Install Arc
Options

New Players And Advanced Queues: This Needs To End

13»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unless you can don an EV suit and go out the airlock with a Lirpa or Bat'Leth and take down a Tactical Cube by yourself you are not worthy of doing Advanced PVE Queues.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    Unless you can don an EV suit and go out the airlock with a Lirpa or Bat'Leth and take down a Tactical Cube by yourself you are not worthy of doing Advanced PVE Queues.

For some strange reason, I got the mental image of a group of five folks in Solanae suits launching from a ship and jetting their way over toward a Tac Cube. I pictured one guy managing to miss it somehow, one guy that never hit the jets and sat right outside the airlock, one guy leaving a small stain as he slammed into the Cube, one guy asking for everybody to wait a moment cause he left his Lirpa back on the ship, and the one guy wishing he could just hack up the other guys and letting them know he wished he could do that.

I'd be the guy that managed to miss the Tac Cube. Seriously, I've tried to do a Ramming Speed on a Gateway before and somehow managed to miss. :(

edit: I mean literally...the combatlog...the entry...it said miss.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like a Christian rant
    Huh?

That sounds like every grievance group, and 99% of the DNC. Why single out Christians?

Oh wait, "sounds like 99% of the DNC"...
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ltminns wrote: »

Sort of like taking down a chopper, in Battlefield with just a field knife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgWfCuZ__GM
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    styrkyr wrote: »
    I'm a STO veteran of several years now. I've done my time as the moron who doesn't know what he's doing, who (unknowingly) costs the team the game, who has low DPS, etc. Bottom line, I've been there. But I looked at what I was doing, and I changed it. I am now routinely one of the top DPS dealers in each match.

Until Delta Recruitment was released on April 2nd.

Now, I can manage to drag a team to a win maybe 1/5 games (20% of the time for you non-nerds). You can kiss optional objectives goodbye. Forget ISA and KVA, no way that's happening.

This needs to stop.

New players: Everyone was new like you. Nobody else is better then you just because they have more/shinier/expensive gear. They all started off with nothing, like you. It's understandable that you want to work your way through the reputation ranks and get the gear. But please, for the love of god, stop joining advanced queues when you don't even know what you're doing on normal queues. Read a tutorial online, watch a youtube video, learn how to do it before you do it.

Devs: Please, for the love of all that is holy, put SOME KIND of gateway on the advanced and elite queues. Make the new players have to play through x amount of normal queues to unlock advanced, and x amount of advanced queues to unlock elites. Make them actually have to develop their skills and learn how to do something. Becoming better is just as rewarding.

And for those of you haters saying "play with your fleet", know that I do, as much as I am able. However, we are all working adults, and not all of us are available at all times. So please, don't just pass over this as a rant, take a minute and take it to heart.

Interesting post. Like others have pointed out, this kind of post surfaces every time Cryptic launches anything that attracts the part-time gamer.

Let me add a few notes for you, so that next time, well, you might feel better.

• less that 5% of the player base visits the forum more than 1x a year.
    • most of the players who do regularly use this forum and Reddit, are active players and not the ones you're trying to reach.
    • lastly this forum at times will border on 'bat guano crazy' in terms of the variability of the responses. Except for Virusdancer. You can trust him. And on occasion Iconians is pretty cool AND you can officially blame him for everything. 'Cause the Iconians did it. .

Venting here is little more than screaming into the vacuum. A few of us will agree with you, some will rant against you, and many others will simply make fun of you for doing something we've all done at least once before.

Have a nice day.

My Two Bits

Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lastly this forum at times will border on 'bat guano crazy' in terms of the variability of the responses. Except for Virusdancer. You can trust him. And on occasion Iconians is pretty cool AND you can officially blame him for everything. 'Cause the Iconians did it. .

Think that needs some clarification. While I'll never intentionally try to steer somebody in the wrong direction on something, I've definitely had my "bat guano crazy" over the top replies to some folks that have said something where the /facepalm was hard enough to bring about a bit of temporary douche nozzle on my part.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah Yes, Cryptic Should Do Something About This.. Right..

So umm, How? Really honestly just how do you expect them to do it?

HOw would they physically go about?

Get over yer self man.. really grow up a little.. If you can't figure out how it coupld possibly be done in a way that doesn't require them spending helecious amounts of money on warm bodies to do it "manually" I'd sure like to know about..

And so would a **** load of other MMO operators out there..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you do realise that Delta recruits have nothing to do with the issues with STFS at advanced and elite, the problems have existed long before delta recruit. Before that you could turn up to advanced or elite stf and the other people you are with are muppets but they are in c store top tier ships or event ships. and still fail the instance.

Borg disconnected is a prime example I will always wait for everyone to get their position before going to the one empty spot left every single time. and if I go first normally I have to change position because 2 or more people have followed me in.

What they need is a unblockabale tutorial that starts up for the first time you have to sit and watch sort of a mini cut scene.
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are we still on this?
    As I said afore, you have been there, done that as well.
    Just swallow and go on.

