test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I think you need more or better servers...

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh well, low IQ then. Or ego just got struck.

Interesting...

Well, I have no ego to speak of.

And I havn't had the need to regress to name-calling or insults, witch seems to indicate my I.Q. (a term that is commonly considered obsolete because of the issues with comparing intelligence types) is likely well within acceptable margins.

Maybe you just lacked coherence in your post?
    Well, wait. Someone said the total opposite of this opinion in another thread. For him THIS is exactly the proof, that this game is doomed. He argued that the overall playerbase dropped that much that Cryptic reduced the server capacity to save money.

Isn't it funny how sometimes things can be interpretated ;-)

P.S. sorry for my bad grammer. It's late over here in Europe and I am too tired to spell check erverything in my dictionary ;-)

Not that late.. (Danish here).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't think about it before... Maybe the Internet is dying at all because "everyone" is pre-downloading this other game with the cars and the criminals ;-)
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    It's defnetely a punch in the stomach for those who claim the game is dying.

But extra ammunition for the "Get better/more servers" crowd.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    But extra ammunition for the "Get better/more servers" crowd.

More servers is always fun...

However, Maybe we should wait until the DR event is over... You know... To see if it's a permanent thing?
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't play at the moment (n)either. I also can't remember the last time I've posted three times in a row on this forum (n)either. Well that's nice (somehow).

:-)

Edit: Now I am curious about the difference between either and neither so I take the server down time for something constructive and practice my english grammer by checking various language-teaching webpages.

See you.

Nahari.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More servers is always fun...

However, Maybe we should wait until the DR event is over... You know... To see if it's a permanent thing?

Indeed, though i'm surprised that this is a thing in Week 2, not Week 1. Maybe people are here for the Double XP week because it makes the grind for levels/spec points slightly less than unbearable.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Indeed, though i'm surprised that this is a thing in Week 2, not Week 1. Maybe people are here for the Double XP week because it makes the grind for levels/spec points slightly less than unbearable.

This is why I think it's more likely that because of the lag we've had over the last few days since the last patch that the issue was a couple of the instance servers so they have brought them down to temporarily remove the lag issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Well Cryptic aren't really that good in advertising new things... Realistically, how much PR for this event have you seen apart from Cryptic official channels?

Cryptic should be able to boom the amount of players if they went into not just advertising on their webpage/Twitter/youtube, so they reach other people than the ones who already follow them...

But for some reason they don't.

What we are seeing, is probably the result of the "friend-to-friend" ..

STO Player to freind: "Yo dude, STO is having a Quick leveling event)..."
    Freind: When?
    STO player: "started last week".
    Freind: "Ok, gonna check it out this weekend".
  • Options
    seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't gotten a message saying the servers are full. That would actually be preferable to what I've been getting for the last three days.

Instead, every time I've logged in, I get struck down immediately with "Server Not Responding". I generally just give up and give it a few hours to see what happens, but this has been going on for the last three days straight.

I didn't have any problems before the delta recruit event, so I know it's not my connection. And I get that the game has a LOT of new players because of the recruit event. And I know that Neverwinter just unleashed their latest expansion, so the servers are under double the stress. But seriously, this is getting old. I want to play, but lately I'm spending more time playing other things because I simply -can't- play STO, or anything else by cryptic. Hell, I can't even run an alert in CO because of the server stress.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Now I am curious about the difference between either and neither so I take the server down time for something constructive and practice my english grammer by checking various language-teaching webpages.

Oh, that's easy. either is "this or that", neither is "not this, not that". You may check into "or" and "nor" while you're at it.

English doesn't make much sense.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    WE'VE?

Nope,no lag here and none of my friends either,so dont generelise since i doubt you speak for all the players of STO...

