What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shaka, When the Walls Fell Promotion

Comments

• Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just took one last Tour of the Galaxy run in the old sector space. One of my fastest times yet.

Farewell, familiar old route. Time to blaze a new one. XD
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    I just took one last Tour of the Galaxy run in the old sector space. One of my fastest times yet.

Farewell, familiar old route. Time to blaze a new one. XD

yeah, well, it will probably be longer and more anoying, but it will be easier to do in a way.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    So, how do we get these free shinies?

The single most important question in this thread that wasn't answered or clarified in the blog.

How do we get these things? I want all the things, but how to get?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Giving the recent losses by the the Borg Collective. Fresh space material, and biological organism's are needed by the collective. Probes launched into the Alpha sector have revealed several species such as the Tamarian and the Sheliak. With the Federation, Klingon , Rom alliance focused on the Iconion's assimilation should be quick and effortless.

With these new assimilated resources the Borg will push through the Gate and finally conquer earth.

Resistance is futile!

When the Borg come they will come in force.

This is all hearsay, and speculation but at some point the Borg threat will be around long after the Iconion wars are over.

I also expect the Portal 63 (Darryl Henriques), "a guardian of the Tkon Empire." will play a major role in the Iconion Wars.

Since the planet seems to have once been a remote outpost of the "Tkon Empire" that became extinct 600,000 years ago.

Since its is know that the Iconion's are at least 200,000 years old it might be helpful to have a outpost thats 400,000 years more advanced. Also it could be that the Iconion's destroyed the Tkon Empire by a super Nova to gain their place as leaders of the galaxy.

I also expect Section 31 to violate the prime directive and become involved in some way thats yet unclear.

Some interesting plot twist that could develop.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    So, how do we get these free shinies?

The single most important question in this thread that wasn't answered or clarified in the blog.

How do we get these things? I want all the things, but how to get?

I would like to know this also, do you get awarded these for just logging in or do you need to claim them from the C-store.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I was hoping this was going to be an apology for the latency issues the Cryptic games have been having, kind of like getting de-leveled down to -45 around 5 years ago, when we first got these shinies...

... but people get free stuff, so yeah... can't complain.

But I thought I got my free stuff exclusively, now the jonny-come-lately's can get it, too! What's next? Instant Veteran rewards for new lifetime subscribers?

Mustrum "Just kidding, but I am sure some will think or say the same and not be kidding" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    long since got the tamarian stuff back in the early days of my game play on sto, only thing i never got with the hero title, but the title doesnt mean anything, so skipping.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Crossing fingers for the Worf haircut and sash... Missed it the first time :(
    That's something I've wanted since... forever, as someone who only joined in late 2013... Crossing fingers in progress. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about, Shaka, when the Samsars fell in the lobi store for our Delta Recruits....
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    caltircaltir Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would understand "Temba, his arms wide open", signifying a gift in the Tamarian language.

However, the choice of "Shaka, when the walls fell" is at least inappropriate in my opinion, as it means "mourning, acknowledgemnet of a befallen tragedy, failure, loss, someone's death", etc. Unless this is a implicit self-reference of Cryptic to the game bugs they're going to introduce in Season 10.

(Please refer to TNG: Darmok episode to learn more.)
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Free stuff?! RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEE!!

Translation: Gerdammirt Cryrptic firx ur gerddamn servers!! Teh gaem is unplayaba'al and ded!* :mad::mad:

*Did I do it right? :D :P
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    How about, Shaka, when the devs tell us how to get these freebies.

Temba, his arms wide open to receive them when they do.

• Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would assume it's in the Legacy tab of the C-Store.

Open C-Store > Go to Legacy tab > Select rewards to claim...in theory, at least.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    I would assume it's in the Legacy tab of the C-Store.

Open C-Store > Go to Legacy tab > Select rewards to claim...in theory, at least.

it would be nice to be told officially, the devs news blog was about as useful as a chocolate teapot in that respect.
    caltir wrote: »
    I would understand "Temba, his arms wide open", signifying a gift in the Tamarian language.

However, the choice of "Shaka, when the walls fell" is at least inappropriate in my opinion, as it means "mourning, acknowledgemnet of a befallen tragedy, failure, loss, someone's death", etc. Unless this is a implicit self-reference of Cryptic to the game bugs they're going to introduce in Season 10.

(Please refer to TNG: Darmok episode to learn more.)

its to signify them getting rid of most of the borders in sector space.
    so when your by earth space dock system and want to fly to say new rom for example you can do it without any of those silly 'do you want to warp to sector' prompts and loading time outs.
    so you will only have 3 sector maps from now on instead of the 12 or so we had before.
    the only time you will get that still is when you jump between the alpha and beta or beta and delta quadrants via the iconian gateway, and possibly again if they ever introduce the gamma quadrant although this will likely be via the DS9 wormhole.

its just a play on words and is not meant to have the same meaning as in that episode.

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still remember the first reason these were given away!

Let's hope it isn't a bad omen..... ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a random noob, I say "yay!" :D
  • Options
    meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really don't mind free things, I see it as cryptic's way of being nice when we've asked countless times for things to be fixed or re-balanced. With sector walls finally coming down it will be like it should have been, free travel throughout sector space just like in the movies and TV series. Think for old times sake I'll hop into a Galaxy Class starship and explore like the Enterprise-D did :)
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey more free giveaways of stuff that I already have.

I tell ya, sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a veteran around here.

:P

:o

Heh. Sigh.

