test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ESD---Gutter Talk

torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
1. if any off you spoke too me face to face, I'd knock your head off.

2. your mother was/is a woman.. your daughter etc is female... say too their faces that they are what ever..

3. your just a bunch of idiots/carrot crunchers/demented fraggers...

I really would Like too smack some off you lot with dirty mouths.

4. swings and roundabouts... it will always come back and hit you.

spammers on Q.

Gutters on E

1 place left D...

Khan.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and this is why I have zone chat disabled, especially on ESD
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. if any off you spoke too me face to face, I'd knock your head off.

And then you wold go to jail, where you would belong. Anyone who cannot control their actions just because someone says something they don't like should not be on the street around other people.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because violence and name calling makes you so much better than them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rygelx16 wrote: »
    Because violence and name calling makes you so much better than them.

This is STO, violence is part of the game!

but in real life, it's probably more like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majaPLfQMzk
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,377 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've never seen anyone discussing gutters in ESD.

Usually they're just talking about sex. Often in a way that discloses the fact that they've never had any.

Sometimes they make bad Gorn jokes, too.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    embracedsinembracedsin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And then you wold go to jail, where you would belong. Anyone who cannot control their actions just because someone says something they don't like should not be on the street around other people.

People do not control anything about their behavior...that is not how things work.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone discussing gutters in ESD.

Usually they're just talking about sex. Often in a way that discloses the fact that they've never had any.

Sometimes they make bad Gorn jokes, too.

Bad Gorn jokes you say? It's not like the jokes are Gorn with the wind, or hardcore Gorn. I'm sure ESD is full of Gorntastic jokes!
  • Options
    saborethsaboreth Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *Starts a stopwatch to see how long until the thread gets locked*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    People do not control anything about their behavior...that is not how things work.
    I, ah, don't think you understand much. Either that, or you're getting a little shared time on the ol' prison computer because you failed to control your urge to punch everyone.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    saboreth wrote: »
    *Starts a stopwatch to see how long until the thread gets locked*

*Gorns over to Saboreth and takes a Gorn look at the Gorndanged stopwatch then smashes it, Gorn-style. Sits on the Gorn Couch and puts some softcore Gorn on the gornvision*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    *Gorns over to Saboreth and takes a Gorn look at the Gorndanged stopwatch then smashes it, Gorn-style. Sits on the Gorn Couch and puts some softcore Gorn on the gornvision*
    You're not Gorn to get very far with an attitude like that.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You're not Gorn to get very far with an attitude like that.

I Gornly Gorn to gorn as far as the gorndang couch!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I, ah, don't think you understand much. Either that, or you're getting a little shared time on the ol' prison computer because you failed to control your urge to punch everyone.

If you learn to read you will notice that i am not the op.

People control their behavior as much as they control how many white blood cells their body produces.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is true, yes, in ancient Soviet beta client, the Gorn make of you joke?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you learn to read you will notice that i am not the op.

People control their behavior as much as they control how many white blood cells their body produces.

that is absolutely bull****.

If you cannot control your behaviour then you have a mental illness or you were never taught properly by your parents.

the former can be treated via meds and the latter by therapy or a good old fashioned wooden spoon.

Now back to the Gorn discussion.

The Gorn makes the joke then you're the Gorn's food and it's gorn-finger licking Gorn!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Same goes for people that cannot control their mouths and spout venom and bile and hate speech. :rolleyes:

I don't know what country you are from, so I do not know what laws they may have. However in the US people actually have a constitutional right to say what they want, with certain specific exceptions(you cannot directly incite others to violence or talk "dirty" to minors). But as far as "hate speech", the Klan actually has a right to march and preach their beliefs according to law. I certainly don't like what they have to say, but I definitely like the law that protects free speech, because that same law also protects my free speech. And if someone who hated what the Klan was saying ran up to one of them and punched them in the face, that person would definitely deserve to go to jail for assault.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh great, everyone is trying to be punny with their Gorny jokes...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    that is absolutely bull****.

If you cannot control your behaviour then you have a mental illness or you were never taught properly by your parents.

the former can be treated via meds and the latter by therapy or a good old fashioned wooden spoon.

Ignorance and stupidity.

Behavior is shaped by the structure of the brain, the quantity of neurotransmitters and the impact of experiences in the development of the personality.
  • Options
    saborethsaboreth Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seriously? People can't control their behavior?

.....on what planet?
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    saboreth wrote: »
    Seriously? People can't control their behavior?

.....on what planet?

Well, some can't, but that's why the terms "mental illness/nervous disorder/brain damage/etc..." exist.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ignorance and stupidity.

Behavior is shaped by the structure of the brain, the quantity of neurotransmitters and the impact of experiences in the development of the personality.

that is actually what I said in layman's terms...

Well, some can't, but that's why the terms "mental illness/nervous disorder/brain damage/etc..." exist.

bingo. If you can't control your behaviour, you have mental issues
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For a while there, it felt like I was channel surfing and had come across the defense attorney presenting their defense during an episode of Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, or what was that other one? Or were there more...Trial by Jury, yea? Hrmmm...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Many cases of Tourette's Syndrome can be controlled by medication.

