test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Week 2!

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Incase my post never gets noticed in the bug section because I failed to give a very engaging title, I will repeat here since this post is appropriate.

I do actually like Delta Recruitment, just the below explained issue is driving me mad.

"I've noticed an issue with Delta Recruitment.

This issue is not likely to affect 99.9% of users, but is really bugging me.
    The issue is simple, Delta Recruits are single faction, which means that the 1 Delta Recruit slot we were given is simply not enough to claim all Delta Recruit rewards.

Just buy more character slots you will say, well that is where my problem comes in. I can't. Haven't been able to since I got the maximum 50 characters + 1 Foundry (Now 51 + 1 Foundry). All of these Characters are Level 50 or above and have at least 1 reputation maxed out (except the Foundry and the Delta Recruit) so I am really loathe to delete one due to all the hours I put into them.

I could delete the Delta Recruit and start again in another faction and do that process 3 times until I unlocked all account-wide rewards for a Delta Recruit, but this seems to be a very time consuming, and very counter productive, way of doing things.

A simple fix to my issue (which might just be for me, I'm not sure how many people have 50 Level 50+ characters + 1 foundry) would be to allow the buying of 2 more character slots (which I will happily do). Although seeing as the new max level is 60, a total of 60 (59 or 61 due to even numbered buying of character slots) would seem apt.

I feel like I am missing out on the full Delta Recruitment experience because of this issue.

A timely resolution, or even a flat out "No more character slots" would be better than an autogen response or silence.

-@RoebotSixtyFive"

you don't need to create a delta for each faction, you can claim the account rewards regardless of the deltas faction and your regular characters factions, I know this because I have already done so.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To clarify, it's only the Episode specific rewards that can't be claimed. The general rewards can. However, to get all rewards (which does include those episode ones), you seem to need to have a Fed, a Rom AND a KDF Delta Recruit. Annoying since I can't possibly get any more character slots.

take a look at the rewards list there are no Episode specific rewards.

Delta Recruit Goal
    Complete the Tutorial
    Reach Level 10
    Reach Level 20
    Reach Level 30
    Reach Level 40
    Reach Level 50
    Reach Level 1 in any R&D School
    Reach Level 5 in any R&D School
    Complete an Episode Arc
    Complete Half of all Storyline Episodes
    Complete All Storyline Episodes (up to the start of the Dyson Sphere)
    Join a Fleet - requires level 30
    Gather All Iconian Information
    Gather All Iconian Technology

some of the iconian stuff is in different episodes depending on the characters faction but that is not important all the delta has to do is collect the ones in his story line.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• lava1701#6560 lava1701 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am on my new Fed Engineer Delta Recruit, I am playing the treasure Trading Station mission in the Klingon War. I get all the way to the end of the mission, pick up the Delta Recruit intel in the hallway as well, and the your bridge officer asks to depart system and I do. Then I get into sector space, and next to the system it says continue roadblocks? And the Roadblocks segment is still listed in the mission objective like I havent done it? I cant turn it the mission, is anyone else having this problem? Oh and yes, I did wait to leave the sysem until after the red alert was gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I am on my new Fed Engineer Delta Recruit, I am playing the treasure Trading Station mission in the Klingon War. I get all the way to the end of the mission, pick up the Delta Recruit intel in the hallway as well, and the your bridge officer asks to depart system and I do. Then I get into sector space, and next to the system it says continue roadblocks? And the Roadblocks segment is still listed in the mission objective like I havent done it? I cant turn it the mission, is anyone else having this problem? Oh and yes, I did wait to leave the sysem until after the red alert was gone.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23168321&postcount=36
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • agamemnon7801agamemnon7801 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't find the Iconian artifact in Researcher Rescue.

The Iconian artifact is by a tree to the north east of the center of the map. It is near the orange trees.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One thing came to my attention during the first first missions:

Has the Aceton Boff Beam been buffalo badly buffed?
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ATTENTION!!!

Delta Recruitment is now live!!

