Options

witch STO u-tubers do you like

2»

Comments

• Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    walligig wrote: »
    When do people try to give him tips? I usually watch youtube videos with my PS3 so I don't have access to the comment section. Is it there?

Used to be, almost every video had them. But that WAS years ago, I suppose they might have just given up.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Yuzral, and RyanSTO, that's it
  • Options
    driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only one who used to post and make videos of glorious PvP matches until one year ago.

Every other channel to me is dumb PvE and NPC-stomping that's not worth the bits of my Internet.

Yeah I know who you're talking about above. But for ship reviews I ask others who did PvP (or still try to), for information I ask them as well. I don't see why I should be interested in watching someone doing PvE content when I don't care doing it myself: even worse to care what they have to say about the ships they use.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No idea how I forgot Starfish1, but I guess in my head I was thinking of it more like Foundry/machinima...more of a creative exercise than informational like the others people are posting here. Very fun in a whole different way. :)

BTW, I don't feel like digging to find it, but someone upthread said they didn't think MyBalkanGaming talks. Actually he does speak, and was particularly funny in a recent video when answering the question about his favorite ship (I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it). But I would say that MyBalkanGaming is never obnoxious, never seems to talk just to hear his own voice (he does indeed give viewers time to enjoy visuals without narration), and I cannot remember ever hearing him curse or be rude. He seems to have a lot of resources at his disposal but it never feels like he is being arrogant or lording it over anybody. All of those are points in his favor, for me. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only one who used to post and make videos of glorious PvP matches until one year ago.

That's not quite true. Okay. It isn't true at all.

And secondly, I'd like to thank my 3 remaining viewers! TY guys!!!
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gave up on youtube years ago. Even the few reasonably good help-vids I ever found were mostly just 'do this, not that' without going into any real explanation as to WHY X was used and how that compared to alternatives Y and Z. The other 90% though seemed to be mostly showing off, trash talk, and self promotion, and the only thing I learned was to basically avoid anyone that posted a video of themselves (especially the really-active promoters). If something was important it'd exist in a concise text form somewhere, but if the human voice was involved you'd have to filter through way too much useless BS to get anything of value from it.
  • Options
    yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    And now I need to order a larger size of helmet :D.

Starship reviews kinda fell by the wayside around Delta Rising for a few reasons - a computer upgrade that kept bluescreening, some major overtime in my RL job and buying my first property among others, but mostly because I wasn't sure that I'd properly understood the new power sets and didn't want to do down a ship because I had an L2P issue. Which, as it turned out, I did since I'd mssied the potential of SS/OSS and the new CritD heavy meta. By the time I'd figured all that out, the main window of opportunity had closed.

I could go back, I suppose...but who'd be interested in my thoughts on ships that have been out for months and dissected thoroughly by better players than me?
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yuzral wrote: »
    And now I need to order a larger size of helmet :D.

Starship reviews kinda fell by the wayside around Delta Rising for a few reasons - a computer upgrade that kept bluescreening, some major overtime in my RL job and buying my first property among others, but mostly because I wasn't sure that I'd properly understood the new power sets and didn't want to do down a ship because I had an L2P issue. Which, as it turned out, I did since I'd mssied the potential of SS/OSS and the new CritD heavy meta. By the time I'd figured all that out, the main window of opportunity had closed.

I could go back, I suppose...but who'd be interested in my thoughts on ships that have been out for months and dissected thoroughly by better players than me?

Me, honestly. I even watch reviews of ships I have already just to hear another opinion on it. Many times I simply cannot find decent reviews of certain ships.

Also I would like to say this: just because its old(er) doesn't mean its uninteresting. Especially with Delta Recruitment there are tons of new players and to them every ship is "new". Your audience changes constantly due to the nature of this game being an MMO so while its true that the best time to review something is when its out, there's nothing wrong with reviewing it later down the line.

Not to mention, you can tell players whether or not a ship is still worth buying, which goes double for anything tier 6 which (I'm sure) many people consider important.

Personally I would love to watch your ship reviews again.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    icegavel wrote: »
    I too watch Yuzral. He's the only one these days, though. My fleet leader, AlchemistiD, used to make videos. But he ran into a myriad of issues and had to put his LP on indefinite hold. I also used to watch Brent Justice (I refuse to call him The Doctor, for he does the character such an injustice). But his voice is boring, his builds are mediocre, his content is samey, and he acts like he's the best player in the game. I could no longer tolerate him, so I unsubscribed.

I don't see him that way. I think his builds are pretty good. in most of his vids he lasts longer than his team. and in a few is the only one not to die at all. but he dose go on and it takes from his vlogs. he needs to just get on with it. but its his channel and he can do what he wants. but I have to say out of all the vlogers I've seen. he dose the best reviews in genral.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    That's not quite true. Okay. It isn't true at all.

And secondly, I'd like to thank my 3 remaining viewers! TY guys!!!

Is it Alphastrikers or Alpha Strikers? Oh yeah, hello! ;)
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for including me in this list, was really busy the past month or so, but will continue soon. Thanks anyone for watching.
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thisler posts some pretty good videos. Gives good advice and ideas that I haven't seen other places.

I also really like Ezri Ryan, and Sarcasm Detector. Sorry, but people that say they're just 'showing off' aren't really watching. They offer a wealth of helpful advice and both have made me a far better player overall.

MyBalkanGaming is also a great site. While I personally like BrentJustice, his vids are too long for my taste and he definitely builds ships differently then what I prefer. Still a great site though.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like RyanSTO's videos!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited April 2015