psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
From the latest Tribble notes:
Foundry:
  • Added Earth Spacedock as a UGC Map.
  • Added numerous Earth Spacedock Map Support Objects, including:
    • Turbolift and Club 47 Doors
    • Ops Holographic Consoles
    • Ship Markers
  • Added Ground Scale Ship models for use in the ESD Docking Bay and other maps.
  • Added a number of Space Stations.
  • Updated the UGC Version of the Bajor Planet to use the proper material.

:eek:
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was just thinking...space stations would be cool. and of course esd spacedock = sweet.
  • Options
    rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They're in the process of getting cataloged!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Foundry:
    Added Earth Spacedock as a UGC Map.
    Added numerous Earth Spacedock Map Support Objects, including:
    Turbolift and Club 47 Doors
    Ops Holographic Consoles
    Ship Markers
    Added Ground Scale Ship models for use in the ESD Docking Bay and other maps.
    Added a number of Space Stations.
    Updated the UGC Version of the Bajor Planet to use the proper material.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looks like some cool stuff incoming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We need ground bad guy ships! Don't forget the bad guy ships! :O

(For the purposes of "bad guy ships" - Caitains are included.)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Fair warning, I'm bad at my job, and screwed a number of things up.

1) Space Stations (and the Groundscale ships?) are set for ground only.
    2) ESD doesn't have it's "Room Platform" set. Please avoid placing things using the room platform in this map for now.

I'll be working on fixing those, but the second might take a while. . . sorry :/
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    We need ground bad guy ships! Don't forget the bad guy ships! :O

(For the purposes of "bad guy ships" - Caitains are included.)

Sorry, like most Foundry additions, I didn't make any new art, just added the ships we already had, which were mostly from Shipyards & Missions.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another bug to report, the preview images in the map editor don't seem to be rendering properly. No idea what's causing this, as I haven't see anything like it before.

CCEo4iXWgAEdRG1.png
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Taco, all I ask is that we can still have the stations on the ground and in space, if they can be flagged dual use, that would be awesome, if such tagging doesnt exist...I hate to ask, but can you duplicate them? There are alot of things we can do structurally with the art for the stations on the ground, not the least of which would be to build sky castles :)

I dont see it as a TRIBBLE up, just an oversight in adding them to space as well :)

As far as ESD is concerned, blame Primar13 :D
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Taco is now my new favourite edible.

Here's some of our new toys:

cTsEesh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/cTsEesh.jpg
    29eGI0e.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/29eGI0e.jpg
    80CD9a0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/80CD9a0.jpg
    rXRKkqu.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/rXRKkqu.jpg

We have, IF they stay ground-available, so many starbases we can use as forced-perspective city backdrops (up close they are too small for buildings) - except the Reman Vault which you could easily build, say, an apartment overlooking the Reman city.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    80CD9a0.jpg

You Maniacs! You Blew It Up!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    As if I wasn't excited enough for S10 ...

Thank you guys so much! These are going to have a TON of uses. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I just checked in a fix that I *THINK* will allow the stations to be used both on ground maps and in space. I can't really test it though, so you'll just have to wait and see.

I'm guessing it will be another week or two before this makes it out to you guys though. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I just checked in a fix that I *THINK* will allow the stations to be used both on ground maps and in space. I can't really test it though, so you'll just have to wait and see.

I'm guessing it will be another week or two before this makes it out to you guys though. Sorry about that.

Better late than bugged. Take your time, and thanks again. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Sorry about that.

Quit apologizing for doing awesome things. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Quit apologizing for doing awesome things. :P

Sorry for apologizing so much.
  • Options
    rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Dangit Taco, you had one job...
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dangit Taco, you had one job...

and that was to provide awesome? and he did it?

What have you done that is awesome yet today sir?
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would like to THANK Tacofangs for this bug, because if it hadn't happened I'm guessing these items would have been "properly" tagged as space from the get go and we wouldn't be able to use them on the ground. However using them on the ground is going to open up all kind of cool storytelling options for foundry authors, so that is going to be awesome.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You sound Canadian...
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, like most Foundry additions, I didn't make any new art, just added the ships we already had, which were mostly from Shipyards & Missions.

Is the Elachi ship from the Romulan Tutorial and one of thel ater Romulan missions about? :P

Those screenshots are awesome... All hail taco!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Holy TRIBBLE, that is awesome! Thanks so much Taco!
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Taco, these are just the bee's knees. People are going to have a lot of fun with these, me thinks.

So, well done. :)
  • Options
    arincdiarincdi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes! I love a lot of the changes we've got here.

I'm especially grateful for the fact that we now have prop costumes! FINALLY I can have a computer picture when I have the computer saying something!

So, silly question... is there a formal request thread floating around anywhere? I have a lot of ideas to share, about 80% of which I'm sure someone's already thought of and asked for, and I'd rather not overburden the devs with "asked and answered" stuff, but you know how it is when you've just gotta share!
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arincdi wrote: »
    Yes! I love a lot of the changes we've got here.

I'm especially grateful for the fact that we now have prop costumes! FINALLY I can have a computer picture when I have the computer saying something!

So, silly question... is there a formal request thread floating around anywhere? I have a lot of ideas to share, about 80% of which I'm sure someone's already thought of and asked for, and I'd rather not overburden the devs with "asked and answered" stuff, but you know how it is when you've just gotta share!

just search this forum. its not as long as the main forum.

cool about the prop costumes.

and dear lord the cityscapes and ships on ground opens up a whole world of more intricate ground map design and story telling.

thanks taco. You the man now dog.
  • Options
    rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the starbases! These are going to be handy for many authors. :D .

There is somthing I would like to request - the captain-only volume from this list:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1276431

There are a few volumes hree that would really open-up possibilities. Anyway, only a suggestion. I can imagine you have your hands full at the moment.