Have you not been reading zone chats the last couple of days? or the tech help forum here? HUNDREDS of people are getting lag since the last patch, plus the servers actually crashed earlier today (that would effect EVERY ONE)that's the we I'm talking about, we does not mean "all" it means a number that is more than one, and in the case it's hundreds, so get off your high horse, take that bug out from your butt and learn some manners.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    belidos wrote: »
    Have you not been reading zone chats the last couple of days? or the tech help forum here? HUNDREDS of people are getting lag since the last patch, plus the servers actually crashed earlier today (that would effect EVERY ONE)that's the we I'm talking about, we does not mean "all" it means a number that is more than one, and in the case it's hundreds, so get off your high horse, take that bug out from your butt and learn some manners.

Rule #36 on the STO forums: IF you refer to a group of people, always refer to them as "Some of us", or "Some of the players"...

Saying WE will always (understandably) provoke this response...
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2015
    YES!!! log in queue are back...

*rubs it on the sto doom sayers....*
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rule #36 on the STO forums: IF you refer to a group of people, always refer to them as "Some of us", or "Some of the players"...

Saying WE will always (understandably) provoke this response...

That doesn't justify the response....
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That doesn't justify the response....

Different people, different reasoning...

Some see the response as valid, others don't... Thats the problem with a system where people are taught free speech, and free thinking.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not really a rule that can be applied only to mmos,it also applies to life....oh "WE" hate the new sidewalks city hall had put on the main street....hmm maybe YOU do but i dont.

Oh would you look at that? "We" all hate rock,should be abolished...hmm no we dont,you do but dont include me in your group,when you speak you do as an individual and not for a whole group of people,so use WE like you are the self apointed spokesperson for everyone.

Have you ever thought that maybe people just don't want to include you?... it just may be a matter of you as opposed to the use of "we" :D
    signature.png
  • Options
    saipansaipan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://steamcharts.com/app/9900

its the extra 100 people that loaded the server
    i5 3570k GTX770 CM HAFX ASUS Z77 Sabertooth Creative SB Recon Antec HC850 OCZ 120GB OS Creative G500 5.1 ASUS VS248h-P WD Black 1TB
  • Options
    edited April 2015

And yes i am on a high horse but i will not get off it,when you post an opinion or something that is happening to you DONT INCLUDE ME IN IT,its clear that you dont speak for the comunity (thank god for that) since you had to resort to name calling and crude expressions to get your point (hahahaha) across,sooo good luck with that...

Did I mention you? no not at all, I did not include you, I said we not you, if you don't understand plain English then that is your problem, I do hope you get some help with that. To me someone seeing it the way you are and not how it was intended is the height of conceit, not everything revolves around or is aimed at you.
    Not really a rule that can be applied only to mmos,it also applies to life....oh "WE" hate the new sidewalks city hall had put on the main street....hmm maybe YOU do but i dont.

Oh would you look at that? "We" all hate rock,should be abolished...hmm no we dont,you do but dont include me in your group,when you speak you do as an individual and not for a whole group of people,so use WE like you are the self apointed spokesperson for everyone.

Only if you don't understand English and its context.

And that is where you slipped up, I did not say "we all" I simply said we, referring to a group of people, that's the difference, context.

Anyway that's not the point of this thread, the point is there is suddenly a queue and I expressed the opinion that maybe the lag a lot of us are experiencing as knocked out or forced them to shutdown some of the instance servers causing the maximum capacity to be reduced.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What response? this one?

"WE'VE?

Nope,no lag here and none of my friends either,so dont generelise since i doubt you speak for all the players of STO... "

Dont see anything wrong with that,i do have 10 fingers to type with and a brain so i find offensive that someone would speak for me,if i were brain dead and signed some sort of legal document at the notary i wouldnt mind but since that hasnt been done i dont want people speaking on my behalf since the information they are divulging is false.

Again...
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    saipan2 wrote: »
    http://steamcharts.com/app/9900

its the extra 100 people that loaded the server

Yea... that dosen't work...

Steam does not represent the playerbase as a whole, since alot of people use Ark, or like me, the stand alone client.

And you HAVE to assume that most use Arc to log into the game, as thats the primary method new players are channeled into the game.

