test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fluid Dynamics

bio667bio667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075136572/screenshots/?appid=9900#scrollTop=0

Synopsis of the Issue: The AI apparently keep trying to fly into these borg structures and don't know how to move out of them... Leaving me to pretty much have to solo that mission with my crummy mk 11 white gear... Yeah 2 hours later I'm wondering why I still play...

Yeah... the AI for this mission apparently have the same brain capacity as the developers... This bug is still here after a year... I know because I literally ran into this issue a year ago when I did this mission on a seperate toon...

Salt level: over 9000....

Suggestions for a fix: Delete those structures you have to scan and put in something they won't get stuck on... Than delete that huge structure in the middle so Tuvok can find his way home again... Cuz apparently he can't go home until that thing is removed...
Post edited by bio667 on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bio667 wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075136572/screenshots/?appid=9900#scrollTop=0

Synopsis of the Issue: The AI apparently keep trying to fly into these borg structures and don't know how to move out of them... Leaving me to pretty much have to solo that mission with my crummy mk 11 white gear... Yeah 2 hours later I'm wondering why I still play...

Yeah... the AI for this mission apparently have the same brain capacity as the developers... This bug is still here after a year... I know because I literally ran into this issue a year ago when I did this mission on a seperate toon...

Suggestions for a fix: Delete those structures you have to scan and put in something they won't get stuck on... Than delete that huge structure in the middle so Tuvok can find his way home again... Cuz apparently he can't go home until that thing is removed...

Well, Tuvok was never known for his piloting and captain skills! LOL

:eek::D:P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's a general issue with NPCs and huge space objects.

You were still lucky though since you at least could finish it. Once a cube got stuck in those and I couldn't even finish the mission 'cause it became untargetable.

Fun times....
  • Options
    tsrcenturustsrcenturus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I submitted a bug report, but I figured I'd post in the forums too.

On my KDF Delta Recruit character, I finished A Gathering Darkness and Assimilation without problems. When I accepted the mission for Fluid Dynamics, the map didn't update to point me to the Kuda system, like it is supposed to.

I flew to the Kuda system, and went to Kuda II and III, but I didn't get an option anywhere to start the mission. I transwarped to the location, which took me to another system, and I had to travel to Kuda again, and still, nothing. Can't start the mission.

I shut down the game and restarted, but yet, still couldn't start the mission.

I know the mission was working without any issues that I could see, before the launch of Season 10, as I have 2 other Delta Recruit characters (Federation Talaxian and KDF allied Romulan), and both of these other DR characters started and completed Fluid Dynamics without a problem.

I hope the patch being applied today fixes this problem.
    Centurus
    The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
  • Options
    zipatroniczipatronic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fluid dynamics is also bugged for me on a kdf rom toon. Map does not show mission start area, warps me to wrong system fly to right system map has no marking to show its right system and cannot get a start mission box to appear.
    Tried mission on another kdf rom that has all ready completed the mission and same happens again, but on a fed toon mission is ok with no problems.

Requested GM help but no answer as yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Tried to do mission as part of a team still will not let me do it.
    Changing instance puts me next to sol system and wants to start blood of ancients mission!
    Picked that mission up to see if it would let me do Fluid Dynamics but it would not :mad:
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zipatronic wrote: »
    Fluid dynamics is also bugged for me on a kdf rom toon. Map does not show mission start area, warps me to wrong system fly to right system map has no marking to show its right system and cannot get a start mission box to appear.
    Tried mission on another kdf rom that has all ready completed the mission and same happens again, but on a fed toon mission is ok with no problems.

Me too, it's the only mission I have left to do.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Without sounding like a troll

You er did try dropping it and picking it up again?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Without sounding like a troll

You er did try dropping it and picking it up again?

Already tried that and didn't work. Also tried switching instances and that didn't work either.

Same thing for me. Seems to be a KDF bug.
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great...so I cant chat...I can't finish my DR...this is really killing the game for me Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No reply to my ticket as yet, no mention of the problem in the patch notes for today either.
    And yes i have tried dropping it and changing maps and i have made the mission primary in my mission in progress tab and still no joy.

Cannot finish my delta toon at all!!
    Maybe they should grant us that 1 mission completed so we can progress??
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bio667 wrote: »

Lol the last of the four characters I played through this mission had a somewhat different experience.

The other fed ship, the Klingon ship and the rommie ship just flew around in circles "over yonder" and never engaged the diamond command ship, leaving my sci Cpt. and Voyager to kill it duo.

This clearly defines to the player just how deep the hull HP pool is on that sob.^^
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Same problem on my KDF Reman Delta, tried all the usual stuff that sometimes sorts glitched missions (instance switch, drop and reacquire, relog). Can skip it, but it leaves the Delta episode arc objective incomplete.
  • Options
    kurok5kurok5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On my KDF Delta Recruit character, I finished A Gathering Darkness and Assimilation without problems. When I accepted the mission for Fluid Dynamics, the map didn't update to point me to the Kuda system, like it is supposed to.

