test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Locate Iconian Tech: "Taris."

jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
So. I made a Romulan Sci for Delta Recruitment and I was browsing through the recruit details; one of them is to find a piece of Iconian tech in a sideroom in the mission Taris.

Except ... Taris isn't showing up as a playable mission for my character. :confused: It should be just before The Vault in the Freedom arc.
Post edited by jstewart55 on

Comments

• timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like a copy&paste error. Maybe they mean the episode that features Taris? Can not remember the actual title right now.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Sounds like a copy&paste error. Maybe they mean the episode that features Taris? Can not remember the actual title right now.

It's still called Taris.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »

The OP is playing the Romulan faction. The Federation mission Taris doesn't exist even for Fed aligned Romulans, though the mission has a prequel for Romulans.

Edit: It was the mission Revelation: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23186731#post23186731
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, Taris its a fed only mission, fed/rom's don't have the mission. Hope Cryptic will fix this for us (fed/rom's)
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bones1970 wrote: »
    Yes, Taris its a fed only mission, fed/rom's don't have the mission. Hope Cryptic will fix this for us (fed/rom's)

Figured it was that, but I just wanted to be sure.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Running into the same issue on the KDF side with a mission called Alpha. I'm going to coordinate with a KDF friend of mine to do the mission together tomorrow.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also a Rom Sci delta recruit, and at the last freighter of 'Smash and Grab' of Allies episodes there's a 'examine computer terminals for information on iconians' which simply doesn't exist. Luckily the iconian tech earlier in the mission is all that's needed for it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it's seems Taris is a fed only mission....
    I wants the ship device dammit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it's seems Taris is a fed only mission....
    I wants the ship device dammit!

This is why it is better to play the Fed side first since they get all the attention.
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I went through all the missions with Delta information in them, and seems Taris is the only one that Fed Romulans can't get. I do guess until Cryptic fixes it, a workaround would be to team up with a Fed for it. Was actually wondering if it was something to get people to team, but if so, it shouldn't be the only one.
  • junkers129junkers129 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vendince wrote: »
    I went through all the missions with Delta information in them, and seems Taris is the only one that Fed Romulans can't get. I do guess until Cryptic fixes it, a workaround would be to team up with a Fed for it. Was actually wondering if it was something to get people to team, but if so, it shouldn't be the only one.

Sharing the mission with a fed character didn't work for me, maybe i'll give it another go.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, i can't share the mission fed/fed with my fed/rom.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    Thats ok, Klink-roms get "Alpha" which is a KDF only mission, I was able to team up with a KDF fleet mate that was also a Delta Recruit and get the tech for that mission, so look for feds that will team with you. Dont know if they have to be Deltas or not but Id bet they do
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems you don't need the mission any ways, as there are 8 Iconian Techs listed and you only need 7.:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2015
    STO Game Pro Tip: It's in Taris' butt.
    I AM WAR.
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just tried with teaming up, and it did work then, so I guess the thing to do is to let the Delta Rom go into the mission first for the Taris console to be there.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vendince wrote: »
    Just tried with teaming up, and it did work then, so I guess the thing to do is to let the Delta Rom go into the mission first for the Taris console to be there.
    Yeah, you can't share any mission the other guy can't pick up himself. But if they're teamed they can take the place of one of your Boffs as you do stuff. they still won't get the mission reward though. My KDF-Rom has made a few visits to the Ketha Lowlands. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've notified the team about this, FYI. :)
  • lordzakathlordzakath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems you don't need the mission any ways, as there are 8 Iconian Techs listed and you only need 7.:P

From the limited research that I have done, it would appear that the Feds or the KDF don't have the mission Revelation that the Romulans have. So, it sort of evens out.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've notified the team about this, FYI. :)
    BTW, the Rom-KDF players need to do a similar work-around to enter Alpha.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I can confirm this, already picked up the ship device on my Romulan recruit despite the lack of the Taris mission.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Both "Taris" and "Alpha" will be removed from the Romulan Delta Recruit mission list.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jheinig wrote: »
    Both "Taris" and "Alpha" will be removed from the Romulan Delta Recruit mission list.
    but will two other missions take their place so romulans don't get screwed out of any rewards?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    but will two other missions take their place so romulans don't get screwed out of any rewards?

As far as I know, Romulans would get 1 more tech or data that they need if they managed to complete either Taris or Alpha (by teaming up with a FED or KDF).
    Therefore it will now be even and the number of techs and data needed for rewards will actually correspond with the number you can gain by playing your own storyline.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jheinig wrote: »

How will this affect my KDF-Rom who teamed with a KDF friend to get the Alpha tech?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I kind of liked the idea of using Delta Recruit to encourage some cross-faction teamups.

Yeah, I know these weren't technically cross-faction situations and it's really a bug.

But wouldn't it have been fun if Fed had to team up with KDF to complete one of their missions, and vice versa? As long as they made it plain that's what you had to do?

Oh well.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would advice people to do it before they remove it :)

when you claim the box you have 50 marks available so better than nothing. find a fed or kdf friend, team with him and do alpha or taris to find the iconian info :)
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I kind of liked the idea of using Delta Recruit to encourage some cross-faction teamups.

Yeah, I know these weren't technically cross-faction situations and it's really a bug.

But wouldn't it have been fun if Fed had to team up with KDF to complete one of their missions, and vice versa? As long as they made it plain that's what you had to do?

Oh well.

Speaking of cross faction teaming, I really hope with the war coming to an end that this is something they consider allowing. It'd bring an end to standing in places like Defera as a KDF waiting for an hour to get a team, whilst seeing several Fed teams form and complete the missions whilst you're still waiting.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »

Oh well.

I agree.

I'd like to see, say, a hidden accolade scattered across 10 missions of each faction.

Enable teaming of Klingons and Feds post-Surface tension.

Have a big reward for discovering all faction accolades.

Something like a BO awarded for each faction accolade, a costume for completing all three as a permanent reward, and a ship for completing the whole thing within a window.

You could make it something to do with three crew members scattered across the quadrant and discovering all three allows you to find their lost ship. Ie. find the three lost Ferengi, get a T6 D'Kora and more canon Ferengi costume or find the three lost Time Agents and get a Future's End Wells Costume or 29th century Admiral costume and T6 Temporal Destroyer.

It would create the feel of one of those legendary questlines from some MMOs, particularly if 2/3rds requires faction teaming.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IMO since we are one big happy alliance and being a fix to current teaming is obsolete in comparison with just building a new one that could be called alliance lol.

If you counted how much time was wasted for any player because of the problem with factions in this game you most likely could have the time it makes to take 5+ seasons. So instead Looking For KDF team at defera or Looking for FED lol...

It should be more like okay who is ready to kill borg is what it should say.