Seriously, you have no right to speak on this matter.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    edit: You know, I'm going to let sleeping dogs do their thing and just go again with what bluegeek said earlier and leave it at that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    edit: You know, I'm going to let sleeping dogs do their thing and just go again with what bluegeek said earlier and leave it at that.

Virus, BFAW1 will effectively hurt your dps btw.

Using an apb with it, only works to try and bring the dps loss normally suffered, up to about what single fire dps does.

I never use bfaw1, ever after noticing such a crapshoot loss from that skill.

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a STO veteran of several years now. I've done my time as the moron who doesn't know what he's doing, who (unknowingly) costs the team the game, who has low DPS, etc. Bottom line, I've been there. But I looked at what I was doing, and I changed it. I am now routinely one of the top DPS dealers in each match.

Until Delta Recruitment was released on April 2nd.

Now, I can manage to drag a team to a win maybe 1/5 games (20% of the time for you non-nerds). You can kiss optional objectives goodbye. Forget ISA and KVA, no way that's happening.

This needs to stop.

New players: Everyone was new like you. Nobody else is better then you just because they have more/shinier/expensive gear. They all started off with nothing, like you. It's understandable that you want to work your way through the reputation ranks and get the gear. But please, for the love of god, stop joining advanced queues when you don't even know what you're doing on normal queues. Read a tutorial online, watch a youtube video, learn how to do it before you do it.

Devs: Please, for the love of all that is holy, put SOME KIND of gateway on the advanced and elite queues. Make the new players have to play through x amount of normal queues to unlock advanced, and x amount of advanced queues to unlock elites. Make them actually have to develop their skills and learn how to do something. Becoming better is just as rewarding.

And for those of you haters saying "play with your fleet", know that I do, as much as I am able. However, we are all working adults, and not all of us are available at all times. So please, don't just pass over this as a rant, take a minute and take it to heart.

I have a quick solution but it would all depend on if cryptic found it reasonable.

normals ques require Mk X - XI
    Advance ques require Mk XII - XIII
    Elite ques require Mk XIV
    all gear should be atleast Rare to very rare atleast no common or uncommon.

sure you still have to learn the fight what ever that maybe but you would also need to get some gear to advance up to the next level again a person would just need to upgrade some to eventually get to elite and that said person still may not have learned the fight by then but it is a start.

most other MMO's have a gear level restriction on certain level raids/dungeons whatever they may be called why not here.

if this has been mentions before then maybe it should be considered.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have a quick solution but it would all depend on if cryptic found it reasonable.

normals ques require Mk X - XI
    Advance ques require Mk XII - XIII
    Elite ques require Mk XIV
    all gear should be atleast Rare to very rare atleast no common or uncommon.

sure you still have to learn the fight what ever that maybe but you would also need to get some gear to advance up to the next level again a person would just need to upgrade some to eventually get to elite and that said person still may not have learned the fight by then but it is a start.

most other MMO's have a gear level restriction on certain level raids/dungeons whatever they may be called why not here.

if this has been mentions before then maybe it should be considered.

I handle advanced using mkxi's, why should I penalized for those who cannot do it with mkxii - mkxiv?

• Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015

(...)

This needs to stop.
    +1.

For that matter, +1,000,000

Well said, OP. (Sorry I had to clip some of your comments. ALL of it was relevant.)

I have not been able to enjoy ANY of the Advanced queues. I've been here since Beta; LTS member. Literally almost every recent venture into STFs, like ISE (ISA) *fails*, due to players who lack DPS or a basic knowledge of how to play.

It's happening within CCA now, too. And FOLLOWING the lengthy CC event!

Cryptic needs to QUALIFY players, even if it means re-qualifying everyone (and I mean EVERYONE). 10 successful CC Normals, for example, with participation (certain DPS, achieving certain things) THEN allowing players to enter CC Advanced.

And if there was an Elite level, then 10 successful runs in that Advanced level with similiar qualifications before granting access.

(Yes, this is a rant. I'm damn tired of my limited play time ruined by others who either ignorantly or purposefully RUIN a queue. The timed cool downs make it worse, too.)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Virus, BFAW1 will effectively hurt your dps btw.

Using an apb with it, only works to try and bring the dps loss normally suffered, up to about what single fire dps does.

I never use bfaw1, ever after noticing such a crapshoot loss from that skill.

Depends on the weapons...but the problem is the same with FAW2 and FAW3 as well. Those VR10 [CrtD][CrtH][Dmg] Disruptor Arrays I had mixed in with the Common Mk X Disruptor Arrays...they both do the same FAW damage, whether FAW1 or FAW3. Cause it's ignoring the VR rarity as well as the [Dmg] mod.

FAW1: +0.0% Base Damage, +25% Rate of Fire, and up to two targets.
    FAW2: +5.6/6.0% Base Damage, +25% Rate of Fire, and up to two targets.
    FAW3: +12.0% Base Damage, +25% Rate of Fire, and up to two targets.