I just ran into the same issue today :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    After patch it is still broken, still trans warping to wrong area and still cannot find a mission start area after flying all around the system.
    Please give us a mission complete on it without rewards and i will do it again once its fixed.
    I cannot complete my Delta toon either because of it.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After patch it is still broken, still trans warping to wrong area and still cannot find a mission start area after flying all around the system.
    Please give us a mission complete on it without rewards and i will do it again once its fixed.
    I cannot complete my Delta toon either because of it.

Yup...I've finished everything else...before and after...just needed that 1 mission to finish my DR and I couldn't.

The event is finished today isn't it?
  • Options
    cruelarcruelar Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Yup...I've finished everything else...before and after...just needed that 1 mission to finish my DR and I couldn't.

The event is finished today isn't it?

Delta Recruit still goes until May 21. Doesn't change the fact that this bug with Fluid Dynamics is very annoying. I also pretty much need only that mission now. Should be done with the Breen arc later today. :/
  • Options
    sanmillssanmills Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep same with my KDF toon .... i will be finishing Breen today ... and just that 1 mission making Delta incomplete
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Verified both issues, KDF cannot play the mission, and ships can get stuck in the Borg structures. Thanks for the reports.

There's already a fix inbound for the KDF issue. At latest it should be in next week's update.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    lunar1974lunar1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol next week? your patching lesser progress hindering stuff daily so far, but something that hinders delta progress is a week out?
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I submitted a bug report, but I figured I'd post in the forums too.

I flew to the Kuda system, and went to Kuda II and III, but I didn't get an option anywhere to start the mission. I transwarped to the location, which took me to another system, and I had to travel to Kuda again, and still, nothing. Can't start the mission.

I shut down the game and restarted, but yet, still couldn't start the mission.

I know the mission was working without any issues that I could see, before the launch of Season 10, as I have 2 other Delta Recruit characters (Federation Talaxian and KDF allied Romulan), and both of these other DR characters started and completed Fluid Dynamics without a problem.

I hope the patch being applied today fixes this problem.

I have a Rom KDF allied delta recruit.. everything you said above is Ditto.. can't start mission, no pop up etc... Can't finish storyline on my delta...:(
  • Options
    masaqmasaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here. cannot start the mission. tried transwarping and nothing. tried going to kuda II&III plantets and nothing.
  • Options
    patrohel123patrohel123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    masaq wrote: »
    same here. cannot start the mission. tried transwarping and nothing. tried going to kuda II&III plantets and nothing.

same - kdf delta toon and can't do it. have submitted bug report also
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Verified both issues, KDF cannot play the mission, and ships can get stuck in the Borg structures. Thanks for the reports.

There's already a fix inbound for the KDF issue. At latest it should be in next week's update.

Bug of ship stuck doesn't make it unplayable. Happened on my first run of the mission. Made it easy to kill the Herald ship since I kept hitting it's rear. It got unstuck but flying in the structure after the 33% shield node destroying part.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For my KDF recruit who just picked up the mission, mission transwarp says Pelias system and dumps you in the middle of nowhere and flying to the Kuda system like the mission text says doesn't give any triggers to start the mission.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. unable to initiate Fluid Dynamics mission.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Thanks. It will be fun to finally finish DR.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Next week you are having a laugh aren't you!!! So the iconian stuff gets patches over 3 days because its broken yet this doesn't get dealt with until next week.

Poor KDF coming off second best again.....

Just give us a mission completed on it without the rewards and we can do the mission for the rewards at a later date when it is fixed then at least we can finish our toons off and go on to other things.
  • Options
    valaryantiyaravalaryantiyara Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Poor KDF coming off second best again.....

Yes, it seems to be that way, but, as long as I GET the Delta rewards, ALL of them, I would guess "it is ok"
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    Same here. unable to initiate Fluid Dynamics mission.

And same here. No entry point in the Kuda system for "Fluid Dynamics." Unable to start the mission. This is preventing completion of my KDF toon's Delta Recruitment efforts.

(Note: Alternate method to accessing this mission (transwarp to Pelia sector) doesn't work either. KDF toon is transwarped close to Aido system; 20,000 EC cost incurred. Pelia sector doesn't exist; no starting point for "Fluid Dynamics" either.)
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Next week you are having a laugh aren't you!!! So the iconian stuff gets patches over 3 days because its broken yet this doesn't get dealt with until next week.
    Give Cryptic some breathing room. They incurred a round of layoffs recently; they're doing what they can.

AND brace yourself... if you haven't gone ahead to the Breen missions, you experience another crash.

Issue exists during the mission Out in the Cold within the Zaria system (during the "Deferi Dilithium" part of the mission).

Game crashes inside of the mine areas. Usually the player reaches half of the objectives, then the game suddenly closes/crashes. Allowing the client to auto-check the files doesn't fix anything.

Another broken part of trying to get the Delta Recruitment fnished.

CrypticFrost, could you guys log this one/get it fixed, please?