test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Week 2!

Comments

• nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My verdict:

Delta Recruit is a pile of fun, and has definitely increased how much are playing. As shown by the fact that every time I've quit it's taken like ten minutes to get back into the game because of the login.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I tend to do that now that crafting is viable again. For years though I just ignored them and played it old school where kdf scanner was broken :)

Damn. I remember those days. that was a LONG time ago
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    50 x 1000 per arc. Let's say each faction has 4 unique (spreading the multi-faction) ones. That would be 4 you can get, and 8 you can't. That's 400000 Dil i'm missing out on (more probably because my Delta Recruit is a KDF, and Feds get one arc that gives 5000 Dil and 500 FM), roughly 1900 Zen at today's inflated rates.

I really should give up hope, spend another [Redacted] on my alt account to get all the stuff I have on my main, then spend another few months waiting for the reps and R&D schools to be raised to their max (T5 and Lvl 15 respectively). They seem not to want my money any more. They seem to just totally ignore requests for being able to buy more character slots. How difficult would it be to add?

Changing: canbuymorecharacterslots true if currentcharacterslots <50 else canbuymorecharacterslots false TO
    canbuymorecharacterslots true if currentcharacterslots <52 else canbuymorecharacterslots false

It shouldn't be the work of a few minutes, meaning my roughly $6.25 purchase would probably cover the costs of letting people buy more character slots.

A dev already confirmed that the account wide unlocks will only trigger once. As in whatever character you complete the arcs with first time round, whether they be Fed, KDF, or Romulan, you will not get an extra account wide unlock if you run another Delta Recruit, you will get one account wide unlock. So the only reward you're not going to get is the character only reward from a possible extra two delta recruits.

To be perfectly fair, with 50 toons already you're still going to get a lot more account wide reward than 90% of us so I'd hardly say you're 'missing out'. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • knightdadknightdad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where is it?
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Damn. I remember those days. that was a LONG time ago

Yeah its better to build new content than to try to fix broken content people hate or polish stuff people like and recruit you to do it over again on a new character :D
  • maldrecmaldrec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah i just made my delta recruit and as soon as i got to the part where i speak with my "future self" i got disconnected, when i log in again and try to do that im logged into a field under the room with my objective and unable to get to him to speak, i treid to log out and in again but i log in in the same spot. Was this patch even tested?

tried logging in and out again , still in a field under the room. Once, just once i would like to see a patch put in thats not broken in some way.

going to try deleting and remaking the delta recruit to see if it works right this time if not will post an update in this thread

deleting and remaking helped but i still think that this will need to be lookked into by the programmers
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleetmate just had a glitch where Uneasy Allies deleted itself from her journal on completion. I was running it with her; mine completed just fine.

I love STO, but Friedman's light it has weird glitches.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maldrec wrote: »
    yeah i just made my delta recruit and as soon as i got to the part where i speak with my "future self" i got disconnected, when i log in again and try to do that im logged into a field under the room with my objective and unable to get to him to speak, i treid to log out and in again but i log in in the same spot. Was this patch even tested?

tried logging in and out again , still in a field under the room. Once, just once i would like to see a patch put in thats not broken in some way.

going to try deleting and remaking the delta recruit to see if it works right this time if not will post an update in this thread

A lot of maps have that glitch the funniest one is in first city where I from time to time fall underneath it to watch ppl run above me. Although I have done this like hundreds of times they never can reproduce it lol. Its a time ole tradition of a game of break the cryptic maps.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While you're looking into other issues of the Delta Recruit event, can you pass this thread on to the team? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1417141

Some of us aren't able to get past the intro cutscenes whatsoever :(
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • therizinotherizino Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    can have the sword
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just finished "Treaure Trove Station," and I can't turn it in either.

Hope a fix is in tomrrow.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am loving this even more than I thought I would. I mean, I'm an altaholic anyway, and now I'm getting an extra side story and a crapton of rewards for leveling alts (which I was gonna do anyway)? This is just too cool. :D

And the story so far has me intrigued! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out for the three factions!

Thanks, devs!
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jcsteele wrote: »
    I just finished "Treaure Trove Station," and I can't turn it in either.

Hope a fix is in tomrrow.

I am having the exact same issue. some people in zone chat say to replay it and you have a 1 out of 10 chance of it working. so I assume were just supposed to keep doing it over and over and over and over.........................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • ravnica1989ravnica1989 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't find the Iconian artifact in Researcher Rescue.
    for those of you that have issues finding the Iconian Artifact in Researcher Rescue,i have taken a pair of pics to assist in locating it.http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag39/shadow_fox937/STO_zpsttzvndwv.png
    http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag39/shadow_fox937/STO2_zpsrh352671.png

just use the red dots from the western most shield tower and the center hut where the hostages are hold up as references to locate it.
  • tribblekirk1tribblekirk1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Iconian Artifact in "Researcher Rescue" is located next to a tree on the outer path you use to shutdown the shield generators. go around completly one way if you cannot find it turn around and go back and you should be ables to find it that way.

Is Treasure Trading Station still bugged?
  • xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, the MACO poster is a pretty blatant USMC ripoff/tribute, but either way, I think what we should really read into it is that we deserve access to a MACO Boarding Saber immediately, if not sooner. (The Nausicaan blade is nice and all for pirates and such, but it just doesn't look very professional on a Feddy)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No they are not US Marines, if a REAL US Marine Squad had MACO weapons the Xindi wouldn't be doing damn sneak attacks on them in the Enterprise corridors.

Case and point, the real US Marines would kick MACO TRIBBLE, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A dev already confirmed that the account wide unlocks will only trigger once. As in whatever character you complete the arcs with first time round, whether they be Fed, KDF, or Romulan, you will not get an extra account wide unlock if you run another Delta Recruit, you will get one account wide unlock. So the only reward you're not going to get is the character only reward from a possible extra two delta recruits.

To be perfectly fair, with 50 toons already you're still going to get a lot more account wide reward than 90% of us so I'd hardly say you're 'missing out'. :P

The episodic ones for Fed and Rom only arcs are NOT unlocking on my KDF, so playing a Fed or Rom Delta Recruit would unlock them. So, contrary to the incomplete listing in the Dev Blog, I would miss out.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    I am loving this even more than I thought I would. I mean, I'm an altaholic anyway, and now I'm getting an extra side story and a crapton of rewards for leveling alts (which I was gonna do anyway)? This is just too cool. :D

And the story so far has me intrigued! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out for the three factions!

Thanks, devs!

You are not a True Altaholic at all. True Altaholics are having issues because we hit the character limit ages ago and can't buy any more char slots, meaning we can only have a single delta recruit, which means we can ONLY see ONE of the 3 DR side quests.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a lot of happiness and joy getting all this together. Enjoy! :)

It's alllllllllll for you, Captains!

Definitely enjoying the Delta Recruit system and appreciate the incentives to re-run the game. I always enjoyed the story missions and its nice that I can still contribute to my main via delta recruit rewards.

Not going to lie, it was great to be effective in my Connie again.... just something about it made me smile :D
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there something that is preventing Rom Delta Recruits from running the featured episode once we have chosen a faction?
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's out in the grass next to a tree somewhere in the swamp. Just keep scanning with your tricorder, get rid of the R+D nodes and you'll find it.

Wow. That one took me a replay to find. Glad these are accessible on replay.

I am caught up in the Treasure Trading Station bug as well.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First-day impressions are mixed, but generally positive.

The good:

It was kind of hilarious seeing the vast armada of Mirandas in sector space. Screenshots were taken, lulz were had.

I had a great time using my main to craft twinked Mk2 equipment for my recruit. Sure, you get the Delta equipment, but that's only one piece per tier. It was incredibly satisfying to trick out a Connie in a full set of VR gear optimized for max DPS, and faceroll the living hell out of everything. XD This was actually one part where I enjoyed playing up the temporal angle of the story--it was fun to think of it as advanced resources from my future self.

Since this is the first alt I've created, the process of twinking it also allowed me to try the R&D and upgrade process from the beginning, now that I know the system and more of what I'm doing.

I dig the whole "treasure hunt" of the Iconian artifacts, and I especially appreciate that your tricorder picks them up and that they're clearly identified with a HUD element. Nothing would've made the whole treasure hunt more annoying and made me more likely to give up on it than if I'd had to go scouring every inch of a map looking for the interactive clicky thing. This was implemented well.

The mixed or neutral:

The time travel story is so-so, pretty standard fare for that trope so far--but then, this is a weakness of most of STO's writing, which is definitely in general more of the "story as a vehicle for gameplay" variety rather than the other way around. No foul on that--it's not something I expect from an mmo.

I got stuck in the TTS completion bug like many others, but the devs are promptly on it with an acknowledgement and there seems to be a workaround. The fact that I can skip the mission without penalty (to be completed later) and still progress the episodic plot is really wonderful--I can't stress enough how much I love this aspect of STO's questing, in that if I find a particular mission tedious or problematic I can just move on.

The bad:

Since this is the first alt I've played through, doing so has revealed a fairly egregious oversight in STO's UI: the complete inability to import your keybinds to a new character until after you already need them. It's bad enough that there's no way to do this in the interface, necessitating the use of console commands to save and load keybinds. It's worse still that you have to save and load them separately for ground and space, rather than more sensibly saving and loading your whole setup at once. But the icing on the cake was that for some reason the chat interface was completely disabled during the space tutorial mission--which indirectly made it -impossible- to load my space keybinds during the very first mission in which you're thrown into space combat. I run a very customized space keybind setup and this is really discouraging me from wanting to make another alt and slog through this issue.

Getting back in a Miranda and Connie has reminded me of just how godawfully slow these early ships are. As in -too- slow, to the point of being un-fun and discouraging. Seriously, I think I'd blocked out the memory of how much time I wasted in sector space in the early game--and "wasted" is very much the correct word for it, as during that portion of the game there is literally nothing else to do with your travel time, such as check doff assignments. It's incredibly tedious, and early-game is the worst possible time to be boring a new player.

I do not like how prominent the Delta Recruit progress window is on my non-Delta main--at all. Telling me to just close my mission log window is not a valid workaround--I need to have that window open, and this detail is completely irrelevant to it. I get that the purpose was probably to make it very visible to non-Delta players that the Delta players were doing something which benefits them, but after the first few times I've seen it, I don't care anymore--it's wasting space in my UI, and that's in a UI that already wastes too much space on chrome as it is. Bottom line: this needed to be its own window that we can turn off like any other, or something FAR less obtrusive. If I had no interest at all in the whole Delta event, I'd be even more aggravated at having it shoved in my face with no way to get rid of it without disabling an essential piece of my UI.

Conclusion:

Overall, while I think some of the shine might wear off once I'm faced with the proposition of replaying some of the REALLY tedious ground-heavy missions later, like Coliseum or the whole Nimbus questline, for now I'm enjoying having a reason to reuse old content and an excuse to faceroll the mission content with the benefit of an endgame character's resources and the knowledge I've gained since the first time I went through them.

There are some aggravations, most of which would probably more seriously impact a newbie or someone who isn't actually playing a Delta recruit, but on the balance this is good, refreshing fun.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a lot of happiness and joy getting all this together. Enjoy! :)

It's alllllllllll for you, Captains!

Thank you.
    I am loving this.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amezuki wrote: »

Since this is the first alt I've played through, doing so has revealed a fairly egregious oversight in STO's UI: the complete inability to import your keybinds to a new character until after you already need them. It's bad enough that there's no way to do this in the interface, necessitating the use of console commands to save and load keybinds. It's worse still that you have to save and load them separately for ground and space, rather than more sensibly saving and loading your whole setup at once. But the icing on the cake was that for some reason the chat interface was completely disabled during the space tutorial mission--which indirectly made it -impossible- to load my space keybinds during the very first mission in which you're thrown into space combat. I run a very customized space keybind setup and this is really discouraging me from wanting to make another alt and slog through this issue.

Actually all you have to do is go to your main character that has the binds you want, go to UI menu tab, click save UI settings or something to that effect, then once on newly created character simply click load UI settings and viola! It's exactly the same as the character you last were on and saved! And it imports both the space and ground binds instantly.
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually all you have to do is go to your main character that has the binds you want, go to UI menu tab, click save UI settings or something to that effect, then once on newly created character simply click load UI settings and viola! It's exactly the same as the character you last were on and saved! And it imports both the space and ground binds instantly.

^^ This right here.

When you're an altoholic, this is a godsend. Cryptic did this for CoH too, so glad it's here as well.

-
    signature-03.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    The episodic ones for Fed and Rom only arcs are NOT unlocking on my KDF, so playing a Fed or Rom Delta Recruit would unlock them. So, contrary to the incomplete listing in the Dev Blog, I would miss out.

From the way the post made by Borticus was worded, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.
    Each faction has a separate list of requirements. If any Recruit on your account completes their list, you will receive credit for the "All Info" or "All Tech" goals.

I do plan on making a Romulan Delta Recruit too though just because I want one so I guess I'll find out for sure one way or the other eventually. Would be nice if Borticus could come in and give an answer on it though.

Again though, you're still going to get a lot more than most people here and Romulans, KDF, and Fed share story arcs after a set point in the progression so I still don't think you're going to 'miss out' on a huge amount.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    askray wrote: »
    Sunday I'll be spending most of my time doing this!

This will be a blast!

have to agree I have spent a good while playing today and its great, my fault I had to partially replay a mission because I missed the location of the iconian thingie and I had a problem finding how you go about claiming the event rewards on the delta and regulars but sorted that thanks to a fleet mates timely advise.

but all in all its been great, I have really enjoyed replaying through the missions again and collecting the iconian widgets has just added an extra dimension to the thrill of the challenge.

I`m up to lv16 so far so with any luck I can complete the objectives in plenty of time to perhaps do one of my other 2 deltas I have waiting in the wings, here's hoping.
    who knows I may have time to do both with any luck, wouldn't that be something.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited April 2015
    pec3 wrote: »
    I can not go in on my Delta Recruit, because when this video intro goes it freeze the game.
    I have not problem to go on my other chars.
    And when new revamped map will start?

have you tried quickly pressing the Esc key just as the intro vid is starting.
    although you have to play the tutorial you don't have to watch the intro`s.

edited April 2015
    So, unless I'm missing something obvious... I have no free character slot to use for the Delta Recruitment event. Well, I have the option to make one for use exclusively in the Foundry, but that hardly seems right...

Under "Regular Play" the "New Delta Recruit" button is greyed out and mouseover says;
    "You've filled all of your character slots.
    To buy more, choose the buy slots option in the selection menu."

Under "Create Content" I *can* click "New Delta Recruit" but... well why would I bother if they can't take part in the event?

So, am I missing something really obvious here, or am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance!

did you perchance have a sub and fill all your spaces and stop subbing, if so this could be why you never got the space, unfortunately if this is the case I cant see any easy way round your problem.