test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Week 2!

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    Thanks, everso! I did what you suggested. I did find more items my recruit needed to claim. I still can't access the Delta Recruit link on my other toons main screen (the one that opens up for my Recruit) but I was able to go to the agent in First City/ESD and claim a small reward. Wasn't much... 10 marks (whoopee! I'm wealthy). Hopefully there will be more to come. :rolleyes:

That's actually working as intended. The Delta UI link/window is only for Delta Recruits. It will never open up on your main. The only way to claim stuff on your main is to go to the temporal agent.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • hausenfeffahausenfeffa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, speaking of MACO, you guys gonna fix it so I can get the last 2 costume unlocks?
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know, but rewards I get from finding things (the boxes which give you Reputation Marks) - I can only claim them with my Delta Recruit... I thought I could claim any reward with any other character other then the Delta Recruit. So far, there wasn't been any I can claim on any other character, wtf?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone else finding the game really slow, post maintainance? Took forever to load to the character list and longer to get into the game. Mail, loading doff missions, using the replicator or the exchange, all running slow.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the game really slow, post maintainance? Took forever to load to the character list and longer to get into the game. Mail, loading doff missions, using the replicator or the exchange, all running slow.

I tried to play one of the episodes with my Delta Recruit and when I beamed down to ground map my loading screen just went to Server Not Responding.

After waiting for about 8 minutes, I closed the game with Alt-F4 and now I can't even enter the game with that char. It instantly goes to Server Not Responding forever mode.

Something is terribly wrong after maintenance.

UPDATE: Seems to be fine now.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Our Delta Recruitment continues into week 2, earning new rewards for Recruits! As Delta Recruits unlock the Duty Officer system, they'll have even more opportunities to help prepare against the fight against the Iconians!

Learn more about how you can help against the Iconians!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Our Delta Recruitment continues into week 2, earning new rewards for Recruits! As Delta Recruits unlock the Duty Officer system, they'll have even more opportunities to help prepare against the fight against the Iconians!

LOL @Buy Ferengi War Bonds. Good one.

As for the progress bar, does the length of time/type of DOff mission weigh-in on the about of progress is added to the bar, or just simply completing a DOff assigment? Ie, is it more beneficial to run a bunch of 30min assignments if we can be logged on more often?

As for the rewards? Commendation points? Meh. >shrug<

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So... who is going to spent/waste time on his Delta when there is a bonus XP week? :rolleyes:
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a question about the whole Delta recruit thing.

If I create a Delta Recruit today, do the tutorial and then get hit on the head and wind up in a coma for 6 months, when I wake up, can I come back and play my recruit and get the unlocks as I play, or is it strictly only during this event?

I've looked around for a definitive answer, but apparently my search-fu is weak. I've seen players say that once created, take your time and get the rewards whenever. Others have said it's only for the event. I've tried following the Dev tracker but I have been told that some Devs don't show up on it and I could simply be missing something that was officially said because of that.

So, any way I could get an official answer, or a link to one?

Now, as for the week 2 rewards. Sounds interesting. It'll be even more interesting to see if players can hit tier 2 let alone tier 3. Any bonus is good bonus so I'm not worried. Just interested in just how popular this part of the event will be. I enjoy DOffing so I'll be doing my part.

Edited to add:
    So... who is going to spent/waste time on his Delta when there is a bonus XP week? :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I've been wondering too. I know my Delta won't be getting a lot of playtime, but DOffing is a pretty quick process so it won't be a huge deal for me to spend 15 minutes getting DOff missions.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Well, since this week you can DOFF on your Delta to progress the reward for next week, it seems Cryptic has given it more thought than you have.
  • paramvirmodiparamvirmodi Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    making another character and ramping him/her up is out of the question for me. anyways I have struggled enough for the first DR.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Are any DOFF missions excluded from this?
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is perfect. I'll keep my Recruits Doffing while my main goes nuts with the bonus XP. And I'll probably power level a Recruit in another faction. A sincere bravo to the crew on this one.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I have a question about the whole Delta recruit thing.

