test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Out in the Cold: Deferi Dilithium mission crashes

tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The issue exists during the mission Out in the Cold within the Zaria system (during the "Deferi Dilithium" part of the mission).

Game crashes inside of the mine areas.

Usually the player reaches half of the objectives, then the game suddenly closes/crashes.

Allowing the client to auto-check the files before playing again doesn't fix anything.

I'm playing with a KDF Delta Recruitment toon. I cannot continue to progress until this issue is fixed.
Post edited by tucana66 on

Comments

• Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it's a known issue ( at least with players it's known :D ) ... it's affecting the entire Deferi map too ( noone can do the deferi dailies,for example ) . No fiddling around with directx , safe mode or whatever remedies this
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I (on a KDF DR) had numerous crash-to-desktops during Out in the Cold last night.

I could restart the client and continue with the mission progress intact each time so I did eventually complete it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The mission has crashed 15 times in the past two days for me.

I'm glad players have acknowledged it; I haven't seen bug reports on this topic (or any response by Cryptic). Crossing my fingers this will be fixed by Cryptic devs in the very near future.
  • Options
    rex9234rex9234 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its the same with dust to dust
  • Options
    camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CTD after getting halfway through the mines on Zaria, like the OP. Beyond the CTD, even the report tool seems to crash, disappearing a few seconds after it appears while I'm trying to type in it.
  • Options
    serissimeserissime Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue as OP. I can get about halfway through Deferi Dilithium, then CTD. My progress is NOT saved, and I restart each time at the start of Deferi Dilithium. I've tried at least 10 times at this point. I can't finish my Deltas without it!
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I even posted a screenshot to show exactly when you have client crash in that mission . I'm willing to bet that's the exact same spot you all are having the client crash on you :)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1438181&highlight=deferi+dilithium&page=2
  • Options
    reinerfoxreinerfox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I had the same problem but managed to figure out a way to bypass it similar to the reloading tons.

The problem seems to be related to cold effects and combat when the planet is shaking or large amounts of cold effects happening while other effects are being triggered.

The main way I got around it was to:
    try to perform combat in a non-shaking area by backtracking, or use the go to point command (looks like the V in the crew overlay, cancel by right clicking on it again) with on my crew to have them aggro the npcs then cancel it to drag them back into a non-shaking area.
    If the client crashes:
    -- cancel the crash report
    -- do an immediate reload without checking for error or logging anything else in.

This seems to keep the previous cached file in play, and will load you directly back onto the progressed mission map instead of the sector space (which erases your progress).

This worked for me and I reloaded directly back onto the mission map maybe 3 times, instead of having it bring me to sector space and crashing again without progress (happened like 6 times before I tried the other method)
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is happening to me as well. Very frustrating given all of the other things that are still broken in this game. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    The issue exists during the mission Out in the Cold within the Zaria system (during the "Deferi Dilithium" part of the mission).

Game crashes inside of the mine areas.

Usually the player reaches half of the objectives, then the game suddenly closes/crashes.

Allowing the client to auto-check the files before playing again doesn't fix anything.

I'm playing with a KDF Delta Recruitment toon. I cannot continue to progress until this issue is fixed.

I have been having this problem as well. Without it we can't claim our rewards for our DR or for our other characters.

Also the last mission in the Borg arc won't allow me to enter the system.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can confirm this bug the OP describes.
    You can finish the mission, but you have to log in repeatedly till it is done.
    I was playing with a KDF character btw, but she's not a delta recruit.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    ihateusernames4ihateusernames4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can confirm the bug as well. Fed delta recruit. After about half of the ground portion of the mission is done, the game crashes.
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've got the same post with the same problem and have had many people respond with the same issue. its a realy big issue.

anyway if i skiped this mission and continued on. do you still get the delta rewards. or are they void from that point on.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    nerowolfenerowolfe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same issue as well. After some reading I can confirm, for me anyway, that after you crash and the launcher asks to verify files DO NOT verify files. launch as normal, select character and continue from where you crashed. I had it crash a couple more times but got further each time and was able to complete the mission.

