigger which creates something different at a certain threshold that could be causing the discrepancy in what folks are experiencing.

Meh, not my place and nothing worse than an "amateur" making suggestions when the "professionals" have already looked through things. It's what I used to do, though, try to break things before they went into production or hunt down why they were broken, either in a test environment or if something were missed going into production. Work. Hell, dorking around in this game having more fun testing things than just enjoying it like some. Yeah, I'm an ISTP-A kind of guy...
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    One of the interesting things with some of the arguments is people seem to be pointing towards like Cogent, the network that the servers resides.

Let's look into this theory shall we? A network issue affects everyone coming from certain paths. IE ATT customers to Cogent (one argument I saw.) If this was indeed the issue ONLY said ATT customers would see issues and no one else. Well I run Comcast, so that theory really is a bust.

Also, there are people using ATT who do NOT see the issue. So another hole in that theory.

It should always be remembered how wide scale network connections are. It knows no bounds of who to hit and who not to hit.

Plus it would also work in any situation under any case. I have my Delta recruits. I play them on the same computer and see zero lag like a lot of others. It isn't until I play my main maxed out character that I start to see issues. And by maxed, I mean a character I use to chase the high DPS numbers.

So let's take into consideration this, hardware is the issue shall we? Yes hardware can impact how well a game plays. It would be reasonable that a system running the minimum requirements for the game to have to run minimum graphics to play the game well. But let's look at those with high end systems. Why would you make a game with nice graphics if you don't expect some people to be able to play with maximum graphics and really enjoy its beauty? Users on both ends of the PC spec scale are seeing issues, with min or max graphics. If you have to adjust graphics just to play the game is that really a fix or a work around?

Now, lets go and look at each character. I said I have a Delta Recruit I play who sees zero lag. And I have a character who sees mega lag. What's the difference in the two? One has full Intel and Pilot trees with some skills and T5 Ship mastery traits. What happens if I remove the Pilot trait and starship traits and have everyone else in my instance do the same? The lag is reduced GREATLY. To a point where the game is playable again.

Now, is this a fix? Hardly. It's just another work around. Why should Cryptic make skills and trees available to use if you have to ditch it in order to play the game? There is nothing in the tooltips stating that "X skill does not get along with Y skill". If that were the case you'd imagine there be a means setup to restrict said cross conflicts from occurring.

These are things I have seen myself. If my computer with it's ISP was the issue, then when I switch from one character to the other doing ISA for example, I shouldn't see a night and day difference in playing the same run. If it were me I'd see the same issues on any character I play now shouldn't I?
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k