The Server is now dead

That is all i now return you to your regularly scheduled downtime already in progress and thank you for playing.

STAR TREK OFFLINE DILITHIUM RISING
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That happens when players say for month that the Servers are empty...

Now they are full in the first weekend of the event, and people complain that they are overloaded...

funny humans :D
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you don't need to create a delta for each faction, you can claim the account rewards regardless of the deltas faction and your regular characters factions, I know this because I have already done so.

You you unlocked the account wide rewards from the Fed and Rom Arcs on a KDF which can't play them. Unless you unlock them at Level 30, 40 or 50, I don't see this working.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    take a look at the rewards list there are no Episode specific rewards.

Delta Recruit Goal
    Complete the Tutorial
    Reach Level 10
    Reach Level 20
    Reach Level 30
    Reach Level 40
    Reach Level 50
    Reach Level 1 in any R&D School
    Reach Level 5 in any R&D School
    Complete an Episode Arc
    Complete Half of all Storyline Episodes
    Complete All Storyline Episodes (up to the start of the Dyson Sphere)
    Join a Fleet - requires level 30
    Gather All Iconian Information
    Gather All Iconian Technology

some of the iconian stuff is in different episodes depending on the characters faction but that is not important all the delta has to do is collect the ones in his story line.

Look in the reward claim store, you will notice rewards that can be claimed by Non Delta Recruits for when a Delta Recruit has done a story arc for their faction. Why does nobody look in the Reward store, and keep believing that blog post is a full list?
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • celebcucelebcu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone else not able to claim the cross-faction level rewards on non-Deltas? I can claim the story arc rewards but the level ones are still greyed even though the toon is 30
  • lava1701#6560 lava1701 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bought the TOS Bridge/Interior Pack when I first joined this game a year or two ago, and havent really use anything from it since. But with my Delta Recruit, I adore my TOS hand phasers that auto-level and their blue beam sound effects. TOS, always go to the beginning for fun, :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    celebcu wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to claim the cross-faction level rewards on non-Deltas? I can claim the story arc rewards but the level ones are still greyed even though the toon is 30

A couple of observations:

It seems you can only claim rewards on alts which a delta has already claimed. Alts cannot claim it until a Delta Recruit on the account has claimed those rewards first.

Additionally, while you can claim all of the unique rewards with a single Delta character, having a Delta of the Fed faction (due to more missions and more playtime) will grant you somewhere around 12k dilithium per level 10 character you have and a Delta of the other two will grant you around an additional 7k per character from story arc completion rewards. The claim is per character and can be claimed by any level 10 so completing Delta on all three factions could be FAIRLY rewarding if you have a lot of alts over level 10 or plan to level more alts in the future.

To a point where I COULD see a strategy where, on bonus XP weekends in the future, people might create new characters and level them to 10 for the dilithium claim generated from having 1-3 Delta Recruits in the past.

Since every new level 10 will have access to over 20k dilithium (and other rewards, some of which may be liquidatable for a main), it might be worthwhile to maximize the account unlocks now and then during bonus XP, chain level and delete Klingon characters 1-10 to transfer their dilithium into ZEN and fleet rewards into things like Duty Officers.

But that is a reason why you might want 3 Delta Recruits right now, to provide a better return for future level 10s, since having a Delta of all 3 factions with completed story arcs will yield a decent payout for any level 10+ characters.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But that is a reason why you might want 3 Delta Recruits right now, to provide a better return for future level 10s, since having a Delta of all 3 factions with completed story arcs will yield a decent payout for any level 10+ characters.

Also that we're already two days in and I'm halfway done with my first Delta alt. Do the objectives change from week to week or after you get your 44 done, that's it?
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
    edited April 2015
    Also that we're already two days in and I'm halfway done with my first Delta alt. Do the objectives change from week to week or after you get your 44 done, that's it?

