Install Arc

Iconian Intelligence File #248

13»

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    .Intelligence indicates that the Iconians' numbers are few

Me no likely .

... and not just because of my reservations about military intelligence ...
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    In 200,000 years I'm pretty confident in saying that a population can thrive, even in half that time. Why are we suppose to believe that in 200,000 they haven't grown in numbers again?

Off hand I'd say because it will make it easier to throw them under the bus when the time comes .

... just like the Undine were with the first episode of DR ... -- remember the Undine , the once upon a time big bad ESD destroyer's and Quo'nos attackers ...
  • freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anything with an HP bar becomes a trivial shadow of it's once impressive mythos.

I hope we never actually get to fight an Iconian, their stooges are fair gain.
    Though their tech should make them almost indestructable, just give us goals to accomplisch while being afraid of the iconians.

Perhaps we could prep a super weapon, then fire it to destroy a gateway,
    all the while the iconian forces will force us to keep on the evasive.

Actual strategy...

But given how they trivialized the Vaudwaur and Voth tech, it will probably be an all out slug fest again... :-(
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, the heralds arent that tough, MK XIV gear can kill one in just 2 min.....:) no lie...but if you DONT have Mk XIV gear then do as sela says and RUUUUUUUUN! if you see yer Boffs having a tough time run to a safe zone...and tell them to stop what their doing and get the frack out of there....

i loved that mission though...gave me an idea of what an Iconian looked like....

im told they rival the founders, the Q and the Undine

You can kill them? mine disappeared after getting him to half his HP,. I thought it was scripted so I never tried to kill him after my first attempt.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bioixi wrote: »
    You can kill them? mine disappeared after getting him to half his HP,. I thought it was scripted so I never tried to kill him after my first attempt.
    It is, but it's fun shooting the thing anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I was thinking, if the Iconians here were changed or made into demigod-like beings by passing through the Barrier the way Gary Mitchel was... well, the solution is the Gary Mitchel counter.

We're going to need a Gorn with a big rock.
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Hmmm only a few Iconians left? Why don't we make some giant planet moving device... load Iconia into it then fire it towards the Andreodea Galaxy?

Hey one way could be to trap the Iconians inside the Andromeda Sphere and fiqure out a way to make the central star go supernova but disable the gateway network to trap the Iconians and let them be put in the history books once and for all.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey one way could be to trap the Iconians inside the Andromeda Sphere and fiqure out a way to make the central star go supernova but disable the gateway network to trap the Iconians and let them be put in the history books once and for all.

Revisit nelen's cut scenes. That is what happened to the solonae, they escaped into subspace and survived. If the servants can the masters probably can too.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Contact with the barrier has been known to give mere mortals almost god-like power. What terrible wonders can a race that can cross it at will be capable of?

We must learn everything we can about the Heralds and the Iconians before they are at our doors.

~LaughingTrendy

Wow Trendy. Those "Herald" sentinels look way awesome. Great Job to the Artists on that race. Can we get some (1920x1080) hidef desktops of those guys please?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • vangarianalphavangarianalpha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Galvanising the Aliance

I would imagine that now would be a great time for the Federation diplomats to attempt to open channels to the Organians, the Metrons and even the Telosians on any useful information concerning the Iconians. They could also try knocking on the door of the First Federation and have a long overdue chat with their representatives on possible solidarity against a common foe. It would be interesting to see the development of missions through the diplomatic chore along those lines. Come to think about it, perhaps a diplomatic overture with the Tholians with the topic of an alliance against a common threat from the Iconians wouldn't be too far fetched.

On another area of thought, Selene pointed out that the Iconians had severe problems with Time Travel because it interfered with their time indexed memory matrix. They would lose parts or all of the their memory if they participated in time travel and thus go insane. I wonder if a burst of hi-density chronoton particals would be sufficient to cut them down to size?

Just a few humble thoughts from a humble player for our developer friends out there. :cool:
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If we're winding up as simply a "resistance" to the Iconians for a while, well... what happens when that's over, and the legitimate governments start to reform? Is everyone going to come back to them? Or will some take the advantage to break off into splinter factions thinking they can carve territory out and make a name for themselves separately? The most likely candidate to be fighting in the aftermath, is that, I'd guess.

Also, re: earlier post:

I think the rock used on Mitchell was a lot bigger and heavier than the ones the Gorn throw. Though get a couple of the Nimbus cliff hurlers together... hmm.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Off hand I'd say because it will make it easier to throw them under the bus when the time comes.
    That would suck. The Iconian threat has been the driving force behind the entire story content thus far (well, most of it). To suddenly throw them under the bus seems... a waste.
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... just like the Undine were with the first episode of DR ... -- remember the Undine , the once upon a time big bad ESD destroyer's and Quo'nos attackers ...
    The Undine never had trouble reproducing; their attack on ESD/Qo'nos (etc) was defeated cause we (eventually) had superior numbers. That and we're capable of fighting them.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The design of the heralds, the direction of the story, the new missions, the sector revamp. S10 is looking like its gonna go back to the days of seasons knocking it out the park.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When did the 6-eyes part of Iconian/Heralds stop being just for the Dewa 3 wildlife after the Dewans went extinct?
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would imagine that now would be a great time for the Federation diplomats to attempt to open channels...
    All of these are capital ideas that would make interesting plot seeds.
    On another area of thought, Selene pointed out that the Iconians had severe problems with Time Travel because it interfered with their time indexed memory matrix. They would lose parts or all of the their memory if they participated in time travel and thus go insane. I wonder if a burst of hi-density chronoton particals would be sufficient to cut them down to size?
    I know who you're talking about, but that mistype brought a certain Marvelverse sorceress to mind, and amusement ensued. Of course, your theory does bring new possible relevance to chroniton ordinance...
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fsuika wrote: »
    :( oh god i'm gonna puke

cryptic please stop referencing terrible TOS material and just retcon the **** out of it

I guess if it's 'terrible' you shouldn't watch anything it sold to the studios either. Since something 'terrible' should have never made it in.

Since it was the second pilot of TOS, well, that includes every last thing ever to exist in Star Trek.

How 'terrible'. :p
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hrmm, the more I see of the Heralds...the more I'm picturing various NCSoft fantasy MMOs and wondering what they're doing in Star Trek.

Cause I mean...it's just screaming a few fantasy games at me.

edit: Don't get me wrong, if I was playing some fantasy game - I'd be like, "Dayum, those look freakin' awesome!" - but er, I'm not playing some fantasy game.

Virulent Hoola-Hooper: Just for the fun of it, I did a quick google on the phrase "Is Star Trek Science Fiction or Fantasy?" and the number one link was:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/10755-Star-Trek-Science-Fiction-or-Fantasy

I myself did read a bit down into that thread and I have to say some compelling thoughts on the subject did come out. I thought you might like to peruse it as well. Yeah? ;D

P.S. I only followed the link 'cause it was first in the search result, not because of the website it's attached to. I have no knowledge or association with "GateWorld".

Best regards,

T9
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png