However, it should be noted that embracedsin was not discussing outliers of neurological dysfunction, but in fact has stated twice so far that no one is capable of controlling their behavior, that all we are is organic robots preprogrammed by genes and environment.

Which is obviously arrant nonsense, but there you go.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot believe after all this time someone actually expects people in Zone Chat on ESD to forgo their baser instincts. One of the great things about the internet is I get to meet people from all over and play this game with them. One of the bad things about the Internet is a lot of people are all too aware of the fact they can get away with the most outrageous behavior without fear of consequences.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    l live in the US and each state has laws against verbal harassment used in public.

And your Klan example, the Klan has to get a permit to march and hold their public rallies. If the don't obey the LAW they get arrested. But that's the whole point behind their marches and rallies. They stage the events to goad their victims into violence then when the cops tell them to disperse they willingly leave leaving a mob of angry unsatisfied people behind hoping mob mentality will spark violence.

The permit requirement is only for a group rally, like you say. An individual person still has the right to stand on a street corner and "preach", so long as they are not breaking any other law. If someone doesn't like what the person is saying, they have an equal right to stand their and argue with them, but neither person has a right to start attacking the other.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    simple question..

because off some sexual act; and what happened.

maybe I had nookie last night.?

whether its with your mother/sister/daughter..

does that give me the right too call them..

the 3 'S'

another question is!

would you let your mum/sister/daughter sit there and read what is said?

me thinks not..

if this post gets locked..

then cryptic may have a complaint filed against them for double standards.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    simple question..

because off some sexual act; and what happened.

maybe I had nookie last night.?

whether its with your mother/sister/daughter..

does that give me the right too call them..

the 3 'S'

another question is!

would you let your mum/sister/daughter sit there and read what is said?

me thinks not..

if this post gets locked..

then cryptic may have a complaint filed against them for double standards.

no I don't get his issue... but I'll try... the OP is complaining about... what? what is nookie? anyways, complaining about some kinky chat in zone... and is threatening to complain about poor moderation on the forums? What?
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I turned Zone Chat off about five minutes into playing this game. I have not turned it back on since. Turning off Zone Chat is one of the very first things I do with any new character I am creating. "Turn off Zone Chat." is also among the very first pieces of advice I give a new player.

This way, when my wife of twenty eight years or my twenty five year old daughter walk up and ask to see what I am playing, I do not have to worry about either of them seeing some stupid comment left in Chat by someone who has too much time on his hands and not nearly enough correct supervision.

While I'd like it very much if Cryptic permabanned people who made such comments in Chat or they actually had GM's who were worth an airborne rodent's donkey, I have no reason to go to Zone Chat on ESD until such time as either of these occur.

If it is raining outside and I do not like getting wet, I do not go outside until after the rain stops.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Many cases of Tourette's Syndrome can be controlled by medication.

However, it should be noted that embracedsin was not discussing outliers of neurological dysfunction, but in fact has stated twice so far that no one is capable of controlling their behavior, that all we are is organic robots preprogrammed by genes and environment.

Which is obviously arrant nonsense, but there you go.

I'm sure you're just trolling but i will reply regardless.

There are a some ideas people need to believe in regardless if they are true or not and regardless if they make any sense or not.
    Take " Free will" for example there isn't much proof for it in Neurology Psychiatry and Psychology yet people will believe it regardless because it's part of their identity and it provides emotional satisfaction.

The problem i have with the claim that people control their behavior is that it;s like claiming credit for having blue eyes. People do not chose their brain structure, they do not chose their personality type, they do not chose how well or bad their cognitive functions work. People do not chose how x y or z event from their life affects them. How can people control their behavior when they don't control their own structure and development? You can't take credit for being born normal.

Like it or not people are indeed biological robots.
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm sure you're just trolling but i will reply regardless.

There are a some ideas people need to believe in regardless if they are true or not and regardless if they make any sense or not.
    Take " Free will" for example there isn't much proof for it in Neurology Psychiatry and Psychology yet people will believe it regardless because it's part of their identity and it provides emotional satisfaction.

The problem i have with the claim that people control their behavior is that it;s like claiming credit for having blue eyes. People do not chose their brain structure, they do not chose their personality type, they do not chose how well or bad their cognitive functions work. People do not chose how x y or z event from their life affects them. How can people control their behavior when they don't control their own structure and development? You can't take credit for being born normal.

Like it or not people are indeed biological robots.

he isn't trolling he is correct. the only time a person cannot control their behavior is mental defects, neurological defects, or from chemical effects such as some drugs legal or illegal. what you're spouting are excuses no different than the yolo meme or 'we're only human/only male/only female etc.

you control your actions, or you can choose not to and create excuses for why you don't. you prefer the latter i see...that makes you more of an animal rather than human. further, there's is ample and overwhelming evidence of people controlling their behavior throughout history. even to simple things as people changing how they normally speak in private vs how they speak in public...or on these forums.

you are the troll...or stupid, perhaps both.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.