To be clear, I don't mind that these items are re-released. I'm not worried about their exclusivity and that newer players can now get them (Truly! "Yay!" for them, I say), I just think it would be nice if there was even ONE small actual NEW thing that vets could enjoy for free, too.

This "new" promotion reminds me of the recent anniversary giveaways (and other similar events further past), where you give away the same old things and vets don't get to participate.

Meh. Whatever...

:rolleyes:

When Season 10 is available on Holodeck, don't worry. It will be those same issues all over again. So new players will "earn" them too.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    transphasedtransphased Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So thats it? An Emote and a few Titles? So what, no items at all? Hey, how about another one of those ship give-aways you did for the 5yr Anniversary? Dilithium perhaps? Maybe a uniform? Maybe a free lockbox and key? That would be nice, if your gonna give something away, give something away that people actually care about. Seriously.
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really Cryptic? I guess this definitely proves that nothing is sacred anymore.

The whole "Shaka When the walls fell" promo was a special reward and apology for all us veterans who had to put up with all the TRIBBLE that went wrong with Season 1 years ago.
    Its one of the few last remaining symbols of veterancy and your just handing it out to any random noob now. :rolleyes:

An emote and a couple badges? You're upset about them giving people an emote and two badges? Are they really that important that you want them kept to a select set of people?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok...so they are freebies. Ty for that. But do these badges and titles have any practical functions in the game?? Are they of any worth to the players??
    If not, then I really don't see the logic of giving out such stuff!
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to admit it frustrates me when Cryptic takes something exclusive that I already had earned and then packages it like it's something new and gives it away as a prize. This reminds me of the time people spent a lot of money on lifetime subscriptions to Champions Online just to get the Mirror Universe costume, and then the MU costumes ended up in the C-store. Or the various pre-order bonuses like Liberated Borg race for preorder lifetimers and various other prizes.

Of course I would easily be soothed by giving me a way to get a TNG Season 1 "Skant" uniform, which we've been asking for since launch. :)
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What's "emotes", precious? Can we eat it ? is it juicy? brrrrrr ruined!
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How do we claim this?

C-Store tab?

Is the Shaka emote a one day deal or will it be available for the week?

And to those complaining about losing a special snowflake attribute, repeat this to yourselves: "This is my <formerly exclusive thing>. There are many like it, but this one is mine."
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    hypodemicushypodemicus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well,
    i am part of the strange and elusive "accolade hunter" community, and my only fear is, that the falling sector walls splatter some accolades.
    I took some night shifts to grind the "Deep Space Enounters" in most sector blocks, but i still have like 17 of them open, and i fear i´ll never be able to get them.
    Testruns on tribble only showed "defend the alpha/beta quadrant" :(

Also, i forgot to run across the galaxy with my klingon, i hope that mission will stay. perhaps it gets even faster, now that the load screens fall away.

Ah, i stray from my agenda:

Let the accolades prevail!

There are enough broken ones...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So thats it? An Emote and a few Titles? So what, no items at all? Hey, how about another one of those ship give-aways you did for the 5yr Anniversary? Dilithium perhaps? Maybe a uniform? Maybe a free lockbox and key? That would be nice, if your gonna give something away, give something away that people actually care about. Seriously.
    Somebody cares about these things. Did you miss the hissyfits upthread?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    akindrum33akindrum33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It's fluff to celebrate the new sector space.

Personally, I'd rather have a promo box like the "first time buyer" boxes or some such.
  • Options
    mettrekmettrek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really Cryptic? I guess this definitely proves that nothing is sacred anymore.

The whole "Shaka When the walls fell" promo was a special reward and apology for all us veterans who had to put up with all the TRIBBLE that went wrong with Season 1 years ago.
    Its one of the few last remaining symbols of veterancy and your just handing it out to any random noob now. :rolleyes:

Agreed. I understand that new players feel entitled to everything and that the new trend is to give virtually everything to everyone. (At least, those things which players won't use Zen to purchase.)

It's a bit disheartening to see that the very few things I have which made my character(s) somewhat unique are now being given away to everyone simply for logging in. I'd be somewhat less annoyed if players had to *earn* them in even a trivial way.

Even the pre-order, collector's edition and other promo items/emotes I got are now just given away or available at trivial prices. Being a veteran of this game (and other Cryptic games) no longer has any meaning.

I suppose, in the long run, it is of little consequence... but it was nice to be unique and sometime shave people ask, "Where did you get that?" But, for every veteran (like us) who complains about losing their unique items there were thousands of entitled newbies whinging about not having access to stuff they missed out on.... well, in essence we *bought* that stuff by being early adopters or actually BUYING and subscribing to the game. Free with purchase isn't free.... we paid for that stuff and suffered through growing pains and now we have nothing to show for it.
  • Options
    mettrekmettrek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    An emote and a couple badges? You're upset about them giving people an emote and two badges? Are they really that important that you want them kept to a select set of people?

Yes... the people who bought and paid for the game and suffered through the difficult early days. We earned that stuff by being loyal customers. We were given something unique for sticking around and being part of a potentially large and vibrant gaming community.

The early game was so rough at times that there was a distinct possibility it might not survive. The emote and badges were a very clever in-universe wink and nod to those that persevered when things got rough.

Granted they are essentially "fluff" but it was nice having something to remind you of where it all came from. Now people play for free and feel entitled to have everything handed to them. At this point Cryptic may as well simply give everyone free level 60 characters and just sell ships for Zen and let people grind for rep gear. It's getting pointless to have the 1-50 part of the game.