I am not saying that STEAM might not be an indicator... Just that it isn't a proper indicator because of lacking numbers.
  • Options
    saipansaipan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ah ok. didnt know about arc...thanks
    i5 3570k GTX770 CM HAFX ASUS Z77 Sabertooth Creative SB Recon Antec HC850 OCZ 120GB OS Creative G500 5.1 ASUS VS248h-P WD Black 1TB
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Syllogism:
    1. I just want to be loved.
    2. I only feel loved while playing STO.
    3. I can't get into STO right now.
    :. I don't feel loved right now. :(

Cryptic, please help me. I am a human being ******mit.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Then its YOUR problem,when you wrote WE you should have let us know it was ONLY your friends,fleet mates or whatever people you hang out in game,but since you didnt really disclose that information the way you wrote WE made it look like it was a general WE as in the whole playerbase,maybe next time it should be you who gets a better grasp of plain english and learn to post.

Maybe something like this:

"This is why i think its more likely that because of the lag that me and my friends and fleetmates have suffered or had over the last few days since the last patch that the issue was a couple of the instance servers so they have brought them down to temporarily remove the lag issue."

See,couple of changes and you could have saved yourself all this,anyway im done with you so adios...

*cough*
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    saipan2 wrote: »
    ah ok. didnt know about arc...thanks

I DO think we need a similar function, like Steam-charts for Arc...
  • Options
    edited April 2015

"This is why i think its more likely that because of the lag that me and my friends and fleetmates have suffered or had over the last few days since the last patch that the issue was a couple of the instance servers so they have brought them down to temporarily remove the lag issue."

See,couple of changes and you could have saved yourself all this,anyway im done with you so adios...

True ... IF it was only my friends family and fleet mates, but no it wasn't it was a HUGE chunk of the payer base, hundreds of people were complaining earlier, zone chat in ESD was going absolutely mad, hence why the more generic we. we still does not include you unless you are part of the set of people being affected, thinking I'm talking about you is just conceit.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've had ques in SWG, WoW, and every other mmo I've ever played ... sooner or later they all have a time where more people are trying to play than the game can support.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    two times the same link?

Gee man get a clue,not responding because its not worth the time or effort to do so,should have been clear by now...

Well isn't that hypocritical... you waste your time on something as insignificant as "we" or "we've" yet when it comes to something that actually does include you.... you don't say anything?
    Smells like a troll
    signature.png
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Then its YOUR problem,when you wrote WE you should have let us know it was ONLY your friends,fleet mates or whatever people you hang out in game,but since you didnt really disclose that information the way you wrote WE made it look like it was a general WE as in the whole playerbase,maybe next time it should be you who gets a better grasp of plain english and learn to post.

Dude, you're a bully. It's not anybody else's responsibility to spare themselves from your irrational wrath. When he said "we", he was colloquially referring to the hundreds of players on a daily basis who experience severe lag in stfs, complain about it in in-game channels to the point that the DPS League started an independent investigation of the cause. Longtime players have noticed an extreme degradation in performance since DR, and everybody except you apparently knows this has been a major point of discussion for some time.

People who fixate on the colloquial use of a word as a point of debate are acting like children. You know exactly what the word "we" means, and how he used it. There are no absolute definitions of words, and as it happens, his implicit claim that lag has been a major problem for a large number of players is just flat out empirically the case. You're just giving him a hard time for stupid reasons known only to you. Grats, you are one of the few not experiencing lag issues. However, you're also an TRIBBLE. I'd rather be a lagging decent person.
    :rolleyes:
    Greenbird
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    I got in and out. I'm pure f2p.

All these people claiming you can jump ahead by paying are ridiculous.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7009153
    monthy benefits while subscribed;

500 Bonus ZEN each month

Increased Energy Credit Storage Limit

Access to an additional 1000 Dilithium Refinement every 48 hours (Doff Mission)

One Captain Retrain Token per rank

Access to gaining Veteran Rewards

No low-level Chat Limits

Priority Login

Access to our test server, Tribble to test and check out new content!

Over $50 value each month!