Options

Disco Balls

13»

Comments

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    enkemen wrote: »
    Ah, yes, the classic response of a troll.
    What's all this, then? You bring me to the School Dance with every intention of departing with another?
    How rude!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's all this, then? You bring me to the School Dance with every intention of departing with another?
    How rude!

Don't worry I hand him back in good shape.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Trolling is just a fact of life in gaming..there are those whose only enjoyment comes from trying to upset other gamers trying to play the game..no need complaining just work around them and move on.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still wish there was a way to opt out of this TRIBBLE
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    7 pages and not one mention of the subspace party nullifier..... Keep it in your inventory and if you want to dance you can choose when and where....... play some Dabo, get the GPL and purchase it...
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eh, some people will ignore the tools given to them.

But, yeah, the [Subspace Party Nullifier] isuseful if you don't want to dance.

You'll still see the lights and hear the music though.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    krilldarn wrote: »
    7 pages and not one mention of the subspace party nullifier..... Keep it in your inventory and if you want to dance you can choose when and where....... play some Dabo, get the GPL and purchase it...
    up until a few posts ago the posts were posted in 2013 when nullifier didn't exist.

the most laugh worthy posts i find is when people say the disco balls supposedly "terrorize" them. do they even know what that word means? do they really feel the sheer terror and deepest fear when they see a disco ball?
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just FYI: You can type /movementreset in chat to stop dancing.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LOL at you guys still butt hurt about Disco Balls! Makes me want to bring mine out again :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never seen a bigger deal made out of such a nothing, I usually look forward to when someone throws one of those things up, it's a pleasant change from the normally "intellectually stimulating" chat conversations. :rolleyes:
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where do you purchase the disco balls? I thought it was at Quarks, but the GPL conversion kiosk is just selling holiday items.

Never mind. Got one! :)
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    How about a special space station that these items only work on, so dicoballers can all go get together and **** each other off.
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    How about a special space station that these items only work on, so dicoballers can all go get together and **** each other off.

I think it would be far easier for people to simply stop whining about it than trying to force Cryptic to make a whole new map. Especially after Cryptic already made a whole item just to stop people from being offended by other people's fun.
    edited May 2015
    Untz Untz Untz Untz Untz Untz Untz
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Especially after Cryptic already made a whole item just to stop people from being offended by other people's fun.

What you call fun, others call grieving. And the item is worthless. Don't even have to make a zone, can designation areas already in existence that are out of regular player use way.

Oh right you don't like that because without bothering others who don't like it, it defeats the purpose for people who like to Grieve others. Sorry your whole woe is me about your fun is just crocodile tears. Who is whining now?
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm having a hard time grasping the continued rants/rages over this...

1. Due to the RPG portion of MMORPG, many people have "concepts", "personalities", etc. for their characters - and all looks/animations/etc. are usually (at least somewhat) under the player's control.

For example, my Vulcan, the usual "pillar of logic and stoicism" type, is not going to just "drop everything and boogie" if he's hanging out and someone pops a Disco Ball. This "forced imposition of action upon a character archtype" isn't exactly something that a player wants to have happen to them. Therefore, the "violation" threads (I'd say more akin to "telepathic / mental compulsion" type violation than what everyone else compares it to) aren't too far off base and we got the nullifier for it.

2. The remaining effects of the ball - the light show and the music - This is where my head begins to ache, how is a light show and/or "bad music" suddenly a violation akin to the mental compulsions destroying a character's archtype?

Granted, "society" as I've been exposed to it does not encourage dancing and parties at memorials to "honored people", I don't recall big parties being thrown weekly at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier / Arlington Cemetery / Paul Revere's Statue (though I've heard of it wearing various sports team sweaters during championship games) / Stalin's Tomb / Vietnam Wall memorial etc. etc.

Hence why, at these "usually somber" places, they've placed anti-disco ball fields. Those who wish to "grieve" the passing of the subjects in question can do so in the "generally accepted somber manner", they can spam dance emotes of their own when in range of these memorials if that is their inclination and/or method of honoring the people in question, but they cannot fire off party-grade light shows and musical soundtracks.

However, if someone wants to celebrate making a massive score on the exchange, or some nifty information they found in their in-game mail, I have no comprehension as to how, in light of the nullifiers, this is such a bad thing. Someone fires off ball, nullifier equipped "pillar of logic and stoicism" / "troll of trolls" / whatever stands there like a board (performing their usual game assigned but player chosen idle animations) and the rest party like it's 1979.

This is bad, how?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dareau wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time grasping the continued rants/rages over this...
    Because with some people, you offer an olive branch they'll demand the whole tree.

IMO, it may have been better if the devs had just told the complainers to get over it.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are more important things in the world to be upset about. Heck, there are more important things in the game to be upset about!
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Could someone let me in on why this is even still an issue? It's already been fixed as far as I know, if you want to dance, have fun, if not, keep a subspace party nullifier in your inventory and it blocks the disco ball dance effects. Purchasable for only a few latinum and you only need 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    It does not block all of the effects. Only the auto-application of the dance emote.

Oh well. Sad day for you.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    hwasunhwasun Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If Cryptic had some guramba they would make it so every month the daily number of people affected by disco balls falls below a certain amount the last day of the month is declared galactic europop day, during which all BGM becomes different versions and remixes of the numa numa song on repeat, every PC and NPC is forced to don sunglasses and wear a random swimsuit, all animations are switched to dance steps on top of a hoverboard, and every starship model shows the crew having a deep space dance party on top of the disc.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thread closed as 1) It's from 2013 when the party nullifier didn't exist and 2) the disco ball arguements are FCT.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.