If I create a Delta Recruit today, do the tutorial and then get hit on the head and wind up in a coma for 6 months, when I wake up, can I come back and play my recruit and get the unlocks as I play, or is it strictly only during this event?

I've looked around for a definitive answer, but apparently my search-fu is weak. I've seen players say that once created, take your time and get the rewards whenever. Others have said it's only for the event. I've tried following the Dev tracker but I have been told that some Devs don't show up on it and I could simply be missing something that was officially said because of that.

So, any way I could get an official answer, or a link to one?

Now, as for the week 2 rewards. Sounds interesting. It'll be even more interesting to see if players can hit tier 2 let alone tier 3. Any bonus is good bonus so I'm not worried. Just interested in just how popular this part of the event will be. I enjoy DOffing so I'll be doing my part.

Edited to add:

That's exactly what I've been wondering too. I know my Delta won't be getting a lot of playtime, but DOffing is a pretty quick process so it won't be a huge deal for me to spend 15 minutes getting DOff missions.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards

The original announcement has a Q&A at the bottom, it says this:
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Are any DOFF missions excluded from this?

Knowing the little bit about the doff system that I do, I suspect they'd have a really hard time excluding some intentionally. But the RND system is altogether different so crafting should have no effect.

I also suspect that the meter tracks either skill or commendation points so big projects are worth more than small ones. Means spam that infiltrate the orion syndicate and both gorn uprising (suppress and support) and the big sphere recruiting and development missions since those all give well over a thousand points each.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    Well, since this week you can DOFF on your Delta to progress the reward for next week, it seems Cryptic has given it more thought than you have.

That is a matter of perspective, something you're obviously not familar with.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Knowing the little bit about the doff system that I do, I suspect they'd have a really hard time excluding some intentionally. But the RND system is altogether different so crafting should have no effect.

I also suspect that the meter tracks either skill or commendation points so big projects are worth more than small ones. Means spam that infiltrate the orion syndicate and both gorn uprising (suppress and support) and the big sphere recruiting and development missions since those all give well over a thousand points each.

That would make sense. If it's just "doff mission completion" as the article suggests, then I could go on a tear and grind a ton of useless purples and blues into whites to feed my starbase, thus driving up the meter and getting my DR toon much needed fleet credits.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards

The original announcement has a Q&A at the bottom, it says this:
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.

Oh, sure, throw the blog with all the information in my face why don'tcha. :P

After glancing at it when it was originally released, I guess I never went back and read it. So, I went looking for answers on the forums and by talking to players, getting no clear answer.

At least I'm not the only one who apparently didn't thoroughly read the blog since others I asked didn't know either.

Thanks for the answer.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh Cryptic ... , you know we would buy Ferengi War Bonds ... -- if you'd make Ferengi playable across all factions !!!

... please ... ? :o
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can I pretty please have that Iconian outfit for my Orion!? :D
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh my god, this goal was tailor-made for me. Doffing is the majority of what I do and enjoy in this game.

Much love.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • lab27lab27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will doff the Iconians to death!

Everybody doff the Iconians!!!!!
    edited April 2015
    Oh joy, the account server is being a jerk again.

>_>
    <_<

Why should I be surprised?
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for making the second week a Doffing one so that the bonus xp can be used to give a little help to our (us existing players that didn't make the Delta Recruit our main) main characters.

With the change to the Advance queues, plus this, it is starting to look as though the change in command is the right choice so far. This is a huge improvement over things not being thought through. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Timed out, kicked out. Le sigh.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • lab27lab27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It´s an Iconian attack to counter our doff flood!
    edited April 2015
    lab27 wrote: »
    It´s an Iconian attack to counter our doff flood!

Do you think if you breathe on me, I might catch your enthusiasm?