test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate after last patch on April 7, 2015

skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
The game seemed to patch fine, but when I tried to log on I got this message pretty much immediately after I hit the "login" button:

"Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Also, I had no problem logging on before this patch.
Post edited by skurf on

Comments

• sb1980sb1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same thing happened here.
  • docastondocaston Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happening to me as well Ticket submitted. Will advise if fixed.
  • sawlasawla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am still getting that error
    Commanding Officer James J. Clark
    U.S.S. Eagle NCC-98900-C
    Member of Starfleet Elite Force
    Join Date Beta to Now
  • xbpathfinderxbpathfinder Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Was able to get in after using a proxy to california. Although I experienced more lag than usual.

Later on that didn't even work, so I tried florida (several times) and finally got in.

The launcher always comes up with the error, can't connect to account server. And when it does connect it says unable to authenticate.

Things like this makes me hesitant to spend $300USD on a lifetime subscription.

If **** like this keeps happening I'm ditching my Sto account and giving Star citizen a go. Don't try to blame my computer cryptic or my internet connection.
    100k Dps Member =) Flying in space is great! When there is no lag...
    dps.shivtr.com/
  • mindgames265mindgames265 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    star citizen is good lobby space shooter atm. Nothing really there yet past the combat part. Also it's brutal on most computers I'm running a i7 960 with a gtx 980 for graphics and it still has a few hickups even after I moved it to a ssd. But the full day of down time for a lot of players today without any response from admin here is kinda blah imo.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also can't even connect.
  • lorderavenlorderaven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also 2 friends have had this bug and said it can jam them up for up to a day....kind sad as I am running a few events...dont know if its cryptic or arc or what but someone need to uncork the dev team and instead of the nerf how about fixing the bugs