test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Miral Paris Reporting For Duty!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Star Trek Online is pleased to announce that Lisa LoCicero will be joining the cast of Star Trek Online to reprise her role as Miral Paris.

Lieutenant Commander Miral Paris will be joining Captains as you face off against the Iconians and their heralds beginning in Season 10!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ohhhh. Now I see why her hair was so fabulous when I played Past Imperfect on Tribble.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So is it safe to assume that Lisa LoCicero will be doing dialog for the Klingon War arc missions with Miral?

Also will Miral's fabulous hair become an option for players?
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im glad you're still getting the original actors etc looking forward to season 10 :)

that said i think while the original actors are always welcome, you should try out a few more new ones too
    at the risk of quoting a TNG title: best of both worlds? :P

Anyway I actually quite liked mirals character in endgame even though we didnt see much from the character so this should be good:)
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I guess it will also involve her daddy somehow ... some little bird told me ... ;)

PS : More "Klingon" Hairstyles plz ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LoCicero played the adult Miral in Star Trek: Voyager's "Endgame." In addition to her trip into space, she is a veteran actress known for her roles in Rush Hour 2, General Hospital, One Life to Live, and Reno 911, as well as guest appearances on Bones, Chuck, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Rizzoli and Isles.

What, no love Star Trek: Bridge Commander? She voiced Ensign LoMar!

That aside, awesome! Nothing bad can come of having more Star Trek alumni lending their voice talent to this game.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is very welcome news. I just replayed her missions and was thinking how great it would be to have her actress doing the voice work. So glad it might happen!, and I can't wait to see what new missions you have for her.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's good to know. I'm sure my first officer will find something useful for her to do if she comes aboard my ship.

Like assisting my communications officer if the universal translator can't be used to coordinate our attacks with the Klingons. Don't want to bother my Chief Engineer with that ;)

If there won't be any problems with the universal translator... well, those plasma conduits still need to be scrubbed :P
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Klingons. <3
    All I have to say. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    lirokailirokai Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's been so long since I saw Endgame, I forgot there was an adult Miral there! I just rewatched her scenes and she did a really good job even though it wasn't extensive. Perfect combination of her parents' rebelliousness, dedication, and loyalty.

Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm her coming into the game sacrifices to be made could she die in the story??? Really wish they would get some other members in so sick of voyager cast
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Also will Miral's fabulous hair become an option for players?

Is it bad that this was my first thought upon seeing this? "Can we have her hair?"

Though we still need Worf's hair from both of his character models that've appeared in-game diversified to the player models. And not just for Klingons either. Humans, other aliens, so on, need these hairs.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome news! Side note: Her half-siblings are Warp 10 salamanders.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I...umm...Okay.

What about Tom? Can't have pilot ships without Tom you know. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    I...umm...Okay.

Tom has all of the Specialization trees at full. Even the ones you've never heard of, and then he builds a ship that goes past infinity in his down time.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I guess it will also involve her daddy somehow ... some little bird told me ... ;)

PS : More "Klingon" Hairstyles plz ...

Please! I'm sick of dreads. There's three different dread styles, and I don't remember ever seeing a single Klingon, in show or film, with dreads! Your other options? The Chang top-knot (only slightly more popular among Klingons than dreads by exactly one character) and grezzey-flat-streight. Yeah, Miral's "hero hair" would be awesome, but how about the "normal" Klingon hair of Worf, Kimtar and Kahless?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    This was a surprise, now on to the blog about captain Tom Paris.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hope she doesn't get removed if players get lost looking at her amazing hair.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    so...thursday

New Seasons :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HG_Hx-0ulQ
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Hope she doesn't get removed if players get lost looking at her amazing hair.

I'm amused that everyone's main reaction is "OMG Can we have her hair?!" :D

No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main reaction is, well, that's a helluva thing. When we first met, Miral and I were lieutenants together. Now I'm an admiral, and she's been promoted to - Lieutenant Commander? Who'd she TRIBBLE off?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    My main reaction is, well, that's a helluva thing. When we first met, Miral and I were lieutenants together. Now I'm an admiral, and she's been promoted to - Lieutenant Commander? Who'd she TRIBBLE off?

She's a casual player who doesn't doff, and just looked at Nimbus and went "Eugh." :p
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    She's a casual player who doesn't doff, and just looked at Nimbus and went "Eugh." :p

Great Bird, this.
  • Options
    yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    Or nobody wants to serve under her because she's a magnet for crazy Klingons? I somehow imagine her career track to be punctuated by requests from her COs to have her transferred off because they've fended off 4 kidnap attempts that week and crew casualties are running noticeably higher than usual.

The latest of course being the Kirk, where she actually was kidnapped, everyone breathed a sigh of relief and then Quinn's favourite lieutenant had to go and rescue her...alright, where'd we leave those transfer forms?
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Excellent. Great to have her on board.

Looking forward to Season 10.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Awesome news! Side note: Her half-siblings are Warp 10 salamanders.

LOL

/10char
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Watch they probably going to give us the Miral Paris Engineering Bridge Officer after the completion of those two new episodes during Season 10.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's no surprise that another beautiful woman will do voice -over in STO , when most developers are men.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/lisa-locicero-39th-daytime-emmy-awards-02.jpg

But even Miral Paris can not save continuing crazy lagging and disconnecting account server. :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    I...umm...Okay.

Rumor has it that he will.
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now another piece of the Federation-Klingon peace process is in place, Miral will bring reconciliation to the two warring houses, "You will find me after two warring houses make peace." -- perhaps the previous alliance with the klingons wasnt the part of the prophecy, what if she is so revered by the Klingons one day that they turn her into a god? "the sacrific", her death fuels the Klingon act of vengance against the Iconians and tied bloodbonds to the Federation when the Klingons ask them to join then to stop the Iconians for good and Starfleet completely agrees without hesitation and the romulans tag along to solidify the alliance, a very gradiose type of thing where everyone feels all warm and fuzzy inside :P.

but unaccounted to the Kuvah'magh's story is B'Elanna Torres who is meant to of "won a glorious victory against an army of 10,000 warriors". That could easily account for an Iconian attack and Captain Tom Paris, "the father of the kuvah'magh will be an honorable warrior", as the father should be, carries out all manner of duties to help out, stuff that impresses the Klingon effort.

all of it is guessing, will see what happens next.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.