They haven't announced any new objectives that I know of but you might want to use later weeks to get from 50 to 60 or grind specialization points on your old main since it looks to me like we'll be getting 2.5x spec points (150% bonus) then.
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As A Romulan Republic Delta Recruit, the mission "Taris" (Federation ONLY) is where one is suppose to pick up a piece of Iconian Technology. Romulan characters do not get the mission "Taris", how does Cryptic expect me to get this piece?
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They haven't announced any new objectives that I know of but you might want to use later weeks to get from 50 to 60 or grind specialization points on your old main since it looks to me like we'll be getting 2.5x spec points (150% bonus) then.

Heck, Kynda should be 50 by then if not during then. She'll be the one hunting for spec points. :D
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Loving the event. One thing I find jarring is the way a Rommie meets his future self. One second you're on your way to meet Tovan, the next you're in a room with no explanation on how you got there. A beam out animation would have been nice.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy, can you pass this along?

KDF Romulan has a Delta reward for "Alpha." "Alpha" is a KDF mission but a mission in the story arc for Qo'Nos KDF, not New Romulus. Our stories merge at "Spectres" which is after the arc "Alpha" is in (maybe see below). I have not tried to see if it can be shared buy a non-Romulan KDF yet, which might be a workaround, but the mission really should not be on the list for us.

EDIT: It does not appear there is one in"Mind Game" which would be the equivalent mission in the Romulan arc.

"Spectres" is level 11. This kind of goes back in time from the end of the Romulan arc. "Darkness Before the Dawn" is the last mission in that arc and is level 25.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How do non-delta character obtain the account wide rewards?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    How do non-delta character obtain the account wide rewards?

There is an "Temporal Agent" on ESD (next to Quinns Office) & First City (Great Hall) ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, created a Fed DR and played thru to DR Level 10 and got some nice (though not great) rewards for the new guy but none of my old toons on my account were able to claim anything. When I click on the Delta Recruit bar for them there's no response. That's the same bar I clicked on to claim the Recruits rewards. Delta Recruit is in a fleet (same one as all other account toons, in fact). Is there anything else I need to do?? All my counters, including DR's counter, now reset back to 20%... but the only rewards I saw were to the Recruit himself... :confused:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    Okay, created a Fed DR and played thru to DR Level 10 and got some nice (though not great) rewards for the new guy but none of my old toons on my account were able to claim anything. When I click on the Delta Recruit bar for them there's no response. That's the same bar I clicked on to claim the Recruits rewards. Delta Recruit is in a fleet (same one as all other account toons, in fact). Is there anything else I need to do?? All my counters, including DR's counter, now reset back to 20%... but the only rewards I saw were to the Recruit himself... :confused:

Go back to your Delta and make sure you've claimed your level 10 reward and all your associated rewards. Some of the blinkies that you click on in the tracking window are not obvious. Happened to me until someone pointed it out.
    edited April 2015
    locozoco wrote: »
    As A Romulan Republic Delta Recruit, the mission "Taris" (Federation ONLY) is where one is suppose to pick up a piece of Iconian Technology. Romulan characters do not get the mission "Taris", how does Cryptic expect me to get this piece?

You can get it by teaming up with a Fed player since all you need is the tech in there.

Fed Roms can play Fed missions in a team with Feds. Feds can play Rom missions in a team with Fed Roms.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is an "Temporal Agent" on ESD (next to Quinns Office) & First City (Great Hall) ...

thank you very much
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    locozoco wrote: »
    It's a ... "metaphoric" mistake lol
    The mission is "Revelation" : in that mission, you meet Taris.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• captaingunslayercaptaingunslayer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Am i the only one more interested in the Katana in the picture than anything else?
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    Go back to your Delta and make sure you've claimed your level 10 reward and all your associated rewards. Some of the blinkies that you click on in the tracking window are not obvious. Happened to me until someone pointed it out.

Thanks, everso! I did what you suggested. I did find more items my recruit needed to claim. I still can't access the Delta Recruit link on my other toons main screen (the one that opens up for my Recruit) but I was able to go to the agent in First City/ESD and claim a small reward. Wasn't much... 10 marks (whoopee! I'm wealthy). Hopefully there will be more to come. :rolleyes:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!