test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xindi-Terrestrial Lock Box

Comments

• carpfishercarpfisher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    T6 ships? Whatever. I hope the stats/seating for the Malon cruiser are workable.

I want nothing more than to pug STFs punning on "taking out the trash" I want to start discussions on organized crime practices with garbage. I want to reflect on becoming a trash mob. I want to warp in, and ask that classic interrobanged and capslocked question that digs into the depths of suburban blight.

Please, Malon T5U, please be better than the trash you carry.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Look pretty good, all-round. There are certainly some items I am interested in tinkering with.

Are the new plasma weapons the gold beams the Ateleth is firing, or are they the blue(like phased biomatter) ones the Olaen is shown using?

ALSO, Is there any chance we could get a list of the new Duty Officer active abilities that will be coming? These are always difficult to track down/figure out and it would be nice if there was an official list.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome... though I wasn't expecting that.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Now if only we had access to playable Xindi species.

I'll collect lockboxes, as I always do. But as usual, I will feel little incentive to actually open many of them.

Now if they offered playable Xindi, I might feel a bit differently about that. That would be an awesome addition.

Cuz I feel the need to be Insectoid.

You can kind of kitbash together a Primate, but yeah, it'd be awesome being an Insectoid. Not sure how you could make an Aquatic though, unless they're given powered walkers and suits.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    szerontzur wrote: »
    ALSO, Is there any chance we could get a list of the new Duty Officer active abilities that will be coming? These are always difficult to track down/figure out and it would be nice if there was an official list.

They haven't released a single new doff in a while. They have all been +damage to X species + R&D which I assume is either Heralds or Iconians this time around.

I'd be surprised if we get any new decent doff bonuses.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Malon ship is the only thing i want, crapping up space one sector at a time!
    edited April 2015
    lumpkin1 wrote: »
    Lobi beam overload double tap... Good thing I just started swtor account. Wake me up when there are t6 romulan/klingon sci ships.

You have to love the devs back and forth.

1) There should be no insta kills, they remove double tap.

2) They make BO so powerful it kills instantly.

3) They fix BO so it doesn't insta kill.

4) They release an OP torp.

5) They fix said torp.

6) They release yet another OP torp + SS2/3.

7) They fix OP torp and fix SS3 although SS3 still packs a punch.

8) They yet again add double tap kills.

I think they suffer from seasonal amnesia when they're thinking of new over the top damage ideas and they test it in "mid range builds" which never ends up well for the PvP community.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More toys. Nice.

I look forward to the Ship stats. Also hope for an info dump on the new DOff abilities.

:)

Edit:
    Thanks to Borticus to adding the dump here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23411351#post23411351

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, the anti-AP folks should be happy there's a Plasma Plasma torp instead of a Kinetic Plasma torp...right?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mmm. I do like the look of that Insectoid ship. Always liked that one. Gonna have to think about that one.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Also hope for an info dump on the new DOff abilities.

Yes. Later today or tomorrow, in the Doff subforum as usual.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Heh. So much broken stuff in this one.

I shouldn't be laughing, but this is so sad that I can't help it.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not spending another dollor on weapons or ships until I actual get something to use my weapons and ships on. With this iconian war saga , its the perfect time to introduce a "Good" 5-10 man raid with actual bosses. I'm tired of flying around in a 100x100 box. The mulitplayer pve needs to expand. This is suppose to be a MMO for crying out loud. Give us a damn Raid alread with bosses, Loot drops and Strategy. I love the game. I do but I can't keep collecting all these ships and weapons and never have a good oportunity to use them. Come on Cryptic think of something?
    edited April 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Heh. So much broken stuff in this one.

I shouldn't be laughing, but this is so sad that I can't help it.

There is some cool stuff mixed in there amidst the rest.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/af/bf/afbf5c4d864393b0c1588968c0316ad21429292327.gif

Might be just what I needed to get me out of my Geneva.
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What will the pvpers nerf first? :confused:
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is some cool stuff mixed in there amidst the rest.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/af/bf/afbf5c4d864393b0c1588968c0316ad21429292327.gif

Might be just what I needed to get me out of my Geneva.

Lol... can it only carry theta raditation? ;)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Damn I want that Insectoid Ship
    edited April 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »

Us? Nothing. They'll have to fix the BOx2 junk if it turns out to be double tap V2.0. We have enough double kill shots with ISO kinetic cannon and BO as it it.
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cant wait until we run out of xindi races to use. reminders of ENT make me uncomfortable.

of course it is weird we have all these ships of various races and we can't actually play as any of them. I mean they are federation/kdf/romulan officers according to the doff system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Lol... can it only carry theta raditation? ;)

If I could roll a KDF Ferengi, I'd be making the toon right now...heh.

I still remember the fun I had in my Borg Sprocket.

http://i.imgur.com/JzqT3Uz.jpg
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They'll have to fix the BOx2 junk if it turns out to be double tap V2.0. We have enough double kill shots with ISO kinetic cannon and BO as it it.

When comparing this to the previous BO-Double-Tap scenario, you have to factor in Cost of Opportunity. Superweapon Ingenuity's CoO is arguably far higher, as it requires using one of your Starship Trait slots - a more limited commodity than Boff seats.

As such, I can say with some confidence that this Trait is unlikely to be "fixed" or "nerfed," with the POSSIBLE exception of extending the lockout period a bit. Even that's not very likely.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • sway82sway82 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    enoemg wrote: »
    Another Xindi lockbox without the addition of the Enterprise era MACO uniforms?!?!?!

God damn it, Cryptic!

This!²

Do we have to wait for a third Xindi lockbox? :rolleyes:
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, if they removed the numerical bonuses, I might buy lockboxes with actual money.
  • lumpkin1lumpkin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »

Nothing, all leaving for other games. Congrats to the devs, you've killed pvp. Now that that's accomplished, the only way this game would be worth playing is if you make the elite ships in stf act like they have a sense of preservation and use boff skills intelligently. Maybe let the npc's use surgical strikes, ionic turbulence, viral torpedoes, or any of the other "nerfed" skills. I would keep playing just to see the tears.
    edited April 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    What dictates the rank of the Xindi Training Manuals? Are they random, or do we get to choose? Cause I doubt we'd be given all three...

They are random, and while each rank is slightly more rare than the one below it, they're all very close in overall odds. Afterall, getting the Rank III Tactical ability, when you don't fly a ship with a LtC Tac Seat, wouldn't universally be considered "better" than getting Rank I of the same ability.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Training Manuals? That's interesting. Might be worth picking up.

And what the heck is with the Dreadnought? Is it the same as this ship? lol sure, increase the size and turn it into a dreadnought! :D

While we're at it, let's get the Kovort into the game too.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Instead of making these lockbox you should have made these ZEN ships! Same goes for manuals and all. The current way of distributing these is flawed imho. You open box after box of TRIBBLE that is useless in many cases with a very remote chance of getting what you need or want.
    edited April 2015
    While you're lurking, Bort:
    Tactical:

Kemocite-Laced Weaponry
    Enhance your weapons to have a chance of dealing AOE Radiation Damage on hit.
    Foes hit by the Radiation Damage also suffer a brief Damage Resistance penalty.
    Energy Weapons have a small chance of triggering, while Projectiles always will.

Does this stack with other attack/weapon modifiers like Torpedo Spread or BFAW?
    edited April 2015
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Does this stack with other attack/weapon modifiers like Torpedo Spread or BFAW?

Yes, it can be active at the same time as other weapon enhancement modes.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited April 2015
    Yes, it can be active at the same time as other weapon enhancement modes.

Interesting.. I have a feeling my Torpedo Armitage is going to love it. Thank you.