test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can you not get a server back up on time

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
so it's 11:45 CST and *big surprise* the game isn't up on time AGAIN. I honestly think that cryptic needs to implement a policy of one free zen for every minute server maintenance goes over scheduled time. Call it entitlement, but I bet after a couple times of coughing up several thousand free zen to the player base to keep us a little happier and recompense us for lost play time, the servers would come back up promptly on time.
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1421741

This post says 4.5 hours for maintenance. We're only at about 3.5 hours of maintenance. We have less than an hour left.

The only thing you need is a little common sense, and not a sense of entitlement with free ZEN.

It will be finished around 12:30 PM CST for you.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Entitlement much?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • novonovinovonovi Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since Pacific and Central are 2 hours apart, not 1, I believe you are having a bit of an elementary math issue.

10:30 a.m. would be 12:30 p.m. Central.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eh, it happens. Tech problems have a way of cropping up unexpectedly and requiring an unpredictable amount of time to fix. Also, free Zen to every player will probably just cause irregularities in the Exchange, since it won't add up to enough to buy anything from the store.
    edited April 2015
    sirmayday wrote: »
    Eh, it happens. Tech problems have a way of cropping up unexpectedly and requiring an unpredictable amount of time to fix. Also, free Zen to every player will probably just cause irregularities in the Exchange, since it won't add up to enough to buy anything from the store.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150407T06&p1=224

Nothing happened - it's still ongoing. OP just made a math error.
  • wttroiwttroi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well at least an update could be given afte the maintainance window is 10 mins + overdue.

Better be do the SF Miracle Worker appoach and multiply the time window by a factor of 4.
    Even that lesson got not adapted too well it seems
    :D
  • shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    a year ago the servers would be back up by now. time difference nonwithstanding.
  • benglowbenglow Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That would be nice -IF- it is overdue.
    Most of the time people can't tell time though.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OP issues orders to finish on time or pay, OP gets time wrong, so now each dev that has ever worked on it and managed to get the game back on time gets zen from OP at the exact same ratio. In all instances when game was up early, there's a bonus fee.

Because I too can feel entitled to make demands and issue punishments as I see fit. Yours truly, the Orion Syndicate.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    edited April 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    a year ago the servers would be back up by now. time difference nonwithstanding.
    Then hop into a big blue box and go back to when the servers were up.

Have fun! :D
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "A year ago the servers would be back by now" is a time paradox.
    The effort is still required. So cryptic had to move all the extended downtime into the future and that is what we are experiencing now.
    The only way to fix it is with a beam of tachyons.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so it's 11:45 CST and *big surprise* the game isn't up on time AGAIN. I honestly think that cryptic needs to implement a policy of one free zen for every minute server maintenance goes over scheduled time. Call it entitlement, but I bet after a couple times of coughing up several thousand free zen to the player base to keep us a little happier and recompense us for lost play time, the servers would come back up promptly on time.

Big surprise. People again can't figure out the correct time. It's 17:00 UTC.. Which means maintenance will take another 30 min. Before you embark on a rant campaign at least check your facts.
  • choromyslnychoromyslny Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Troll post, I'm betting. I can't believe anyone's that dumb.

And with that it's online!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Imagination works too I see...

I've been with STO since Beta, and you know what? These threads, as little sense as they keep making, keep appearing.

There is no difference between now and a year ago... It's all in your head.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    time zones are hard.......:P
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Op says they are late, they might not have been late, but they are NOW. Late as usual. Being late is the normal for the them, it always has been. So yeah, they cannot be on time, there is nothing in their past that would indicate otherwise, no evidence that they can be on time.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Op says they are late, they might not have been late, but they are NOW. Late as usual. Being late is the normal for the them, it always has been. So yeah, they cannot be on time, there is nothing in their past that would indicate otherwise, no evidence that they can be on time.

4.5 hours are NOT 4hours and 5minutes but 4 hours and 30min, you know? :D
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Geeze people?! the server will get up when it gets up why not go outside get a breath of fresh air there is an actual world away from the computer.

and yes i did take a nice walk earlier while ive been waiting was nice to get out and walk around and just relax :)
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Troll post, I'm betting. I can't believe anyone's that dumb.

I work for a it-support firm, there are a lot of them, we call such a case "60/40 problem".
    In 60% of all incidents the problem sits 40 cm away from the keyboard.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Earlier, I was thinking there couldn't possibly be a more entertaining thread to read than the one with the SJWs and their imagined slights...but this thread wins hands down, imho, for its simplicity.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015

lol, as if to re-iterate my earlier point......still have 15 min to go by my count, settle down ppl :D
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there a patch notes concerning what was emergency patched today?
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there a patch notes concerning what was emergency patched today?

Yes.

/10char
    w8xekp.jpg
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Geeze people?! the server will get up when it gets up why not go outside get a breath of fresh air there is an actual world away from the computer.

and yes i did take a nice walk earlier while ive been waiting was nice to get out and walk around and just relax :)

Meh, it's raining in Hartford right now.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys, guys!

Don't you know this is cryptics big bad plan to stop us getting to t3 on the global delta rewards guage?

You know the truth is out there -a wee wa woo wa woo..oo..ooo...oo-
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    roadghost wrote: »
    Meh, it's raining in Hartford right now.

well i guess that cant be helped i hate those rainy days when you cant even go for a walk just to getr outside for a few minutes :)
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That would mean I would have to leave the toasty confines of my bedroom, throw some rain boots and raincoat on, step onto the porch and summarily get drenched on by this cold rain out here in the Boston 'burbs. Nope, life is too wet today for breaths of fresh air...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    Yes.

/10char
    Found it. Was expecting it on the front page; forgetting to check the News Network. Silly me. :P
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well i guess that cant be helped i hate those rainy days when you cant even go for a walk just to getr outside for a few minutes :)

I think that's where the servers are.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So yeah, they cannot be on time, there is nothing in their past that would indicate otherwise, no evidence that they can be on time.

It's true. They were early. Damn them.
    w8xekp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.