Just remember - DO NOT verify files.
  • Options
    alphaechoalphaecho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can confirm that if you drag your combats into the corridors, you shouldn't suffer any crashes. I just completed the mission without any crashes. The last Boss, if you can take him down really fast, you shouldn't have any problems.
  • Options
    nordson#8845 nordson Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This solution worked for me. Just drag the fighting to the corridors, and you will be fine.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i never had that happen to me, so it might be a specific hardware/driver issue.

how many of people who get crashes are using an ati/amd gpu? how many are running it with directx 11?
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    highground11highground11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reinerfox wrote: »
    So I had the same problem but managed to figure out a way to bypass it similar to the reloading tons.

The problem seems to be related to cold effects and combat when the planet is shaking or large amounts of cold effects happening while other effects are being triggered.

try to perform combat in a non-shaking area by backtracking, or use the go to point command (looks like the V in the crew overlay, cancel by right clicking on it again) with on my crew to have them aggro the npcs then cancel it to drag them back into a non-shaking area.
    If the client crashes:
    -- do an immediate reload without checking for error or logging anything else in.

This seems to keep the previous cached file in play, and will load you directly back onto the progressed mission map instead of the sector space (which erases your progress).

This worked for me and I reloaded directly back onto the mission map maybe 3 times, instead of having it bring me to sector space and crashing again without progress (happened like 6 times before I tried the other method)

Nice one :D This worked for me :)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reinerfox wrote: »

If the client crashes:

I did something similar to this, though I did send in the crash report. I had 3 crashes and ultimately did complete the mission.

Now, I am not sure, but I almost think there is a conflict between the camera shake effect and some of the other effects, with the cryo grenade being the worst offender. It's like it's too much for it to handle. Since the problem is specific to that map, it seems like a possibility.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    nordson#8845 nordson Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i never had that happen to me, so it might be a specific hardware/driver issue.

how many of people who get crashes are using an ati/amd gpu? how many are running it with directx 11?
    I am running Ati 7950, driverversion 15.3 beta and directx 11. I crashed five or six times.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crash report: 37447920

This is happening to me, but not in combat. Usually once everyone is dead before the tunnel back to the first chamber. Given all of the other issues this game is having, I really don't see why they aren't putting more effort into fixing bugs. I still can't use my headphones without it crashing, and I can't use Antialiasing at all. It's a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    captainnemojrcaptainnemojr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue too. Game crashed in the mine. Now it crashes on startup.
  • Options
    kiltwearer32kiltwearer32 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue: Second room, kill first mob, crash. 4 times now. At least it's consistent...
  • Options
    simpleenthusiast#3086 simpleenthusiast Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue with female fed delta recruit, lib borg. havent run with the workarounds posted, but its consistent CTD at the same point in between the second and third transport inhibitors.
    Lore posts are great, but give us real info first please!
  • Options
    ddplattddplatt Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Crashed about 5 times in row anyoing but progress on the mission was effected, luckily
  • Options
    dragoenblacksdragoenblacks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I been noticing this as well I never had this problem last year " it was a bout a year ago I played this mission" and its been fine I played this mission many times and this is the first I ever seen this bug before. I was making a lets play video for the STO Black Dragon vids i'm working on at the same time sadly the video cashed and destroyed the video both times.
    Here A video of the Charsh incase its needed as proof
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hGRw0vHS-s&index=7&list=PLZJOq4W4hsKL3qSSxlCiKMkqA5ZOHL4zp
  • Options
    emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issues as well. Camera shaking can be turned off in settings, but that does not solve the problem. There is something wrong with the map and it should be looked in to by the bug fixers. We should see a fix in about four years.
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • Options
    uraeus255uraeus255 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm encountering the same problem. I've been trying to use the workarounds, but to no avail. I've tried to let it crash and jump back on in, and at one time I completed all objectives and beamed up - yet it didn't update the mission and I wasn't able to turn it in.

This second time around I haven't even gotten to the final fight - the crashes are so many and so consistent that what should take me 5-10 minutes ends up taking me more time than I have.

I've submitted several crash reports to Cryptic and sent in an in-game ticket to try and give the devs info on what's going on, but now I just want it fixed so I can move on.

Fed male liberated borg science officer. From what I've noticed, the crashes correlate with medium-short range weapons fire and the Breen cryo grenades. The mine rumbling might also correlate, but I haven't noticed that as much. Note this is derived from 20+ crashes experienced.
  • Options
    m4v3rickscotm4v3rickscot Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happens to me three :confused:
  • Options
    phoenixdude2phoenixdude2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is taking ages, when are they gonna fix it?