Even FAW1 should result in an increase in damage because of the increased RoF and up to two targets; but it's going to take a hit with certain weapons where FAW ignores the rarity and any [Dmg] mods.

Heh, but I guess you saw the build for that post then - and - the gist of what I was saying about folks using gear as an excuse for pulling the 1-3k stuff. I hadn't flown a Bortasqu' in over six months on top of that...just wish folks would put the slightest effort into some basics instead of making excuses out the wahzoo...lol, it's like they're making FAWscuses. Just randomly targeting stuff and saying that's why. ;)
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My favourite experience with this overall topic was last night - went into an Elite of DRS. First thing that pops up in chat was this player had never done the mission at all and was their first time. So naturally, they rolled Elite?! :eek: Just insane.

Needless to say, several members of the team popped off on how foolish and selfish this player was and proceeded to leave the game session.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't worry. It is being "fixed". Everyone is a winner as long as you show up.

This. People have been asking cryptic to dumb this game down for months and now they're doing it. How dare you suggest I learn to play the game before attempting advanced and elite content! There's nothing about those two words that suggests that they aren't for beginners!

It's interesting that we have some players beating ISA with carrier pets only and others who buy expensive gear and ships and still can't manage to get through it without failing. I mean, sure, the latter group could learn the game, but it'd be easier to beg cryptic to dumb things down so that we'll have another video of some players beating ISA with miranda classes and mk 1 gear.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unfortunately that is not the total answer to the problem. In the first place new players or other trying to get on to Elite's for their BNP's etc (For Gear Purchase's), can't get them on Normals. The real problem/s is that Cryptic made these events DPS, along with NPC's that are way too OP (Shields, Hull Hit points and Damage wise). Now in the midst of all this how is a new player suppose to gear up for Advanced play? They have no choice but to quene up and hope that the other team members will carry them to getting the BNP etc they need. . This is suppose to be an open community of players; excluding those who are not up to snuff is not an answer either.

I am just a frustrated about losing all these optionals and getting kicked out of a game as much as anyone else. Not too mention I also have been around in this game since F2P. But something has to give here. . . Can't even play as an Engineer Class hardly any more because they are not DPS enough. .

No. Just no.

Defera gives you 4 BNPs a day and it's super-easy.

If you don't want to exclude players, the only solution is to make all enemies have 1hp. Anything above that and you start excluding some players at the bottom (assuming that we have to include every player of every ability level in every mission... I don't know why that's desirable).

Also, you don't need rep gear to beat advanced queues. If you aren't beating them without reputation gear, then you probably need to learn to play the game. Failing with expensive gear is still failing.

There are engi's doing over 50K dps. My engineering main is running a DHC build (beams do more damage in ISA) and has gotten 37K DPS. DPS required for advanced queues is around 7 or 8K if you don't have to carry your team. Engineers are perfectly capable of beating content in this game.

Last, it's hard to imagine that you're frustrated if you've played for years but haven't bothered to look at any of the gobs and gobs of information available online that can help you beat this content. I can see the new players getting frustrated and learning, but when I hear about people who have played this game for a while and/or have expensive gear and still can't beat the content, my instinct is to believe that they're trolling (either the advanced queues or the forums).
  • Options
    neuralswapneuralswap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    +1.

For that matter, +1,000,000

Well said, OP. (Sorry I had to clip some of your comments. ALL of it was relevant.)

I have not been able to enjoy ANY of the Advanced queues. I've been here since Beta; LTS member. Literally almost every recent venture into STFs, like ISE (ISA) *fails*, due to players who lack DPS or a basic knowledge of how to play.

It's happening within CCA now, too. And FOLLOWING the lengthy CC event!

Cryptic needs to QUALIFY players, even if it means re-qualifying everyone (and I mean EVERYONE). 10 successful CC Normals, for example, with participation (certain DPS, achieving certain things) THEN allowing players to enter CC Advanced.

And if there was an Elite level, then 10 successful runs in that Advanced level with similiar qualifications before granting access.

(Yes, this is a rant. I'm damn tired of my limited play time ruined by others who either ignorantly or purposefully RUIN a queue. The timed cool downs make it worse, too.)

+1, i just play on ground elite and one noob on team, with other 4 good can stay (if he dont make some stupid stuffs like random answer or use takyon on tholian project etc etc) but if you put another one you have just lost 20 mins of time, on this elite at LEAST a T2 on command and commando are required on bugs so why let at 60 level without any of that can access ? it's ELITE so it's supposed u MUST have rigth stuffs like at least a TR on rhino etc etc, b4 delta normally i was usual to get 10 elite crates/day now i'm focus to put highter my 52 new delta but i think than a kind of valutation system must be put on.
    Players spend times and money to get specs and gears and waste the time for ppls than wanna just "TRY" can happen one time but after few times players start to become upset and intollerant.