test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When was the last time you used Abandon Ship?

kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
For me, it was a week or two ago when, for the first time in 5 years, I hit it by accident. :cool:
Post edited by kiloace on

Comments

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And what happened? End of mission, running away in your shuttles? :)
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    during the mirror event I played with a very old KDF toon I only play on such events with

and well.. I hit it by accident

on all other toosn its not even onm the tray.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can proudly say: Never ! If my crew is too incompetent to survive they deserve a fiery death. Plenty more where they came from. :D
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Before the disappearing Bo bug, cryptic had a three year old ui ability reset bug.
    That was the only time I pressed it, by accident.

The reason the ability exist is because cryptic listened to some clowns on the forums saying that abandon ship was needed in a star trek game
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Only by accident or for the lulz, like two times in four years. The ability is rather pointless :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I used it quite a lot when I first started playing, since I was blowing up all the time and it looked cool hearing the sirens and seeing all the pods shooting out the hull.

These days I don't even have it on the hotbar. If the explosion actually did reasonable damage I'd use it all the time.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I put Abandon Ship on my friend's spacebar bind once. Took him forever to figure out what was killing him lol. Other than that, I've never really used it. Ramming speed yes, but not abandon ship.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i have used the abandon ship on a few occasions where i am haplessly outmatched, at least if a teammate has taken a chunk of shielding out the target im about to explode next to, at least i can be of use exploding :cool:.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cloak, fly into the CE, abandon ship, respawn... repeat :D

For the Empire.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can't fathom why anyone would rather flee than gloriously sacrifice themselves in a ramming.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Once, by accident. Maybe twice actually, the first being trying to see what it does.

Would rather take my chances on a ship on the verge of collapse, then strand everyone in escape pods to be reprocessed by the elachi, sent to rura penthe for life, enter the fed's penal system, or whatever other more horrible fate.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Long, long time. I take the trouble to move it to a tray and slot not bound to any key, on the remote unlikelyhood that I might want to use it someday.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't remember, but it might have been a few weeks ago. I think I had just switched ships and reorganized the toolbars, but accidentally put Abandon Ship in a place for a power I regularly use. Evasice, Ramming Speed or somehting like that. Oops.

They should build in some kind of perk. Maybe that you don't get a ship injury or something like that if you Abandon instead of just explode.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spock1190 wrote: »
    I can't fathom why anyone would rather flee than gloriously sacrifice themselves in a ramming.

Spock said it best, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When was the last time I've used what now?

I think I used it when I got it, to see what it did, then removed it from the tray, and never looked back.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm sure I used Abandon Ship before for the laughs. But I can't recall how many years ago it was. I don't even put it on the tray anymore.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've used it once or twice on accident. Ramming Speed seems imminently more useful; either 'abuse' the speed buff to make a getaway, or use it actually aim your ship at something that needs a heaping dose of kinetic damage (and will probably catch a piece of your warp core breach, too). Abandon Ship takes too long to animate, during which time your ship contributes nothing to the fight.

Now, if Abandon Ship did something useful, that'd be different. It could prevent the on-respawn power outage, it could prevent on-death injury accumulation, but all it does is offer a secondary explosion that's only likely to hit a stationary target.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Never. It's a stupid ability when all it does is causing death for just a few seconds. First thing I do whenever I'm in a new ship and setting up my tray is removing that thing from it.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's one of the many highly situational and not useful enough abilities so that it gets removed from the bars and never put back on. It doesn't even make it onto the I'll-never-actually-look-at-it-again spacebar macro bar.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I used it once in a whole life

got new ship and not reorganised bar in full meaning (throwing everything away and putting good things in good spots)

then during the PvE mission I accidentally smashed the power in a moment of "use all defensive skilsl cause I'm being bitten to a TRIBBLE" no time to read what I smash in such moments :P

since then I always make sure that neither ramming speed nor abandon the ship is on the tray

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Use it only for the Sound FX rather than for offence. Its damage is shockingly bad for what is essentially a Self Destruct. It should have its damage increased and be reworked and named Self Destruct. And only be activatable if you have no shields and hull is at 15% e.t.c
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Use it only for the Sound FX rather than for offence. Its damage is shockingly bad for what is essentially a Self Destruct. It should have its damage increased and be reworked and named Self Destruct. And only be activatable if you have no shields and hull is at 15% e.t.c

Sure, but only if it's an actual self destruct that results in the loss of your ship.

Blowing up your own ship should never be a routine thing just to do a bit more DPS and should have some consequences.

This game is offensive enough, it's bad enough that survivability is of almost no importance in this game.
  • Options
    mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I should not use the doffs that increase the damage from the warp core breach?
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    By similar topic

When was the last time you used Ramming Speed to actually do a suicide run into an enemy ship?

Was it even worth it against their OP shields?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I use Abandon Ship and Ramming Speed against my foes quite frequently. One of my fondest memories of STO is ramming a guy in Kerrat, neither of us died immediately so I self destructed and took him with me. He was not happy and spent the next hour swearing at me while I laughed so hard it hurt and I still felt the pain a few days later.

But then I am a little off, any game that lets me do some sort of self destruct is awesome in my book...my friends HATE when I use Kog'maw in LoL...
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Last time I used it was when you could blow up other players in orbit of ESD with it...... Yes I was being an TRIBBLE.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Used it like (6) times in a row during an early level mission. Thought it was "Evasive Action".
    Could not figure out what the H##l kept killing me??? Gotta love a "noob". :D

Hasn't been in the tray since.

BCW.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tbh ive never used it not once i actually forget i even have that as an option so what it does extra damage upon dying? like an enemy is just going to sit there and wait for it to happen :rolleyes: