What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment - Week 2!

Comments

• Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Am I the only one that noticed in the new blog, the delta armor visual is something that isn't in game or is it? Can we get a comment on this armor? is it some sort of delta recruit unlock?
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    icsairguns wrote: »
    i think he is referring to the tag line the few the proud. and the poster with the blade dividing the photon from dress to combat. both are copy paste from the Corps. but its cryptic should we expect anything more?

It was always the impression that they were basically space marines as it is, so I don't see the problem with having a little fun and making a poster that further insinuates such by referencing real-world marine taglines.

There are problems with STO, but I don't think a harmless poster made for what seems like fun is one of them.

That aside, phreakbee's possible explanation seems the most logical. For all we know, too, MACOs were probably the total combined ground-based military force of Earth and later the Federation, aside from something like honorary forces left intact on Federation worlds for cultural value and independent patrol forces for local policing. Or multi-factional joint forces like Omega.
    phreakbee wrote: »
    You do realise that this is post "first contact" after several wars with nuclear exchanges, to include the eugenics war. Any of those scenarios would've hit D.C. with a 200 mt high yeeld weapon that would've certainly wiped out nearby Annapolis and the U.S.N.A.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Am I the only one that noticed in the new blog, the delta armor visual is something that isn't in game or is it? Can we get a comment on this armor? is it some sort of delta recruit unlock?

No, I noticed that, too. I'm not able to log in at the moment to verify, but the shoulder pads don't look like those I remember seeing on any of my MACO armor variants (Veteran, Elite, Operational, and Striker).

...Well, maybe like the Operation shoulder pads... Hmmm... Now I'm doubting my memory...

ETA, one Google search later, nope, not any of those....
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/11601586983_6ff9e34234_b.jpg
    (Similar to the Ops shoulder pads, as I mentioned, but the Blog's version is definitely different.)

ETA2: Note that the "Tactical" version listed in the pic above was never released to my knowledge, but it's not the version in the Blog either...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So far no bugs for me. Neat stuff in the tutorial. Character I'm excited to play.

Yay Cryptic!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From memory alpha:

The military official that oversaw the MACOs was General Casey. (ENT: "The Expanse") MACO posts included Atlanta, Georgia and the Janus loop. Training posts included West Point in New York. (ENT: "The Xindi", "Hatchery", "The Council")

So US army, not marines. If it was marines they'd be coming out of Annapolis.

The sheer existance of MACOs in STOs timeline is stupid enough, but I wa mroe referring to the cheap military pathos to appeal to the GI Joe generation in all of these Delta posters ;D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having a lot of fun with it. Really enjoying the new story aspects so far. Gratzi Cryptic for this one.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a lot of happiness and joy getting all this together. Enjoy! :)

It's alllllllllll for you, Captains!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a lot of happiness and joy getting all this together. Enjoy! :)

It's alllllllllll for you, Captains!

I'm glad y'all enjoyed making it! So far it's really cool and I'm liking it a lot.

Between this and the retro build on Redshirt, I'm really feeling the love from y'all, haha. :) Hopefully some ruffled feathers will be smoothed as a result of what all you've done here.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My only real complaint from what I've seen so far is the lack of new race options for players.

Folks have been asking for Suliban since LoR and apparently they WERE in at one point but got dropped later. Xindi would have been another good one to have as well. Add in the cross faction races that could (and perhaps SHOULD) be in game, like Ferengi for Roms and KDF as well as Caitians and/or Ferassans for Roms. And why isn't there an option to make a Talaxian as a Rom for lifers?

There are others that could work as cross faction as well (I personally would love a Fed Gorn) but you get the idea. I understand that making the non-existing races could be a huge workload, but making some of the existing races cross faction *shouldn't* be too difficult. (says the non-programmer)

The sale on C-Store races is a good move and makes sense, so at least some thought was given to the species issue. Maybe it would be too much to have had done for this event. Perhaps we'll see something with season 10.

Even with this problem, I'm looking forward to making my Delta Recruit(s) and seeing the new twists on the old content.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cardasian is available right?!?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    barricaderbarricader Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make a toon I don't want to make, that I'm not going to use, and thus have no need to have?

HA HA

No.
  • Options
    glasgow4glasgow4 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have fun to all those participating, but five characters is more than enough. Particularly when they've made leveling to 60 such a pain in the TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe I missed it in some of "Recruitment Ads" but anyone else notice that when we complete the tutorial we don't get our usual "OMG, you've played for 5 years, here is all the accolades that you have acquired in that" dings? Also, I noticed that the 700 day Vet Reward for bonus XP is missing as well. I'm sure it's intentional, but would have been nice to know. I kind of miss all those bonuses I get from my years as a player. Yes, I know this this is to put new players on an even keel with us vets, but seriously, until they get all the accolades and the vet rewards, they aren't ever really on the same sheet as we are, since we also have years of events under our belts as well. Just saying.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont suppose dev can clear up what happens if we hit a point where we cannot continue in the storyline due to story bugs etc? Personally I cannot get past Treasurre trading station as it is stuck on the roadblock stage but continues me on the blood thirsty stage. Can we have to drop and restart or can we skip?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I dont suppose dev can clear up what happens if we hit a point where we cannot continue in the storyline due to story bugs etc? Personally I cannot get past Treasurre trading station as it is stuck on the roadblock stage but continues me on the blood thirsty stage. Can we have to drop and restart or can we skip?

I've been running into a lot of little bugs like that recently (even on my vet toon). Sometimes, just leaving to sector space fixes it and sometimes I have to drop and restart, but I haven't noticed any that specifically blocked my advancement after one of those two solutions was tried. But you do raise a valid point.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So...that split Officer/MACO image...any chance we're getting that armor set to supplement the existing MACO visuals?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reminds me when I hopped into this Tier 1 bop from c-store I had to check once again if its costume worked on a fleet b'rel since it works on the c-store brel lol. It is still bugged what like 2 years now lol. Man and you wonder how ppl like me get so frustrated with you.
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Working fine for my new Fed Tac, up until Treasure Trading Station. Completed all objectives, got the Iconian tech, log says I rescued Marta... Won't complete. Thinks I still have to finish "Roadblocks". Repeat. Same thing. Lots of other players in Zone having same issue.

Pls fix or will be sadz.
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, Treasure station won't complete, the bomb disarm in Kuvah'magh can also be tricky. Pls fix.
  • Options
    psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No, I noticed that, too. I'm not able to log in at the moment to verify, but the shoulder pads don't look like those I remember seeing on any of my MACO armor variants (Veteran, Elite, Operational, and Striker).

...Well, maybe like the Operation shoulder pads... Hmmm... Now I'm doubting my memory...

ETA, one Google search later, nope, not any of those....
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/11601586983_6ff9e34234_b.jpg
    (Similar to the Ops shoulder pads, as I mentioned, but the Blog's version is definitely different.)

ETA2: Note that the "Tactical" version listed in the pic above was never released to my knowledge, but it's not the version in the Blog either...

Agreed. Looks very new to me. Here's hoping we get a new set, and Omega Force and Honour Guard to match
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Incase my post never gets noticed in the bug section because I failed to give a very engaging title, I will repeat here since this post is appropriate.

I do actually like Delta Recruitment, just the below explained issue is driving me mad.

"I've noticed an issue with Delta Recruitment.

This issue is not likely to affect 99.9% of users, but is really bugging me.
    The issue is simple, Delta Recruits are single faction, which means that the 1 Delta Recruit slot we were given is simply not enough to claim all Delta Recruit rewards.

Just buy more character slots you will say, well that is where my problem comes in. I can't. Haven't been able to since I got the maximum 50 characters + 1 Foundry (Now 51 + 1 Foundry). All of these Characters are Level 50 or above and have at least 1 reputation maxed out (except the Foundry and the Delta Recruit) so I am really loathe to delete one due to all the hours I put into them.

I could delete the Delta Recruit and start again in another faction and do that process 3 times until I unlocked all account-wide rewards for a Delta Recruit, but this seems to be a very time consuming, and very counter productive, way of doing things.

A simple fix to my issue (which might just be for me, I'm not sure how many people have 50 Level 50+ characters + 1 foundry) would be to allow the buying of 2 more character slots (which I will happily do). Although seeing as the new max level is 60, a total of 60 (59 or 61 due to even numbered buying of character slots) would seem apt.

I feel like I am missing out on the full Delta Recruitment experience because of this issue.

A timely resolution, or even a flat out "No more character slots" would be better than an autogen response or silence.

-@RoebotSixtyFive"
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    glasgow4 wrote: »
    Have fun to all those participating, but five characters is more than enough. Particularly when they've made leveling to 60 such a pain in the TRIBBLE.

You think 5 is more than enough? I have 51 (including my single Delta Recruit) (52 if you include foundry), all but the DR and Foundry are level 50+, 3 are level 60, and 2 are 59. Level 60 is rather moot unless you are a [Redacted] because pretty much all content is availiable at level 50, bar the Delta Rising storyline.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    nuttkase1976nuttkase1976 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about people who cannot dedicate all their spare time to grind all the storyline missions in the Delta recruitment period ??

I seem to remember Stephen D'Angelo referring to people like myself as "weekend warriors" ! This seems to not to be the case.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you see a Heisenberg running around begging you to say his name it's probably me!

SAY MY NAME!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What about people who cannot dedicate all their spare time to grind all the storyline missions in the Delta recruitment period ??

I seem to remember Stephen D'Angelo referring to people like myself as "weekend warriors" ! This seems to not to be the case.

To my knowledge, once a Delta Recruit has been made and goes through their special tutorial, they can continue to do their stuff even after the event ends, they just don't get the Dil on Kill trait.

• Options
    lumpkin1lumpkin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there any point in making a kdf sci toon in hopes there will be a t6 sci ship? Or just stick to tac?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This issue is not likely to affect 99.9% of users, but is really bugging me.
    The issue is simple, Delta Recruits are single faction, which means that the 1 Delta Recruit slot we were given is simply not enough to claim all Delta Recruit rewards.

I'm not 100% sure that we're talking about the same thing here, but the devs. did say that if you complete all tasks per faction, it will still count as a full completion and you should be able to claim all the rewards on your other characters.

The devs. have posted in another thread that you only need to make a 'Delta Recruit' and finish the tutorial while the event is running, and then you should be able to complete the tasks whenever you take the time to do so, even after the event. You should be able to claim the rewards as you complete the task even after the event, as long as you finish the tutorial. I have no idea why I typed the same thing 2 times. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've reported the problems some users are having with the Treasure Trading Station.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    psyloaf wrote: »
    Agreed. Looks very new to me. Here's hoping we get a new set, and Omega Force and Honour Guard to match

Must have seen something different what I saw was a broken KHG uniform which we already have but it just makes them look really bad as game designers when they let something go this long without a fix.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure that we're talking about the same thing here, but the devs. did say that if you complete all tasks per faction, it will still count as a full completion and you should be able to claim all the rewards on your other characters.

The devs. have posted in another thread that you only need to make a 'Delta Recruit' and finish the tutorial while the event is running, and then you should be able to complete the tasks whenever you take the time to do so, even after the event. You should be able to claim the rewards as you complete the task even after the event, as long as you finish the tutorial.

To clarify, it's only the Episode specific rewards that can't be claimed. The general rewards can. However, to get all rewards (which does include those episode ones), you seem to need to have a Fed, a Rom AND a KDF Delta Recruit. Annoying since I can't possibly get any more character slots.