test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Week 2!

Comments

• shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've reported the problems some users are having with the Treasure Trading Station.

Good to hear. This is a potentially bigger annoyance than usual since all of those new DR characters have a mission completion requirement for some of their rewards. Hopefully some kind of fix or work-around will be forthcoming on the order of Real Soon Now(tm).
    edited April 2015
    To clarify, it's only the Episode specific rewards that can't be claimed. The general rewards can. However, to get all rewards (which does include those episode ones), you seem to need to have a Fed, a Rom AND a KDF Delta Recruit. Annoying since I can't possibly get any more character slots.

What? I don't recall seeing any such requirement on the rewards blog. Just that you complete all storyline missions for that faction. Unless I'm very much mistaken you should be able to get all of the rewards by running a single character.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What? I don't recall seeing any such requirement on the rewards blog. Just that you complete all storyline missions for that faction. Unless I'm very much mistaken you should be able to get all of the rewards by running a single character.

There seem to be faction specific rewards related to faction specific episodes.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    So MACOs are US Marines all of a sudden? I really don't dig your propaganda poster line guys.
    The USMC uses Katanas?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aaaaaaaaaand results!

So, in regards to the Treasure Trading Station. If you're currently experiencing problems, we are aware and have a fix in the works. Right now due to the large influx of players on day 1, there is a problem that can occasionally creep up and affect players. We expect this to level out, but we're still going to have a fix just in case.

Yay!

~LaughingTrendy
    edited April 2015
    There seem to be faction specific rewards related to faction specific episodes.

Related to the Delta Recruits?

*looks over the list again*

Like what?
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aaaaaaaaaand results!

So, in regards to the Treasure Trading Station. If you're currently experiencing problems, we are aware and have a fix in the works. Right now due to the large influx of players on day 1, there is a problem that can occasionally creep up and affect players. We expect this to level out, but we're still going to have a fix just in case.

Yay!

~LaughingTrendy

Will it break anything in the Delta Recruit system to skip the mission for now and go back to it once the fix is in?
    edited April 2015
    Related to the Delta Recruits?

*looks over the list again*

Like what?

Try looking at the Reward Vendor rather than the incomplete blog post. You will notice reward packs for Faction Specific episodes.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
    edited April 2015
    Try looking at the Reward Vendor rather than the incomplete blog post. You will notice reward packs for Faction Specific episodes.

Those are for just that character. The account unlocks aren't like that.
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Those are for just that character. The account unlocks aren't like that.

Oh, are those the gear packs? Yeah, those should be phaser type weapons for Fed, disruptor for KDF and plasma for Romulans right?
    edited April 2015
    Oh, are those the gear packs? Yeah, those should be phaser type weapons for Fed, disruptor for KDF and plasma for Romulans right?

Nah, he's talking about the rewards for arc completion. Which are rep marks.
    edited April 2015

I believe they are 1000 dil and some fleet marks, they are claimable acc wide, but need to be unlocked by doing the corresponding episode with a Delta Recruit.

That's 1000 Dil I can't get because they won't let me BUY (yes, the Dil rate is so high now the only real way to get Zen is to buy it) more char slots. I've never seen a company stop people from buying things. If it's a server space issue, well, it seems over 90% of people have less than 10 characters, so would it really matter if a few people have over 52 characters? No.

EDIT: The boxes I am referring to are the ones titled "Story Arc Completed - [Arc Name] ([Faction Name])", they contain 1000 Dil and 100 Fleet Marks, some contain more Dil and Marks, such as "Story Arc Completed - Klingon War (Federation).

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Will it break anything in the Delta Recruit system to skip the mission for now and go back to it once the fix is in?
    I don't believe so. I have some peoples on it trying to get a fix in asap though, just in case.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can we have MORE of these events its fun you can tie the events into the upcoming iconian war
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    EDIT: The boxes I am referring to are the ones titled "Story Arc Completed - [Arc Name] ([Faction Name])", they contain 1000 Dil and 100 Fleet Marks, some contain more Dil and Marks, such as "Story Arc Completed - Klingon War (Federation).

Man I hate to say it, but that reward is really not worth the money to buy two new slots, nor the time it'd take to level the toons. I mean, fair play to you, you've already got 50 toons you're saying. I've just started my 16th and that took some consideration. But really, you could get the same reward with a few runs of CCA. You wont miss out on any of the account unlocks with just one Delta Recruit.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't believe so. I have some peoples on it trying to get a fix in asap though, just in case.

Can we gets someone to fix the fleet b'rel costume too? I am really enjoying this Delta Recruitment but once I have no more use for this one ship can't really use it since the costume is bugged on my fleet b'rel :(
    edited April 2015
    Man I hate to say it, but that reward is really not worth the money to buy two new slots, nor the time it'd take to level the toons. I mean, fair play to you, you've already got 50 toons you're saying. I've just started my 16th and that took some consideration. But really, you could get the same reward with a few runs of CCA. You wont miss out on any of the account unlocks with just one Delta Recruit.

It's less about the real reward, but it's more about having a Delta Recruit in every faction. I've always been annoyed by the Char Limit, if I want to buy more, I should be able to. What kind of company turns down a customer?

Ah, but remember, 50 x 1000 x (how many missions are faction specific), would equal more than the Dil needed for 625 Zen, even at today's really bloated prices. So it actually would be a worthwhile reward.

edited April 2015
    It's less about the real reward, but it's more about having a Delta Recruit in every faction. I've always been annoyed by the Char Limit, if I want to buy more, I should be able to. What kind of company turns down a customer?

Ah, but remember, 50 x 1000 x (how many missions are faction specific), would equal more than the Dil needed for 625 Zen, even at today's really bloated prices. So it actually would be a worthwhile reward.

It wouldn't be 50 x 1000 though, it's 1000 per arc up to the start of the Dyson Sphere missions. So like 6 for Feds, can't recall how many arcs the other factions have though I think it's probably around the same.

Edit: That said, the completionist in me can understand your want to have one on all factions.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited April 2015

I could see maybe 75-80 but not 50. Heck if they did some minor things I have been asking them to do over past 4.5 years they would have had tons of happier customers, more money/profit, and a much healthier game. It is all about balance when it comes to multi faction games. The reputations didn't help much for the alt game though. Sometimes I want to make lots more federation characters because I have so many KDF but the way they design things makes it where I do not want to take it close or near the character limit.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't find the Iconian artifact in Researcher Rescue.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hebda wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it in some of "Recruitment Ads" but anyone else notice that when we complete the tutorial we don't get our usual "OMG, you've played for 5 years, here is all the accolades that you have acquired in that" dings? Also, I noticed that the 700 day Vet Reward for bonus XP is missing as well. I'm sure it's intentional, but would have been nice to know. I kind of miss all those bonuses I get from my years as a player. Yes, I know this this is to put new players on an even keel with us vets, but seriously, until they get all the accolades and the vet rewards, they aren't ever really on the same sheet as we are, since we also have years of events under our belts as well. Just saying.

First off they wouldn't "intentionally" remove the 700 day skill point bonus vet reward. That wouldn't be good business.

Second you have to get your character to level 5 before you get all veteran accolades and rewards. Once you reach level 5 you should have your skill point bonus, be able to claim an Android bridge officer (if you qualify for it), and so on. I know this to be a fact because my Talaxian a few months ago had a bunch of accolades pop up at level 5 for the veteran rewards and I was able to go to ESD and claim my Android boff.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Delta stuff in missions with have a little delta symbol over the item.. you may need to look for em.. haven't had any problem finiding them but you may on ocasion have to look around a bit... Try using the "S" key and see if you can scan for it if its not in front of you.

My own question is I've reaced level 12 on a KDF aligned Romulan and i did want to pop in and do the FE (mostly for that lovely little Plasma Repeater pistol!) I like that hand gun! and the game will not let me select it.. I don't know if this is by design or a bug. I should be able to do the mission at level 10 as long as my Rom toon as picked a side which I have..

SO curious about that.. If a dev is checking this thread I might not be the only one curious here... It can wait, it won't kill me but I was really kinda planning on getting that pistol darnit!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Delta stuff in missions with have a little delta symbol over the item.. you may need to look for em.. haven't had any problem finiding them but you may on ocasion have to look around a bit... Try using the "S" key and see if you can scan for it if its not in front of you.

My own question is I've reaced level 12 on a KDF aligned Romulan and i did want to pop in and do the FE (mostly for that lovely little Plasma Repeater pistol!) I like that hand gun! and the game will not let me select it.. I don't know if this is by design or a bug. I should be able to do the mission at level 10 as long as my Rom toon as picked a side which I have..

SO curious about that.. If a dev is checking this thread I might not be the only one curious here... It can wait, it won't kill me but I was really kinda planning on getting that pistol darnit!

The only thing I can scan in Researcher Rescue is a dead body killed by Gorn. No Delta icon on the map.
    edited April 2015
    I can't find the Iconian artifact in Researcher Rescue.

It's out in the grass next to a tree somewhere in the swamp. Just keep scanning with your tricorder, get rid of the R+D nodes and you'll find it.
    edited April 2015
    It's out in the grass next to a tree somewhere in the swamp. Just keep scanning with your tricorder, get rid of the R+D nodes and you'll find it.

Yeah I tend to do that now that crafting is viable again. For years though I just ignored them and played it old school where kdf scanner was broken :)
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I tend to do that now that crafting is viable again. For years though I just ignored them and played it old school where kdf scanner was broken :)

Hahaha yeah that was irritating as hell on the missions where you had to scan five of whatever on a planet when playing as KDF. So much time spent running around the map looking for them.
    edited April 2015
    Hahaha yeah that was irritating as hell on the missions where you had to scan five of whatever on a planet when playing as KDF. So much time spent running around the map looking for them.

I once spent like 5 or 6 hours off and on trying to find that 5th flora lol.

If anyone hasn't done the KDF side during this they need too someone did A LOT of work on them. I'm not sure if they just did it or what but especially these ones that had all the old first city map on them none of that is in them anymore. I went and did that one with bat'leth tournament and was very surprised how much it changed.

Way better than to scan the un-scannable flora. As well as poison the well that could not be found in the one map where the one guy forgot to put the well into the map I am sure maps like that were a big reason they removed all that broken content which I had no problem with them doing lol. Remove bad, fix up good, make better I say :D
    edited April 2015
    It wouldn't be 50 x 1000 though, it's 1000 per arc up to the start of the Dyson Sphere missions. So like 6 for Feds, can't recall how many arcs the other factions have though I think it's probably around the same.

Edit: That said, the completionist in me can understand your want to have one on all factions.

50 x 1000 per arc. Let's say each faction has 4 unique (spreading the multi-faction) ones. That would be 4 you can get, and 8 you can't. That's 400000 Dil i'm missing out on (more probably because my Delta Recruit is a KDF, and Feds get one arc that gives 5000 Dil and 500 FM), roughly 1900 Zen at today's inflated rates.

I really should give up hope, spend another [Redacted] on my alt account to get all the stuff I have on my main, then spend another few months waiting for the reps and R&D schools to be raised to their max (T5 and Lvl 15 respectively). They seem not to want my money any more. They seem to just totally ignore requests for being able to buy more character slots. How difficult would it be to add?

Changing: canbuymorecharacterslots true if currentcharacterslots <50 else canbuymorecharacterslots false TO
    canbuymorecharacterslots true if currentcharacterslots <52 else canbuymorecharacterslots false

It shouldn't be the work of a few minutes, meaning my roughly $6.25 purchase would probably cover the costs of letting people buy more character slots.

• jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    So MACOs are US Marines all of a sudden? I really don't dig your propaganda poster line guys.

no, Macos are Starfleet Marines. But still Marines. Semper Fi.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    So ah... We're gonna get that sword right? Katana preferably but I'll settle for a Sabre...

I Second this :)
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg