What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online: Rebirth

Comments

• Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're bringing down Redshirt currently in order to bring about the good ole' new old days.

We're calling it Operation Redshirt.

Or OR for short.

Ooooooh, nearly 1000 posts TrendyGoateeGirly, will you push for the 1k post today, or want to leave it untill tomorrow, if you can manage it, for an Uber Post?
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    Got linked to it from the Facebook link, the heading of which read;

And the worst thing? It was actually believable.

Does...does this mean the T6 ships were a prank? :P

One can hope, personally find the Galaxy to be the worst looking ship in STO. Sadly way too much money to be made from Galaxy fannies.

Cirran
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bushton wrote: »
    you kidding us?:confused: For some seconds i believe that was true, but i found it impossible..... cause You guys are Cryptic, not Fantastic Four to remake the old good job.

bye you all!

This is absolutely true... 100% and I think it's a great step forward for the financial prosperity of the game. Plus, nostalgia is timeless... This friends... is the new Delta Recruit system. We all start out new and fresh, even and equal... perfectly balanced.

All joking aside I am sentimental and seeing the old pics was cool... there definitely were issues, just as there always will be but I think it's great to see how far the game has come the past 5 years. Lots and lots of memories...

I still think filling the social zones with "bugs" would be funny though... everyone could spend the day squashing them while the devs tell us how easy it is LOL
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
  • Options
    yoosty1yoosty1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Remember when traveling through sector space and being pulled into battle by the Enemy Contacts. Now that was fun!!!
  • Options
    freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is actually very good news. Sometimes the best way to fix your mistakes/repair something, is to start all over again. Good on you for being so brave! :P

-
    signature-03.png
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now stop wasting time on childish April Fool's jokes and fix the 31K bugs that exist on holodeck.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qziqza wrote: »
    Ooooooh, nearly 1000 posts TrendyGoateeGirly, will you push for the 1k post today, or want to leave it untill tomorrow, if you can manage it, for an Uber Post?
    I am MirrorTrendy! Saying I have a goatee is superfluous! :D
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're bringing down Redshirt currently in order to bring about the good ole' new old days.

Or OR for short.

So Redshirt Rising was taken? Why not Legacy Of Redshirt?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    d3cubedd3cubed Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel like this is a tounge-in-cheek stab at those whining about all the new content.
    I support Handsome Phaser Guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralvondrunkadmiralvondrunk Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dead giveaway that it's an April fools day joke. Cryptic doesn't have a QA department.

Brilliant! lol
  • Options
    tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unfortunatly... this joke is a very big insult to all the PVP players (including those that left the game for all the known reasons)

Well done Cryptic.... "clap"...... "clap"......."clap"........, well done.... :mad:
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh god, those screenshots take me back.

I remember way back then we didn't have enough story missions to hit the level cap so we had to go grind and...

Oh wait.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Star Trek Online has brought us intense pride! Over the course of its run, we've made leaps and bounds! Today however we put to rest this glorious and sparkling pony! Holodeck is going to be retired. But wait! There's more! We are proud to announce our latest and arguably greatest project to date

Star Trek Online: Rebirth

~MirrorTrendy

LOL Trendy... in this game, a April Fool's joke needs to be a bit lighter. Something like... For 24 hours you can upgrade free! No materials required! No dilithium required!
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    So Redshirt Rising was taken? Why not Legacy Of Redshirt?

In some of the discussion notes there was talk of calling it The Legacy of Delta Rising, but TLDR.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Or OR for short.

Come now were already onto this sad and pathetic joke

Ive seen some bad jokes in my days but this one?....has just gotten the dubious honor of being the worst joke ive ever heard ,read or seen.

so lets just stop this bad joke already is not funny :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No one got it because of him working in sector 7G? Well for what it can matter i think it would be fun to try once how the game was at launch
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Obvious April's fool aside, i would not mind playing the game in its original state from 2010.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, yeah, this might have gone over better if it wasn't the very day after the announcement of the new Tier 6 ships, during the Delta Recruitment event, and just weeks after talking about the new astrometrics/space maps. Still, simpler would be better, and I wouldn't have minded if this was legit.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    d3cubed wrote: »
    I feel like this is a tounge-in-cheek stab at those whining about all the new content.

I can only hope.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lol. :D :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this is not a joke, I want my zen back. Spent them on lots of TRIBBLE you got on c-store. Now multiply that with the time I spent playing.

Anyone knows where the cryptic cave is?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    LOL Trendy... in this game, a April Fool's joke needs to be a bit lighter. Something like... For 24 hours you can upgrade free! No materials required! No dilithium required!

I wouldve loved to seen cryptic say (For all the doomsayers) that the game was being cancled after its 5 year journey let everyone stew in it for about an hour then say aprils fools lol
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So if we are starting at the beginning . . . Is pvp dead at this point, or does it happen later?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so lets just stop this bad joke already is not funny :rolleyes:

Humor is subjective friend... I think it was hilarious and liked the old screenshots. Lighten up and laugh... or avoid the forums today if it's frustrating, no reason to get upset.

That'll do pig... that'll do.
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
  • Options
    hoodlum19hoodlum19 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So... you gonna undo everything you've done so far and bring it back to 2010?

Now, why you think this would upset us, as an April Fool's Joke? If anything, it's the disappointment afterwards, when i figured out that it was AFJ, that bothered me.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    keravnios wrote: »
    If this is not a joke, I want my zen back. Spent them on lots of TRIBBLE you got on c-store. Now multiply that with the time I spent playing.

Anyone knows where the cryptic cave is?

Right next to the Bat-cave. Just ask Robin for directions.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya know.. strange as it seems... It would just maybe qualify as a good idea...

Make a great reminder of just how much has changed since launch...

and how much "Monster Play" as KDF really stunk...
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm wondering how many people in this thread is just joking about being mad over it. I pray all.
This discussion has been closed.